Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@mulankang hi :) wow how long does it takes you to watch all his filmography? I am a new fan,I have watched about 1/4 of his works only. I just follow everyone calling him Wookie hehe. Maybe someone else can explain to you :D Yea the range of characters he has played is really impressive.I hope he never change

30947509452_40b6f1d8ca_b.jpg

• Like 5

@mulankang I am a  new fan too of Wookie. Well, for why we call him Wookie, may be Dong Wook sounds too Korean & Wookie more international:grimace: I know, the explanation is lame!!!!

just like you, I watched  all his projects from Hanoi Bride. The all-nighters that I pulled to finish watching the projects were crazy though

Hope we all have a great time together watching the Grim Reaper in action:)

• Like 6

Sorry, guys for being not active lately. Will be back to the normal mode from Wednesday. 

Meanwhile I like this article. Everything is so clear and in right places, I like the way they've described the plot. I wonder where this website from? 

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/24022/20161118/flower-boys-gong-yoo-lee-dong-wook-swoons-fans-photo-stills.htm

Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook Swoon Fans in Recent Photo Stills of 'Goblin'

TVN's upcoming drama "Goblin" has been consistently dropping teasers and photo stills to enchant fans into anticipating the show. The production team of course makes good use of its star-studded cast by showcasing flower boys Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook in their roles.

"Goblin" centers in the story of Kim Shin, portrayed by Gong Yoo. Kim Shin is a goblin whose role is to protect souls however his character has soon become weary of his immortal life and therefore wants to end it. While living among humans, Kim Shin meets Wang Yeo. Wang Yeo, portrayed by Lee Dong Wook, is a grim reaper with deadly good looks. He's responsible for taking souls but he suffers from amnesia. These two mythical beings share a unique friendship with each other. Joining the two is a human named Yoo Deok Hwa, portrayed by Yook Sung Jae. Sung Jae is a chaebol heir whose family has been looking after the goblin for generations.

As much as the good-looking and talented actors are anticipated in the drama, the latest photo stills also featured the guys' respective leading ladies. Gong Yoo is paired with "Cheese in the Trap" actress Kim Go Eun. Go Eun will take on the role of Ji Eun Tak, a high school student who remains optimistic despite her painful reality. She ends up falling in love with the goblin and insists to be his bride. Meanwhile, Dong Wook is paired by "Queen In-hyun's Man" actress, Yoo In Na. In Na will take on the role of Sunny, a sexy chicken shop owner desired by all men. She later falls into a romantic relationship with the amnesiac grim reaper Wang Yeo.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Goblin" will tell the unique story of two romances, of friendship, of life and of death. Furthermore, the drama is highly anticipated not just because of the star-studded cast but also due to writer Kim Eun Sook who was behind k-drama hits "Lovers in Paris," "Secret Garden," "The Heirs," and "Descendants of the Sun" among others.

"Goblin" is set to premiere on December 2 on TVN.

• Like 7

I just finish watching My Girl for the second time. I like it more than the first time because this time I watch it as a huge fan of Wookie :)

Seol Gong Chan first appearance  which also the first time I saw him in drama

tumblr_ogwbc9qFIC1r9ilimo1_540.jpg

I was like wow the male lead is so handsome :D

how about you guys? In which drama you saw him in the first time? ^_^

from ep 125 Strong heart

tumblr_ogxc3xa6TW1r9ilimo1_540.jpg

• Like 6

Hi chingu ,i hope before goblin airing my schedule get smoother to be able to fangril with you .Ameen

@joyezz Hotel king .

@mulankang where are you ? what is your favorite character /drama  chingu ? regarding the name Wookie ,i don't know where it come from but i like it and it is easy to use .maybe his old fans can tell us but i think me and @Princi_86 are the oldest :grin:we are almost 3 years older but i guess @willenette may be older 

• Like 6

Have you seen this, chingus? I've translated through Google and it looks like Top-? of on-screen couples whos chemistry Koreans love the most. But why only at 75th place? :(( I thought that even though HK wasn't that popular in Korea they still love Wookie-Dahae tandem a lot in "My Girl". Even though MG isn't my fav drama of Wookie's but they really had great chemistry. And they should definately watch HK.   I want to see the whole least of couples. Probably most recent dramas' couples will be higher. If someone will find video or full list, please share it.;))

• Like 6

@Princi_86 I clicked love the photo at IG but I didn't know about the rank system. I agreed with you, maybe bcos the drama (HK and MG) were the old ones so our couple lost from the newest drama couples. His chemistry with LDH was magic during HK, yes, they were cute couple at MG but at HK, their chemistry is much better, both of them age like a fine wine.

