Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Hello chingus, how have you all been? :)

Sorry it's been a while, but just wanted to say that I've been reading everyone's posts here, which helps with the withdrawals. And now I'll try to go back to joining you guys here frequently like before.

How are you guys dealing with the withdrawals? I'm currently watching Fugitive of Joseon/Mandate of Heaven. This drama is so good, and Wookie's acting in it is simply brilliant. I'm surprised it's not talked about more, but I guess that's because not everyone liked him with the facial hair and Joseon robes :tongue: Still, I think I've reached the point in my fangirlhood (haha) where I could appreciate him in any look and any role. I think he looks great here. Of course, he's not your typical handsome chaebol-in-a-suit here, but he gives off a lot of charisma even when covered in grit (literally) but showing lots of grit (figuratively). I respect him so much for daring to sacrifice his looks for a role (especially when his character makes his own face swell using bee venom as a form of disguise). If anyone here is looking for a new drama to watch, please give it a try! You'll be amazed at how he pours his heart and soul into every role he takes on.

I hope we get some news soon, on the fanmeeting tour, pictorials and CFs!!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, winterdew said:

Sorry it's been a while, but just wanted to say that I've been reading everyone's posts here, which helps with the withdrawals. And now I'll try to go back to joining you guys here frequently like before.

How are you guys dealing with the withdrawals? I'm currently watching Fugitive of Joseon/Mandate of Heaven. This drama is so good, and Wookie's acting in it is simply brilliant. I'm surprised it's not talked about more, but I guess that's because not everyone liked him with the facial hair and Joseon robes :tongue: Still, I think I've reached the point in my fangirlhood (haha) where I could appreciate him in any look and any role. I think he looks great here. Of course, he's not your typical handsome chaebol-in-a-suit here, but he gives off a lot of charisma even when covered in grit (literally) but showing lots of grit (figuratively). And I respect him so much for daring to sacrifice his looks for a role (when his character makes his own face swell using bee venom as a form of disguise). If anyone here is looking for a new drama to watch, please give it a try! You'll be amazed at how he pours his heart and soul into every role he takes on.

Hi winterdew, I couldn't agree with you more - this drama is good. This historical drama depicts a full package in terms of intrigue, and some bits of action, comedy and romantic tales. It is well written and directed, so you wouldn’t find yourself getting bored or wanting it to finally end. It is a good story with a lot of characters and their different pasts and presents. Everyone has their story to tell and that is also interesting to the view. Story is not completely new, since we have had many fugitive movies and dramas. What makes it original is the introduction of ancient medicine in combination with new techniques that would later be introduced as modern medicine. :lol:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, winterdew said:

How are you guys dealing with the withdrawals? I'm currently watching Fugitive of Joseon/Mandate of Heaven. This drama is so good, and Wookie's acting in it is simply brilliant. I'm surprised it's not talked about more, but I guess that's because not everyone liked him with the facial hair and Joseon robes :tongue: Still, I think I've reached the point in my fangirlhood (haha) where I could appreciate him in any look and any role. I think he looks great here. Of course, he's not your typical handsome chaebol-in-a-suit here, but he gives off a lot of charisma even when covered in grit (literally) but showing lots of grit (figuratively). And I respect him so much for daring to sacrifice his looks for a role (when his character makes his own face swell using bee venom as a form of disguise). If anyone here is looking for a new drama to watch, please give it a try! You'll be amazed at how he pours his heart and soul into every role he takes on.

FOJ really show case his acting and his dedication as a serious actor

his swollen face is hard to watch and bad for my fangirl heart haha

I respect him to be willing to let his face being uglified 

I was so relieved when his face back to normal :D

so far the drama is great, another underrated drama from Wookie

every episodes is engaging from start to finish

mandate3-00329a.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LoveBangWon said:

They should !!!!  Romcom mixed with sad romance.. because they looks good on both of romcom and sad scene.. wangsun forever love ❤

I would like to see them in a sexy comedy haha because they have sexy flirty chemistry going on

they are so fun to watch :D

• Like 5

On 14/02/2017 at 11:09 PM, giegie said:

@st4rdust I saw a post about Goblin's photo essay and agreed that it was fullfilled with GY. Imho, your dissatisfaction will also be felt by KGE's fans. Judging from the postcards, KGE also got fewer space that GY, is it true? I plan to buy the book too, but idk after your review, I need to see its in real first before making decision. And I also hate the production team which never make an english version. DotS book didn't have the english version, and I think Goblin will ended up the same

Most photo essays only have Korean versions...  An exception I know of is the recent Moonlight Drawn by clouds which due to immense popularity in Taiwan, released a mandarin version soon after. 

