[Upcoming Drama 2024] The Judge from Hell, 지옥에서 온 판사- Park Shin Hye & Kim Jae Young- Fri&Sat @10 p.m. KST.- Premieres on September 21

larus

11+ New K-Dramas To Watch In September 2024

Sep 11, 2024
by D Kim

Get ready to welcome fall with a new batch of K-dramas in September!

Here are some new dramas to watch this month:

“The Judge From Hell”

park-shin-hye.jpeg

orean Title: “지옥에서 온 판사”

Cast: Park Shin Hye, Kim Jae Young

Premiere Date: September 21

Broadcast Details: Fridays and Saturdays at 10 p.m. KST on SBS

“The Judge from Hell” is a fantasy romance drama about Kang Bit Na (Park Shin Hye), a demon from hell who has entered the body of a judge. After meeting the compassionate detective Han Da On (Kim Jae Young), Kang Bit Na embarks on a journey to become a true judge.

Thank you for voting!
Which September dramas are you adding to your watch list?
  • The Judge From Hell 19.37%  

• What Comes After Love 18.47%  

• Dear Hyeri 16.44%  

• Gyeongseong Creature 2 10.92%  

• Seoul Busters 9.35%  

• Iron Family 6.98%  

• Our Beautiful Summer 5.74%  

• Dog Knows Everything 4.17%  

• The Bra Strap Slipped 3.6%  

• The Time of Fever 2.59%  

• Fragile 2.36%  

Vote in the poll above to share which K-dramas you’re watching in September!

https://soompi.com/article/168708

Sports World

Park Shin-hye, 'Judge from Hell' "Colorful style to contrast with existing image"

Entered 2024.09.11. 9:44 AM
Original article
Empathy11
0000688410_001_20240911094409938.jpg?typ

Still cut from SBS's Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell'. 

Actress Park Shin-hye shows off her image transformation in 'Judge from Hell'.

Park Shin-hye will face viewers in the new SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell', which will air for the first time on the 21st, playing the role of Kang Bit-na, a demon who enters the body of a judge. Kang Bit-na is an evil but lovable anti-hero with the worst personality. Expectations are high for potential viewers as they will be able to meet a new side of Park Shin-hye that they have never seen before.

According to the production team, Park Shin-hye tried many changes in her acting as well as her styling for the character of Kang Bit-na. She even tried action scenes that spared no effort.  

Regarding the part she paid the most attention to while acting, Park Shin-hye said, "I think the thing I paid the most attention to was not shedding tears. While the characters I've played before have tried to overcome their own hardships, Kang Bit-na showed an 'eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth' attitude where she repays them instead. I wanted to show that in an impactful way."

In terms of visuals, she added, “In order to show a contrasting image from my existing image, I tried to wear colored makeup and make the styling colorful overall. I thought a lot about changes in various aspects, such as Bitna’s way of speaking.”

In “Judge from Hell,” Park Shin-hye had to express both evil and loveliness, as well as the contrasting appearances of the human Kang Bit-na and the devil Kang Bit-na. Regarding this, Park Shin-hye explained, “The human Bit-na is timid and has ambitions for her own success and desire for success, but she doesn’t show them. That’s why she didn’t wear makeup and had an ordinary, plain appearance. On the other hand, I tried to express the gaze, way of speaking, and style differently from the human Bit-na who plays the devil Shine.”

Copyright ⓒ Sports World. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/396/0000688410

20240911075501_the-judge-from-hell-park-Park Shin Hye Shares Insight Into Her Preparation For Vigilante Role In New Drama “The Judge From Hell”

Sep 11, 2024

Park Shin Hye has opened up about how she prepared for her role in the upcoming drama “The Judge from Hell”!

“The Judge from Hell” is a new fantasy romance drama starring Park Shin Hye as Kang Bit Na, a demon from hell who has entered the body of a judge. After meeting the compassionate detective Han Da On (Kim Jae Young), who works hard at his job in a reality harsher than hell, Kang Bit Na embarks on a journey to becoming a true judge.

