[Current Drama 2024] The Atypical Family/Although I Am Not a Hero, 히어로는 아닙니다만-Chun Woo Hee & Jang Ki Yong- Sat&Sun@10:30 p.m. KST

larus

Spoiler

Chun Woo Hee Becomes Unexpectedly Intertwined With Jang Ki Yong's Supernatural Family In

Chun Woo Hee Becomes Unexpectedly Intertwined With Jang Ki Yong's Supernatural Family In "The Atypical Family" Posters

JTBC’s “The Atypical Family” unveiled intriguing new character posters ahead of the premiere!

“The Atypical Family” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic issues. The drama is directed by Cho Hyun Tak of “SKY Castle” and penned by writer Joo Hwa Mi of “Marriage, Not Dating” and writer Kang Eun Kyung of “Dr. Romantic.” Chun Woo Hee stars as Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s (Jang Ki Yong’s) family.

On April 8, “The Atypical Family” unveiled character posters of the Bok family including Bok Gwi Joo (Jang Ki Yong), Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim), Bok Dong Hee (Claudia Kim). Bok Yi Na (Park So Yi), and Uhm Soon Goo (Oh Man Seok) as well as Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee).

Jang Ki Yong plays the “depressed time traveler” Bok Gwi Joo who was once a firefighter with positive energy and a strong sense of calling but is now having trouble getting through each day. Although Bok Gwi Joo has the ability to time slip to when he was happy, he loses both his happiness and special ability due to an unexpected accident. Bok Gwi Joo’s poster captures his sad gaze and his pained shadow, which reflects his current sadness.

jang-ki-yong-.jpeg

Chun Woo Hee takes on the role of the suspicious woman and “polite trespasser” Do Da Hae who suddenly appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo. Unlike Bok Gwi Joo who is shrouded in darkness, Do Da Hae’s poster is bright and vibrant in sharp contrast with Bok Gwi Joo’s poster, raising anticipation for how they will save each other.

chun-woo-hee.jpeg

The uneasy expression of Bok Man Heum, who is described as a “clairvoyant dreamer who can’t sleep,” foreshadows the changes that will come to her family. Her dignified shadow conveys the weight of her responsibility as the Bok family’s pillar.

go-doo-shim-1.jpeg

Bok Dong Hee is a “flight ability user who is like a feather” who was once a runway model. However, after retirement, she picked up weight and no longer has the ability to fly. Viewers are curious to find out how the unpredictable Bok Dong Hee will become intertwined with Do Da Hae as well.

Spoiler

claudia-kim.jpeg

Unlike the other characters, Bok Gwi Joo’s daughter Bok Yi Na does not have a shadow. “Transparent presence” Bok Yi Na has a sharp gaze behind her big glasses, making viewers curious to find out why she does not have a shadow.

Spoiler

park-so-yi.jpeg

Although he does not have a special ability, father Uhm Soon Goo takes great care of the family as an expert in housekeeping and looking after those with special abilities.

Spoiler

oh-man-seok.jpeg

The production team shared, “Do Da Hae appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo, whose present is broken as he is confined in the past, and the changes she will bring to the Bok family will be interesting. The drama will deliver a new form of entertainment different from preexisting fantasy romance.”

“The Atypical Family” will premiere on May 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1653704wpp/chun-woo-hee-becomes-unexpectedly-intertwined-with-jang-ki-yongs-supernatural-family-in-the-atypical-family-posters

by Lily Alice, April 9, 2024

The Atypical Family lead, Jang Ki Yong, transforms into a time traveler who loses his abilities due to depression.

JTBC's upcoming weekend drama The Atypical Family unveiled stills of Bok Gwi Joo (Jang Ki Yong), who wishes to go back in time.

The Atypical Family tells the story of a family with superpowers who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people and a woman who becomes involved with them. 

Expectations and interest are high as this is Jang Ki Yong's first comeback project after his discharge from the military. The character stills of Bok Gwi Joo raise anticipation for Jang Ki Yong's transformation.

Bok Gwi Ju can only time travel to happy moments. But since he cannot change the past, there is nothing he can do other than brood over his happiness alone. The reason he became a firefighter is also because he wanted to use his abilities to save someone other than himself. His unwavering sense of duty as a firefighter is evident in his solid appearance when dressed in uniform.