Lol I know what you mean that KGE fans may feel miffed... But i suppose GY is the star,  but some of the photo selection could have been better...  

In fact Yoo Inna had ZERO photo cards and even fewer pages... 

• Like 6

@joyezz I really liked that in an interview for FOJ, he mentioned that he wants to put in his best effort in hope that the audience is able to feel what he's portraying through his acting. I think that's always been one of or if not the most important thing he hopes to achieve out of his acting--to put up a convincing performance and move the audience. He also talked about it on Roommate, so I think it matters so much to him. I think his acting in this drama is stellar. Even though he's not a father himself, I could feel every ounce of his character's pain and worry for his daughter. I think this drama could end up being in my Top 5 Wookie dramas when I'm done watching it :)

@st4rdust I was honestly looking forward to purchasing merchandise from the drama, but doubt I'll be doing so anymore :/ I got the OST, but only cos I have a habit of collecting OST of dramas I love. And the GR doll as well (which still hasn't arrived!). But the photo book seems like such a letdown... and if there's not going to be much Wookie in the Director's Cut DVD either, I don't think it's worth the price tag...

• Like 10

19 hours ago, joyezz said:

I would like to see them in a sexy comedy haha because they have sexy flirty chemistry going on

they are so fun to watch :D

Agree @joyezz, they have a sexy chemistry... kekeke. Can't wait for their sexy romcom :)

Anyway... I watch Roommate since last week, and now is on Ep 6 Season 2. It's a good variety show, love watching Roommate. And I love LDW there :wub: He is a kind of everybody's Hyung/Oppa. Too bad it didn't make to Season 3. Love the episode when LDW's Sister and Bro in-law appeared. Especially when Sis showed his pic in her wedding day, where LDW watching his Sis from afar. Can feel his love. I think Roommate makes me know him more :wub:

Have a nice day everyone! ^^

• Like 11

Hi All. Been a silent reader here since beginning of Goblin and finally decided to open an account to say Hi to you all. Hope I'm welcomed here.

I started watching Goblin for GY but become huge fan of LDW instead. I don't even know where has he been all this time? How come I didn't notice him before??? Anyway, right after Goblin I watch My Girl until finish and currently watching Bubblegum. I enjoy both.

Just want to ask you ladies, is it true LDW will be featured in Vogue Korea March? I read somewhere in yes24 it will be 14pg of interview? My hangul is not good, appreciate some help here, I'm thinking of ordering one if it's true. Vogue usually release on 20 something every month, I think.... So it is a good time to place an order now.

So sorry for the long post. Also I don't want to spread false rumour in my first post (apology again), but I really want to get the magazine.... 14 pgs interview is no joke considering the super limited feature of him in the booklet from OST. Please help and BIG Thanks. Cheers!

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, noname111 said:

Hi All. Been a silent reader here since beginning of Goblin and finally decided to open an account to say Hi to you all. Hope I'm welcomed here.

I started watching Goblin for GY but become huge fan of LDW instead. I don't even know where has he been all this time? How come I didn't notice him before??? Anyway, right after Goblin I watch My Girl until finish and currently watching Bubblegum. I enjoy both.

Just want to ask you ladies, is it true LDW will be featured in Vogue Korea March? I read somewhere in yes24 it will be 14pg of interview? My hangul is not good, appreciate some help here, I'm thinking of ordering one if it's true. Vogue usually release on 20 something every month, I think.... So it is a good time to place an order now.

So sorry for the long post. Also I don't want to spread false rumour in my first post (apology again), but I really want to get the magazine.... 14 pgs interview is no joke considering the super limited feature of him in the booklet from OST. Please help and BIG Thanks. Cheers!

