Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

KURIYAMA CHIAKI,OSUGI REN,MACHIMOTO ERI,SATO MEGUMI,SATO MIKU,TSUGUMI,
Exte (2007)

Directed by

Sion Sono

Writing credits

Sion Sono

Also Known As:

Exte: Hair Extensions (International: English title)

Runtime: 108 min

Language: Japanese

Genre: Horror

Tagline: What lovely hair you have...

What if extensions carried the grudge of the individual to which the hair originally belonged and started attacking people wearing it at random? Customs agents discover a huge amount of human hair used as materials for 'hair extensions' along with the dead body of a young girl with a shaved head. With the corpse being soon transported by the police, the results of the autopsy determine that the woman's internal organs have been harvested. The possibility is pointed out that she was kidnapped in some foreign country and was a victim of black market human organ racketeering ring. A sinister, fearless smirk comes over Yamazaki (Ren Osugi), the morgue night watchman. Yuko (Chiaki Kuriyama) is a young wannabe hair stylist apprenticing at the Gilles de Rais hair salon. After working late each day, after returning home, she tirelessly practices her skills on head mannequins with wigs. One day, her sister, Kiyomi, forcibly entrusts her eight-year-old daughter, Mami, to Yuko. For some reason, Mami is abnormally timid and frightened and has several wounds on her body from abuse. Meanwhile, Yamazaki cuddles up with the corpse of the girl he stole from the morgue which now occupies his room. Hair has become to grow from her head once again, not only from her head but from where her organs were removed: the scars of her stomach and even her empty eye socket. Later, Yamazaki shows up at Yuko's salon with Mami who got lost looking for Yuko. Yamazaki takes one look at Yuko and is captivated by her lovely flowing hair...

Production Notes/Status:

Status Updated: 30 November 2006

Cast:

Chiaki Kuriyama .... Yuuko

Ren Osugi .... Yamazaki

Eri Machimoto

Megumi Sato

Miku Sato .... Mami

Tsugumi

Mirai Yamamoto

• 1 month later...
Guest Truelover

Hello,

This movie is on my wanted list since I heard about a new participation of the divine Chiaki Kuriyama. It will take some time before seing the DVD coming out over here. No matter, I plenty of time.

:)

Kate

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I have mixed feelings about that synopsis. On one hand it sounds freaky, but on the other that first sentence makes it sound really cheesy. ^^;;;

But maybe that's just me being pessimistic or something. Chiaki being in this is enough to make me watch it. And I love horror films... I'll keep this movie in mind!

I'm expecting a lot from this movie.

I love Sono Sion, and the pitch is awesome (looks like a mix between Junji Ito and Shintaro Kago's stuff !).

I you can see the other movie by Sono Sion, watch it, its great, especially Noriko's Dinner Table.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aoijen

Aiyo... I never like horror but I know this girl chiaki kuriyama she has ever play on kagen no tsuki (last quater) with hyde :D

• 1 month later...
Guest Truelover

Hello Epikt,

I you can see the other movie by Sono Sion, watch it, its great, especially Noriko's Dinner Table.

Let's say that you have always pertinent comments, at least in topics I visit here on Soompi. Sion Sono is one of the most brilliant japanses director, and this is the second point why I've been takling by Exte.

I'm actually finding Noriko's dinner table and I'm intrigued to see this one, especially when I've realized that the lovely Tsugumi (Moonlight whisper) was acting in a main role.

I will realy see this movie Exte soon, Chiaki is returning from where she was wonderful, in any horror ambiance, a natural transposition from her high psychotic killer roles of the past. The movie could not be bad because of the intersection of too many talents.

Kate

Guest Epikt

< private French chat with Kate :ph34r: >

Réjouissons-nous, Noriko's Dinner table sort en France en juin, chez Kubik Video. Editeur qui nous gate, puisqu'il sort aussi le très chouette (et très hot) Flower and snake de Takashi Ishii.

Je me permets aussi de te filler ce lien vers mon blog (oui, je sais, pub honteuse), un chouette article sur Sono Sion à la suite de son passage à Paris pour l'Etrange Festival.

</ private French chat with Kate :ph34r: >

Quick translation :sweatingbullets: : great news for us French, Noriko's Dinner table will release in DVD in june (japanese with French subs only). And I gave her a link to one article I wrote about Sono Sion (in French)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest amydien

Oooh another Chiaki Kuriyama movie! I want to see this one!

Aheh...Sato Megumi is here too...interesting =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Epikt

Review of Exte: hair extensions on Twitch

Extract :

Funny, witty, at times touching and visually impressive, Exte: Hair Extensions is certainly the most accessible entry in Sion Sono's demented universe, yet it keeps his personal vision intact. This is a must see for aficionados of the director and for Japanese cinema movie buffs.

• 7 months later...
Guest Truelover

Hello,

I've just finished a sweet english package of this movie. Size is 600 Mb and can stay on a simple CD

Avi container, XVID/AC3

Exte2007R.jpg

Kate

• 1 month later...
Guest Truelover

Hello,

Exte2007R.jpg

- Ekusute (2007) aka Hair extension

ukR.gif (Part 1) + ukR.gif (Part 2)

Nota : HJsplit required to join both segments.

Kate

Guest Justalilodreamer

What if extensions carried the grudge of the individual to which the hair originally belonged and started attacking people wearing it at random?

LOL :lol:

i have wig phobia (seriously) >< haha

Archived