[Drama 2007] Blissful Woman / A Happy Woman 행복한 여자

Guest dramaok

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest classychic

thank you for that information dramaok i really hope JY keeps EJ, i'm also watching Here comes Ajumma (morning drama) and the lead actress' husband got the child from her to force her to sign the divorce papers and the husband's gf is such a bad mom to the child. i hope that won't happen to EJ, yeah JH's family could provide for a "better" quality of life to EJ but I doubt they'll do wonders with her emotional development. i just hope JY won't have a hard time since Argh!!! this drama is titled "Blissful Woman"

I hope many people are supporting or will support this drama, it's really entertaining.

edit: how many episodes does this drama have?

Guest babymarzy07

this is from korea times in 2005:

i wonder how it's working now.... perhaps ji-yeon does have rights to custody.. but since jun-ho's family has more money, therefore opportunity to provide a 'better' life for eun-ji maybe the court would favor them?

i suppose it's up to a judge.

thanks for the article dramaok, now i understand how the family system works. but does this always work? or in specialized cases? many dramas still depicts it as the the father takes the kid and the mom doesnt have a choice? now im too curious about it. im wondering though, how is does it affect traditional family ties? isnt it confusing to change surname's is a way also someways? i hope it can be a choice. its sad to know that women in korea dont get much stand. im thinking maybe the courts would favor JY even if JH fam has more money. maybe if TS and JY were together they could adopt it? Carmina, thanks for the story. maybe similar to YH. JH will realize it would be better for JY to get the custody? or is he still blind to HY's manipulations. i wonder how the writers will address this issue.

Thanks dramaok for the very useful info about the Family Registery System in Korea & their law on child custody. Now we understand how the law works as they were applied in those dramas e.g. Yellow Handkerchief, Chill Sisters & now Here Comes Ajumma . It's indeed possible that JH could take custody of EJ considering his financial capability. But JY could counteract his claim by proving that he is an unfit father having abondoned her and being unfaithful as a husband. :angry: JH cannot provide the security of a home to EJ unlike JY who has always looked after the child's welfare even as a single mother. :)

Another episode tonight to look forward to ... can't wait to find out how the story would go once JH finds out about EJ's paternity. I can guess he'll do his utmost best to get close to his daughter, a move that JY would resent, so the conflict begins. I predict JY will fight it out for custody, for how can she entrust her daughter to JH with HY on his sde. <_<

Guest babymarzy07

I just finished the episode JY finds out bout JH sordid affair and wants to leave him on kbsworld. I'd just like to share my thoughts, after doing so. Frst of all, I cant believe JH. How could he have the gall to act so lightly about everything after HY told JY? Tell her hate me for a few days but forgive me and im sorry. Will it take everything back? All the hurt and how much it affected JY? So yeah, he cried and got drunk after JY told him she couldnt bare it and wanted to leave. Didnt her ever think of that when he started the whole thing? I just feel that he took it that JY was just a happy go lucky person and she loved him too much that she wouldnt let him go and forgive him out bat. How can you forgive someone that easily? And JH asked her forgive me in a few days and we'll go to US. I mean really now... No offense though, are all men like this? coz Jongmi said all guys do it once or twice like natural instinct? Is this how the writer view korean men or society? That it isnt that big of a deal and you can just forgive? I can just go on forever on how i really dont like JH. I really felt for JY, when she hurt her hand and she didnt even feel it anymore because her pain was numb.

Another thing, TS's dad saying TS shouldn't have brought back SJ and telling him about not caring for SJ. Omg, how could he say such things when he has his own family he left behind. Did he not feel as bad as TS did when he saw SJ's condition. Sigh, this drama can get one emotional. Is it me? I mean just seeing all the past JY and JH moments and what JH did? Siggghhh..

Guest classychic

I mean really now... No offense though, are all men like this? coz Jongmi said all guys do it once or twice like natural instinct? Is this how the writer view korean men or society? That it isnt that big of a deal and you can just forgive? I can just go on forever on how i really dont like JH. I really felt for JY, when she hurt her hand and she didnt even feel it anymore because her pain was numb.

