Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

8 hours ago, longleg said:

I've read in Gong Yoo's soompi page that Wookie accepted the grim re

@longleg yes, I have read it as well but in Goblin's thread. 

I will double check with Korean friend to be sure. But why there is no official statement out? Oh. 

• Like 3

Wookie is confirmed for "Goblin". 

http://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?aid=0000479652&oid=382&rankingDate=20160610&rankingType=default&lightVersion=off

Our Korean chingu Wishbone has recaped this article. It is said that it will be concentrated on bromance between Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook's charachters, who are so different but end up living together. They will get 2 females to form 2 couples (I'm so glad there won't be love triangle).

From other previous article, which has aired earlier:  The new drama by writer Kim Eunsook features the tale of a goblin and a grim reaper with amnesia who end up living together. Kim Ko eun is being considered for the main female lead and Lee Dong Wook has been chosen along with Gong you to be playing the roles of the two male leads.

From other article it is said that drama will be pre-produced and filmed partly in Canada:  Goblin will be pre-filmed with the goal of being broadcast on tvN in November. Gong you, Lee Dong Wook , and Kim Goeun have been cast.

As you can see, it seems that there will be two male leads, but of course they can't be totally equal leading males, since it's kdramas, thus Gong Yoo will be more leading (and as for now the drama is called "Goblin", as Gong Yoo's charachter). But this drama's premise reminds me a little "49 days" where there were 2 female leads and drama was concentrated on their storylines and their growing friendship, while lovelines were secondary in that story. I hope that "Goblin" will appear to be the same but about men.

Oh, and I'm waiting for future Wookie's lady. Who will be casted?:phew:

But we will see him in November! Hurray!

• Like 4

thank u for good news and please share it to Goblin drama page and i'll share it to gong yoo page :):)

and for these good news this is an old video of gong yoo and lee dong wook while serving at military service :wub:

introduction from Gong Yoo, host of the program " the guest for this evening is Mr Lee Dong Wook, the latest face joins the PR unit in the army, he is an actor, he is good in acting. same as Gong Yoo , he is now a NSman "

Wookie caught a flu. he found the most taxing task so far is the 30km walk.

They talked about the army life. They do not get used to the army life easily as they are not the ordinary NS guys and and Gong Yoo is giving Wookie some tips on that. 

Wookie felt that Gong Yoo is like an elder brother to him and Gong Yoo looks exactly the same in person as the image he always has of him.

then, Gong Yoo read out smses sent to the radio station from Lee Dong Wook's fans. a lot of smses received, mostly saying that they miss Wookie , they will be waiting for his return and encouraging him to keep it up 

Gong Yoo received an award during his training as such he was granted an extra day off on top of his normal leave. Well, Wookie has also won an award during his training period 

Wookie's fans wrote letters to his mates in the training centre.

His nickname at his fans club is Captain. Gong Yoo is glad to see the close ties of Wookie with his fans.

now, this is the most exciting news Gong Yoo says this to Wookie, " i am not sure but you might be my successor ... " - note, Gong Yoo has been one of the hosts with the army radio station and he will discharge from NS around mid December this year

GY asked if DW reported to the Korea Defense's media agency immediately after his 5 weeks training? DW answered, yes. as this is the first time being interviewed on air since enlisted, DW looked a bit nervous. 

DW's family members include his mum and sis, visited him the week before. DW has told his sis that he misses Coke and chocolate pies, as such his sis brought him a lot of tibbits.

• Like 4

@princess nour90 thanks for sharing,it is very sweet of you  ,we gonna meet alot from now on :) 

@Princi_86 i know it sounds good for Wookie to be a part of promising drama for popular writer and with awesome cast but why it feel like a bittersweet taste ,it is a korean drama after all that stick with a traditional hirerachy and as u said it names after The main character .at least the name reflect that bromance between the goblin and grim reaper .anyway wish him and all the crew all the success .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like 3

Lee Dong Wook To Join Gong Yoo In “Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama Lee Dong Wook To Join Gong Yoo In “Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama

Actor Lee Dong Wook has been confirmed to join Gong Yoo as part of the main cast of new tvN drama “Goblin” (working title).

