Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

petito said: Hello, @akinahana89, I didn't realize you are here too as I was too immersed in Lee Chae Mi thread. Yes people there is a Chae-Mi thread now, opened by dear akinahana89 and I'm occupying there too. If you already miss her or want to contribute there, you are always welcomed :D
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/26502442#Comment_26502442
Annyeong @petito! I think that was actually my first post here in this thread! I lurked for a little bit just yesterday, but your question caught my attention and I wanted to make my presence here known somehow. :)

And yes, yes... Please join us in precious Lee Chae Mi's thread! She needs some loving too! :D

petito said: akinahana89 said: Two Weeks.
Because it's the one that made me a Jun Ki fan. :D
I didn't even realize he was in Arang, which I hated, until almost half way through Two Weeks. LOL.
And, well, to be honest, I haven't seen any of his other dramas yet.
Time Between Dog and Wolf is highly recommended, as you see I'm not the only one loving it. It is an action packed well-directed drama. I just realized his character is the opposite of Tae-San - the good boy turns to a bad boy, as opposed to Jang Tae-San :D Iljimae was still also good, with its all drags. It was his second drama I watched and I remember I didn't get bored at all. It is not as heavy as TBDW and TW. His stunt scenes are :)>- Thank you for the recommendation! My sister has watched TBDW before and she told me it was very good, but at the time she told me about it, I didn't know who Lee Jun Ki was. I will definitely take the time to watch it in the near future. :D

I was looking him up on YT last night and I accidentally stumbled upon one of his MVs. I didn't know he is also a singer! I watched J Style and was blown away. Hehehe. He's very handsome! :x

• LOL 1

Guest petito

@akinahana89, couldn't agree more :D
He is not only handsome but an awesome fighter as well, (I should say this: He has a 3rd degree black belt in taekwondo and 1st degree in taekkyon (some martial art) and  hapkido ) :D 
Sorry guys, I would make these sooner but the gif programs I use suck and I'm terrible at this so the quality is not really good. Also with an eye-disturbing DEMO text. But focus on Lee Jun Ki you don't see it after a while ;)) More and hopefully better ones will come :)
timeofdogandwolfe05.gif

Time.gif

♥#1 >> "Iljimae" As all chingus here may have read in my previous comments, I started know him and became his loyal fan through this drama :-h Don't know why it always remains as my favorite No.1^^ I watched it when aired in my country and excitedly waited every week as most friends here did to 2W. Me too excitedly waited 2W until ep.6, and wanted to watch till the end but had to marathon it bcos of the exam. It was the same to last yr AATM... oppa chooses dramas airing near my exam dates :-wThough the plot is a little childish I think but it's an awesome type, I was more into it for the excellent action scenes. It was the first time seeing the best martial art scenes of the lead actor in a k-drama which also doesn't use stuntmen & camera slow-mo. Also love his Iljimae costume design!! The scenes and flashbacks of how yongie uses his brain to steal things are directed with very nice background musics in a breathtaking way :x Didn't feel as it drags, every episode is dynamic for me :D 
 ♥#2 >> "2 Weeks" This drama has everything! Also seems we have praised a lot recently about the acting, writing, OSTs, directing of the whole cast & team, kkk^^ Just hate the ratings..... The character of JTS is very hard to portray as Gong-gil of King & the Clown. The acting skills of uri Joongi is so Perfecttt in this!! The plot too is exciting yet heartwarming :x If compare 2W to Iljimae in terms of acting, yes... he did well in acting as Yongie & Iljimae but we get the answer of how he has tried to improve and has improved a lot to the Perfection after his military. I want to place 2W in No.1 too as most friends here but don't know why :-/ This is the poll so I should describe them with numbers but in my mind, Iljimae & 2W are on the same spot with different unique ways, can't decide which one is better for me :-O 
 ♥#3 >> "Time between Dog & Wolf"  Joongi has the amazing ability to attract the audience more with his acting and martial art skills, he doesn't need big budget investment or expensive clothes/cars like many other k-actors, to do an action-packed project. This drama did very well with his acting/fighting & the acting of other cast, and of course, the directing. The stylish Kay is unbeatable!!*^o^* It became no.3 to me cos I felt it a little outdated when compare with 2W now while I still didn't feel the same to Iljimae, maybe bcos it's a fusion historical?? ;;) But obviously, TBDW is my highly recommended drama to new JG fans beside 2W ;) 
 ♥#4 >> "Arang & the Magistrate"  Our satto is so handsome, right? His voice is wonderful too, can change it in various tones he wants for his different characters. Love how he used his voice with a high-tone 8-> This drama opened with a very bright start but it didn't appeal much to me in late eps though it was finished with a cute ending which I love. And he had to show his acting mostly with his eyes which was strangely awesome but I guess some viewers might not see his talents there. Since it's a fantasy sageuk and directed prettily, AATM is definitely a beautiful drama :) 
 ♥#5 >> "Hero"  Here, Joongi is the one & only lovely character. I dislike the acting of other cast, more to villains. The writing and directing of this drama is just so normal. The reason which took me to its end is the acting of Joongi \m/ 
 ♥#6 >> "My Girl"  The most popular second lead character :-* His second lead syndrome was amazing... so so big!! It's a good rom-com but I fast forward and watch only JG scenes after a first time watch :)
Haha, thanks @petito for this topic^^ It's fun! I didn't know soompi threads till before the news of 2W. Glad to be friends with JG fans and his dramas' fans. Actor Lee Joon Gi is surely the most impressive versatile korean actor for me to follow only him :-bd

