Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest itsfate0604

I'm from the Sacramento area and I was surprised when I heard Utada's Come Back To Me on the radio like 2 days ago. It was on 102.5 (which is a hip hop and R&B station) and it was just surprising to see them promote her (not that she's a bad singer or anything). I was just surprised they were promoting an Asian artist :D. And on their site, she's on the Top 10 songs. So it's great to know that she's doing well! I'm also surprised that she's promoting in the Sacramento area since this city isn't exactly "popular"/big like LA where she could be more well known. I hope she does well in the US!

SERIOUSLY? UTADA ON RYAN SEACREST'S RADIO SHOW?

that's frggin awesome! I'll wait for it on mondaay!

wow. i am now officially amazed by the promotions for Utada. She's winning the audience through radio broadcasts first! ..which is good! :) I don't really mind having the universal album release to be moved. That way, she'd get more radio (and TV, perhaps) exposure she needs before her actual album comes out. :) Utada's taking things slowly but SURELY! Because this album is THE ONE! :)

Guest tomster

They better promote her well! I didn't expect much from her US debut but hell I was

pleasantly surprised! Kind of reminds me of Mariah Carey, except with a dose of Utada.

Guest dcrux

Wow Utada's really working hard and all over the place, doing the radio promo tour and it's paying off because her song is getting airplay. It looks like she's really serious this time.

Guest MUGETSU

Just got her album today...

Like a lot of the beats and music, but some of the lyrics are just ok, but i still <3 Hikki!

I'm going to Sephora in NYC even though I'm a dude. I sent an email and found out that the RSVP thing is only a way for them to see how many people would be there and for the make up chair appointments, the store is still going to be open. So just come through!

Guest aishiteruhoney

'This is the One' is definitely an UPGRADE from 'Exodus'

I haven't heard "Come back to me" on the radio yet though -_-

Guest tom0e

hello! sorry if this was already posted but...

utada's going to be at sephora in hollywood (6801 hollywood blvd) on tuesday march 24th from 6-8pm with kiisfm's sisanie

:)

Guest Ryushasha

Utada - Album Release Party

Mar 23, 2009

Monday, 6 pm - 9 pm

Angels & Kings

500 East 11th Street, at Avenue A

New York, NY 10003

Subways: L to First Avenue, 6 to Astor Place

Presented by Angels & Kings with proceeds benefiting Asian American Arts Alliance, Japanese American pop/R&B singer Utada, a multiplatinum seller in Japan, will be on-hand for the release of her new English-language album. Available digitally Tuesday, March 24, the album, which includes her new hit, “Come Back to Me,” features the work of producers Stargate (Ne-Yo, Rihanna) and Tricky (Britney Spears).

Utada fans, here is your chance to get free promos items and win an advance copy of the album!

Open bar sponsored by Ciroc from 6 pm - 7 pm.

Tickets:

$10 Donation at the Door, benefiting the Asian American Arts Alliance. To find out more about the Alliance, visit our website at www.aaartsalliance.org.

Angels & Kings

www.angelsandkings.com

Source: http://www.aaartsalliance.org/events/utada...-release-party/ + http://blog.ningin.com/2009/03/20/utadas-n...ty-on-march-23/

Utada will be there (as mentioned by the ningin website)but I'm not sure if she's going to perform or not..

Hopefully, she will perform a song or two. I supposed this is a 21+ event as well..

Guest PatrickWolf

A Barks Japan Article posted online March 5, 2009 revealed that Island Def Jam was planning to release it as the "Free Music Video of the Week" at the U.S. Itunes store the week of This Is The One's digital release the week of March 24

Gasp!

I can't wait!

Can you guys?

Archived