However, the next still hints at a drastic change in his life. His face, devoid of a smile, is filled with an indescribable sadness. The empty gaze and scattered bottles suggest he has endured devastating hardships. Struggling with depression and losing his abilities, he can no longer return to happier times.

RBkm1Y_2f.png

Jang Ki Yong, who expressed that the script was as enjoyable as its title, The Atypical Family, said, "The setting of a superpowered family losing their abilities due to [chronic] diseases common to modern-day people appealed to me." He also shared, "I approached it with half excitement and half anticipation as it's been a while since I've worked on a project."  

He further raised expectations by adding, "Although it's a story based on superpowers, it's also a story about a 'family' with superpowers. The story of Bok Gwi Joo and the Bok family will bring laughter and emotion, so please look forward to it." 

The Atypical Family will premiere on May 4. More news about the K-drama's OTT streaming service is yet to come.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-ki-yong-s-life-takes-a-devastating-turn-in-the-atypical-family

20240409105553_the-atypical-family-3.jpgJang Ki Yong Loses His Supernatural Abilities Due To Depression In "The Atypical Family"

Apr 10, 2024
by E Ezeji

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Atypical Family” has shared new stills of Jang Ki Yong!

“The Atypical Family” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic problems. The drama is directed by Cho Hyun Tak of “SKY Castle” and penned by Joo Hwa Mi of “Marriage, Not Dating” and Kang Eun Kyung of “Dr. Romantic.”

Jang Ki Yong will play the “depressed time traveler” Bok Gwi Joo, who was once a firefighter with positive energy and a strong sense of calling, but is now having trouble getting through each day. Although Bok Gwi Joo has the ability to time-travel to when he was happy, he loses both his happiness and his special power due to an unexpected accident.

The newly released stills introduce viewers to Bok Gwi Joo, who became a firefighter in order to use his supernatural ability to save people. The first photo, which captures Bok Gwi Joo dressed in his firefighter uniform, gives a glimpse of his strong sense of duty.

the-atypical-family-1.jpg

In the next photo, Bok Gwi Joo’s sad facial expression, empty eyes, and the scattered bottles of alcohol around him seem to suggest that he is going through a difficult time. Now that he has developed depression and lost his abilities, Bok Gwi Joo can no longer time-slip to when he was happy. The drastic transformation piques curiosity about what kind of accident could have completely changed Bok Gwi Joo’s life.

the-atypical-family-2.jpg

Jang Ki Yong commented, “The premise of a supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic issues appealed to me as something unique. It is not just a drama about supernatural abilities; it also tells the story of the family with those supernatural abilities. The story of Bok Gwi Joo and his family will bring laughter to viewers and also touch their hearts.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1654001wpp/jang-ki-yong-loses-his-supernatural-abilities-due-to-depression-in-the-atypical-family

• Like 1

News bites: April 10, 2024

by tccolb

202404080913045709.jpg

JTBC’s The Atypical Family (previously Although I’m Not a Hero) came out with a new poster, drawing back the curtains on our group of once-supers. Starring Jang Ki-yong (Now We Are Breaking Up), Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful), and Go Du-shim (Twinkling Watermelon), the fantasy romance is slated to broadcast on May 4 in the weekend slot. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-10-2024/

20240412012725_Jang-Ki-Yong-Chun-Woo-HeeWatch: Chun Woo Hee Brings Color To Jang Ki Yong's Monochrome Life In "The Atypical Family" Teaser

Apr 12, 2024
by E Cha

JTBC has unveiled an intriguing new teaser for its upcoming drama “The Atypical Family”!

“The Atypical Family” is a fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems. Jang Ki Yong will star as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel to a moment when he was happy. However, after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident, no moment in his life is happy anymore—and so Bok Gwi Joo loses both his happiness and his special power to travel to the past.

In the newly released teaser, the depressed Bok Gwi Joo sees his entire world in black and white—with the exception of Do Dae Hae (Chun Woo Hee), who brings a burst of color to his monochrome life. As he walks behind her, Bok Gwi Joo says in voice-over, “I think I’m going to remember this moment for a long time. As a happy time.”

The teaser then cuts to flashes of a tragic car accident and a catastrophic fire caused by an explosion, with Bok Gwi Joo helplessly watching from the sidelines in despair without being able to do anything or save anyone.

As he and Do Da Hae lock eyes, Bok Gwi Joo cryptically continues, “A strange time in which the greatest joy and the greatest unhappiness of my life are mixed together.”

