Modern Street Culture Thread

Guest MUGETSU

enough with nikes lol

but anyway, nike dunks don't seem too common in hk anymore.

everyone i see are wearing either converse or adidas. white converses are very common.

I think the purpose of wearing shoes is not to follow what everyone else is wearing but to wear what you like. :huh:

neways, 40 dollars for those pairs of adidas. I want them bad..too bad i live in canada. =/. Shoes in Canada costs so much.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jay Chou

I think the purpose of wearing shoes is not to follow what everyone else is wearing but to wear what you like. :huh:

neways, 40 dollars for those pairs of adidas. I want them bad..too bad i live in canada. =/. Shoes in Canada costs so much.

well i'm not saying that you shouldn't wear nikes.

but it seems like theres not much variety.....how often do you see ppl talking about adidas/converse/etc?

Guest Tonyc402

but it seems like theres not much variety.....how often do you see ppl talking about adidas/converse/etc?

quite often , from where I live that is. But it doesnt matter, I dont care whats in or not. I just wear w/e sneakers I'm in the mood for.

Guest twinsxboyz

ive looked at this thread many times for latest shoes, clothes etc. i get the vibe from you that you only wear or care what everyone else is wearing. (esp on brands)

maybe create your own sense of style rather than just wearing brands

sorry ^^;; im not bashing just suggesting :sweatingbullets:

anyways i have a question, im going to hk at the end of the year !! wheres the best place to shop for clothes and shoes!! i havent been there for 11 years :wacko:

Guest Jay Chou

you only wear or care what everyone else is wearing. (esp on brands)

maybe create your own sense of style rather than just wearing brands

sorry ^^;; im not bashing just suggesting :sweatingbullets:

anyways i have a question, im going to hk at the end of the year !! wheres the best place to shop for clothes and shoes!! i havent been there for 11 years :wacko:

then why do you think so many ppl wear nike dunks?

it's also because other ppl are wearing the same thing. it's like a trend, just like ipods.

everyone wears nike/adidas/converse/etc, so i'm not sure what you're getting at. you can pretty much say everyone is copying everyone.

but anyways, mongkok is probably the only place you need to go for shopping in hk.

there are basically 3 main streets for shopping: sai yueng choi street, womens street, fa yuen street.

i'm assuming that you're a guy, so i would recommend "Chic之堡" for cheap trendy nonbrand tees/polos/jeans/jackets.

for shoes, fa yuen street is all you need to go. but remember to compare the prices of different shops, because sometimes the prices of the same shoe differ quite a lot.

womens street sell cheap accessories/messenger bags/watches/etc

causeway bay and TST are also places worth going to, but definitely not as good as mongkok shopping.

Guest twinsxboyz

then why do you think so many ppl wear nike dunks?

it's also because other ppl are wearing the same thing. it's like a trend, just like ipods.

everyone wears nike/adidas/converse/etc, so i'm not sure what you're getting at. you can pretty much say everyone is copying everyone.

but anyways, mongkok is probably the only place you need to go for shopping in hk.

there are basically 3 main streets for shopping: sai yueng choi street, womens street, fa yuen street.

i'm assuming that you're a guy, so i would recommend "Chic之堡" for cheap trendy nonbrand tees/polos/jeans/jackets.

for shoes, fa yuen street is all you need to go. but remember to compare the prices of different shops, because sometimes the prices of the same shoe differ quite a lot.

womens street sell cheap accessories/messenger bags/watches/etc

causeway bay and TST are also places worth going to, but definitely not as good as mongkok shopping.

thanks for the shopping reference and no im not a guy :lol:

------------------

you dont buy nikes just because everyone else is wearing them!! you have to like it ! the style, colour, etc so its not necessarily copying people. Everyone has their own sense of style .... and nikes arent all the same

Guest missxmoody

mongkok = the cheap stuff and becareful with fa yuen street, some of the stores sell fake shoes!

check out apm in kwun tong, also walk around causeway bay .. there's a fashion mall in cb but i don't remember it's name, it's near sogo and it's just a lot of trendy hk clothes.

Guest heyitzthatfc

for the OP, I wear LRG, BAPE, custom made LV clothes, DOPEUSA gear, fatlace, enyce, vans, girbaud and just some random shirts that look good, for shoes, i wear jordans, dunks, vans, my air max 95's (:)), bapes, and air forces and of course, the shoes of legends, my adidas superstars lol.. and yo DJ ACE, where do you copp those Evisu jeans and those Uniqlo?

Guest Jay Chou

woohoo i got those adidas shoes i posted earlier =)

i don't know why, but i don't see any stores selling adidas 35th or adicolor shoes.

mongkok is suppose to be the most "updated" place for fashion.

i guess it's a good thing coz now i don't have to think about getting other adidas shoes. =)

Guest Tonyc402

woohoo i got those adidas shoes i posted earlier =)

i don't know why, but i don't see any stores selling adidas 35th or adicolor shoes.

mongkok is suppose to be the most "updated" place for fashion.

i guess it's a good thing coz now i don't have to think about getting other adidas shoes. =)

Well I wouldn't expect retailers to sell adidas 35th since its been awhile since they were out.

Guest TrainDriver

i want a new pair of "street" sneakers. i'm going to HK end of the year, currently i got some nike AF-1 and adidas superstars. considering getting bapestas but the the price.... my arms are this long _____ bapestas are this long _____________________

hey normally on a pair of chucks what side is the chucks logo on? cuz I just bought a pair of chucks but their on the inside of the shoe, not on the outside, like the left shoe has the logo on the outside right side, and the right shoe has the logo on the outside left side ==. lol I think I may have confused people=[

Guest tokyohoney

i have no idea what you call these nikes but they are kind of like uptowns without the velcro thing.

the ones my friend has are very colorful and fruity XD

i dont know else to decribe them

does anyone know what they are called?

or where i can get in NY?

Guest cherryonken

any nice trainers i can get in tokyo? any worth getting? im not willing to buy anything overpriced. just a pair of cool trainers. nike dunks cheap in tokyo? i dont give a shmoo bout how unoriginal it is, i just want a pair and its hard to obtain in uk.

Guest OMGKITTENSMEWMEWMEW

i have no idea what you call these nikes but they are kind of like uptowns without the velcro thing.

the ones my friend has are very colorful and fruity XD

i dont know else to decribe them

does anyone know what they are called?

or where i can get in NY?

Vandals?

nikevandal.jpg

Archived