Another thing, TS's dad saying TS shouldn't have brought back SJ and telling him about not caring for SJ. Omg, how could he say such things when he has his own family he left behind. Did he not feel as bad as TS did when he saw SJ's condition. Sigh, this drama can get one emotional. Is it me? I mean just seeing all the past JY and JH moments and what JH did? Siggghhh..

I know "all" men aren't like that but some are unfortunately big 'ol jerks.

I guess the writer was trying to show how it was like from an immature/weak/stupid guy's point of view, <_<

I was surprised on his reaction towards that, so self-righteous of him.

oh please some kind soul update us with what's happening... (hoping for dramaok... :blush: )

I mean really now... No offense though, are all men like this? coz Jongmi said all guys do it once or twice like natural instinct? Is this how the writer view korean men or society? That it isnt that big of a deal and you can just forgive? I can just go on forever on how i really dont like JH. I really felt for JY, when she hurt her hand and she didnt even feel it anymore because her pain was numb.

Thank you babymarzy07 for sharing with us. I can't get KBS World so without you all comments and translations I will remain lost. So Thanks!

About the ALL MEN I think that's too general and SOME MEN is too lienent; the way I see it MOST MEN are like this and only SOME MEN (like JH) are stupid enough to get caught.

Speaking about stupid men, TS stepfather should fit snuggly into this category but I see he's a master in the heartless category. I think he is heartless to walk away from his family with not 1 but 3 girls!!!! Isn't it hard on a girl's esteem when she is abandon by her father? It's one thing to leave the mother but he cut ties with his daughters as well. I'm sure this has impacted their lives. If the father doesn't care about such things as this concerning his own blood how much more will he be concern with a stranger's child. (Do you think the father is the reason why TS mother initially abandon him?)

I was hoping that someone would ask that too :sweatingbullets:

.. I'm so lost in this drama.. what's happening now?

ditto

Thank you in advance!

22회 :: 2007년 3월 18일 (일)(Sunday)

지연은 태섭이 열어 준 옥상 파티를 생각하며 삶의 위안을 얻고, 종미로부터 그 시각 준호가 자신을 찾아왔었다는 사실을 알게 된다. 종미는 지연 때문에 본의 아니게 준호에게 은지가 준호의 아이가 아니라는 거짓말을 했다는 사실을 말하고 지연은 준호 생각에 착잡해 진다.

하영과의 결혼을 준비하는 준호는 지연에 대한 미련과 배신감으로 복잡해진다. 하영은 준호의 이런 마음을 알아채지 못하고 결혼 준비를 해나가고 그 과정에서 변여사와 하영의 엄마는 서로 간의 자존심 싸움을 벌인다.

지숙의 집에서는 제대한 병구를 저녁 식사에 초대하고 티격태격하던 지숙과 병구는 서로가 어린 시절 한 동네 살았던 이웃이자 앞으로 가까이 지내게 될 누나 동생임을 알고 더욱 불쾌해 진다.

한편, 태섭의 엄마는 태섭을 위해 맞선을 주선하는데...

Welcome!

Tell the truth: YOU REALLY DO KNOW WHAT WAS ON HIS MIND DON'T YOU? LUST :w00t: <--- I'm sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself! :P *** slapping the floor laughing while thinking about how JH is such a pr**k :P

But in all honesty, I think HY deserves an unfaithful man easily swayed by simple solicitation. Living with a man like that, one can never have a sense of security. They will forever be bound by suspicion and jealousy and whenever he feels like throwing it in ... a dose of guilt to boot! So, from my point of view they deserve each other.

wakakakakakaakakak...... :crazy: ..yeaaaaaaaaa...that's rightttttttt..LUST!....wakakaakakaak...OMO..OMO...why the hell didn't I think of that before..??.wakakaakaka...I am just so hopelessly romantic that I ignore that "L" factor...wakakaka..

