[Upcoming Drama 2024] Such a Close Traitor/Doubt , 이토록 친밀한 배신자-Han Suk Kyu & Han Ye Ri-Fri&Sat @21:50KST- Premieres in October

larus

Spoiler

Han Suk Kyu, Han Ye Ri, Chae Won Bin, And More Impress At Script Reading For New Thriller Drama

Han Suk Kyu, Han Ye Ri, Chae Won Bin, And More Impress At Script Reading For New Thriller Drama

MBC’s upcoming drama “Such a Close Traitor” (working title) has shared a sneak peek of its first script reading!

“Such a Close Traitor” is a new psychological thriller that depicts the dilemma faced by Korea’s top profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu) as he discovers the secret of his daughter related to a murder case he is investigating.

At the script reading, director Song Yeon Hwa, writer Han Ah Young, and actors Han Suk Kyu, Chae Won Bin, Han Ye Ri, Noh Jae Won, Yoon Kyung Ho, Oh Yun Soo, Kim Jung Jin, Choi Yoo Hwa, Yoo Eui Tae, and Lee Shin Ki were in attendance.

Han Suk Kyu, who is returning to an MBC drama for the first time in 29 years since starring in “Hotel” in 1995, shared, “I started my acting career at MBC. Of course, it brings back lots of emotions. As an actor, I often ponder what kind of stories I can convey through each project, and I am confident that ‘Such a Close Traitor’ carries stories and messages that are well worth the audience’s attention.”

Such-a-Close-Traitor-01.jpeg

Chae Won Bin, who stars as Jang Tae Soo’s daughter Jang Ha Bin, expressed her determination by saying, “I will work hard and do my best after much contemplation.”

Such-a-Close-Traitor-02.jpeg

The drama also marks Han Ye Ri’s return to the small screen after three years since starring in tvN’s mystery thriller “Hometown.” Han Ye Ri takes on the role of police officer Lee Eoh Jin in the Criminal Behavior Analysis team, which Jang Tae Soo is the team leader of. Lee Eoh Jin, who studied criminal psychology in the United Kingdom, always prioritizes facts over emotions and cases over people.

Such-a-Close-Traitor-03.jpeg

Noh Jae Won plays Koo Dae Hong, a member of the Criminal Behavior Analysis team who is highly empathetic and humane.

Spoiler

Such-a-Close-Traitor-05.jpeg

Yoon Kyung Ho will enrich the drama with his role as Oh Jung Hwan, the head of the Violent Crimes Unit.

Spoiler

Such-a-Close-Traitor-06.jpeg

Oh Yun Soo portrays Jang Tae Soo’s ex-wife and Jang Ha Bin’s mother Yoon Ji Soo.

Spoiler

Such-a-Close-Traitor-04.jpeg

Spoiler

Such-a-Close-Traitor-07.jpegSuch-a-Close-Traitor-08.jpeg

Are you excited for this new thriller drama? Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1682700wpp/han-suk-kyu-han-ye-ri-chae-won-bin-and-more-impress-at-script-reading-for-new-thriller-drama

• 3 weeks later...

20240904033252_doubt-han-suk-kyu.png?s=9

Han Suk Kyu's New Psychological Thriller Confirms Premiere Date As He Transforms Into A Single-Father Profiler In 1st Poster

Drama Preview
Sep 04, 2024
by R Suhaila

MBC’s upcoming drama “Such a Close Traitor” (literal title) has unveiled a poster of Han Suk Kyu and announced its premiere date!

“Such a Close Traitor” is a psychological thriller drama that depicts the dilemma faced by Korea’s top profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu) as he discovers the secret of his daughter related to a murder case he is investigating.  The series is directed by Song Yeon Hwa, a rising talent recognized for her standout work on the short series “Boar Hunt.”