Thanks to dear @kentangbakar who alerted me to this wonderful news, I went searching and the news is TRUE!!!

and many thanks and a warm welcome to @noname111 you came suddenly but brought such great news! Thank you so much for your present hahaha I was waiting for magazine news like forever...

C4yybhKUoAEVq5O.jpg

cr https://fabarmy.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/asian-fashion-style-news-via-vogue-korea-magazine-february-16-2017-at-1041am/

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, noname111 said:

Welcome to our thread @noname111

I am glad that you enjoy his other dramas haha 

can't  wait for the voque magazine spread

omg 14 pg interview? 

I hope he will give us info about his next project

Image result for yay emoji

• Like 9

wow @Changsky looks like we are dealing with our wookie withdrawals in the same way! lol

I only managed to finish fast forwarding through season 1 this past weekend though... here are some shots of my favourite story about Dongwook from his sis...

He decorated his company car for her wedding car heeehehehehehe 

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-sis-spilling-beans-04856

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-04363

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-sis-spilling-beans-04926roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-sis-spilling-beans-05020roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-sis-spilling-beans-05419

Great job wedding photographer!!! :wub::wub::wub: 
For capturing the doting oppa....

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-06568roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-8_56_11-pm-06779

And the super sweet story of Lee Dong wook's comfort shorts?

This man is a KEEPER ladies!! 

He was dumbfounded when his sister brought along his favourite shorts to the lunch...

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-9_19_46-pm-10386roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-9_19_46-pm-10704roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-9_19_46-pm-10507

roommate-season-1-2014-_-episode-18-_-korean-variety-_-viu-google-chrome-12_2_2017-9_19_46-pm-11612

I am going to sigh and crawl back to await news for Lee Dong Wook's overseas fanmeet now... 

• Like 17

@noname111 welcome in Wookie's thread :blush:, glad you enjoyed bubblegum , it is one of mY favorite , thanks for the good news @st4rdust  many thanks for the confirmation,plz keep posting about Rommate .

Though Wookie has small screentime on Rommate due to his tough schedule but Rommate was a turning points in my fangirling journey, i found myself adore him more and more , he is father material , brother material , husband material , he is honest , cute and hard worker , in one word , he is EVERYTHING 

bless you Wookie :heart::heart:

• Like 13

16 hours ago, st4rdust said:

wow @Changsky looks like we are dealing with our wookie withdrawals in the same way! lol

I only managed to finish fast forwarding through season 1 this past weekend though... here are some shots of my favourite story about Dongwook from his sis...

He decorated his company car for her wedding car heeehehehehehe

Great job wedding photographer!!! :wub::wub::wub: 
For capturing the doting oppa....

And the super sweet story of Lee Dong wook's comfort shorts?

This man is a KEEPER ladies!! 

He was dumbfounded when his sister brought along his favourite shorts to the lunch...

I am going to sigh and crawl back to await news for Lee Dong Wook's overseas fanmeet now... 

Hi5! @st4rdust... and thanks for the screencaps :wub: I love all LDW's scenes in Roommate, but my most fave is that scene, when Sis and BIL became the guest :wub: 

Agree with you @MaysoonD and @joyezz about LDW in Roommate. Now I want to read all his interviews to know him more... kekeke :)

I wish someone will scan and share LDW pics on Vogue and translate the interview too... :D

Welcome to this thread @noname111 :)

• Like 9

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. I don't know how to tag (beginner...please understand). By the way, from twitter he will be the cover of Arena Homme+ March2017. He looks handsome there... Hope someone can help find and post it here since I don't know how (yet)..... Happy weekend!

• Like 11

20 minutes ago, noname111 said:

Wow. Thanks for the warm welcome from all of you. I don't know how to tag (beginner...please understand). By the way, from dwholic twitter account, he will be the cover of Arena Homme+ March2017. He looks handsome there... Hope someone can help find and post it here since I don't know how (yet)..... Happy weekend!

just copy the url and paste it here :) 

Image result for hallelujah meme

• Like 13