I actually really hate this kind of character in korean drama..(who's not..??) , it's like they are meant to be doomed forever.. :tongue2:

but I can't seem bring my self to really..really..actually hate JH..donno why? ikss..it's not just because he's handsome (yea...yea..yea right..) *slap myself* :rolleyes:

, it's more like I think HY is the most deserved person to be blamed on....I mean..he didn't mean to get drunk and all that.., but I admit he was so paboya!.., that woman was practically trying to get him in bed, and he didn't realize that??..ooo....Geeee....I mean it is worse enough to get kissed by her and she said she was just copying 'the winter sonata' scene..yeaa...yeaaaaaaa sureee...(that will never work on me..#$$$$%) :wacko: :tongue2: :tongue2: , he should have seen all the signs by then.., what an idiot.. :sweatingbullets:

I am not sure ..this drama is really unpredictable.., maybe JH&JY will not get together at the end..but it would be difficult for TS&JY to be together as well..regarding to their parents and all.. :tears:

of course I think the end would be related in how the korean people accept this kind of problem/issues.., or maybe the writer would just keep the ending hanging on the wall..and let the viewer to have their own opinion on how it ends later on.

personally, I think HY deserves even worse than JH...wakakkakakaa...

still i must say ... that JH is such a hottie~ but his character is just so @$%@#^@#$%^

agree....wakakka..*got kicked by gerryg*...wekekekeeke..

I've watched him before in hartack teacher and star candy..and he was just hillarious....wekekeke...

too bad he has to play such a bad character in this one.. :sweatingbullets:

Hi ruru! welcome! i hope this board is more alive, this drama is getting interesting and the actors/actresses aren't bad either.

babymarzy i think there's a slim chance that JY is letting JH into her life, she may still harbor feelings of love for him but i doubt she'll want him back into her life. she already said, that she can't-won't forgive him when she found out the sordid details of his affair.unless the writer has some other things in mind.. <_<

i'm rooting all the way for TS and JY! ^_^

thank youuuuuuuuuuu.... :tears: ...

yea..I got hooked by this drama ever since the first eps..I really like the husband-wife relationship between JH-JY..they were so adorable back then.. :blush:

I like this drama for it's issues and cast of course.., I think it's interesting to see how the writer will end this drama with, will it be a surprise..or something else...who knows? ..

yeaa...I think it would be almost impossible for JY to take JH back into her life again, not that she's getting closer to TS now..rightttttttt.... :rolleyes: ..kekekeeke..., but I don't know..I am kind of..hoping for some surprises from the writer..I am hoping still..that no one could predict the end of it.., kind of bored already with predictable drama...kekekekee.. :blush:

In Indonesian Forum (FI), this drama have reach page 6, only 2 pages apart from soompi...wehehehe.., and more people are getting interested in this drama..so believe when I say..this thread will not be forgotten.., many are curious about the upcoming spoiler..wekekekeke..., people there addressing HY as a 'big bird' from sesame street...wkakakaakaka..I mean really...bhhuahahaha..*banging on my desk* ..hihihihhii...right after that eps, when she visited JH at his office and she got this ...how should I say it in english..'red flurry coat..?'..wakakaakak....well 'big bird' has a yellow one..but still....wakakakaakaka..., it was really fun making some bad jokes on her (HY)..but then again..she is a good actress for making her role come alive like that.. :unsure:

yes, i'm curious as to how the writers are going to deal with that complicated line.

i just hope that JH would let JS have a happy life of her own.

me too!!.. :blush: ..it's really complicated.., as long as HY end up with no one..I'd go along with it.. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

Guest dramaok

20070318093848148e7_095959_0.jpg

ep. 20: (3-11-07)

nationwide: 27.1%

ep. 21: (3-17-07)

nationwide: 24.7%

#1 weekend drama overall for 2 weeks in a row.

ep. 22 preview (sunday 3-18-07):

ji-yeon thinks about the party tae-seop threw on the rooftop and she receives solace for living.

through jong-mi, ji-yeon finds out at the same time, jun-ho came by looking for her.

for ji-yeon, jong-mi reluctantly tells jun-ho the truth that ji-yeon lied about eun-ji not being his child, and ji-yeon becomes bewildered in thought.

'for ji-yeon, jong-mi lied to jun-ho against her better judgment that eun-ji is not his, and when she tells ji-yeon, ji-yeon becomes bewildered in thought.

jun-ho who is preparing to marry ha-yeong is troubled by feelings of lingering attachment and betrayal towards ji-yeon.

ha-yeon does not realize jun-ho's complicated heart and she continues with wedding preparations,

however mz. byeon (JH mom) and ha-yeong's mother begin to quarrel due to their own pride.

ji-sook's family invites byeong-gu over for dinner in honor of his military discharge,

and when ji-sook and byeong-gu learn that when they were children they were close like sister and brother living in same neighborhood they become even more repulsed.

meanwhile, tae-seop's mother looks into match dates for tae-seop...

