Utada Hikaru

Guest xyunaxfantasiesx

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bethany

Well, the songs are definitely not overly enhanced and there's still quality with her singing.

I really dislike the sex stuffs in songs in general. I'm disappointed that her album would have those sex lyrics, the only point why

I dislike American music so much. I'll just wait for the other previews, then I'll decide whether the album is worthy of my hard-earned money.

Guest geishaOo

i remember when 'first love' was such a craze in the usa

my non-japanese friends kept recommending the song to me

and i'm wondering why because my fav songs come from mtv and vh1

when i heard it i wasn't so crazy about it either

i think has a good voice

just that her songs are too poppish

her voice is too mature and her songs are too kiddie-like

she should sing with more instrumentals and not like fantasy techno beats

Guest void03

Sorry,Been lurking around her thread and about her 2nd US album, so thought i should let you's know she posted the full song of Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence - FYI on her facebook!

it sounds alright, even with the other previews, this album seems different from her 1st. Not even sure why she probably has some sexual references in the songs haha xD

Guest NotFromThisPlanet

She's divorced now right? I like her new american single than her easy breeze ones.

yea she has been divorced for a few years now. since before exodux came out i believe.

Guest sheart

ok my internet could die any second....

just wanted to say that i don't see her songs as over-sexy or too sex themed. her references are pretty tame compared to a lot of singers. and any sexual references in her songs (at least to me) aren't that shocking or super-dirty..

this is gonna be an interesting album. i like FYI.. we'll see about everything else.

edit: I'm not into apple and cinnamon, but taking my money back seems okay. it sort of reminds me of old school destiny's child.

Guest outside_castle

I like FYI, but the lyrics is....

Normally, Utada and great lyrics would go together, dun't know what the hell happened here, lol~! but I really like the music :D

Guest midnightblues

FYI is dangerously catchy! i mean, it's still a bit uncomfortable listening to her sing about all sex all the time, but i can't seem to stop listening the song!

this album is definitely not what i was expecting so far...hikki is full of surprises!

oh and i agree about her not being overly sexy or vulgar after thinking about it. i think it's just the fact that it's HER that's mind boggling everyone (even though she already did that on Exodus). it's quite different from her old stuff, but i welcome the change and her versatility.

btw, does anyone know if the sephora promo thing on march 24th is true?! i don't want to get my hopes up just because of some idiot.

Guest Ryushasha

I like those songs in her english album so far, especially "merry christmas Mr Lawrence-FYI"

and "come back to me". I've been listening to the latter for days XD..ya getting supper hyped up for

the official release of her album, can't wait to buy it!!

oh btw, someone re-uploaded the MV of "come back to me" on youtube. Hopefully, youtube won't remove it again..

Guest glassmask

I have Merry Xmas Mr Lawerence FYI rip...but I dont know if its allowed in soompi??

**download link removed**

...from mediafire

Guest uchiha kei

hi im newbie here.. ^^

my 1st post, im so glad in soompi hv hikki thread too..

to me..hikki is my fav female singer artist since i noe her songs~

1st love song make me wanna falling love with all her songs~ will support her till im died!!

kyaaaaaaaaaaa.. seem like falling love with her too rite? hehe..XDD

hmm..lately im so like prisoner of love song! tht song make me crazy yo! hmm.in mv seem like her little bit chuby, but its oke la.. bcz in my eyes hikki always look kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii yo!! hehe..

1 more thing i like tht song OST for last friends doroma! so great ne.. ^^

hmm..bout come back to me song~ so nice song!

eh.. when i watched it tht mv.. i got "shock" ~ wow! hikki look so hotttt + slim body!! yay~

wanted to buy her come back to me single!! ^_^

btw.. i hope anyone can sharing latest news everyhting bout hikki ya!

i will check it out!! yoroshiku ne..jyaaaaaaa..

Guest reflip02

GUESS WHAT!!!

TODAY I HEARD UTARA's SONG ON THE RADIO!!!!!

FIRST ASIAN TO HAVE A SONG ON THE RADIO!!! WOO HOOOO!!

Archived