“The Atypical Famly” will premiere on May 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST. 

• Like 1

Claudia Kim Makes Bold Transformation In New Drama “The Atypical Family”

Apr 15, 2024
by J Lee

JTBC’s new weekend drama “The Atypical Family” has unveiled new stills of Claudia Kim ahead of its premiere!

“The Atypical Family” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers after suffering from very realistic problems. The drama is directed by Cho Hyun Tak of “SKY Castle” and penned by Joo Hwa Mi of “Marriage, Not Dating” and Kang Eun Kyung of “Dr. Romantic.”

The newly released stills capture Claudia Kim’s drastic transformation as she takes on the role of Bok Dong Hee, a former runway model who picked up weight after retirement. In one image, she is seen holding a large bag of snacks closer to her body, showing a stark contrast to another photo of her on the runway with chiseled abs, exuding irresistible charisma. After gaining weight, Bok Dong Hee even lost her ability to fly.

Claudia-Kim-3.jpg

Claudia-Kim-1.jpg

Claudi Kim, who underwent a complete transformation to fully embody the character, commented, “Bok Dong Hee is like a character someone looks up to. Although she has her inner conflicts and stress, she doesn’t compare herself to others but makes efforts to become a better person with her own confidence.”

Regarding her first-ever special makeup attempt, she further stated, “The process was more challenging than I thought. But after seeing how Bok Dong Hee is depicted in the scenes, I feel grateful as an actress that my character is enriched [through special makeup].”

Claudia-Kim-2.jpg

“The Atypical Family” is set to premiere on May 4.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655060wpp/claudia-kim-makes-bold-transformation-in-new-drama-the-atypical-family

• Blob 1

by Lily Alice, April 16, 2024

JTBC's upcoming weekend drama The Atypical Family drops new stills.

The Atypical Family tells the story of a family of superpowered individuals who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people and a woman who becomes involved with them. 

Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) is a woman who gets involved with the superpowered family. She receives an invitation from Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim) and enters the Bok family mansion. 

pdOdDr_2f.png

Jang Ki Yong commented, "I enjoyed [watching] Chun Woo Hee's works and wanted to act alongside her at least once. Through The Atypical Family, I found that actress Chun Woo Hee and I share many similarities. We had good chemistry, and I was able to learn a lot." 

Chun Woo Hee also raised expectations, saying, "The more we filmed together, the better synergy we had [between us]. There were many emotionally and physically challenging scenes, but we relied on and comforted each other. Thanks to that, we were able to create good scenes."

The Atypical Family will premiere on May 4. More news about the K-drama's OTT streaming service is yet to come.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/chun-woo-hee-and-jang-ki-yong-share-their-experience-working-with-each-other

Chun Woo-hee meets Jang Ki-yong’s Atypical Family

by Jenzy

AF5.jpg

JTBC’s superpowered romance The Atypical Family has started down the promo trail, releasing teasers and stills for our leads, the depressed time-manipulator Jang Ki-yong (Now, We Are Breaking Up) and his new roommate Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful).

Bok Gwi-joo (Jang Ki-yong) is not your typical thirty-something man. While he may look normal, he actually has the power to jump to happier moments in his past. And he’s not alone in his supernatural abilities; in fact, each member of his family was born with some kind of gift, whether it be flight, invisibility, or dream-induced precognition.

But while you might expect a family of Marvel-level powers to be out fighting bad guys, the Bok clan actually have a different kind of battle on their plate. Their greatest enemy isn’t a Joker, a Lex Luthor, or even a hostile government: it’s the 21st century.

You see, living in the modern world — with all its first-world woes like body dysmorphia, smartphone addiction, and depression — has sunken its teeth into this family, rendering their powers useless. After all, you can’t dream of the future if you’re someone with chronic insomnia. Or fly if you think you’re too heavy.

For Gwi-joo, his battle with depression has resulted in him quitting his job as a fireman and no longer time traveling because because he can’t recall happier moments. But that all starts to change when he meets Do Da-hae (Chun Woo-hee), a mysterious woman who moves into his house. Slowly but surely, Da-hae is determined to rescue this family.

The short teaser gives us a glimpse of Da-hae’s effect, with Gwi-joo walking in a busy street, following her as he narrates in the voiceover, “I think this is a moment I’ll remember for a long time. As a happy memory.” But then, as we get flashbacks to what looks like a devastating accident Gwi-joo was unable to prevent, we hear him finish his thought: “A weird time where I was the happiest and in the most pain.”

