Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

@Princi_86 No wonder his name is not included on the new cover. With my limited Chinese I can still recognize his name in kanji. Hic hic no Oppa this month for fashion magazine but at least we still have the Japanese article which I don't know how much he'll be featured there. I won't hope much.

DBRuSACVYAAuhY7.jpg

DBRuRIwU0AAIfYm.jpg

DBSQt0jVoAA6Ffc.jpg

LOL I thought Oppa has new lipstick CF. Him in red suit carrying tiny red stick hahahahahaha. He looks SO HOT though. He should film a CF for Korean chilli or some samjang product hahaha. He looks so good in red.... and in any color actually.

Oppa for ginseng product Cheonkwanjang in Chinese speaking regions, the Korean National Ginseng brand. Oh, is it the one sponsoring most KDramas and we saw the ad in the beginning of each drama? The product which endorsed by so many KActors before? Correct me if I'm wrong. All ginseng look the same for me haha. Wow if LDW got this ad for SK as well and he will be featured in the beginning of HIS OWN new drama later, it will be AWESOME and I'll be dutifully watch all the ads waiting for him. I hope he will have more ads before his new drama. So he can sponsor his own project. But the ginseng product is so smaaaaall... hahahahahahhaha, which is good for our eyes. Leedongwookaddicts has nicely translated the article from Naver in more detailed.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, noname111 said:

Wake up early in the morning and see this...

I don't know if I'm craving for breakfast or for the guy. I think it's THE guy. Oppa is so handsome I miss him so much (waaaaaaa...this weekend I can't see him).

Anyway, thanks everyone for enjoying my recap. My face was like this when reading your replies....

DBOtYbaUwAAxZYP?format=jpg&name=large

@giegie @MaysoonD I'm happy that I can be your source of happiness. Haha about Japan FM, I'll try my best to share the experience here. And there will be 4 of us here in this thread going there, as far as I know, so please don't burden me hahahahaha. Just joking. And the Taiwan FM, hhhhmmmmm.... I'm considering it, but can't promise. My Chinese is super weak. And not sure about my travel schedule, it's troublesome. But thinking that I myself have survived and enjoyed BKK FM, I'll probably give it a try. Let's see then. And Marie Claire Taiwan is supposed to be out today. Hope we'll see some kind souls out there posting them on internet.

And welcome @deurinlee I went to JKT FM as well and I enjoyed it SO MUCH. Hehe.

Thank you for the welcome! I also enjoy your report soooo much hahaha you are freaking funny :lol: I would choose Wookie over pizza! get to see his face every morning would be the best thing happens in life hahahah

On 6/1/2017 at 9:37 AM, giegie said:

@deurinlee Indeed! when did hi touch, I just shocked and feel like my hand is like a hobbit one and he's the big human. LOL. Yes, I gave him my personal gift, but the best gift from dongwookholic INA was the trophy and fan vids (I just hopeeeee his management will check USB card and find out it consist of 6 mins video which more appropriate to watch.LOL)

@willenette Yes, I also feel his FM was so intimate! I don't regret to exchange my Coldplay's chance to him. LOL

@joyezz You know that's he's a real man then! I think for man, his hand is quite good, not so rough but still, his hand was so big and I amazed by that (and by his big smile too). LOL

@kler2009 I don't think he did a recent radio interview but few days ago @intrariver said he'll be guesting at Happy Together special 500th eps. I watched last week eps but he didn't show up/have called by any hosts. Maybe for tonight eps, Se Ho will call him and just hopeeee he'll be show up even if it's just for 10 mins. YIN (together with IU) already received call at last week eps and maybe they'll appear tonight.

Just little info from Indonesia's media (Bintang) during his presscon few weeks ago which I found very sweet, the same Bintang reporter from 10 years ago got chance to interview him again and she brought her old pic when she interviewed him 10 years ago. First, she showed its to Wookie's staff and staff got surprised too and asked her to show it to Wookie when she had her interview's chance. When she finally showed the pic to Wookie, he felt so touched and asked is she really you? (the lady now is wearing hijab meanwhile 10 years ago she still showed her hair) she said yes. And then Wookie asked her first to take pics together again! He's the one who initiated first and the reporter was so happy bcos of that. I think it's definitely defined his personality, he never forget his long and tough journey and the fans who supporting him from back then

I got him a letter, like it was pretty long and in English, I really hope he would read and understand it lol :D yeah I could see his face when the vid was out, he was quite surprised but looked so happy <333

• Like 5

20 hours ago, kler2009 said:

Lee Dongwook Would Like to Try to be a Radio DJ?