In the poster, Han Suk Kyu is shown sitting in an interrogation room with a pained expression. He plays Jang Tae Soo, a profiler raising his daughter alone while grappling with his sense of trust and doubts as she becomes involved in a murder case. The poster, which highlights Jang Tae Soo’s turmoil and confusion, adds intrigue to the story by making it unclear whether he is conducting the interrogation or being questioned himself.

Han Suk Kyu’s intense presence, shown through his gaze and expressions, dominates the poster. He will play a father who, despite his fear of the truth, fiercely fights to protect his daughter. Han Suk Kyu’s ability to convey Jang Tae Soo’s complex story in a single frame builds excitement for his performance.

han-suk-kyu-doubt.jpg

The production team said, “Jang Tae Soo’s story, torn between wanting to trust his child and needing to doubt as a profiler, will provide both dramatic tension and emotional depth.” They added, “The show promises high quality, with a compelling story, tight direction, and exceptional performances by the cast.”

“Such a Close Traitor” will premiere on October 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686073wpp/han-suk-kyus-new-psychological-thriller-confirms-premiere-date-as-he-transforms-into-a-single-father-profiler-in-1st-poster

20240905040336_han-suk-kyu-chae-won-bin.Watch: Han Suk Kyu Suspects Daughter Chae Won Bin Of Murder In Upcoming Psychological Thriller Drama

Sep 05, 2024

MBC’s upcoming drama “Such a Close Traitor” (literal title) has released a new thrilling teaser!

“Such a Close Traitor” is a psychological thriller drama that depicts the dilemma faced by Korea’s top profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu) as he discovers the secret of his daughter related to a murder case he is investigating. The series is directed by Song Yeon Hwa, a rising talent recognized for her standout work on the short series “Boar Hunt.”

The teaser opens with a dramatic scene featuring father Jang Tae Soo at a murder scene, where he raises unlikely suspicions. Tae Soo scrutinizes Ha Bin (Chae Won Bin), who seems like an ordinary high school student, with doubt. When Tae Soo asks, “Did you do it?” Ha Bin’s smile suddenly fades, creating a chilling effect.

The teaser also highlights Tae Soo’s past doubts about his daughter and the family’s tragedy. His ex-wife Yoon Ji Soo (Oh Yun Soo) exclaims, “Have you really gone crazy from seeing criminals?” which adds to the intrigue about the recurring nightmare. The final scene, where Ha Bin ominously asks, “Are you really so sure, Dad?” while Tae Soo appears fearful of the truth, heightens the tension.

Overall, the teaser promises a gripping psychological showdown between father and daughter, delivering a strong sense of immersion. Han Suk Kyu offers a powerful performance, while Chae Won Bin makes a notable impression as the mysterious Ha Bin. This intense dynamic has increased anticipation for the upcoming broadcast.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686323wpp/watch-han-suk-kyu-suspects-daughter-chae-won-bin-of-murder-in-upcoming-psychological-thriller-drama

September 5 2024

Teaser trailer 2 for MBC drama “Doubt”

Doubt-tp1-1.jpeg

Teaser trailer 2 added for MBC drama series “Doubt” starring Han Suk-Kyu, Chae Won-Bin, & Han Ye-Ri. Drama series features Han Suk-Kyu as Criminal Profiler Jang Tae-Soo and Chae Won-Bin plays his daughter Jang Ha-Bin. Voices in teaser trailer 2 states (0:09) anonymous voice “The victim is assumed to be a woman in her late teens,” (0:18) Han Suk-Kyu “Did you kill her?,” (0:21) Oh Yeon-Su “Are you insane?,” (0:32) Chae Won-Bin “Dad,” (0:33) Chae Won-Bin “Are you that sure?,” (0:35) Han Suk-Kyu “Why,” (0:37)
Han Suk-Kyu “Why on Earth!,” (0:40) Chae Won-Bin “How can you be so sure?”

