Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@joyezz  I want to see the BTS of that cherry blossom hat-off scene. That must be very very fun to film. And dang it with the black clothes I already imagine Lee Dong-wook and Yoo In-na in some hot spy film. Imagine the potentials...

EDIT: I haven't responded to the whole "Kim Eun-sook rejection" uproar because it hits too close to home. I've been rejected many times at my workplace, too, and like @Puppywookie, I'm only a year younger than him so this is depressing and for a year I was really depressed to the point of contemplating suicide. But his story has inspired me not to give up, to persevere more. 

Also, @giegie and @chaterinegunawan We're from the same frustrating, I mean lovely, country that starts with "I", aren't we?

Edited by selenette
  • Like 11

@joyezz It's weird but I was thinking how handsome he is in that scene when the hat was falling from hit hat. I've got goosebumps. :wub: But then I've moved after WangSun acting in that scene. Like @selenette mentioned, I would love to see bts of shooting this scene. It must be funny and a bit painful to Wookie 

Have you prepared tissues, gals? More angst is coming. So far WangSun is the most tragic couple from KES's :tears:

His eyes here:tears:

ezgif_com_video_to_gif_38.gif

• Like 7

anyway guys!! i just watched the 11th epsiode of Goblin (because i had to wait for the english subtitle version to come out) and it was not so exciting episode because wangsun scenes are not that much but finally he admitted his real identity. and i have seen some of the 12th episode scenes about WangSun and it seemed that Wang Yeo asked Sunny to let him kiss her. I. CANNOT. WAIT.

• Like 9

@MaysoonD Thanks for LDW's newest article, loveeee on honest and witty LDW is! His doing nothing hobby is definitely our hobbies too. LOL

@triplem Hotel King was great! You could see how rich LDW's emotional acting at HK. But it was a weekend drama which consist of more eps than usual. If you have enough spare time and ready for a melodrama and intense plot, HK is a good option. But if you have less time and just wanna have a fun watching, you could pick Wild Romance first. LDW was so fun and had good comedic moments at WR.

@selenette yes, you're right! OMOOO... since English isn't our first language, I must applauded you for such a great interpretation and analysis for Goblin so far

@Princi_86 how's K-netz respons for LDW's acting during newest eps? I was happy when reading many positive comments for LDW's last week 3 seconds appearance. Since today he got almost 90 seconds during epilogue which portrayed his sadness, I hope the respons also positive

• Like 8

I thought  i'd post this here instead of the drama thread. For me, especially in this episode, LDW really stole the show with his superb acting:

Credit to IG owner:

Wow, you guys, I'm blown away. Wookie was absolutely brilliant and spectacular in the latest episode. 

Tonight's emotional scenes with Wookie moved me deeply and reminded me why we're such huge fans of his. I loved seeing him in deep, emotional roles like Hotel King and La Dolce Vita, and the roles he took on in those dramas will remain among my favourites, but I feel that he has truly outdone himself in this drama. We've heard so much about how his dedication to this role has inspired his co-stars, but to see his hard work and efforts translate into such skillfully executed scenes was so amazing to watch. His crying scenes in this drama, in particular today's episodes, were so powerful, and might just top the ones in his previous dramas, even though they were greatly done. It's difficult to put into words, but I feel that there's a sense of deepened maturity in his emotional scenes in this drama. Also, he juggles the many facets of his character so wonderfully. The Grim Reaper is cool and focused while he's on reaper duty, cute while he's with Sunny, adorable and funny while he's with KS, ET and DH, and now we see that he's experiencing a lot of pain and guilt while his past is slowly being revealed to him. Such a multilayered character and he's nailing it so well. The young king had sinned so greatly, but he's able to endear viewers to the present Grim Reaper and create a strong connection with viewers to make them root for him.

What makes it even more amazing is that so many viewers of the show are seeing it as well. The article on his stills has placed #1 on Naver, and after the episode aired his name was the #1 most searched term on Naver for a while. And Grim Reaper has trended at #3 and #7 on Twitter as well. And in response to today's emotional scenes, people are commenting that they are glad that they fought for this role. I'm so proud of him and I'm sure you all are too :tears:

Screenshot_1143.png

I loved every moment of this scene. I broke when he says to Sunny, his eyes brimming with tears and emotions, "I hope you at least have a happy ending" after he erases her memory of him. He loves her so much that even though he knows his story won't end well, he'd take himself out of her life if it means she could have a chance at happiness.

Screenshot_1139.png

Their kiss was sad yet so beautiful, almost like a farewell kiss. But what really got to me was after he asks that she forgets about him, he stretches out his hand to touch her face ever so gently, as if knowing that might be the last time he'll ever get to see her :tears:

Screenshot_1149.png

He looks a far cry from that all-powerful king he was once, but the torment, pain, and guilt written on his face and that he carries with every step he takes in the epilogue were so evident. You could tell how much he regrets his actions and grieves for the Queen. It evokes such a deep sense of empathy within me, making me wish he wasn't punished the way he was and makes me feel that he doesn't deserve what he's going to face soon--KS' wrath, Sunny being possibly hurt at the way he treated her in the past, etc.

Screenshot_1134.png

His tears in the closing scene of the epilogue... wow. He looks tormented at first, then the tears of pain and anguish take over. It's no wonder so many people are talking about this scene.

• Like 15

@winterdew very well written and beautiful insight! Indeed, if he could make viewers have empathy rather than blame him for his past action, it mean he succeed for delivering his WY character. WY already kicked CJW for my no 1 spot since last week. And I agreed that GR-WY is his best performance so far. Glad that finally he got the recognition he deserved, I think for the last remain eps, we'll see another spectacular and superb acting from LDW since the plots will be more intense too. Thanks a lot for informing us about K-netz comments too. Such a positive feedbacks like international fan had! RISE LDW RISE! 

How could a kiss made a very emotional-sad scene rather than happy mode? KES, LDW and YIN delivered it very well

• Like 12

Hi, friends! 

I have just finished watching ep 12. So far it was the best episode. I'm once again blown away by Wookie's acting. Now I understand why Wookie eagerly wanted to play Wangyeo. The character is the deepest and the most complicated one among other Goblin roles. As we know, everytime Wookie takes up a new role he challenges himself with absolutely different character to portray. He is such a rare versatile actor. I feel like a proud mom now. I'm so happy that public is finally recognizing and appreciating our Wookie's talent. 

• Like 12

@winterdew very well written. Hope soompi  publishes it.

My heart was bleeding for GR. LDW  owned the episode.

That Kiss scene, sad yet beautiful. I was with them in the past tearing up along with them

In the epilogue, His understated but effective delivery on regret, desire for forgiveness longing & love. This man has faucets for test ducts & can stream tears on call.

how can I not mention about the LDW in traditional robes. So ethereal :heart:

• Like 8

@giegie  Actually I came here for IELTS preparation LOL, because my writing band had decreased significantly. Btw everytime I listen to Raisa's "Kali Kedua" (For the Second Time), I want it soooo bad to be Wang Yeo and Sunny's happy ending LOL. I even imagine Wookie and Yoo In-na are the mv models.

Wookie really sold his scenes, as always.

• Like 8

D*** it. Our LEE DONG WOOK nailed it again! Honestly, the last part of Episode 12 really got me. He hooked me into his depression, guilt and sadness. 

tumblr_ojev0dqgsU1tmjt2ko9_400.gif

But hey! On the bright side, our Grim Reaper is not just a Grim Reaper but also IRONMAN! :joy: And it's making him more lovable! :love:

• Like 11