How many episodes is this amazing drama? Thanks.

around 50. if the ratings soar over 40% it will probably get extended to 70 or so.

Guest babymarzy07

Thank you babymarzy07 for sharing with us. I can't get KBS World so without you all comments and translations I will remain lost. So Thanks!

About the ALL MEN I think that's too general and SOME MEN is too lienent; the way I see it MOST MEN are like this and only SOME MEN (like JH) are stupid enough to get caught.

Speaking about stupid men, TS stepfather should fit snuggly into this category but I see he's a master in the heartless category. I think he is heartless to walk away from his family with not 1 but 3 girls!!!! Isn't it hard on a girl's esteem when she is abandon by her father? It's one thing to leave the mother but he cut ties with his daughters as well. I'm sure this has impacted their lives. If the father doesn't care about such things as this concerning his own blood how much more will he be concern with a stranger's child. (Do you think the father is the reason why TS mother initially abandon him?)

ditto

not a problem gerryg :) im so frustrated when i watched those eps. i mean JH was just driving me mad, his attitude like forgiveness is so easy to give and like he expected JY to give in like *snap*. the fact the MIL was so bitchy about the whole thing thinking JY was rude for not being in the house when she just said she wants a divorce. SY was better about it. I think she was pissed by the family too. JH's brother is also pain, thinking that JY is that in love that she couldnt possible dream of divorce? He is so annoying his point of few about cheating like its ok too. Argghhh.. JY's grandma was also weird saying you shouldnt resort to divorce, think about it and think about it. forgive and forget is better. how can you forgive those things? arggghhh! madness! im just venting here.

you have a point, not all guys get caught but most do it. i think its a miracle to find someone who is strong and someone who can fight for his love. i think the father is the reason that TS original dad abadoned him too. that dad is something. i wonder if that had a trigger effect on JY subconciously? since she kept saying her universe was gone when she found out about JH. maybe when her dad left, her universe was also gone? im trying to analyze why JY is reacting so violently to the whole thing too.

20070318093848148e7_095959_0.jpg

ep. 22 preview (sunday 3-18-07):

ji-yeon thinks about the party tae-seop threw on the rooftop and she receives solace for living.

through jong-mi, ji-yeon finds out at the same time, jun-ho came by looking for her.

for ji-yeon, jong-mi reluctantly tells jun-ho the truth that ji-yeon lied about eun-ji not being his child, and ji-yeon becomes bewildered in thought.

jun-ho who is preparing to marry ha-yeong is troubled by feelings of lingering attachment and betrayal towards ji-yeon.

ha-yeon does not realize jun-ho's complicated heart and she continues with wedding preparations,

however mz. byeon (JH mom) and ha-yeong's mother begin to quarrel due to their own pride.

ji-sook's family invites byeong-gu over for dinner in honor of his military discharge,

and when ji-sook and byeong-gu learn that when they were children they were close like sister and brother living in same neighborhood they become even more repulsed.

meanwhile, tae-seop's mother looks into match dates for tae-seop...

around 50. if the ratings soar over 40% it will probably get extended to 70 or so.

woooohhhoo getting exciting here! ya know, im not so happy to extend dramas. uhhmm what happened to the predecessor chil gongju when it extended? people were annoyed it only neared the end did it get better. thanks dramaok!!! hugs hugs!!! oh no, JH knows??? i think JM did that coz she is jealous of the JY and TS relationship. hahhah the battle of the moms cant wait to see that. hhahha funny funny jisuk and byung gu? i dont like BG's mom. TS resist resist! dont go for the blind dates.

Thank you in advance for the translation.

23회 :: 2007년 3월 24일 (토)

은지를 데리고 백화점에 간 지연은 그곳에서 하영과 쇼핑을 온 준호와 마주친다. 하영은 지연이 데리고 있는 아이가 혹시 준호의 아이가 아닌지 의심하지만 준호는 자신과 상관없는 애라며 화를 낸다. 지연은 하영으로부터 듣게 된 준호와 하영의 약혼 소식에 심난해 진다.