Park Shin Hye stars as the demon Kang Bit Na. Kang Bit Na, who possesses the body of a judge, is an antihero with a nasty personality—evil but charming. Fans are excited and eager to see this new side of Park Shin Hye.

The production team shared that Park Shin Hye made major changes to her acting and styling to bring the character of Kang Bit Na to life. She even took on challenging action scenes. The new stills offer a glimpse of Park Shin Hye’s dedication and hard work in becoming the antihero Kang Bit Na. Knowing her commitment will make watching the drama even more exciting.

Spoiler

the-judge-from-hell-park-shin-hye-still-

When asked about her approach to playing the wicked yet lovable Kang Bit Na, Park Shin Hye said, “I worked hard to avoid crying. In my previous roles, the characters tried to overcome their struggles alone. But Kang Bit Na is all about exacting revenge, reflecting ‘an eye for an eye’ attitude. I wanted to make that impact clear.”

She added, “For the visuals, I used different makeup tones and chose a colorful style to contrast with my usual look. I also carefully considered changes in speech and other details to match Bit Na’s personality.”

the-judge-from-hell-park-shin-hye-still-

Park Shin Hye portrays both the wicked and lovable sides of Kang Bit Na, along with the contrast between her human and demon forms. She explained, “As a human, Bit Na is timid with hidden ambitions for success, so her look was plain and simple. For the demon version of Bit Na, I focused on showing a different demeanor through her gaze, speech, and style.”

Though Park Shin Hye speaks modestly about her efforts, she is pushing beyond expectations for a transformative performance. The posters, teasers, and stills released so far show her in a strikingly fresh and bold new light.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1687809wpp/park-shin-hye-shares-insight-into-her-preparation-for-vigilante-role-in-new-drama-the-judge-from-hell

Instyle 2024-09-03

Park Shin-hye, Super-Pretty No Matter What! Dubai Ambassador's Bohemian Fall Look

/files/board/2024/image/o_1i6r45dug1b5s7i05esm7s1eorb.jpg

Actress Park Shin-hye showed off her youthful beauty in a bohemian style fall look.

On the 3rd, Park Shin-hye posted a photo of herself visiting Dubai at the invitation of the Dubai Tourism Authority on her channel with the caption, “Dubai friends, visit dubai.”

In the revealed photos, Park Shin-hye flaunted her youthful beauty in a variety of poses in an autumn look with her girlish single-braided hair, a bohemian-style blouse, and brown-colored bottoms. 

Park Shin-hye appeared as a lover with Park Hyung-sik in the Dubai-based drama 'Doctor Slump', which was aired to great acclaim earlier this year, and as a result, she appeared in a global campaign video as a Dubai ambassador.

Meanwhile, Park Shin-hye will meet viewers as Kang Bit-na in the new SBS drama 'Judge from Hell', scheduled to air in September.

/files/board/2024/image/o_1i6r46gkp1e691gih2v81qf0195de.jpg

/files/board/2024/image/o_1i6r46gkq1019a7ihtr1umm1t96f.jpg

/files/board/2024/image/o_1i6r46gkq1vk383122m1fbg10cng.jpg

/files/board/2024/image/o_1i6r46gkq4uo869vs4b4unqh.jpg

FashionN reporter Kim Geum-hee
fashionn@fashionn.com

News bites: September 10, 2024

by tccolb

30000948452_1280.jpg

Also joining the poster party, SBS released character posters for The Judge from Hell, which has Park Shin-hye (Doctor Slump) and Kim Jae-young (Love in Contract) headlining the fantasy. Tasked with a mission from the underworld itself, we’ll be following our heroine’s devil-branded justice journey on September 21 in the weekend slot. [SBS]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/news-bites-september-10-2024/

Kim Jae-young “A passionate detective, a bright-looking but painful character” (The Judge from Hell)

Kim Myung-mi2024. 9. 10. 13:19

Provided by SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell'

Provided by SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell'

Kim Jae-young heralds the birth of an attractive male lead.