Lee Dongwook reveled he would like to host a radio broadcast. 

During a radio broadcast, Lee Dongwook was asked if he wants to try being a radio DJ. He answered, "Of course I'd like to try being a radio DJ. I think the best thing about radio is communication with the audience. When we act in dramas or movies, we are not able to talk with fans. But on a radio broadcast, we can talk with fans and the audience. And I love this atmosphere like a family gathering. But there is one concern. Because my main job is an actor, I'm worried about neglecting my duties." 

Watch the video above to see more.
Source: [Youtube] KBS CoolFM

I honestly don't understand what he says, but I got so happy that I can see his face and hear him talk :lol:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, joyezz said:

KES has seen many popular actors and she think Wookie is the most handsome hehehe

He is the most handsome man I've ever seen too :wink:

Omg this is so true. He is the most handsome. And its is also true that he doesn't look Korean in some ways. I have showed his pictures to my friends because I can't stop talking about him and they all asked if his parents are somehow half western or something hahahahah

• Like 5

Wow!!! Thanks everyone for the wonderful fanmeeting recaps and updates.. Princi_86 fanmeeting summary made me want to go back and read again all the fanmeeting reports starting from Seoul:D

I found out the radio interview was back in 2016:) but since I liked listening to it, his laugh and his voice although I don't understand it, I will share the videos here..

I guess it can be this month a year ago, the interview was on 260516 (close to June):tongue:

the first video was deleted

• Like 3

6 years ago this month, Wookie YTN interview 

Some Translation provided by a fan

Q) Anchors: Who is perfect military man constitution? Mr. Lee Joongi ... because it's certain that he is very well organized. And he's pretty much ready to try to distinguish between public and private life. We have been working in the same industry, and age is about the same but look at from senior and junior fellow relationship, sometimes successor but older and it may be a bit complicated relationship. In fact there is a little keen things but this friend, JG organize well in the middle. at 13:06-13:18 (In the talk of My Girl) LDW: I couldn't become very close with Mr. LJG as much as I expected while working in "My Girl" . but became close a lot because we shared military life. Thus it was really happy and felt like being able to continue a relationship again in this way. (Trans by Miho)
  • Like 3

YTN Star's interview with Lee Dong Wook, plus some footages on the making of JED's music video

ETN's interview with Lee Dong Wook, plus some footages on the making of JED's music video

Arirang Showbiz interview

10 years ago this month

• Like 3

@Princi_86 Thanks for the comprehensive summary for his 5 FMs, Princi! Very well written and honest. I agreed his SG presscon's look was so wonderful, the way he smiled during that sunny day made him look like a real angel, LOL. His presconn mood at SG and HK was the best too! Anyway, I forgot to tell you that during Jak FM, we couldn't bring any camera (pocket/mirroless/DSLR to the all) or any tablet phones so the quality of pics was bad bcos most of them was only took by phone only. We didn't ask for TT dance bcos maybe half of audience will be passed out if he did that since his small gesture of licking his lips already made us screamed a LOT. LOL. For his next FM, I think Japan will gonna be a blast too, cmiiw, he held FM at Japan before, so I believe he'll have a loyal fanbase there.

@noname111 Thanks for the ginseng ads info and pics! Ahahahaha yes, it look like a lipstick for me too! Is it the same ginseng brand like JJS? So he'll be a ginseng ambassador for chinese region only, not for SK since they already has their own ambassador? Ginseng brands is good option tho since he'll have lots of free ginseng and make him strong but I always want him to be a car ambassador (an european car)

@longleg @joyezz Thanks for the info! OMOOO.... I'm conflicted here. First, I don't want him to be at KES project for the next one but after read her new story, it sound so good! Imagine Wookie in noir wardrobe at 40s! OMO!! Plus I loveeeeeee the way KES described Wookie from the tidbits above! She sound like a fangirl like us doesn't she? We already discussed how he had european look/Scandinavian/Johnny Depp ect, ahahahaha. And the way she described his charm at set, we already knew he's the source of laughter the set, the way LEB-Wookie / Wookie-GY's interaction at BTS already proved how easy going and fun Wookie was!