Personally, I’m still hung up on the superpowered storyline of Moving, so this seems like the perfect drama to fill that Jo In-sung-shaped hole in my heart!

Directed by Jo Hyun-taek (Snowdrop) with screenplay written by Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome), The Atypical Family will premiere on May 4 on JTBC.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/chun-woo-hee-meets-jang-ki-yongs-atypical-family/

by Lily Alice, April 16, 2024
0 1

Kim Su Hyun, aka Claudia Kim, undergoes a shocking transformation for her character in The Atypical Family.

The Atypical Family tells the story of a family of superpowered individuals who have lost their abilities due to chronic diseases common to modern-day people and a woman who becomes involved with them. 

The stills depict Bok Dong Hee's (Claudia Kim) shocking transformation. Once a successful model, she has now gained significant weight and lost her ability to fly due to her heavy body.

rNxNdZ_2f.png

0wvw7Y_2f.png

Just as she attempts to break free from the constraints of the Bok family, a "suspicious intruder" named Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) appears, bringing variables to her plans.  

Claudia Kim described Bok Dong Hee saying, "Bok Dong Hee is like a character someone looks up to. Although she has her inner conflicts and stress, she doesn’t compare herself to others and strives to become a better person with her own confidence."

Z8o8AL_2f.png

Commenting on her first-ever attempt to try on special makeup to portray Bok Dong Hee, Claudia Kim said, "It was much more challenging than I had imagined. However, looking at the scenes, I feel grateful as an actress that my character Bok Dong Hee is enriched [through special makeup]."

She also commented on the reason for choosing The Atypical Family, saying, "After watching director Jo Hyun Taek's previous drama SKY Castle, I thought he depicted the conflicts between characters well. I became curious about how he would direct The Atypical Family. I also liked the actors I would be working with, and I was eager to play and grew fond of Bok Dong Hee as she seemed like a difficult character to approach. I was excited about the physical transformation."

https://mydramalist.com/article/claudia-kim-comments-on-her-first-ever-special-makeup-attempt-for-the-atypical-family

20240417014332_atypical-family-1.jpeg?s=Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Want To Rescue Each Other In "The Atypical Family" Poster

Apr 17, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Atypical Family” has unveiled a heart-fluttering new poster!

Jang Ki Yong will play the “depressed time traveler” Bok Gwi Joo, who was once a firefighter with positive energy and a strong sense of calling, but is now having trouble getting through each day. Chun Woo Hee will star as Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s family.

The newly released poster captivates with Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae’s heart-fluttering eye contact. As if time has stopped, the two can’t take their eyes off each other with their deep and steady gazes. Bok Gwi Joo has lost the ability to time slip into a happy moment from the past after losing his happiness in the present, but Do Da Hae will create unexpected changes in his life with her presence.

In the poster, Do Da Hae tries to touch Bok Gwi Joo’s hand that is dimly fading away. The text, “I will save you,” raises anticipation for how Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae will end up saving each other.

atypical-family.jpeg

Spoiler

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee's Relationship Changes After A Tense First Encounter In

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee's Relationship Changes After A Tense First Encounter In "The Atypical Family"

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Atypical Family” has shared new stills of its leads!

Jang Ki Yong will play the “depressed time traveler” Bok Gwi Joo, who was once a firefighter with positive energy and a strong sense of calling, but is now having trouble getting through each day. Although Bok Gwi Joo has the ability to time-travel to when he was happy, he loses both his happiness and his special power due to an unexpected accident. Chun Woo Hee will star as Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s family.

The newly released stills depict the first encounter between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae. After being invited to the Bok family mansion by Bok Gwi Joo’s mother, Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim), Do Da Hae finds herself in a tense confrontation with Bok Gwi Joo. Bok Gwi Joo exudes a dark aura as he glares at Do Da Hae with suspicion, while Do Da Hae stands her ground and looks back at him with a smile on her face.

atypical-family-2.jpg

atypical-family-3.jpg

The next photo hints at a change in the relationship between Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae, who smiles happily as she smells the bouquet of flowers handed to her by Bok Gwi Joo.

