❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

Guest apples23

Right now, I am just going to not get my hopes up for PSH winning an award at SBS because we have to understand that while we're all crazy for this drama, in Korea, it did not get as many viewers as other dramas. I keep telling myself that it doesn't matter because she'll always be no.1 in our hearts but I'm still bracing myself for the disappointment. (Of course, setting expectations low will generate euphoria if she does win :P )

In the end, we have to be proud of the fact that PSH is only 19 and has accomplished more at this age than many award-winning actresses did when they were 19.

Also, what are you guys watching now that You're Beautiful is over? I'm going to wait to start Chuno on Jan.06 2010. I want to watch Will it Snow on Christmas but I'm too chicken to watch a melodrama where the ending is uncertain. My frail heart cannot take it.

oh i know how you feel ;) ...i have nothing to watch now that you're beautiful is over...i dunno how many times i re-watched all the episodes...and regarding shin hye...she is amazing and then when you consider her age it's even more amazing...yeah...someone said they thought geun suk would get at least one reward since he was mc...but what about shin hye...i saw some of the making film and she worked her butt off for this drama(especially the falling down all over the place)...lets keep the faith...it aint over til the fat lady sings :lol:

Just finished "You are Beautiful". She has definitely grown up from when I last saw her in "Stairway to Heaven"! In a lot of scenes, I am reminded of Yoon Eun Hye (perhaps the similar coffee prince haircut), but YEH has a charisma that PSH seems to lack. Perhaps it is because she is still young and learning. I'm looking forward to more acting from her~

Guest mndymah

So, Moon Geun Yeung is hosting the SBS awards with JGS then?

But at least Park Shin Hye will still be there.

Although it is possible she may not win anything, I still think it is OK because like what some of you said, she is only 19 and she still has many chances and certainly a bright future ahead of her. The fact that she is more recognized is already a good thing. Not many people her age have led in so many dramas already. This forum is testimony to her recognition. It has been opened for 4 years but it's only been 3 months since it has been super active!

i just wanna ask if anyone knows what agency does Shin Hye belong to? :D I just searched everywhere but no where is to be found :P

She belongs to Ava Entertainment.

Guest miniejungle

oh and i happened to stumble on to this while i was browsing in there...i saw clips of this but never the whole thing...omg you have to watch it she is soooo cute...its shin hye's episode of "It city: new caledonia" it was filmed the summer before she started you're beautiful...oh fyi the commercial lags but i didnt have problems viewing the actual show ---------------> http://www.olivetv.co.kr/olivevod/search_v...&timecode=0

thanks apples23 for the clip! i've been planning to go to New Caledonia for a while now and this is good research materials for me! not mentioning my fav gal in it! she;s super adorable, wub wub!!! :lol: she's so cute and friendly and really pretty!

her fans sent her off to Nepal, that was sweet... i'm sure she's touched and grateful... this gal's nature really pleases me, i'm really sold, hahah! Shin Hye, unnie is on your side, heheh...

Awwww, arent they the cutest or what? Playing with each others sideburns :) They seem like extreemly close buds. Thank's jyinn, do please entertain us if you have more of BTS pics.. :)

thank you guys for the captures and videos at recent Melon Music Awards. PSH is not bad as MC. Need i say more for JGS? The guy is very adept in hosting. Btw, i like PSH's first outfit that night. She's posh, sleek and gorgeous. She can forego the other one

I saw newbies, Welcome guys to PSH thread!!

Just finished "You are Beautiful". She has definitely grown up from when I last saw her in "Stairway to Heaven"! In a lot of scenes, I am reminded of Yoon Eun Hye (perhaps the similar coffee prince haircut), but YEH has a charisma that PSH seems to lack. Perhaps it is because she is still young and learning. I'm looking forward to more acting from her~

bebeETOILE, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I bet you enjoyed YB just like the rest of us ;)

I, too, couldn't help compare these two. From their hairstyle, their gender-bender role, they even wore the same dress.

YEH maybe charismatic than PSH, that is true, considering the number and love of her fans.

But i love PSH as GoMinam/GoMInyeo. Her character is not perfect nor her acting is award winning. For me, PSH played the role with just the right amount. Honestly, JGS as Hwang Taekyung shined the best in YB. The script is written basically for him.