@deurinlee Yes, he didn't have a typical korean face so that's why some of us fell in love with him bcos his different manly look not the kind of flower/cute image.

@kler2009 Thankyou for the youtubes link! Idk if he and LJK entered the army at same time! Wookie's blonde hair at PAT was such a refreshing moment, he definitely looked like a total european indeed!

• Like 4

@longleg @giegie KES next drama does sound interesting but I don't think she will cast Wookie in the leading role. She will try to get the hard to get actors like Won Bin (she has mentioned it before).to show her power and to create buzz.If she wants to cast Wookie as second lead,I'd rather Wookie won't take it because we know how she treats second leads <_<

I am sure there are other talented writers who would want to cast him in leading roles :)

• Like 9

@joyezz yes, I read she's eyeing Won Bin and KDW to make them come back to dramaland with her new project. But seeing WB is very picky since 10 years ago and KDW's family tied with Japanese, I don't think both of them will choose KES project, LMH also out of option since he's now in military. YAI could be the option but he's at his 30s and facing active/civil duty for 2017/2018. DB discussion made some assumption about JIS/JJS as the main lead since from the character description it's a story about guy in his 30s which made KSH/PBG wouldn't be the option. Maybe I'm too greedy and delusional but reading her title Mr Sunshine, it's definitely defined Wookie's charm, LOL, he's the sunshine for us, doesn't he?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, giegie said:

@joyezz yes, I read she's eyeing Won Bin and KDW to make them come back to dramaland with her new project. But seeing WB is very picky since 10 years ago and KDW's family tied with Japanese, I don't think both of them will choose KES project, LMH also out of option since he's now in military. YAI could be the option but he's at his 30s and facing active/civil duty for 2017/2018. DB discussion made some assumption about JIS/JJS as the main lead since from the character description it's a story about guy in his 30s which made KSH/PBG wouldn't be the option. Maybe I'm too greedy and delusional but reading her title Mr Sunshine, it's definitely defined Wookie's charm, LOL, he's the sunshine for us, doesn't he?

@giegie Oh it was hard to bring cameras in both SG and BKK as well. They have confiscated them on entrance. I have managed to hide it both times cos I have small one and I put separately lens and camera in sunglasses bags and cases hah but they have confiscated it at the beggining of both fms when cought me taking shots.  But fans who're so called stalkers with huge lenses know some tricks and they know how to bring camera inside and how to snap pics carefully. that's why they don't buy tickets in first rows or aisle seats cos they have other mission haha (although one of his Korean fans who's pictures we all adore has lost  all taken pics in BKK cos has got caught by security). But I case of INA I was talking more about press then fans. Press can bring lenses inside both press con and Fm, but why almost all pics are like taken on Fancam... Press and fan pics are the only sourse of our happiness cos KKE are the worst agency ever (I'm sooo pissed with their unprofessionalism). After his overseas Fm tour have started they haven't released neith bts pics nor vids, they have barely posted few bts pics from his mags pictorials and absolutely nothing on his CFs. I respect Wookie's ties with KKE, but they can't maintain his popularity since they do nothing. :( Not talking about strengthen it. He has got GR's hit role by himself and that's how he has got CFs and FM tour. All they should do is to organize fms and maintain his top star status in Korea...which they don't do. I'm so mad oh.

As to your discussion about next KES drama @longleg @giegie @joyezz I have feeling that it will be JIS since he has sent love calls to KES and he matches the image of described character. Idk about JJS, I don't see him there as KES typical superhero lead. Another option is KSH before heading to army and they can still make him look a bit more mature. YAI is not KES's style for male lead, he's not that big. PBG...I hope she won't choose him otherwise I will be totally disapointed in KES. He's too young and fresh to be her male lead. From all of them I'd prefer JIS even though I will be dissapointed in him. After his outstanding drama and movie chices he will go to cheesy KES's writing. But who knows, maybe she will surprise this time and will change my mind about her leading characters. Then I will be ok if Wookie will become male lead in one of her future dramas B) haha