Gong Yoo will play a servant who is stabbed by his master’s sword but does not die and transforms into a goblin who lives eternally. Lee Dong Wook will play a king who dies unwittingly and wakes up as the angel of death. The two characters coincidentally end up living together and develop a close friendship despite their bickering.

Two female cast members, whom have yet to confirmed, will round out the main cast as Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook’s couple counterparts. Actress Kim Go Eun previously confirmed in late May that she was looking over one of the female roles.

Written by Kim Eun Sook, whose hit dramas include “Heirs,” “Secret Garden,” “Lovers in Paris,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Goblin” is slated to premiere in November of this year on tvN.

What are your thoughts on the casting so far? Whom would you like to see as the female leads?

Thanks to Princi_86 for the tip!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/10/lee-dong-wook-to-join-gong-yoo-in-descendants-of-the-sun-writers-new-drama/

@Princi_86 thnx our dear chingu ,

• Like 4

On 5 June 2016 at 11:13 PM, longleg said:

Wookie looks smoking hot with beard. Also, thats skirt looks good on him, if someone else was wearing that skirt, i bet it'd be weird tho! Haha 

I'm so jealous of the fans who saw/met him. :blush: 

By the way, how did the fans know Wookie's whereabouts? I saw many fan taken photos and videos on IG and was wondering how the fans found him. Or does the agency or news tell public locations of photoshoot?

HI longleg, I can say that I'm one of those lucky fans who saw him up close some years back. :P

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, longleg said:

@willenette lucky you!!! I've been to Seoul severel times but didn't see anyone famous. :( so next time before i go, i'll have die-hard fans teach me how to find Wookie! :P

Hi longleg actually, I saw him up close when he visited our place some years back. Like you, I've been to Seoul many times & I got my chance once in a while, seeing some idols & celebrities. Sometimes I see them in popular shopping malls, popular restos, Incheon airport & random places. But, my encounters with them have been few and far between. For you maybe it seemed like it was impossible. But no, seeing your K-Pop idols or your bias in the flesh has now gotten a bit easier since K-Pop is so big that they have concerts in countries outside Korea. Who knows LDW will visit your side in the future.  And a lot of K-pop stars don’t have too much free time to just go out whenever they want, what with their busy schedules and all. So is it really possible to see them on the public streets in Korea? The answer is yes maybe if you keep your eyes peeled for them. hahaha - But it’s not going to be easy. It’s much more likely you’ll see a cardboard cut out of your favorite actor or celebrity before you see them in person! Try to frequent Gangnam - that’s where a lot of the K-pop stars live or film dramas/movies or even CFs. Or  Apgujeong-dong: it's a really famous/expensive part of Seoul. Not necessarily the MOST expensive, but it's quite pricey, so lots of celebrities go around here to go shopping. Lots of actresses/models shop at Hyundai Department Store in Apgujeong-dong. Or  Chungdam-dong: it's another really famous/expensive part of Seoul. Actually, Apgujeong-dong and Chungdam-dong are fairly close to each other. You have a higher chance of seeing KPOP stars or celebs here, because most of them live here. Chungdam-dong is also where lots of management companies are located, such as SM Entertainment, JYP, and lots more. Lots of fans wait in front of JYP's company because it's located literally at the corner of a cramped street, with a cafe conveniently located right smack in front of the doors. Also, Everysing, SM's karaoke/noraebang is located in Chungdam-dong (known as Rodeo Street), so you can visit there - hahaha.  So, never give up your hopes - good luck, dear. :P

• Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 1:53 AM, MaysoonD said:

Lee Dong Wook To Join Gong Yoo In “Descendants Of The Sun” Writer’s New Drama

Actor Lee Dong Wook has been confirmed to join Gong Yoo as part of the main cast of new tvN drama “Goblin” (working title).