I am very glad to see PSH in a lighter & younger drama like YB. She showed a different side of her. YB made me love her more.

yeah i understand where you're coming from, but probably the reason why Shinhye isn't chosen again is because she's already had co-hosted with Geun Suk not long ago (Melon)?

That's how it usually works, IMO... They want to give a fresh feeling... Although of course, that's not what all fans are hoping for.

Isn't it?

HC.: You have a point there. It would be nice to see JGS and MGY to act together. What i look forward is that ANJell & YB cast will be together once again for that special night.

We fan's cannot win them all.

:Djyinn, del 32 yes they are the cutest<3333

i hope these two will stay close as they are.

ANJell is very busy these days. There's a schedule posted at YB thread. I hope they become successful in their respective endeavors.

morning~have been busy,happy to see shin hye thread moving fast ^^

just saw this photo this morning...so cute of them!!hehe

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/j...00b5ab5f51b.jpg

Thank you for sharing the pics, they were just so comfortable and .... so cute together . Gotta love them <3

Just finished "You are Beautiful". She has definitely grown up from when I last saw her in "Stairway to Heaven"! In a lot of scenes, I am reminded of Yoon Eun Hye (perhaps the similar coffee prince haircut), but YEH has a charisma that PSH seems to lack. ~

bebeETOILE, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I bet you enjoyed YB just like the rest of us ;)

I, too, couldn't help compare these two. From their hairstyle, their gender-bender role, they even wore the same dress.

YEH maybe charismatic than PSH, that is true, considering the number and love of her fans.

Excuse me for interrupting, but I don't get why people keep comparing YEH and PSH. They are totally different and have completely different career paths as well.

First of all, the age is a major difference, 19 and 26. Come on!!! How can you expect a 19-year-old has as much charisma , success, and numbers of fan as a 26 years-old. And Charisma came with maturity and confidence which is also build with age. Give me as an example, at 19, I didn't know what I want and I was afraid of proving myself as I thought I wasn't pretty enough compared to others. But when I was 22, it was the other way around. I was so confident and determined that I was amazed of the change... What I want say is you can't expect PSH to have the same charisma as YEH when they are in different stage of their life. If you compared both YEH and PSH at 19 then wouldn't it make more sense?

Okie, they may have the same dress-crossing roles and played in "Goong series" but the characters are totally opposited(naive nun and tomboy girl), right? And we all knew that YEH came into the industry at the very young age as a member of an idol girl-band, she know how to act and interact with different activities, in front of the camera for more than 13 years now (or 12?). PSH aslo start young (6 years now) but has been on and off due to her study and she is not used to the spot-light yet ( as you can see she seems very shy and nervous at the concert and the Melon Award while YEH was so brave and always-in-control even before she became well-known [e.g watch X-man series]).

Don't get me wrong, I knew YEH before knowing PSH and I admired her very much for the fact that she 's so successful at the same age as mine. As much as I like YEH, but I never loved any girl like PSH. Yet she 's young but so talented (acted, at 13, leaded at 16, be able to dance and sing well on her own- as she is not in any girl-band at all ), modest, and adorable (not to mention that way underated). So please don't compare the two and talk down on PSH , in this thread especially. It's just NOT NICE. If you want to adore and compliment YEH, please go to her thread, I am sure people 'd love to hear it there. Thank you!!!!!

I hope that she will gain more popularity, love, recognition as well as confidence after YAB*** cross my fingers**** . She deserves more ....

Sorry, I am done with my fan-girl mode now :)

Excuse me for interrupting, but I don't get why people keep comparing YEH and PSH. They are totally different and have completely different career paths as well.

First of all, the age is a major differnce, 19 and 26. Come on!!! How can you expect a 19-year-old has as much charisma , success, and numbers of fan as a 26 years-old. And Charisma came with maturity and confidence which is also build with age.

Okie, they may have the same dress-crossing roles and played in "Goong series" but the characters are totally opposited(naive nun and tomboy girl), right?

Don't get me wrong, I knew YEH before know PSH and I admired her very much for the fact that she 's so successful at the age of mine. As much as I like YEH, but I never loved any girl like PSH.