@joyezz OMO.... Strong heart 125-126 was daebak! It was LDW first's appearance as MC and glad to know KJS and LJW also there to support him. As far I remember all of them (with Boom and younger brother of Park Shin Hye were friend during military). LDW also gained some weight at military and I loveeee a chubby LDW

Regarding LDW's name as Wookie, I don't know about the cute nickname, but usully, I call and write him as LDW not Wookie, Wookie sounds a bit weird maybe bcos there's also an actor who has similar name Lee Jin Wook (I also loved him before)

• Like 5

@Princi_86 Was HK not popular ? I thought the rating is quite good?

@giegie yea it was very nice of them to give him support at his first episode. I like that ep because they told stories from their army days. I hope he will gain some weight too.he doesn't have chubby face so he can afford to gain a few kg :) I don't know why he insist on keeping his current weight. A little under weight imo. Hopefully his next role require him to gain weight hehe

awwww

tumblr_ogtoaegkyR1vl5sslo4_400.gif

we would choose you too wookie~~:P

Strong Heart ep 127

tumblr_ogxqj8SM8U1r9ilimo1_540.jpg

so happy haha

• Like 7

@joyezz I watched MG before I was a Wookie fan 'cos was listed as  a classic. Frankly, felt all of them were over-acting except for LDW & Jun Ki. May be, I wasn't accustomed to Korean comedic mannerisms then. I loved the OST more than Wookie then:P

I liked LDW's looks in MG just for the fact that he didnt have the typical Korean flower boy look.

I love the scene where they both of them walk in the snow hand in hand & Wookie flashes a smile. That was the first time I felt he is so handsome

But it was TROS which did the magic!!!

9MfAqxll.jpg

pShE2N6l.jpg

• Like 6

@lucifercorner I used to watch Japanese and Taiwanese comedy so I used to that kind of comedy. same like you,after MG I wasn't a fan yet but I like his non flower boys looks haha so I check out his other works.after SOAW and HK I became a fan :) after Roommate and TROS I became a big fan. 

First appearance in SOAW ^_^

tumblr_ogxuouTyZH1r9ilimo1_540.jpg

noticed him and interested at him because of his looks 

became a fan because of his acting

became a huge fan because of his personality  :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lucifercorner said:

I liked LDW's looks in MG just for the fact that he didnt have the typical Korean flower boy look.

I love the scene where they both of them walk in the snow hand in hand & Wookie flashes a smile. That was the first time I felt he is so handsome

But it was TROS which did the magic!!!

Indeed, TROS was my turn on button for LDW's sweetness. His interaction with Daebak definitely became my turning moment as his fan. LOL I watched MG a long time ago but never a fan of him. After his appearance at TROS, I kinda obsessed with this super sweet samchon. I watched Roommate after that, and then HK, RM, and some of his previous works.

3 hours ago, joyezz said:

I like that ep because they told stories from their army days. I hope he will gain some weight too.he doesn't have chubby face so he can afford to gain a few kg :) I don't know why he insist on keeping his current weight. A little under weight imo. Hopefully his next role require him to gain weight hehe

He said he's the type who easily gained/loss weight at that eps, right? I found this pic during their military days where LDW gained some weight, but well, I still think his cheek a lil chubby but still a cuteeeeeee one!

militrary-20101014.jpg

• Like 5

@zagigirl Chingu, if you will feel yourself uncomfortable in drama's thread wearing obvious avatar or banner, then you should skip this idea. ;) Right now I think almost everybody in that thread are so obvious lol. Even if they're wearing different avatar you still can easily recognize who's GY fan, who's Wookie's and who is KGE's. I haven't seen YIN or YSJ fans but admirers yes. I need definately change avatar haha cos mine is too old, but I want to wait for smth light and funny with Wang Yeo, but if there will be smth sexy as well...who knows :wub:

@joyezz let's try to discuss Wang Yeo in Goblin's thread, chingu. Maybe somebody from the thread will join convo. I have some wholes with info we've got on both Wang Yeo, Sunny and Wang Yeo's line with Eun Tak. :blink:

As to HK yes, it has been underrated in Korea both in terms of ratings and buzz.:((( Successful drama in that timeslote starts from 20%. You can check HK's ratings here. They were not bad, but average and the fact that neither Wookie nor Dahae, nor drama itself has got award for HK means that drama hasn't been considered successful by MBC.:(( I remember my frustration. I was watching awards live. I think that challenge made even bigger fan from me. 
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Hotel_King/Episode_Ratings