Kim Jae-young will face viewers as the male lead Han Da-on (played by Kim Jae-young) in the new SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' (written by Jo Yi-soo/directed by Park Jin-pyo/produced by Studio S), which will be aired for the first time on September 21. Han Da-on is a passionate detective who is so humane that he warms the heart of Kang Bit-na (played by Park Shin-hye), who has taken over the body of a judge. Kim Jae-young is expected to capture the hearts of female viewers with his charm that alternates between affection and strength.

The cast and crew of 'Judge from Hell' are doing their best to film for a high-quality production. We heard directly from Kim Jae-young, who is guarding the filming site while sweating bullets. First, Kim Jae-young said, "I received the script for the first four parts, and the material was diverse and the story unfolded quickly, so I read it with interest without realizing how much time had passed." He revealed the reason for his decision to appear in 'Judge from Hell'.

Kim Jae-young then explained the character of 'Hana On' that he played, "He is a detective who is warm and affectionate more than anyone else, and who tries to catch and punish criminals without hesitation within the bounds of the law. He seems bright but also has a pained side, and he seems strong but also has a soft side, so I thought he was an attractive character."

So what efforts did Kim Jae-young make to play this charming character, 'Hana-on'? Kim Jae-young said, "Hana-on is a passionate detective, but he is a character who sympathizes with victims better than anyone else. That's why I thought I had to show a lot of warm sides. I thought a lot about how to make him look strong, but at the same time, make the viewers feel sympathy and pity. Also, since there are a lot of action scenes, I put a lot of effort into action practice."

In the fresh story of 'Judge from Hell', there is a male protagonist 'Hana On' with a unique charm. Kim Jae-young is expressing the charm of the character 'Hana On' 120% through his own way of thinking and effort. Kim Jae-young himself said, "I also want to see the completed version of this drama quickly while reading the script and filming." Kim Jae-young is expected to be reborn as a new attractive male protagonist through 'Judge from Hell'.

Copyright © Newsen. 

My Daily

Park Shin-hye, 'Judge from Hell', punishes human trash

Entered 2024.09.11. 3:39 PM
Original article
Empathy15
0003870016_001_20240911153909754.jpeg?tyPoster for 'Judge from Hell'./SBS

[My Daily = Reporter Park Ro-sa]

A devil from hell becomes a judge and separates human waste.

The new SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell', which will be aired for the first time on the 21st, is an action fantasy where the devil Kang Bit-na (Park Shin-hye) who enters the body of a judge meets the humane and passionate detective Han Da-on (Kim Jae-young) in a hellish reality and is reborn as a true judge by punishing criminals.

There are many words that stimulate the curiosity of potential viewers in 'Judge from Hell' such as hell, devil, and punishment. It raises curiosity about whether these words will be used with the exact meanings we know them to be and how they will be visually implemented. In addition, there is a response that the refreshing cider story of a devil with the worst personality being resentful of and punishing humans who are more evil than devils is also anticipated.

In relation to this, we heard from writer Jo I-soo who created the unique story setting and interesting worldview of 'Judge from Hell'. First, author Jo I-su explained about 'Judge from Hell', "It starts with a devil judge who used to judge sinners in hell coming to the human world to pay the price for his wrongdoings. In order for the devil judge to return to hell, he must take the lives of 10 sinners who killed people but did not reflect on their actions or receive forgiveness and send them to hell." He continued,

"To do this, the devil judge enters the body of human judge Kang Bit-na, who died in an accident, and uses his status as a criminal judge to search for sinners to send to hell. After passing judgment on them as a human judge, he holds a real trial outside the courtroom and judges them as a devil." The devil from hell becomes a judge and separates and collects human trash that deserves to die. As

author Jo I-su explained, 'Judge from Hell' features sinners who are more devilish than the devil, who can only be called 'human trash.' These sinners shamelessly think only of their own greed and comfort, rather than asking for forgiveness after killing people. In that such human trash is punished by a heartless devil, 'Judge from Hell' is expected to bring a different level of cider and catharsis to the living room theater.

