Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

7 hours ago, winterdew said:

Hi, chingus! Hope everyone has been well. D-4 till we see DJ Wook again!

As the FM tour is approaching its end, and with news slowing down... I'm missing Wook D terribly :( I know, I know... how is it possible to miss someone you don't personally know? Or root so fervidly for his success? Be genuinely overjoyed when you see him gain recognition and be praised for his talents? Can't help but worry about how his future projects will fare? I never thought it was possible to be such a big fan of someone. Sometimes, saying that out loud or even thinking about it feels silly. I'm no stranger to fangirling and have pledged my allegiance to a number of music fandoms in my growing years (haha), but I'd never thought I could become a fan of an actor. Because unlike songs, some of which are penned and delivered from a very personal place, acting is often based on scripts written by another person. Of course, actors can draw from their personal experiences to deliver powerful performance, but they are often limited to a particular character/show/film. I've liked a few Western actors, but my respect/admiration for them is usually due largely to a particular role they took up. I'm quite sure it's just a personal thing, or a matter of not having discovered the right actors, because I know some of you chingus are fans of other actors as well ^^

But with Wookie, it was like something clicked. I swooned over him endlessly in My Girl and Scent of a Woman; was deeply moved by his acting in Hotel King, Fugitive of Joseon, and Goblin, and bowled over completely by that in La Dolce Vita; couldn't stop laughing at his comedic timing in Wild Romance and Blade Man; loved his cute, summery vibes in Bubblegum; and adored his bad boy, gangster persona in Kang Koo's Story. The roles he have done over the years are so diverse, but watching him in them is like seeing different aspects/slices of his acting persona rather than just totally separate roles. It's like there's a unique flavour to his acting; be it a sad, funny or dreamy role, he draws me in the way other actors can't. I guess that's why I find it difficult to watch/appreciate other actors now--I think that's something that chingus @Princi_86, @joyezz and probably some of you here can identify with. And to know that he's such a genuine person who's always looking out for not just his seniors but also his juniors, and someone who cares a lot about his fans make me an even bigger fan. Of course, he's the epitome of handsomeness (hehe), but I think his personality, character, and work ethnic are what inspire such deep passion and dedication from many of us.

Just something random that I felt I had to put down in words and share with you all, because Wookie ah...

ACU20c2.jpg

I feel u, girl!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, winterdew said:

Hi, chingus! Hope everyone has been well. D-4 till we see DJ Wook again!

As the FM tour is approaching its end, and with news slowing down... I'm missing Wook D terribly :( I know, I know... how is it possible to miss someone you don't personally know? Or root so fervidly for his success? Be genuinely overjoyed when you see him gain recognition and be praised for his talents? Can't help but worry about how his future projects will fare? I never thought it was possible to be such a big fan of someone. Sometimes, saying that out loud or even thinking about it feels silly. I'm no stranger to fangirling and have pledged my allegiance to a number of music fandoms in my growing years (haha), but I'd never thought I could become a fan of an actor. Because unlike songs, some of which are penned and delivered from a very personal place, acting is often based on scripts written by another person. Of course, actors can draw from their personal experiences to deliver powerful performance, but they are often limited to a particular character/show/film. I've liked a few Western actors, but my respect/admiration for them is usually due largely to a particular role they took up. I'm quite sure it's just a personal thing, or a matter of not having discovered the right actors, because I know some of you chingus are fans of other actors as well ^^

But with Wookie, it was like something clicked. I swooned over him endlessly in My Girl and Scent of a Woman; was deeply moved by his acting in Hotel King, Fugitive of Joseon, and Goblin, and bowled over completely by that in La Dolce Vita; couldn't stop laughing at his comedic timing in Wild Romance and Blade Man; loved his cute, summery vibes in Bubblegum; and adored his bad boy, gangster persona in Kang Koo's Story. The roles he have done over the years are so diverse, but watching him in them is like seeing different aspects/slices of his acting persona rather than just totally separate roles. It's like there's a unique flavour to his acting; be it a sad, funny or dreamy role, he draws me in the way other actors can't. I guess that's why I find it difficult to watch/appreciate other actors now--I think that's something that chingus @Princi_86, @joyezz and probably some of you here can identify with. And to know that he's such a genuine person who's always looking out for not just his seniors but also his juniors, and someone who cares a lot about his fans make me an even bigger fan. Of course, he's the epitome of handsomeness (hehe), but I think his personality, character, and work ethnic are what inspire such deep passion and dedication from many of us.

Just something random that I felt I had to put down in words and share with you all, because Wookie ah...