@giegie I like chubby Wookie so much. Yes, he can loose few kilos on those army pics but still so adorable.  Btw regarding his shorten name Wookie ( @mulankang has asked about) as far as I know it was LDW's international fans who has started to use this shorten name. there are some old vids after MG when Wookie has been asked how does he find such creative nickname which fans created for him. And my Korean friend (his fan) says that it's true and he was ever first Wookie and Korean fans like this nickname as well. But later LJW has developed his career, later JCW and their fans has used the same nickname. Nothing bad about it since the part of name "Wook" is similar. That's maybe why for me is ok to call him Wookie even though the fans of other Wook-s call their biases the same. And for me it's simply easier to type Wookie then LDW. Haha

As for that Top-100 kisses, there are so many different ratings in Korea, somewhere LDW-LDH couple could get higher place. For example at the end of 2014 KBS has made review of the best kisses (if I'm not mistaken there were 5 kisses mentioned) and ChaMo three-step kiss has been mentioned in that listened though HK has been airing on different competitive channel.

@lucifercorner you have mentioned LOTBS that they're hitting time slote, but nothing is clear if it will become another hit like DOTS (or even bigger) or will be critisized further by knetz. To become successful drama needs both huge ratings and positive buzz. Anyway let's hope Goblin won't be critisized and ratings will be decent.

@mulankangwelcome back! Everybody and mee too are curious which dramas have impressed you the most. ^^ 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Princi_86 said:

@zagigirl Chingu, if you will feel yourself uncomfortable in drama's thread wearing obvious avatar or banner, then you should skip this idea. ;) Right now I think almost everybody in that thread are so obvious lol. Even if they're wearing different avatar you still can easily recognize who's GY fan, who's Wookie's and who is KGE's. I haven't seen YIN or YSJ fans but admirers yes. I need definately change avatar haha cos mine is too old, but I want to wait for smth light and funny with Wang Yeo, but if there will be smth sexy as well...who knows :wub:

Oh no my chingu...nothing can stop me of showing my afection twds LDW ...what worries me i might ignore other mail lead :P

I have nothing against anybody there really...cast i mean...but whats first is first ;)...but feel a bit of remorse, this is the first drama i already started with prejudices...can't recognize myself...will try to get grip of myself till december the second :)

• Like 6

On 18.11.2016 at 10:13 PM, MaysoonD said:

@mulankang welcome back chingu ,

what is you favorite project ?

I am looking forward to him in goblin i love the fact that dramatroll is one of Wookie's fan ,and she is gonna troll uri grim reaper .

Hi everyone! Will reply all who're interested in my favorite project. That's so hard to choose, because all his dramas are so different. 

Let's range them (my Top 5):

My favorite will be Bubblegum because it's less Korean drama and for me as new in this world, it was easier to understand. I love the storyline and lines, narration. Couple was really nice as well, but lack of romantic scenes with them :( I would love to watch more then 16 episodes to see their relationships more. For sure I will watch this drama again.

Then I will choose Hoel King. Too long to watch,  but when I remember American dramas they're much more longer. I like Dong Wook's character there, it is the deepest among his dramas but I also understand that it's 32 episodes drama and they had 32 episodes to show a lot of layers. The same with couple. I really love their relationships because we have been shown build up, growth and development of them. I value build up the most in dramas. You can't include it in 16-episode drama. And I like how they looked together. I think their visuals are matching very good. I can tell the same about Bubblegum and Partner, but I prefer clothes and overall look of the actress in Hotel King.

Then will go The Partner. I simply like the storyline very much. Mature relationships and entertaining cases which they have been solving. I liked couple and their mature relationships and I think lovely dovely moments would ruin that dramas spirit, so it was well balanced for my taste.

Wild Romance then. Another drama with great storyline. When I started to watch it I had bad impression because of both Dong Wook's character's behavior and female character's, but I ended up loving them to the maximum. They were so sweet that I can excuse them lack of romantic moments.

Scent of a Woman. Of course his looks there are fantastic, and I love his character there. But I don't like female lead. I understand that they had very good chemistry, but her beauty is not my type. But the storyline itself was very good and I like the ending.

Other dramas either haven't impressed me much or it was too heavy to watch. I will try to watch again Bittersweet Life, because I had cried a rivers during this drama so I even didn't have chance to look deeper into Dong Wook's acting and couple. But I understand that if I have cried that much, then they have impressed me. But can't put it now in my Top 5. Too frustrating ending.