Meanwhile, the way Bok Gwi Joo stares intently at Do Da Hae suggests that there is something different about the dynamic between the two characters compared to before.

atypical-family-4.jpg

In the final set of photos, a playful Do Da Hae suddenly reaches out and touches Bok Gwi Joo, leaving him flustered. Viewers can’t help wondering about the identity of the mysterious intruder Do Da Hae, who will shake up Bok Gwi Joo’s world.

Spoiler

atypical-family-5.jpg

atypical-family-6.jpg

Jang Ki Yong commented, “I’ve always enjoyed watching Chun Woo Hee’s work, and I really wanted to work with her someday. Through working togther in ‘The Atypical Family,’ I realized that I have a lot in common with her. Our acting chemistry was great, and I was able to learn a lot from her.”

Chun Woo Hee shared, “The more we filmed together, the better synergy we developed. There were many emotionally and physically challenging scenes, but we relied on each other and encouraged each other. I think that’s why we were able to create such good scenes.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655219wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hees-relationship-changes-after-a-tense-first-encounter-in-the-atypical-family

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Want To Rescue Each Other In

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Want To Rescue Each Other In "The Atypical Family" Poster

JTBC’s upcoming drama “The Atypical Family” has unveiled a heart-fluttering new poster!

Jang Ki Yong will play the “depressed time traveler” Bok Gwi Joo, who was once a firefighter with positive energy and a strong sense of calling, but is now having trouble getting through each day. Chun Woo Hee will star as Do Da Hae, a mysterious woman who appears in front of Bok Gwi Joo’s family.

The newly released poster captivates with Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae’s heart-fluttering eye contact. As if time has stopped, the two can’t take their eyes off each other with their deep and steady gazes. Bok Gwi Joo has lost the ability to time slip into a happy moment from the past after losing his happiness in the present, but Do Da Hae will create unexpected changes in his life with her presence.

In the poster, Do Da Hae tries to touch Bok Gwi Joo’s hand that is dimly fading away. The text, “I will save you,” raises anticipation for how Bok Gwi Joo and Do Da Hae will end up saving each other.

atypical-family.jpeg

The production team asked viewers to anticipate how Bok Gwi Joo will regain his lost abilities and save Do Da Hae through their meeting. They added, “Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee’s fantasy savior romance will deliver new enjoyment and heart-fluttering excitement.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655367wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-want-to-rescue-each-other-in-the-atypical-family-poster

News bites: April 17, 2024

by tccolb

202404170924535473.jpg

Romance is blossoming on JTBC’s newest poster as well, with Jang Ki-yong (Now We Are Breaking Up) and Chun Woo-hee (Delightfully Deceitful) headlining The Atypical Family. Coming to our screens on May 4, the fantasy series has PD Jo Hyun-tak (Snowdrop, SKY Castle) at the helm with Joo Hwa-mi (Welcome, Marriage Not Dating) penning the scripts. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/news-bites-april-17-2024/

by Lily Alice, April 18, 2024

JTBC's upcoming weekend drama The Atypical Family dropped stills offering a sneak peek into the character dynamics of Chun Woo HeeGo Doo ShimJang Ki YongKim Su HyunPark So Yi, and Oh Man Seok

The stills bring attention to the family dynamics of the Bok Family. Bok Gwi Joo (Jang Ki Yong), who lost both his happiness and the superpower to travel back in time due to depression, made his entrance amidst the bustling preparations for a family party looking all dull and depressed.  

jQ402J_2f.jpg

The sight of him expressing bitterness toward his sister, Bok Dong Hee (Kim Su Hyun, aka Claudia Kim), heightens anticipation for the dynamic chemistry between the bickering siblings. In another still, Bok Dong Hee seems preoccupied wondering why she feels uneasy about Do Da Hae's arrival. Her sharp gaze further piques curiosity as to why she is wary of her.

E5D7pW_2f.jpg

Spoiler

BdwjmV_2f.jpg

d0ozA5_2f.jpg

The next still features Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim), Gwi Joo's mother. Bok Man Heum lost her power to see the future in her dreams due to insomnia. She senses a special energy from Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) and brings her to the Bok family mansion as a measure to revive the family, whose members have lost their superpowers.

Then there is Eom Soon Gu (Oh Man Seok), Gwi Joo's father. Eom Soon Gu, who has diligently protected the family, is gentle and affectionate.