ACU20c2.jpg

Wookie 

Image result for what are you doing to us gif

Image result for cha jae wan cry

• Like 12

@intrariver I don't forget, I dropped them, saaad. The original squadrons have Stripes, Orange, Purple, Maroon, Ocean, Cream and Khaki to form 17 squads, simply bcos it's year 2017 LOL (though it's difficult to choose within 10 haha). Ninja is Special Squad, their All Star, kekekeke. But I couldn't arrange team or find leaders comparably good. I prefer magz pictorials or official HD for leaders and couldn't find for those dropped squads and have to merge into current ones, huhuhu. They looked pale in comparison, not bcos of the look (they're stunning!) but resolution and lighting are lame. Blame KKE for not releasing better HD! I dropped purple FOJ bcos the hat blocked other members (haha) and dropped red GR offering hug bcos his arms block other faces (kyakyakya). And Mr. Valentino's color is too unique it's out of place. Though I love him so much there. But it's all due to my limitation and I'm biased since all final squads are my preferences. Privilege of game author haha. Thanks for suggestions. I enjoy reading everyone's replies, everyone has different preferences yet we agree he looks awesome in anything and any color, right chingu?

@Princi_86 I saw news of guests at Dongdaemun Exhibition. PHS, HHJ and some idols attended. I complained here last April when he missed SFW but he showed up in Ferragamo so it wasn't disappointing. This time I realy have high hopes on either Ferragamo and Valentino. Please KKE, fly him further than HK for fashion event. Don't let him stuck in Asia. Yes we want justice for our one and only bias! Btw about MC. In my recap I said JKT MC is OK bcos I have no standard it's my first FM ever. But after BKK, oh the MC really likes and respects LDW, did you see their selca? He looked like fanboy grinning so wide next to him. I rewatched some videos I spotted the MC practising and mumbling like crazy looking at his script when everyone didn't pay attention to him or when LDW entered after break, he's very hardworking and also provided fanservice when no one asked. He did great job, LDW looked relax near him. On top of that, he was grinning almost entire FM, like us. About agency, nothing we can do except wish him good luck. He must have his own reason, we should trust Oppa. And thanks for liking my games. I browsed nonstop of Oppa's pics during trip back from NFL and it was the best thing ever to kill boring journey! I'm starting my Oppa's pic collections! Hahaha. Btw, I'm your fellow Azzuri fan, I used to fangirl over Totti and Del Piero. What memories....

@winterdew As for me, I like lots of artists, but not to the level of flying abroad alone to other countries for 1-2 days simply to attend FM. 2x, and soon 3x. The abroad concerts I attended before always planned with group of friends just bcos we travel together. And about smitten or something clicked, that's exactly what I felt when I first watch GR! It's just, "That's it! I found you, you got me, I'll follow you!" Done! And the next 6 months I start chasing him to the other part of the globe. How I wish I can move back to Asia. Easier to chase him. My fav K-pop group has serious problem right now, but honestly there's nothing much I feel for him bcos I like them for the music, I want them to perform more but that's it, not like LDW that I care for his welfare, his past works, effort, health, exposure, future, choices, or if he's loved by his K-fans. It's first time for me.

DBz1D5dVoAEZRcd.jpg

@Mojojojo123 Welcome back! Glad to have you here again. @MaysoonD Where are you chingu? I even made a game for you... @joyezz Unfortunately my friend is very very junior in her office, she can't extract any classified information from her bosses (I'm crying at the corner...), let's hope for the best!

• Like 13

omg @winterdew just wrote exactly how I feel :') so relatableeee! i have never felt like this before. looking for news about Wookie LITERALLY everyday and smile like crazy seeing his pictures lol. I just want him to be healthy and happy because he totally deserves it.

@noname111 same here same here! i wish i dont need to work but have a lot of money so I can like go to wherever wookie is (I sound creepy don't I Iol) but WELL, if I have like the chance to hear his laugh and see his smile in like real life like I feel them thru my eyes without any devices (you know what I mean), that's the only things I need to he happy. I don't need anything elseeee.

Btw girls, where can I watch Kang koo's story with English subtitle? :( I haven't watched it.

Can't wait for On the Air, I feel like its been ages cuz I count the day lol. I terribly miss him.

P.s I wish wookie would join running man again or return of superman, I miss seeing him being himself on like variety shows :(

dear Wookie,

SjOLv2MBt4kYZOLYbAbECX-I_cx8Je3Ir5exGL15

• Like 10

This is for everyone who is missing wookie..

I watch this video when I bring back work home and I want to listen and look at him  without getting to engrossed in it:D. If I warship drama, variety show or fan meeting I end up not doing an work done, he he he..

I found this live radio which has Wookie with so many expressions:wub: I don't have to concentrate on it, once while just gaze at him he he he.. and its 3 hour long..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, deurinlee said:

omg @winterdew just wrote exactly how I feel :') so relatableeee! i have never felt like this before. looking for news about Wookie LITERALLY everyday and smile like crazy seeing his pictures lol. I just want him to be healthy and happy because he totally deserves it.

@noname111 same here same here! i wish i dont need to work but have a lot of money so I can like go to wherever wookie is (I sound creepy don't I Iol) but WELL, if I have like the chance to hear his laugh and see his smile in like real life like I feel them thru my eyes without any devices (you know what I mean), that's the only things I need to he happy. I don't need anything elseeee.