Regarding tv shows, I can't handle Roommate and I am always fast forwarding other people moments. But I swoon when Dong Wook is appearing. He's treasure. After watching that show with kids and Roommates I can easily make a conclusion that he's definitely boyfriend, husband and father goal. His wife will be the happiest woman in this world. Sorry if I sound too exaggerating. 

On 19.11.2016 at 7:07 AM, joyezz said:

@mulankang hi :) wow how long does it takes you to watch all his filmography? I am a new fan,I have watched about 1/4 of his works only. I just follow everyone calling him Wookie hehe. Maybe someone else can explain to you :D Yea the range of characters he has played is really impressive.I hope he never change

Hi! I think it took me a little bit more then 1 month (maybe 1,5) to watch everything but I have spent almost all weekends and sometimes nights to watch another, then another episode. What about you? Which dramas have you watched already?

Thank you everyone for explaining me the weaning of Wookie, I will try to use this still strange for me word more. 

And I am waiting for first ongoing drama in my life (except American shows). I don't know what I need to do. Help me with advice, please!

• Like 5

On 11/18/2016 at 8:34 PM, mulankang said:

Can someone explain me why you're calling him Wookie? Is it common Korean short name for Dong Wook?

Don't know exactly about Korea...but for me it's just from Wook but affectionately..i like it :)

On 11/19/2016 at 4:45 PM, joyezz said:

how about you guys? In which drama you saw him in the first time? ^_^

Hotel King...thats why i joined Soompi  :D...at that time here was  @willenette active mostly

Then came almost all of his past projects :)

• Like 5

@zagigirl we share the same destiny when it comes to joining soompie :blush: remember we first met in HK thread :heart: i miss that thread  ,we had alot of fan arts and fan videos . hopefully we have the same in goblin .

another thing it is okay to have a little prejudice and discremination :grin:it is Wookie afterall .

@mulankang you too choose a profile pic lets see what is your best ?:grin:btw my best are also BG and HK respectively 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, MaysoonD said:

@zagigirl we share the same destiny when it comes to joining soompie :blush: remember we first met in HK thread :heart: i miss that thread  ,we had alot of fan arts and fan videos . hopefully we have the same in goblin .

another thing it is okay to have a little prejudice and discremination :grin:it is Wookie afterall .

Those were the days :)...drama was excellent...many people were there...we did go over 1000 pages...

Hope for Goblin too :)

• Like 5

On 19 ноября 2016 г. at 7:19 PM, MaysoonD said:

Hi chingu ,i hope before goblin airing my schedule get smoother to be able to fangril with you .Ameen

@joyezz Hotel king .

@mulankang where are you ? what is your favorite character /drama  chingu ? regarding the name Wookie ,i don't know where it come from but i like it and it is easy to use .maybe his old fans can tell us but i think me and @Princi_86 are the oldest :grin:we are almost 3 years older but i guess @willenette may be older 

@MaysoonD Chingu, has missed your comment. Oh yes, we're the oldest here with @willenette and @zagigirl Good old times haha. But I prefer how it's going on now, since we have gang here to chat. When I first came here I was lurking quite a lot without registration and I remember this thread was quite silent. I was wondering why haha. I'm glad that now it's so lively here. ^^

And I'm so glad to know that all here have different but still so similar stories of how we've fallen for Wookie's charms :D

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Oh no my chingu...nothing can stop me of showing my afection twds LDW ...what worries me i might ignore other mail lead :P

I have nothing against anybody there really...cast i mean...but whats first is first ;)...but feel a bit of remorse, this is the first drama i already started with prejudices...can't recognize myself...will try to get grip of myself till december the second :)

@zagigirl Chingu, why do you have prejudices? Because you're not fan of main leads and already biased towards Wookie? Oh for me it's a first time situation when Wookie is not the lead and it will be really hard to adapt myself to the environment where most of people will be loving another guy from drama, not Wookie. Cos I do believe there will be added tons of people who'll fall for KES's superhero lead (as it has happened with all her latest dramas). I have nothing against GY(I even loved "Hello my teacher" so much) and KGE (She was the only reason I have watched Cheese in the trap) and I'm actually glad that Wookie has chosen Grim Reaper role, and I believe that same as DOTS I will enjoy second couple storyline a lot, but still I feel myself uncomfortable and I hope for peace in Goblin's thread and it won't be like one group of fans against another ignoring each other. :(( And like you've and @MaysoonD said it will be another fun thread with lots of discussions, fan arts and fan videos. What save us here is bromance. We may be or may not be fans of each other's  pairing or character but bromance can unite us. ^^ 

• Like 5