JYP Entertainment

Guest JYP Casting Team

Guest assianness

Anybody know the mailing address for JYP Entertainment? I want to audition for JYP but I've been having issues with the online audition site, so I want to audition by mail.

I live in the U.S. by the way.

Guest Racheyos
When are JYP Entertainment gonna do Gobal Auditions this year?

A friend of mine told me that they're not going to do global auditions this year or whatever. It'll be in 2011. o_o

Not sure if he was right though..

Clarification would be nice.

Guest sheva88
Anybody know the mailing address for JYP Entertainment? I want to audition for JYP but I've been having issues with the online audition site, so I want to audition by mail.

I live in the U.S. by the way.

Go to www.jype.com and click on audition. Click on the word English on the page and they'll give you the address there as well as a link to download the application form to mail them.

Guest LucKy#1

hi dont know if this was answered or not:

am i allowed to hand in the audition in person. for instance, im going to ny on this coming sunday for a college fair and i was thinking that i should drop in to the jype center and hand in my audition. can i do that?

i mean i just thought that since im gonna be in ny i could hand in my audition.

Guest saranghaeyo.
hi dont know if this was answered or not:

am i allowed to hand in the audition in person. for instance, im going to ny on this coming sunday for a college fair and i was thinking that i should drop in to the jype center and hand in my audition. can i do that?

i mean i just thought that since im gonna be in ny i could hand in my audition.

why don't you just stay and audition?

Guest sheva88

I have a question.. Does JYP have a center in China?????? Cos I was thinking if I were to drop by in China together with parents for their random shopping trips, I could audition there.

Guest betterday55

hi sup guys...

1. I called JYPE new york two weeks ago and the guy who answered the phone said they don't have open auditions in nyc. If you wanna audition live, there are walk in auditions every 1st and 3rd at their JYP HQ in Korea.

2. How exactly do you upload the videos on JYP Audition website? I have a mac, and I use the mac version internet explorer. Can someone please tell me the steps to upload video? My dance video is saved on my desktop, and I don't really know how to upload it to the website.

On the audition application page, I see "Movie File" (space) "Upload video file"

I try clicking the "upload video file" button and this box pops up that shows a blank black space. Beneath the black space i see

"Beginning time" 00:00 and "Ending time"

Below that i see:

"find/open file"> "capture image" > "upload video"

Sooooo what exactly do i do? I try clicking "find/open file" and other buttons but it doesn't respond.

If you have experience uploading videos, please help....

hi sup guys...

1. I called JYPE new york two weeks ago and the guy who answered the phone said they don't have open auditions in nyc. If you wanna audition live, there are walk in auditions every 1st and 3rd at their JYP HQ in Korea.

2. How exactly do you upload the videos on JYP Audition website? I have a mac, and I use the mac version internet explorer. Can someone please tell me the steps to upload video? My dance video is saved on my desktop, and I don't really know how to upload it to the website.

On the audition application page, I see "Movie File" (space) "Upload video file"

I try clicking the "upload video file" button and this box pops up that shows a blank black space. Beneath the black space i see

"Beginning time" 00:00 and "Ending time"

Below that i see:

"find/open file"> "capture image" > "upload video"

Sooooo what exactly do i do? I try clicking "find/open file" and other buttons but it doesn't respond.

If you have experience uploading videos, please help....

Your question was resolved on jype online audition topic.

FYI, you should use IE, and deny upload music file and video file. After a moment you can review your application and modify it. But now, their server was going error, it was hard to upload video there.

Below that i see:

Guest watchmysteps

hey , had anyone heard of this song ? rascal flatts - bless the broken road .. what kind of song is this ? rnb? anyway is there other song that is the similar to this genre? someone mind listing song lol..

Guest sinaelee

if you pass the online auditions and go on to the next round, do you have to go to korea for the second round?

or if we're living in the US, do we go to the headquarters in New York?

hey , had anyone heard of this song ? rascal flatts - bless the broken road .. what kind of song is this ? rnb? anyway is there other song that is the similar to this genre? someone mind listing song lol..

bless the broken road is country :)

Guest MyNameIs_Luka
A friend of mine told me that they're not going to do global auditions this year or whatever. It'll be in 2011. o_o

Not sure if he was right though..

Clarification would be nice.

It could be true since JYP is filing for bankruptcy and he is 3.5 million dollars in debt. If he holds Global Auditions now then he is going to sink even deeper in debt :/ Until JYP straightens out all his legal and money woes then I highly doubt he is going to accept any trainees (especially the overseas auditioners) until his cash flows back to normal....And to remove his cash block would take about a year or two.

Guest watchmysteps

sorry to sounds like a weirdo .. but im not really good in categorizing songs ... what kind of song is Fly To The Sky - Missing You? isit a rnb song?