Gong Yoo will play a servant who is stabbed by his master’s sword but does not die and transforms into a goblin who lives eternally. Lee Dong Wook will play a king who dies unwittingly and wakes up as the angel of death. The two characters coincidentally end up living together and develop a close friendship despite their bickering.

Two female cast members, whom have yet to confirmed, will round out the main cast as Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook’s couple counterparts. Actress Kim Go Eun previously confirmed in late May that she was looking over one of the female roles.

Written by Kim Eun Sook, whose hit dramas include “Heirs,” “Secret Garden,” “Lovers in Paris,” “Descendants of the Sun,” “Goblin” is slated to premiere in November of this year on tvN.

What are your thoughts on the casting so far? Whom would you like to see as the female leads?

Thanks to Princi_86 for the tip!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/10/lee-dong-wook-to-join-gong-yoo-in-descendants-of-the-sun-writers-new-drama/

@Princi_86 thnx our dear chingu ,

Hi Maysoon, thanks for sharing this. Finally...........LDW is taking this drama. I couldn’t be more thrilled.  I thought all along he wouldn’t do it since reportedly Gong Yoo’s character is a goblin. His character sounds like he’d have major beef with LDW. Well, it’s been a while I got excited for LDW's project! :P

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 3:55 AM, MaysoonD said:
out

our traveler

Maysoon, oh, this is out already, huh? Thanks for sharing the picture.  He looks like a rock star here. - hahaha. He could pull-off this kind of look and that’s all that matters. LDW is freaking handsome & HOT sporting that facial hair. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

On 6/11/2016 at 6:14 AM, MaysoonD said:

@princess nour90 thanks for sharing,it is very sweet of you  ,we gonna meet alot from now on :) 

@Princi_86 i know it sounds good for Wookie to be a part of promising drama for popular writer and with awesome cast but why it feel like a bittersweet taste ,it is a korean drama after all that stick with a traditional hirerachy and as u said it names after The main character .at least the name reflect that bromance between the goblin and grim reaper .anyway wish him and all the crew all the success .:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Maysoon, awww........can’t wait for November. I am so pumped up waiting for this drama. It's been quite a while since his last K-drama.So, I'm looking forward to more of LDW here.  I am actually excited to see him to be back on my screen… I hope the casting for the female counterpart of his character will be revealed soon. :P I hope this drama will do well (for LDW’s sake) . I'm getting way too excited for this - hahaha. Fighting "Goblin!" :P

• Like 3

On 6/19/2016 at 2:15 AM, MaysoonD said:

Wookie was hosting one of his friend wedding

Hi MaysoonD, thanks for sharing the wedding photos. I can’t get enough of how lovely LDW looks in this event. :P

June 20, 2016

5 upcoming dramas that air this year

In the first half of this year, the drama “Descendants of the Sun” hit the jackpot across Asia.

While it remains to be seen whether another drama this year will achieve as big a success, here are some upcoming contenders:

“Goblin”

Popular actors Gong Yoo, Lee Dong-wook and up-and-coming actress Kim Go-eun are expected to show off great chemistry in this new tvN drama.

Kicking off in November, the drama was written by scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook who was behind the drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

July come fast we have Singles magazine pictorial and our samshon is back , seems he is missed already 

Hi MaysoonD so, the magazine is coming out next month yet? (July) - Thanks for the info - In the magazine LDW mentioned that he really loves doing variety shows. Ever since he was young, he wanted to be the host of a talk show with his name in the show's title. Just by looking at him, you may think that he is a man of few words. Who would ever thought that this man loves doing such shows as variety where all you do in the show is talk. But I know that when he speaks, he makes a lot of sense. Can't wait to see more of his pictorial cuts much more that he shot this in BKK. It's a good place. Besides, he knows about fashion. And this you can see how he dresses up. :P   

• Like 1