“Doubt” will first air October 11, 2024 (takes over MBC’s Friday & Saturday 9:50 PM time slot after “Black Out“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Jang Tae-Soo (Han Suk-Kyu) is a legendary criminal profiler Korea. He was one of the first in his field and paved the way for criminal behavior analyst in the country. He has gained the absolute respect and trust within the police organization. At home, he is a single parent and raises his daughter Jang Ha-Bin (Chae Won-Bin) by himself. Jang Tae-Soo works on a murder case and realizes that his daughter is involved in the case. The discovery shakes everything in his professional beliefs and his relationship with his daughter. To protect his daughter, Jang Tae-Soo struggles to reveal the truth.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-mbc-drama-series-doubt-starring-han-suk-kyu-chae-won-bin-han-ye-ri

News bites: September 4, 2024

by tccolb

Following Black Out with another dark tale in MBC’s weekend slot this fall, the first poster has dropped for Doubt (previously The Intimate Traitor), enshrouding criminal profiler Han Seok-kyu (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) in the mystery-thriller. With PD Song Yeon-hwa (Wild Boar Hunting, The Red Sleeve Cuff) at the helm and scripts by Han Ah-young, the 10-episode series will be premiering on October 11. [MBC]

cfa7385a-8ef5-4d37-87c0-74ca0b1f026b.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/news-bites-september-4-2024/

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2024] Such a Close Traitor/Doubt , 이토록 친밀한 배신자-Han Suk Kyu & Han Ye Ri-Fri&Sat @21:50KST- Premieres in October

Han Seok-kyu expresses Doubt towards his daughter

by solstices

Formerly The Intimate Traitor, MBC’s upcoming crime thriller Doubt is ramping up the suspense with its second teaser. When all leads begin pointing to his own daughter, a criminal profiler must grapple with his growing suspicion and his unconditional love to arrive at the truth.

A phone rings with an unanswered phone call. Sirens ring out through the night, and the criminal profiler Jang Tae-soo — played by Han Seok-kyu (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) — approaches the crime scene. Only, it’s empty. The victim is presumed to be in her late teens, but her corpse has disappeared.

Under the cover of the night, a girl drags a suitcase down the streets. When morning dawns, Tae-soo comes face to face with his daughter Jang Ha-bin, played by Chae Won-bin (Sweet Home 3). Standing outside the academy, she greets her father with an innocuous smile. Sure, she has a suitcase with her — but so do the oher students milling about.

“Did you kill her?” Tae-soo questions, as Ha-bin stands eerily in a dark room. Appalled that Tae-soo could suspect his own child, his wife Oh Yeon-soo (Military Prosecutor Doberman) accuses him of projecting the criminals he sees daily upon Ha-bin. “Have you gone insane?” she exclaims, pulling Ha-bin into a comforting hug while warily eyeing a guilt-ridden Tae-soo.

“The nightmare of that day repeats itself,” reads a chyron, as a car drives through a rainy night and Tae-soo stands drenched by the downpour. But is the one trapped in that nightmare him, or Ha-bin? Perhaps the only person who can help Tae-soo see reason is his fellow officer Lee Eo-jin, played by Han Ye-ri (Hometown).

That is, if Tae-soo’s suspicions don’t overwhelm him first. “Dad,” Ha-bin murmurs. “Are you that sure?” In response, Tae-soo asks with a growing franticness, “Why?!” But Ha-bin offers no answer, merely a question in return. “How are you that sure?” Confronted by his conflicting certainty and doubt, Tae-soo must brace himself to look the truth in the eye — for the only alternative is to avert his gaze entirely.

Helmed by PD Song Yeon-hwa (Wild Boar Hunting) with scripts by the award-winning newcomer Han Ah-young, the ten-episode Doubt is slated for an October 11 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/han-seok-kyu-expresses-doubt-towards-his-daughter/

Han Suk Kyu Is A Criminal Profiler Who Suspects His Own Daughter Of Murder In New Drama

Han Suk Kyu Is A Criminal Profiler Who Suspects His Own Daughter Of Murder In New Drama "Doubt"

Han Suk Kyu has shared his thoughts on his upcoming MBC drama “Doubt”!