Guest MyNameIs_Luka
questionnnnn

i auditioned for JYP, and they did give me a reply that they will contact me 3 weeks after and if after 3 weeks i havent heard anything then it will be deleted off their site. I didnt hear anything, but why is my audition file still up? is it because JYP is bankrupt and they havent had a chance to get back to the people who passed first round? or maybe im being lame and over reacting because i wanna be a trainee ;(

please help mehhhh~

----btw i auditioned on: March, 20, 2010 and i got the reply on April, 5, 2010---

Most likely you didn't pass...The first message they send to you is an automated message. And then if they actually saw your audition demo and liked it, then they will contact you more personally.

Don't be too heartbroken over this though, cuz it's really hard to pass any form of auditions (may it be through, mail, email and online) to the next round.

Guest Natsune619

Few questions I need answering please ^^ I'm relatively new to JYP so I don't know much!

1.There's all the stuff about JYP being bankrupt, so is he basically not going to to take any trainees?

2. And has anyone ever heard of a Japanese person becoming a trainee/ idol? <- Off topic I know >.<

Because I have to pay to go to Korea this summer to audition, and I'm not if it's even worth it if they're not going to even think about taking Japanese people because of the anti Japanese thing.. (I'm only half tho)

3. How long does it take for JYP to do callbacks for open auditions?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Guest sheva88

Few questions I need answering please ^^ I'm relatively new to JYP so I don't know much!

1.There's all the stuff about JYP being bankrupt, so is he basically not going to to take any trainees?

2. And has anyone ever heard of a Japanese person becoming a trainee/ idol? <- Off topic I know >.<

Because I have to pay to go to Korea this summer to audition, and I'm not if it's even worth it if they're not going to even think about taking Japanese people because of the anti Japanese thing.. (I'm only half tho)

3. How long does it take for JYP to do callbacks for open auditions?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

1. Nope. Else JYP would have released an official statement already. I heard the divorce settlement went well. They are still taking in trainees, you can see that their youtube audition account has been really active lately. They put up the top 3 people who auditioned on JYP online every month on their Youtube account.

2. I read somewhere in this forum that within a week or so this Japanese girl was contacted to do a second audition in Japan, JYP had people there to audition for their 2nd round.

3. between 2 days to 3 weeks after evaluation. If they like you, they'd ask either for more videos of you, or call you up for a second audition straight away.

For those living in either Toronto, Vancouver or San Francisco, there will be auditions apparently... I'll come back with more details about it since I haven't gotten around to translating it ^^;; But it seems the audition rounds this time are called "JYP World"

edit:

JYP World Agent Recruitment

Park Jiyoung, Wonder Girls, 2AM, 2PM, JOO and other discovered artists coming from

JYP Entertainment Newcomer Development team's new

JYP Entertainment is recruiting agents who are wishing to work with

the Newcomer Development team that discovered Wonder Girls, 2AM, 2PM, JOO and others.

We are waiting for many applications from many people with an outstanding eye and

who have a great passion for working in the world of discovering newcomers.

We thank you.

- Reception period: May 11th ~ May 16th

- Recruitment area

* Taiwan

* North America : San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver

- Application Process : From the attached file area, download it and after you fill it in e-mail it in

(Application : Found under the 'Annoucements' board)

* Taiwan : neverjan@jype.com

* North America: funnypark@jype.com

JYP Entertainment Audition

http://cafe.daum.net/JYPManager

Guest k-yoz

guys...just want to ask bout jype's way

of getting trainee and audition process...

im not that really familiar as to how their

audition process go...

i have some questions..

1. jyp allow online audition am i right?,

if they are..how will i make my online audition thingy?..

like what will be the requirements needed..

2.do i have to fill up an audition form?...

3. can i sing the song that i like if ever i will do my audition?

and if i can sing some of jyp artists song?...

4. was it ok with them if i cant really speak korean?..

or if i just knew some basic korean words?...

5.what were the do's and dont's when making an audition clip?..

thank you for those who will answer my question... ^^

Guest soo-min91

Hi! I auditioned on the JYPE audition site as a registered MEMBER (May 9th)

The audio file uploaded but my pictures wouldn't DX

I can't even look at my audition page to see the supposed feedback they write on it

if i'm a member, why can't i check it???

and then i got an email today (May 16th) saying

Hello?

This is a message sent by the Artist Training Team of JYPE.

The evaluation on your application and attachment files are complete.

The reviewed files will be deleted from the system in 7 days after the evaluation.

Only the final qualifiers will be notified within 3 weeks after the evaluation.

So because of this, I'm assuming I'm NEVER going to see what they said

and I'll have to wait 3 weeks before I find out if I was actually picked or not..

If I am a registered MEMBER why can't I check my audition application??

I want to know what was said! ><