So please don't comepare the two and talk down on PSH , in this thread especially. It's just NOT NICE. If you want to adore and compliment YEH, please go to her thread, I am sure people 'd love to hear it there. Thank you!!!!!

thao: you got us wrong. We might have said something good about YEH but we do not put PSH down. :) there's no need to over react. In my case, I appreciate those people who likes PSH and takes time to leave messages in this thread so long as they are not hateful comments.

bebeETOILE's was a personal opinion. she didn't mean to compare but you can't help it. It also occured to me, and to others as well, during the first few episodes of YB. this is due to their cross-dressing. As time passes by, i spelled the difference in their characterization.

with regards to charisma thingy...we have the same idea of the word..that's why.

- a special magnetic charm or appeal <the charisma of a popular actor>

I refer to YEH fans here in soompi that is how i say that YEH has more charm than PSH.

Then again, it's a matter of observation not an absolute statement. *peace*

YEH may have all the world's charisma but i am more interested in PSH.

No matter how many times we stopped it, people will keep compare them just because they are celebrities. that is how showbusiness runs. It is only normal for us fans to react when we hear some negative remarks about our favorite stars. But we have to consider if it was made subjectively or objectively. We have to be careful with our reactions.

thao: you got us wrong. there is no bashing here. :) how can we forget that this is Avant Hye's thread? letting her down is the last thing that would cross my mind.

YEH may have all the world's charisma but i am more interested in PSH.

No matter how many times we stopped it, people will keep compare them just because they are celebrities. that is how showbusiness runs. It is only normal for us fans to react when we hear some negative remarks about our favorite stars. But we have to consider if it was made subjectively or objectively. We have to be careful in our reactions.

Dear rori0711,

Thank you for making it clear, and sorry for being over-emotional ( Look what YB 's done to me!!!! I was never fan-girl-ing anyone before :o , and gezzz, what I am doing now <_< )

Maybe I just love Avant Hye so much as and get offended by seeing her underated, hated/ jealous( by anti), and compared with other, so I just had to say it..... She deserves more love

I think it 's really unfair for any young actress to be compared and unfavored by the fans of the more sucessful ones. To be honest, I don't really understand how the show business runs in Korea ( like Uee got more recognition than PSH, YAB rating...) so don't even let's me go there :rolleyes:

It was just my own opinion, so don't worry about it <3 :lol: . Oh well,

I really do hope she win an award this year for her hardwork and will be as shine next to her "start"

God bless!!!

Dear rori0711,

Thank you for making it clear, and sorry for being over-emotional ( Look what YB 's done to me!!!! I was never fan-girl-ing anyone before :o , and gezzz, what I am doing now <_< )

God bless!!!

it's alright chingu! i understand. I like that you stand up for ShinHye.

As much as I like YEH, but I never loved any girl like PSH.

^^ this line is enough for me. ;)

PSH fighting!!

Guest didienazrin

I always wonder, well aside from YAB of course, why PSH is considered a 'safe bet' for JGS. Considering even his fans didn't even go extreme on her when he said his mother is approved of her.. I mean, JGS has been linked with few famous (and beautiful) people before - like Go Ara, Tiffany SNSD.. and they go all out on them..

Probably PSH has certain charm that even more beautiful than these people, i don't know..

i'm in love with her already..

unnie with u dear!

I think it's fate for JGS and PSH.

Like has been said an umpteen times, Geunsuk's fans don't go harsh on Shinhye at all, when usually most fans do.

But I'm thinking, could it be because they're too well-liked by their characters in the drama that his fans really like them so much so naturally see them as a couple, like in the drama, w/o objections? I mean Korean fangirls are like that, if they like you, they see you up, they praise you to the skies, go crazy over you; if they don't, they bash you until the skies fall down and all that..

Anyhow, since they really like Shinhye with Geunsuk so so so much, just like I do,

I'll give them my blessings and may God bless them, haha.. :)

Really so fond of this couple.

Guess in future, in 2010, this couple will come up with more good works.

Really cross my fingers they'll work alongside each other again.

It's fate isn't it?

From beginning until now.

*edit*

V didienazrin yeah I understand what you mean. Personally I'm aware of that "recycled couple" thing too.

But it isn't only in the area of TV that they could collaborate again together!

Like you know, CFs/events/ambassadors or anything..

Sometimes because of certain coincidences, if a guy & a girl are really fated, I believe they'd bump into each other again. No matter when, how, why.

Even the fortune teller has said it right? They share a sp. bond...

Maybe it's me, but I do believe in fate though. Too many dramas? :P

Guest didienazrin

I think it's fate for JGS and PSH.

