JYP Entertainment

Guest JYP Casting Team

Guest teukstrid

i have a question,

for the people that go audition at the JYP building in Korea, they say it takes place in the basement practice rooms but how do you get there? like can you jsut walk in through the main doors?

Show up outside the main building and you'll see a bunch of people. You'll have to get in line according to the number you recieve from a JYP rep and fill out the application form before you get to enter the practice rooms and audition. Don't worry. There are people there to help you through the prossess (:

Good luck if you decide to audition~

Guest areumie

You audition for what you want to be. What's the point of auditioning for singing if you want to be an actor or actress. If you want to be an actor or actress, it's obvious that you have to audition for acting...It doesn't really matter if you audition for singing if you don't want to be a singer.

I mean, a lot of stars today have told stories about how they auditioned as models or actors but ended up as singers or vice versa. It seems like if I could impress the company with singing first but then train under what they think would be better choice for me... that could work?

Guest booboo123

oh im so jealous that you guys even auditioned. i really want to become a actress. The problem is my mom and dad are totally against it. And plus im Chinese from Britain and can only speak a bit of Cantonese. reading these threads make to want to cry lol but i want it so bad.

Guest bonniechin

oh im so jealous that you guys even auditioned. i really want to become a actress. The problem is my mom and dad are totally against it. And plus im Chinese from Britain and can only speak a bit of Cantonese. reading these threads make to want to cry lol but i want it so bad.

My parent don't know I am applying audition...HAHHAA...I haven't told them~

Guest watchmysteps

hi im new here !! lol it took me a year to actually find a topic related to audition for JYP !! yay!!

im really curious and i want to ask someone who had auditioned for dancing through online . if the song you chose have 3 minute length , do you dance to the whole song ? or only a part of the song? like u shorten it to 2 minutes or 1?

Guest watchmysteps

hello again .. it seems like im facing problem to upload a video in the audition page for JYPE .. when i press the "find/open file" button , nothing happen @@ .. can anyone help me please?

Guest watchmysteps

sorry for posting three times in a row >"< but i really need help ..everytime i send something (i am trying to ask something) to this email "audition@jype.com" my hotmail will reply me with a delivery status notification (failure)? why i cant send email to this address? please anyone can help me?

Guest Sinnimi

Hello everyone..

I was jsut wondering.. When you're auditioning online at JYP, do they comment on it, or will they just let you know if you make it?

In either case, does anyone know how long time it usually takes from when you submit your audition?

In advance, thanks for you help ^_^

Guest watchmysteps

>_< why isnt people replying here.. we are in desperate of answer lol..please anyone could give an answer to question?

Guest Sinnimi

hi im new here !! lol it took me a year to actually find a topic related to audition for JYP !! yay!!

im really curious and i want to ask someone who had auditioned for dancing through online . if the song you chose have 3 minute length , do you dance to the whole song ? or only a part of the song? like u shorten it to 2 minutes or 1?

As far as I've understood you don't have to dance the whole song, but dance enough for them to see your talent..

hello again .. it seems like im facing problem to upload a video in the audition page for JYPE .. when i press the "find/open file" button , nothing happen @@ .. can anyone help me please?

Yea, we had the same problem when I was gonna help my friend audition there.. (She ended up not auditioning, she backed out),..

sorry for posting three times in a row >"< but i really need help ..everytime i send something (i am trying to ask something) to this email "audition@jype.com" my hotmail will reply me with a delivery status notification (failure)? why i cant send email to this address? please anyone can help me?

As someone already applied, the e-mail address is no longer valid..

>_< why isnt people replying here.. we are in desperate of answer lol..please anyone could give an answer to question?

And yea, I totally agree with you.. We're desperate for answers?!?!

The YG audition forum are a lot quicker to reply.. I guess it depends on how many are intrested in the topic at the time..

But please ppl.. if you knwo.. answer my (our) question/s ^_^

Guest Sinnimi

uhmm how do you make an account on the site? o.o I can't seem to make one.

It should be fairly simple..

Just go to http://audition.jype.com/, choose "Apply for Audition", "Join us"

Then you choose Locale or Foreign..

Choose username & email, enter the vertification # you get on email, and fill out the info on the next page..

Guest saranghaeyo.

ok i sent an email audtion in like 2 weeks ago...but it's still there.

but in the FAQ area. it said that my audition will be deleted 7 days after being

reviewed. does that mean that my audition hasn't been reviewed yet?

Guest Sinnimi

ok i sent an email audtion in like 2 weeks ago...but it's still there.

but in the FAQ area. it said that my audition will be deleted 7 days after being

reviewed. does that mean that my audition hasn't been reviewed yet?

I think so.. I really don't know.. My friends audition is still there as well.. And she sendt it Feb 9th.. So..

I'm guessing it takes quite some time, since there's so many auditioning?

So yea, I would count 7 days from the day it's deleted (what ever that means)

Guest watchmysteps

too bad i cant upload my video into the websites!! now what can i do? there is no online audition in any other entertainment .....or should i go to korea to audition in person? lol

Guest jaxije22
Hi, is anyone else having trouble uploading videos on the jype website?

At first when I tried to select the file i wanted to upload, a popup would say "notcodec". So then I downloaded codec from the link where it tells me to and it still says the same thing? It's a .mov but I don't think it matters since it's in the options right? well even if it did, i downloaded a converter and changed it to .mpg and it still said "notcodec".

Then i realised i had a different codec pack on my comp, so i uninstalled it and re-installed the codec pack jpye linked us to. I then tried uploading both .mov and .mpg files and it still says "notcodec". ???! It's so frustrating and I've been trying to almost an hr!

Does anyone else experience this?

edit//

ok it works now after i converted it to .wmv, though the file quality has decreased.. but now i'm getting that http//1.1 500 server error or whatever that most people seem to be getting.. U___________U''

edit//

oh i tried the next day and my app went through. i guess it also depends on the time of day since the web traffic would be bombarded? iernos? =S

Hi, where was the link or do you remember what website had the new codecs? I am having the same problems. Thanks

Guest Sinnimi
too bad i cant upload my video into the websites!! now what can i do? there is no online audition in any other entertainment .....or should i go to korea to audition in person? lol

You could still try e-mail & mail auditions ;)

Auditioning in person is prolly a good thing, then they really get to see what you can do..

Guest watchmysteps

maybe that will do..

but isnt there any way to contact JYP entertainment about this problem? i mean about uploading videos ...im so frustrated xD

Guest danizz
Height doesn't matter because you can always wear man heels. (:

And they can change your height slightly.

What matters is whether or not you're good at what you audition for.

I'm really short so I was wondering the same xD at least I can wear heels if I really am too short.