Btw girls, where can I watch Kang koo's story with English subtitle? :( I haven't watched it.

Can't wait for On the Air, I feel like its been ages cuz I count the day lol. I terribly miss him.

P.s I wish wookie would join running man again or return of superman, I miss seeing him being himself on like variety shows :(

dear Wookie,

SjOLv2MBt4kYZOLYbAbECX-I_cx8Je3Ir5exGL15

I miss him too. 2 more days to his V-live, ladies! I miss him too. There isnt a day where I dont think of him! 

• Like 7

Girls, 

He has like so many moles. and I personally think that's freaking HOT.

16939498_1216606308407968_80480678195249

@missbuttercup yess I can't stop thinking about him since that day. I wish he would remember me but I am pretty sure he won't bahahaha. thats like everyones wish! ♡

@kler2009 thank you for the video! I wish I could speak Korean right now bcs my life depends on English subtitle LOL. but i guess seeing his expressions without even knowing the meaning just really boosts up my mood hahaha

@Mojojojo123 huhu true. been waiting for it for like almost a month now right

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, orihimegirl said:

@noname111 i saw that you have a game again. Can i still vote :blush: is it closed already? I want to vote for yellow and green squad. As for leaders yellow and red squad. @Princi_86 so Wookie's previous agency is Jump Entertainment? Sorry i don't know much about his past... except MG

Oops @noname111 i haven't cast my vote for the leaders.... i vote for red and black leaders... count my votes in chingu!

• Like 8

Good news is that looks like Wookie was filming for Liz K yesterday. If it's true we'll have another heavenly handsome Wookie in their new CF. Wonder if it's for First C serum or other product. 

Thisperson has done this flower boquet for him to hold during CF filming for Liz K. I love Wookie with flowers. Can't wait to see the result and hopefully there will be new pics besides CF. In a meantime, why not to post other CFs bts....

@orihimegirl yup, he was with Jump. Idk much about this company but from what I've heard from Koreans that they have tried to milk their cow after My Girl and then SOAW without even having exclusive contract. Wookie had nice CF selection after SOAW, but I think that KKE with whom he has done those CFs hasn't played big role in signing Cass, Chevrolett or Downy. It's Wookie who has attracted them. 

• Like 13

Hi Ladies, you're taking the game too serious. Actually when I first suggest 'want to vote for leaders?' it means leaders as 1 group, as the 11th squad, THE SQUAD OF LEADERS, not leader individually LOL. But everyone voted that way so I'll vote for Mr. Ginseng and Mr. Sunshine. Because I love him in red and would love to see him more in red. Also my favorite color is yellow, favorite character of drama is Park Ri Hwan. Vote as many as you want, I won't close the voting until @MaysoonD vote hers. She's the first to ask for game. 

I would like to share a funny story. I spent some good times with colleagues' family yesterday. One of their kid is a huge fan of Kdrama. She is 10 years old, very mature, talks like an adult. So I told her my Oppa is LDW. She said he is one of her favorite and showed me her HUGE collection of Oppa's photo in her PC. I.WAS.SHOCKED. She has A LOT. I asked with my timid voice, "Can I... copy these...?", she said, "Sure. Go on, I downloaded from internet anyway," in her princess tone voice. I asked her, "Don't you like PBG? Young girls prefer young Oppas usually," she sulked and answered, "I hate his teeth, they look like Grandma's false teeth." (The next thing, I was stunned there, she left me alone in her room). THE FUNNIEST KID EVER! Sorry, PBG fans. Please don't hate me or that girl. Freedom of speech, she's being honest yo! That evening, we re-watched TROS episodes and that brought me into collating LDW's pics with kiddos. Some of these I've never seen before, bcos they are bts. I'm sure you've seen it if you're longtime fangirl. Just a picture throwback.....

DB9oKyuU0AA4k1k.jpg

DB9oKyuV0AETeeW.jpg

DB9oOT-VoAEQYmJ.jpg

DB9oKy_UIAITVT-.jpg

DB9ohtHUAAE44-a.jpg

DB9ohr6U0AAa3LO.jpg

The one I love the most, matching cloth with kid-self.

DB9r4SuVwAEyB2X.jpg

I think these sets will be everyone's favorite. From first meeting, 2nd meeting, to visiting each other. Miss them on screen together. 

DB9ohrWUwAAQk2z.jpg

@giegie would love this one...

DB9oKytUIAE-0Vq.jpg

DB9oOUBVoAAutyK.jpg

DB9oOUCVwAEyIFG.jpg

DB9oOT7U0AApnjX.jpg

Of course with his real nephew. A dotting Handsome Uncle. I think the baby is fanboying him from his way of looking at him. LOL. He didn't get the nickname Milky Boy for nothing. Probably the baby thinks he looks like milk? Because he is so white and sweet and smooth and tasty like milk. Kyakyakyakya. Pardon me I just woke up. My brain is still in stupid mode. 

DB9r4SuUwAMo5KZ.jpg

• Like 14