For me the best drama is Iljimae. I was just 1 monts old fan of korean dramas. I loved his acting there, I cried because of Yongi when his sister dies. But... I was new fan, I just became fan of Lee Min Ho and I really didn't want to admit how great actor is Ler Joon Gi. How stupid! Needed 1 week to admit his acting skills.

This is really hard poll for me.

1. Iljimae / Two Weeks

Hero-centered drmas, perfect action, great story. Joon Gi's acting is 110% amazing. I love his here transformation. He is not worry to move aside his handsome looks... we have many good examples in these two dramas. The only difference here is hing and low rating keke

2. TBDW

The Kay gaze, when he not remember anything, is really something. Lee Soo Hyun and Key - two very different people played by one actor. This is really highly recommended drama of his.

3. Hero / A&M

I love these two dramas. His character and acting. They are not the diamonds in his work, but are also good.

4. My Girl

I still wonder, why and how I hated Kim Hyun Joong charecter in BOF and so in love with Joon Gi charecter in his drama?

For me the best drama is Iljimae. I was just 1 monts old fan of korean dramas. I loved his acting there' date=' I cried because of Yongi when his sister dies.[/quote']

You gave me the right key^^ That scene was the first time I impressed Joongi so much. There are many emotional scenes which moved me, and the 2 characters portrayal of the mischievous yongie & the super charismatic Iljimae just wowed me a lot =D>

Guest petito

Good to see many comments here!! I love reading your thoughts. It is so natural to have different opinions because we all watch dramas in different moods, different orders and under different circumstances. It shows that each of his dramas is special for someone for a specific purpose or even for a particular scene. Please don't misunderstand me I loved Iljimae when I watched it and I marathoned it, but you know, you tend to love something less and something more. Like most people I watched Iljimae after A&M  so I was inevitably comparing his two performances. And like everyone I looooveeed the fighting scenes, which I said I saw several times :D Maybe it was the ending, or the romance that doesn't make it my favorite. 
When I watched TBDW after Iljimae, I was amazed by his performance there! his multiple personality and the way he portrayed it made me a hardcore fan. Also the directing - I'm totally directing-illiterate but - was so right and well-done. I liked the moments the camera got closer or farther, and the filler scenes,  the color, awesome Thailand panorama were very very good. That's why I loved it though it is not a perfect, flawless drama. Also, as I said it in one of my posts, I love it more when the pain or joy is portrayed silently. "Window talk" between Tae-San and Soo-jin and their waving scene are still my favorites, and they are more effective than any crying scene for me. 
haha, I totally forgot My Girl! It is a good drama but his character is not so memorable and it is painful for his fans to watch him there so I'm skipping it :D 

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around this thread for quite sometime and I cant help but share my answer on Petito's survey :). My favorite junki drama are as follows;

1. Time Between Dog and Wolf -  my number 1 junki drama. love his portrayal of 2 characters plus impressive action scenes 

2. Two Weeks - love his scenes with soojin

3. Iljimae - I love period movie and his actions scenes are all well done :)

4. Hero - very nice drama and good acting too

5. Arang - I love this too but not quite happy with how the romantic scenes were executed. ( I don't know why :-(

I also watch My Girl but didn't like his role, sorry ;)

Guest petito

hey, @pen, welcome to the thread! I should have made a poll sooner :)) Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, hope you continue to join us in the future too :)>-

No problem with your favourites dear @petito, it's just fun to read many opinions among our fan friends. No wonder, 2 Weeks is on the top spot by most of us. This drama really make us proud to be Lee Joongi's fans. You made a very good poll, friend :) Joongi made me think hard for the no.1 spot with his two projects, lol^^ Maybe I placed Iljimae as 1st bcos everyone lurking here is due to the great effects of 2 Weeks. So, I thought I don't need to recommend it mostly :P