In addition, 'trustworthy actress' Park Shin-hye will become a devil who separates and collects human trash, and will display her evil but lovable anti-hero activities. SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' will air its first and second episodes back-to-back on the 21st at 9:50 PM.

Copyright ⓒ My Daily.

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/117/0003870016

Judge from Hell Shining Character Profiles I think they both gave each other, they're both so charming

Kang Bitna & Han Daon Profile 
📝 Occupation: 
Bitna - Judge 👩🏻‍⚖️, Daon - Detective 🕵🏻‍♀️

📝 Residence: 
👩🏻‍⚖️ - A royal villa, 🕵🏻‍♀️ - A camper van

📝Nickname:
👩🏻‍⚖️ - The devil, 🕵🏻‍♀️ - Maltese (dog breeds)

📝 Favorite thing:
👩🏻‍⚖️ - Colla, 🕵🏻‍♀️ - Camping, Family

ImageImage

via  @ssinzhyeee

Newsen

Kim Jae-young “Park Shin-hye, a senior and younger sister who is upright and has a lot to learn from” (Judge from Hell)

Entered 2024.09.12. 9:07 AM
Original article
Empathy4
202409120904120310_1_20240912090716307.jProvided by SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell'

Park Shin-hye and Kim Jae-young have shown their affection for each other.

On September 21, the new SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Judge from Hell' (written by Jo Yi-soo/directed by Park Jin-pyo/produced by Studio S) will premiere. 'Judge from Hell' is a cider action fantasy where the devil Kang Bit-na (played by Park Shin-hye) enters the body of a judge and meets the humane, passionate detective Han Da-on (played by Kim Jae-young) in a hellish reality and is reborn as a true judge by punishing criminals.

In 'Judge from Hell', Park Shin-hye and Kim Jae-young, as the devil and the human, respectively, set out to punish human trash who deserve to die. At the same time, they are expected to show off their 'spicy chemistry' that goes back and forth between fatality and loveliness, providing viewers with a variety of fun. That's how important the chemistry between the two actors is. With rumors of their chemistry already circulating, we heard stories about each other directly from the two actors.

First, Park Shin-hye said about her chemistry with Kim Jae-young, “Actor Kim Jae-young has such a great personality that we quickly became comfortable. He was very considerate when it came to acting, and when I gave him my opinion during our scenes together, he accepted it very positively. Thanks to that, we were able to film together without any burden and come up with ideas. I’m really grateful.” She

continued, “Hana On is a precious person who draws sympathy from viewers. Han Ha-on is also a professional when she works, but she’s very affectionate to her family and friends, and I think this is very similar to the charm of actor Kim Jae-young in real life.” Kim Jae-young

also expressed his gratitude to Park Shin-hye, who he acted with. Kim Jae-young said, “Park Shin-hye is a really upright actress who I can learn a lot from. She’s my senior, but she’s my younger sister, so she was very considerate of me and guided me a lot. I was able to learn a lot by watching her and seeing why she’s been able to act so well for such a long time.”

He also added, “Even though the character of Kang Bit-na is a really difficult and challenging role, it was really cool how she did her best without letting it show until the end. Kang Bit-na is a devil and an ‘anti-hero,’ but with the charm of the actress Park Shin-hye added to it, she became a character that you can never hate, and who has an intense charm that you want to protect.”

The two leads, Park Shin-hye and Kim Jae-young, did not spare their praise and gratitude for each other. This shows that the two actors boasted great chemistry throughout filming. This will be fully incorporated into the chemistry between the two leads in ‘Judge from Hell,’ making the drama even richer and more exciting. This is why we are looking forward to the spicy couple Park Shin-hye and Kim Jae-young in ‘Judge from Hell.’

m.entertain.naver.com/article/609/0000896480