Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

I actually like it..i think it's a good step that it sounds a bit generic if it would capture american audience-it's not a bad idea..this type of ballad is pretty popular nowadays..

It doesn't really stand out though, so I don't know if she'll do better this time. =/

Definitely will buy her album though.

Love me some Hikki.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest glassmask

I really love her EXODUS'04...even though it didnt do well. But i thought it sounded amazing.

Hikki's music is so catchy and makes u want to dance!

Kremlin Dusk( i think i spelled wrong) and Devil Inside are my favorite from exodus.

its funny that her japanese songs are more popular than her english ones. (sanctuary, simple&clean).

I love all of her songs, every single song from her every album..they are just so amazing!!! it s not just few good singles and some OK songs. All of them are good!

I'm currently obsessed with her Heart Station album again.. Gentle Beast Interlude..

anyways hoho~~~

1st time post here~

glassmask: I liked Exodus'04 but I loved the remixes of the song more.

Oh, and Kremlin Dusk was amazing. I saw it live for the first time and then fell in love with the song :)

--angel

Guest BoAfan17901

Come Back To Me is pure<333 some people have been calling it generic but ya know what as long as shes happy with the song who cares. I fell in love with the new english song soon as i heard it. Cant wait for the new album

I like her new song, but somehow her voice sounds different maybe its a little lower? idk I might just be imagining things.

I wonder if she's gonna do any English versions of her old songs, I hope she does because im in love with Flavor of Life >.>

The only dislike I have about her new song is that it's kinda about cheating, but whatever, It's still a good song.

I like her new song, but somehow her voice sounds different maybe its a little lower? idk I might just be imagining things.

I wonder if she's gonna do any English versions of her old songs, I hope she does because im in love with Flavor of Life >.>

The only dislike I have about her new song is that it's kinda about cheating, but whatever, It's still a good song.

I think the best thing about Utada's lyrics is that they are different. She doesn't do the typical love ballad, and that may make her stand out. At first I thought that it was her cheating, but it's instead her talking about another person who has cheated and her speaking through that person.

I don't think her voice is lower per se, but because singing in english requires a different mouth shape, that may be it?

Though I like the song, it is a bit bland and not catchy enough? I don't know, I feel that if one was to debut into the US market, something a bit more uptempo or deeper lyrics would work better?

I also hope she does some English version of her songs. I would love to have an English Heart Station or Sakura Drops without sacrificing the lyrics too much, like what she did with Simple & Clean and Hikari. I do admit that it is harder to get the same kind of eloquence that Japanese has into English, but I believe it's possible.

I love how the song sounds and it's been on repeat since yesterday but some of the lyrics seem out of place. Hikki's voice starts out good but then towards the middle and end, she obviously struggled with the high parts and I almost couldn't understand what she was saying. This song has a higher chance of success than Easy Breezy but I doubt if it will be a big hit because sometimes radio stations only listen to the first few seconds of a song to decide whether to add it to their playlist or not. That piano bit in the beginning sounds too over the top.

I love how the song sounds and it's been on repeat since yesterday but some parts of the lyrics are plain awkward. Hikki's voice starts out good but then towards the middle and end, some parts are so strained and I almost couldn't understand what she was saying. This song has a higher chance of success than Easy Breezy but I doubt if it will be a big hit and sometimes radio stations listen to only the first few seconds of a song to decide whether to add it to their playlist or not. That piano bit in the beginning sounds too over the top.

I didn't like Easy Breezy at all. I mean I love Hikki and all but I died inside when I heard Easy breezy, because I cannot believe that she rhymed that with Japanesey.

I didn't like Easy Breezy at all. I mean I love Hikki and all but I died inside when I heard Easy breezy, because I cannot believe that she rhymed that with Japanesey.

Yeah the Japanesey thing was ridiculous! It's like what the heck was she thinking!

^ she was going for humor. America isn't very humorous with music. (who is?) XP

^ I saw it on youtube. A member in other forum posted the link and I saw it from there

--angel

ah i thought you meant you saw it live in person XP

I wish utada would sing more in her lower register. I like it a lot more than when she sings higher..

Guest shufflez

english version of PoL!! *crosses fingers* >______<

Guest midnightblues

wow, thanks for the update...i'm so out of the loop! so glad i stopped by soompi today :)

i'm listening to the new song right now and it definitely sounds pretty, but the lyrics don't impress me! (and she buys this and she buys that) :( booo!...the chorus is catchy tho!

oh and yea, i agree it sounds like a lot of the songs on the radio right now with the repetitive words and lines.

but the problem bugging me right now is whether or not I'll list her new album under Utada or 宇多田ヒカル(like i usually do in my itunes!) hahah

Archived