Like has been said an umpteen times, Geunsuk's fans don't go harsh on Shinhye at all, when usually most fans do.

But I'm thinking, could it be because they're too well-liked by their characters in the drama that his fans really like them so much so naturally see them as a couple, like in the drama, w/o objections? I mean Korean fangirls are like that, if they like you, they see you up, they praise you to the skies, go crazy over you; if they don't, they bash you until the skies fall down and all that..

Anyhow, since they really like Shinhye with Geunsuk so so so much, just like I do,

I'll give them my blessings and may God bless them, haha.. :)

Really so fond of this couple.

Guess in future, in 2010, this couple will come up with more good works.

Really cross my fingers they'll work alongside each other again.

It's fate isn't it?

From beginning until now.

I guess people naturally is.. Somehow, i got the idea that people that don't know you enough might interpret you differently (or worse harshly) than people who do. Don't get me wrong, i love shin hye to bits too, but i guess we probably never see them together again in the future. I thought somebody in YAB thread told that Korean dramas rarely put 'recycled' couple together. But I'm wishing upon the stars and the moon too. They are too good to be true, you don't get that chemistry everyday..

<3 Tamaharuchan <3 the angel has posted these two news articles in the You're Beautiful and Jang Geun Suk thread and I'd like to share the good news here as well.

The first article:

dunno ppl have share this or not~~~Hot news XD

original article : http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?popu...p;mode=sub_view

credit : Joonwoo JUng translation~

JGS confessed surprisingly " My mother treats PSH as a daughter-in-law (JGS's wife lol!!)"

On December 20, in the KBS 2TV show, '...장근석's Miss Right World Cup Special'

he unveiled the special bond and marital harmony as predicted by a fortuneteller

with PSH who recently acted with JGS in "You're Beautiful".

JGS says that PSH is living nearby his home and his mother specially holds PSH lovely dear. He also says his mother once visited a fortuneteller and got marital harmony with PSH.

Answering a question about marital harmony with PSH,

JGS says "we are well-matched to each other, so my mother wants me to invite PSH home"

Also today, he's got big appaluse from audience showing his dance and talents

that we have never seen before on TV.

His hidden charm can be seen in the KBS 2TV show,

'장근석's Miss Right World Cup Special' at 22:25 p.m. on Dec 20.

The second article:

UPDATE!! UPDATe another more news~~~

credit Kbites:

I really Like Ha Ji Won noona during HAng JinYi

Actor Jang GeunSeok revealed that he had really liked Ha JiWon when he was working with her on KBS drama ‘Hwang JinYi’.

He revealed during his appearance on KBS 2TV ‘Jang GeunSeok Ideal Type World Cup special’ that when he was filming for that drama, he really felt that he has fallen in love with her.

“When I was filming ‘Hwang JinYi’, it was the tough period of time after I broke up with my girlfriend. Under this situation, I really liked Ha JiWon noona during the drama filming.”

He also confessed, “Not just that, I felt really excited when I did the kiss scene with Sung Yuri noona in drama ‘Hong Gil Dong’.”

Jang Geun Seok also talked about the special relationship he had with actress Park Shin Hye, they both starred in recent drama ‘You’re Beautiful. He said, “My mother has said that she really like Park ShinHye, who lives in the same neighbourhood. There was even once when she told me to try out with Park ShinHye as a couple.”

And when asked how it went, Jang Geun Seok, “We hit well together. And so my mother asked me to invite Park ShinHye to our house.”

Meanwhile, during the show, Jang Geun Seok showed the nervous side of him while having to choose between actresses like Ha Ji Won and Sung Yuri for his ideal women.

S:Osen

Thank you Tamaharuchan for posting these!

It's so funny that JGS always mentions that his mother likes PSH. I wonder what this guy is thinking? :P

I can't wait to watch this episode!

Guest yozoranomukou

<3 Tamaharuchan <3 the angel has posted these two news articles in the You're Beautiful and Jang Geun Suk thread and I'd like to share the good news here as well.

The first article:

The second article:

Thank you Tamaharuchan for posting these!

It's so funny that JGS always mentions that his mother likes PSH. I wonder what this guy is thinking? :P

I can't wait to watch this episode!

sorry to cut you're post, but where did you find da second article??? pls do tell! :)