@giegie regarding ginseng CF. Yes, it's same brand as JJS is endorsing. But besides JJS (who endorses sticks only) there are 4-5 other actors who endorse other products. Among them LMH, actress from Personal Taste SYJ, main lead from Romantic Doctor and few others. This brand is more for foreigners (except some products) and Koreans says that it's the biggest ginseng brand in Korea but all ginseng brands are oriented on export. Thus you can see advertising mostly at Incheon duty free or at Myeondong specialized shops for tourists. So Wookie is chosen as their face for chinese speaking region, that means most likely it will be like Downy endorcement when his CF will be playing in certain countries, but not in Korea. :( And his promo pics will be used overseas. Although it's possible that his face will be at Incheon or Myeondong as well, since it's mostly for tourists. Knetz reaction on this news was priceless "Why not in Korea?", "I want him to be ambassador for Korea as well". Cos such endorsement means there might be fan signing events and they know it and regret that it's not for Korea. Actually here I don't like KKE strategy as well. Ecxept "On the air" he doesn't have any activities in Korea. They should pay more attention to the local market otherwise people will forget about him. Why not to do fan signing event with one of his existing brands? why not to make at least once a month Naver post with tons of HQ pics their photographer is taking during all of his Fms and shootings? So lame oh...

• Like 10

Girls, reading all of your posts made me feel like I should learn more about this entertainment industry kind of thing :lol: and its true KKE doesn't post pictures a lot about him and the pictures they posted on Instagram when wookie was in other countries were all taken by phone... like surely I was happy to see them all but HD picture is like the most wonderful thing for us.. and it also means that wookie is taken care of very well but that isn't the reality... 

And I dont know why i think I'm hilarious or weird but I laughed so hard at @Princi_86 who ended her emotional report with "oh..." :D don't know why its so funny and don't know why I need to say this hahaha 

Anyway Wookie in downy is very handsome.. I'll never get tired of seeing his face. hopefully he will cast in a great drama but if it wasn't a hit then it doesn't matter bcs we would all watch it wouldn't we :lol:

• Like 9

Hey all,

Interesting topic on KES next project. I think it should definitely be a hit since it has the same writer and director team working together again. Actually I also think Won Bin is someone matching her target lead man and he could fit someone who looks 'americanized' soldier look.

Personally, I don't really like Jo In Sung, I know he sucked up to KES and all, but he is an opportunist and deliberately hangs out with SJK and PBG because they are famous enough. However, I noticed in the last episode of Happy Together, when LDW was mentioned, he had this weird expression on his face like he didn't want to be associated with LDW although they had been in 'School' together and LDW had said nice things about him in previous interviews and nice to JIS mum during roommate...I guess he thinks LDW is below his tier of buddies, not sure how to read it, but it definitely was not a friendly look and he was very quiet, almost jealous when LDW was mentioned and especially when they praised him as grim reaper. But I think he has a good chance to be in KES new project as there are not a lot of good candidates standing out and he did suck up to her and I think he turned her down as Descendants of the Sun lead.  Anyways, if he does get selected I would probably not want to watch the new KES drama as JIS is not attractive to me and looks a bit manipulative and scheming, but that's my own opinion. I mean just look at the eyes, LDW eyes is full of kindness, his has something else there. JIS in a hero role would just not be believable to me.

I agree with Princi that his agency really sucks, even though he is working so hard without a break, travelling all over Asia, but someone has got to promote him at home too so his efforts can really count, especially with the short term memory of Kneitizens if he comes out with a drama at the end of the year, he may have already lost all the hype of goblin as they would have moved on to the next hot thing.  It would be sad if he gained so much popularity overseas but lost some of the core fans in Korea just because his agency fails to promote him on Naver and arrange events for him to show up at in Korea. Luckily he was smart to fight for a fan meeting in Seoul. Hopefully his agency can do more for him in Korea while his Korean fans wait for his next drama.

• Like 7

@Princi_86 @Puppywookie agree with you both about his company and i believe his program on Vlive will end by the end of his fan meetings tour

i can't help but worrying about his next project and i am sure it won't be with KES , and i am okay with that but i wish he play epic , heroic scenes in his next drama whether he would be a doctor or not i want to see him in pretty views with pretty actress

@Princi_86 thanks for your comprehensive recap , you and @noname111 and @giegie are awesome and each his own style thats why why we are always waiting for you all  , you all comprehensive , princi with informative and constructive vibe and giege has warm vibe while noname has a funny vibe .i wish your recaps with @winterdew which was warm as well and @Puppywookiewhich has quite lovable blaming vibe be put on the first page to be memorial for all Wookie's fans afterward

• Like 10