“Doubt” (previously known as “Such a Close Traitor”) is a psychological thriller about the dilemma faced by Korea’s top criminal profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu), who unexpectedly discovers his daughter’s secret related to a murder case that he is investigating.

Notably, “Doubt” marks Han Suk Kyu’s first MBC drama in 30 years.

Explaining why he had chosen to star in the series, Han Suk Kyu remarked, “I was fortunate to find this story, which was something I really wanted to try. It was a drama that really made me think and ponder, not just as an actor but as a parent.”

Han-Suk-Kyu-2.jpg

“The writer did a great job telling the story of a family standing between trust and doubt in a dramatic way that fit the genre,” he continued. “I don’t think there could be anything as sad and painful as doubting the family that is closest to you. Even with your own child, it’s impossible to know everything about them.”

Han Suk Kyu went on, “How will the arrow of doubt shot by Jang Tae Soo return to him? The truth that will be revealed beyond the case will leave a deep impression on viewers.”

Han-Suk-Kyu-3.jpg

“Doubt” will premiere on October 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686850wpp/han-suk-kyu-is-a-criminal-profiler-who-suspects-his-own-daughter-of-murder-in-new-drama-doubt

Spoiler

Chae Won Bin Is A Mysterious Daughter Who Plays Mind Games With Her Own Father In New Drama

Chae Won Bin Is A Mysterious Daughter Who Plays Mind Games With Her Own Father In New Drama "Doubt"

MBC’s upcoming thriller drama “Doubt” has shared a sneak peek of Chae Won Bin’s character!

“Doubt” is a psychological thriller about the dilemma faced by Korea’s top criminal profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu), who unexpectedly discovers his daughter’s secret related to a murder case that he is investigating.

The newly released still below captures Chae Won Bin who transforms into ordinary high school student Jang Ha Bin.

doubt-01.jpeg

In another still image, Jang Ha Bin gazes at someone sharply with a pale complexion, creating a peculiar atmosphere.

doubt-02.jpeg

Chae Won Bin expressed her feelings about taking on her first leading role by saying, “I don’t think there would be any young actors who wouldn’t be thrilled to act closely with senior actor Han Suk Kyu. When I heard that I got the role, I was incredibly grateful and couldn’t believe it.” She added, “Whenever we exchange lines, I find myself completely immersed in the moment without even realizing it. I think that’s the power that [Han Suk Kyu] possesses.”

doubt-03.jpeg

“Doubt” is slated to premiere on October 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1686991wpp/chae-won-bin-is-a-mysterious-daughter-who-plays-mind-games-with-her-own-father-in-new-drama-doubt

Han Suk Kyu And Chae Won Bin Engage In A Gripping Standoff In Upcoming Drama "Doubt" Poster

Sep 10, 2024

MBC’s upcoming thriller drama “Doubt” has shared a main poster featuring Han Suk Kyu and Chae Won Bin!

“Doubt” is a psychological thriller about the dilemma faced by Korea’s top criminal profiler Jang Tae Soo (Han Suk Kyu), who unexpectedly discovers his daughter’s secret related to a murder case that he is investigating.

The new main poster grabs attention with its image of Jang Tae Soo and his daughter Ha Bin (Chae Won Bin) in a tense standoff. The poster highlights a stark, cold mood, which contrasts sharply with the usual warmth of a father-daughter relationship. Even though they face each other, the visible distance between them suggests a troubled relationship.