Spoiler

kAW7Y8_2f.jpg

eYo8Ep_2f.jpg

Bok Yi Na (Park So Yi), Bok Gwi Joo's daughter who keeps her distance from Do Da Hae, is also intriguing in her own way. Her oversized glasses hint at her smartphone addiction. She remains indifferent to everyone, and unlike the other members of the Bok Family, Bok Yi Na's superpowers are unknown and she struggles with her late manifestation of abilities.

Jang Ki Yong expressed his thoughts on the synergy of the Bok Family, saying, "From the atmosphere on set to the energy, everything was great. Seeing all the actors acting passionately energized me."

Claudia Kim also commented, "It was comfortable. I acted naturally with Go Doo Shim, bickering as if we were a real mother and daughter, and I acted in a friendly manner with Jang Ki Yong ... and Park So Yi and I kind of became each other's fans. Oh Man Seok was also cheerful and made me feel comfortable." 

https://mydramalist.com/article/jang-ki-yong-and-others-react-differently-to-chun-woo-hee-s-arrival-in-the-atypical-family

20240419010728_Jang-Ki-Yong-Chun-Woo-HeeWatch: Jang Ki Yong And Claudia Kim's Supernatural Family Startles Chun Woo Hee In "The Atypical Family" Teaser

Apr 19, 2024
by E Cha

JTBC has shared a new sneak peek of its upcoming drama “The Atypical Family”!

“The Atypical Family” is a fantasy romance drama about a family that once had supernatural powers, but lost them after suffering from realistic modern-day problems.

Jang Ki Yong will star as Bok Gwi Joo, who once had the ability to time-travel to a moment when he was happy. However, after becoming depressed due to a devastating accident, no moment in his life is happy anymore—and so Bok Gwi Joo loses both his happiness and his special power to travel to the past.

In the newly released teaser, Do Da Hae (Chun Woo Hee) seeks out the Bok family with a basket of flowers. But in contrast to Bok Man Heum (Go Doo Shim)’s warm welcome, Bok Gwi Joo acts aloof and unhappy to see her. Bok Dong Hee (Claudia Kim) then cryptically reveals, “Our family wasn’t originally like this. We wound up like this because each of us is broken.”

Do Da Hae then begins to explore the secrets of the Bok family and their superpowers: Bok Man Heum can see the future through her dreams, Bok Dong Hee can fly, and Bok Gwi Joo can travel to the past. Only Bok Yi Na doesn’t seem to have any superpowers, but there is something secretive about the young girl that leads Do Da Hae to keep an eye on her. Meanwhile, Bok Yi Na seems surprised that their new guest is still around, asking, “She still hasn’t run away?”

Bok Man Heum declares, “There’s no doubt. She’s the savior who will bring back our lost powers.” The teaser ends with Do Da Hae running away after being startled by something she sees. 

“The Atypical Famly” will premiere on May 4 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1655890wpp/watch-jang-ki-yong-and-claudia-kims-supernatural-family-startles-chun-woo-hee-in-the-atypical-family-teaser

April 19 2024

Teaser trailer 3 for JTBC drama “The Atypical Family”

The_Atypical_Family-tp03.jpeg

Teaser trailer 3 added for JTBC drama series “The Atypical Family” starring Jang Ki-Yong and Chun Woo-Hee. The fantasy-romance drama has Chun Woo-Hee as Do Da-Hae meeting the very atypical family of Jang Ki-Yong as Bok Gwi-Joo. Narration in the teaser trailer goes (0:02) Soo-Hyun “My family isn’t normally like this,” (0:10) Chun Woo-Hee “Bok Man-Heum can see the future. Bok Dong-Hee can fly. Bok Gwi-Joo can travel back in time. Bok Yi-Na can’t do anything,” (0:23) Park So-Yi “You still haven’t run away?,” (0:26) Ko Du-Shim “I’m sure she is the savior who will take back the abilities that we’ve lost.”    

“The Atypical Family” first airs  May 4, 2024  in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Bok Gwi-Joo (Jang Ki-Yong) and his family were born with different supernatural powers. Bok Gwi-Joo is able to travel back in time, but only to happy times in his life. He can’t change the past, so he can only dwell on those happy moments. Bok Gwi-Joo becomes afflicted with depression and this leads him to lose his supernatural power. His family also loses their own powers due to modern day problems like insomnia, bulimia, and smartphone addiction. One day, Do Da-Hae (Chun Woo-Hee) happens to get involved with Bok Gwi-Joo and his family. She begins to live with them and change occurs.

teaser

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-jtbc-drama-the-atypical-family