하영의 집에서는 준호에게 하영과 살 신혼집이 고급 아파트이기를 원하고 그 말을 들은 최회장 부부는 불쾌해 진다.

지연의 옆에 있던 아이가 내심 마음에 걸렸던 하영은 전화를 걸어 지연을 찾아간다. 그리고 준호의 아이가 아니라는 지연의 말을 듣고 안심하고는 지연이 준호와 별거 중일 때 다른 남자의 아이를 가졌다고 생각하고는 지연을 비난한다.

태섭의 엄마는 태섭에게 맞선을 주선하지만, 이미 지연을 마음에 두고 있는 태섭은 정중하게 맞선녀를 거절한다.

종미는 일방적으로 하영에게 당한 지연의 일이 분해서 준호를 찾아가고 더 이상 지연을 괴롭히지 말 것을 당부한다. 종미의 말을 듣고 퇴근 후 집으로 돌아온 준호는 자신을 기다리고 있던 하영에게 지연을 왜 찾아 갔는지 따지게 되고 두 사람은 말다툼을 하게 된다. 그리고 우연히 방문 앞을 지나던 변여사가 지연이 아이가 있다는 말을 듣게 되고...

Guest dramaok

23회 :: 2007년 3월 24일 (sat)

ji-yeon brings eun-ji along to the department store, and there they run into ha-yeong and jun-ho who are shopping.

ha-yeong wonders if the child with ji-yeon is perhaps jun-ho's, but jun-ho says it doesn't concern him at all and becomes angry.

ji-yeon finds out from ha-yeong that ha-yeong and jun-ho are engaged to marry, and the news is extremely difficult for ji-yeon to bear.

ha-yeong's family wants jun-ho's family to buy a high-end apt for ha-yeong and jun-ho to live in after they are married, and at this junho's parents are upset.

ha-yeong who continues to be bothered by the image of ji-yeon and her child goes to look for ji-yeon, and when she hears that the child is not jun-ho's, ha-yeong condemns ji-yeon for seeing another man while separating from jun-ho.

tae-seop's mom asks tae-seop to see a match date, but tae-seop who already has ji-yeon in his heart politely declines the match date.

jong-mi is furious that ji-yeon had to suffer from ha-yeong alone, and jong-mi goes to look for jun-ho and asks him not to make ji-yeon's life more difficult anymore.

after talking to jong-mi, jun-ho is on his way home and when he sees ha-yeong who is waiting, he arguingly asks her why she had to bother ji-yeon and thus the two begin to quarrel.

mz. byeon (JH's mom) who incidently passes by the room door overhears about ji-yeon having a child.

Guest dramaok

Thank you DramaOK. This one of the dramas that I am hooked on regardless of my understanding. I think it is the storyline and the acting that sucks me in. Anyway.... Thanks!

heh ^ you sure you're not smitten by one of the boys or something? :rolleyes:

i think the storyline is kinda cliched and acting is so so for me, but i think tae-seop is really sexy.

---------

ep. 21

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunyn8.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunla3.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunbc9.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsuner4.jpg

--

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunpo5.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunnf8.jpg

JY: he came.. and he saw eun-ji.. i was beyond startled.. but then i lied.. that she is not his child.

TS: why... did you do that?

JY: i didn't want to make him feel complicated. i didn't want him to feel like eunji has grasped his heels. eunji and i can live amply well without him.

TS: does he believe that she is someone else's child?

JY: i lied well.

TS: but why did you cry?

JY: my heart ached a lot. because i know full well how hopeless he must've felt thinking i made a child with another man as soon as he left.

TS: does your (ex)husband still love you..?

JY: i don't know.

TS: if he came to find you then i think perhaps he does..

JY: he won't be coming by again.

---

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunpc1.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunbt7.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunwx4.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunaz7.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunel3.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunui2.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunrw8.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunsp2.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunaa4.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunrx1.jpg

e21kor070317sdtvxvidsunzt8.jpge21kor070317sdtvxvidsunvf0.jpg

JY: you're still not telling me what special day today is....

TS: i think i already told you earlier.. today is the day i invite you.

JY: --

TS: strangely.. i saw you crying many times .. now i wish your tears would stop.. even just for a short while if you could be happy.. though i put this together hastely.. i was successful right..? since you said it was like an evening of dream.

JY: ---

--------------------------

Archived