The powerful poster between Tae Soo and Ha Bin is striking because it’s hard to tell if they’re interrogating each other or simply talking. Instead of a police interrogation room, the setting is their home. Tae Soo scrutinizes his daughter like a profiler would a suspect, while Ha Bin feels the full weight of his doubts. The tagline, “The price of the cruelest doubt we’ve committed,” adds a dramatic touch. This leaves viewers wondering what truth Tae Soo will uncover and draws them into the father-daughter story.

doubt-han-suk-kyu-chae-won-bin-1.jpg

The production team said, “We wanted the main poster to reflect the strained relationship between the father and daughter caused by suspicion. By depicting them facing off in a setting that usually calls for friendly conversation, we created an intense atmosphere reminiscent of an interrogation room.” They added, “Han Suk Kyu and Chae Won Bin use their powerful eye contact to vividly portray the tension between Tae Soo and Ha Bin. We hope viewers are excited about the surprising dynamics and story as well as the strong performances and chemistry between the two actors.”

“Doubt” is slated to premiere on October 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1687343wpp/han-suk-kyu-and-chae-won-bin-engage-in-a-gripping-standoff-in-upcoming-drama-doubt-poster

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 9, 2024
2 2

Han Seok Kyu and Chae Won Bin make a dynamic father-daughter duo in Doubt.

Doubt follows Jang Tae Su (Han Seok Kyu), nation's top profiler, who comes to know about his daughter's secret intertwined with a murder case he's investigating. 

In the stills, Jang Ha Bin (Chae Won Bin) seems like an ordinary high school student, but she has an air of mystery around her. Her sharp and piercing gaze and quiet observation stir curiosity about what thoughts Jang Ha Bin might be harboring against her father.

Bd5dl1_2f.png

jQvQw8_2f.png

d0Z0kW_2f.png

The young actress commented, "I don't think there are any juniors who wouldn't be happy to act so closely with Han Seok Kyu sir. When I heard the casting news, I was so grateful." She continued, "When we exchange lines together, there are moments when I completely immerse myself in it without even realizing it, which may be the power that seniors like Han Seok Kyu bring." 

Ha Bin, who doesn't back down when facing her profiler father who suspects her of being a murderer, sparks anticipation for the unique character that promises to send chills down the spine.

She continued, "Although there's a lot of pressure since it's my first lead role, I'm grateful for the opportunity to work with many senior actors as Jang Ha Bin. I'm doing my best without regrets throughout the process, so I ask for a lot of interest and anticipation for the drama."

MBC also dropped Han Seok Kyu's stills. The actor is seen immersed in the role of Jang Tae Su. His piercing gaze, as he relentlessly seeks out signs of Ha Bin's lies and sharply scrutinizes the crime scenes while falling deeper into a vortex of suspicion, raises expectations for his meticulous performance.

Spoiler

kArAmr_2f.png

eYmY5K_2f.png

QJgJQQ_2f.png

Regarding his decision to choose this project, Han Seok Kyu said, "I was fortunate to come across a story I really wanted to tell and present. Beyond being an actor, it made me reflect and think as a parent." He added, "The writer did a fantastic job of unfolding the story of a family caught between trust and doubt in a dramatic and genre-focused way. I don't think there is anything as sad and painful as doubting your closest family. Even if it's your own child, you can't know everything about them. I believe that the suspicion Jang Tae Su harbors and how it ultimately returns to him, along with the truth revealed beyond the case, will leave a lasting impact on viewers."

Doubt will premiere on October 11. The K-drama's global OTT service is yet to be revealed.

https://mydramalist.com/article/han-seok-kyu-and-chae-won-bin-dish-on-why-they-chose-doubt

• Like 1

News bites: September 10, 2024

by tccolb

1b9ee989-6f8a-4ea1-8a2d-fe4923995a0f.jpg

A new poster has dropped for MBC’s upcoming crime-thriller Doubt, cruelly pitting criminal profiler Han Seok-kyu (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3) against his secretive daughter Chae Won-bin (Sweet Home 3) as he tries to unravel the murder mystery at hand. The 10-episode story unfolds on October 11 next month, with PD Song Yeon-hwa (Wild Boar Hunting, The Red Sleeve Cuff) leading production alongside writer Han Ah-young. [MBC]

https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/429528