Blonde Asians?

Guest YunHo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest raindrops

I think generally, it looks tacky. Most of the time, home-dyed blondes turn out yellow or orange which makes it look bad. Blonde is a really high maintenance colour if you're naturally dark-haired (like we asians are). I think the worst thing is regrowth, it looks nasty especially when you have the top half of your head black from regrowth and the ends are yellowing/orange because you haven't maintained your blonde with toner or whatever.

Guest Caramel.Frapp

I feel it depends on everything, right from the facial structure down to the skin colour.

I've had blonde hair many times, being an Asian, I didn't go bright blonde, but an ashy shade, which I absolutely loved.

Guest Deltan

photoxz.jpg

It really depends on the type of blonde your going for,

theres warm and cool blonde

i'm a cool blonde which has more ash tone in it, i dont suit the yellow blonde at all

generally i think ash blonde looks better for asians wanting to go blonde

Guest macchamilk

There's no reason why not. It just depends on finding a color that suits your skin tone. That applies as much to asians as to the other races. White people with bleached blonde hair sometimes look really weird, it's because the colour just isn't quite right. So it's not limited to race. Just a tough decision if you wanna dye your brows or not haha

Guest daradiridaraduu-

Well, look at Kyo from Dir en Grey.

I like him better blonde ><

Da sexy.

kyo20.jpg

dir_en_grey_3593.jpg

Kyo37.jpg

and i do find him the sexiest man on the planet plus two.

sorry if the pictures were....quite large ;-;

Guest jenny____x

i think xiaxue pulls off the blonde hair really well.

even in her videos when there isn't any photoshop.

however it looks especially good in her pictures though ahhaa

she talks about maintaining healthy hair in her latest blog

p1020053s.jpg

p1020009e.jpg

2010feb.jpg

Guest kay.sun123456

^ agreed.

Ususally they have to be really pretty and not so asian looking (i.e. not so slanty eyes, a decent nose (a lot of them have flat ones :P ,SKIN TONE! etc.)

Guest EmYueAnh

It really depends on your skin tone/color and whatnot.

Like if your skin is more a cooler tone, obviously bright warmer toned blonde hair isn't going to go well.

:\

I go blonde once and awhile; to bleach it out for a different color.

37401_413614817730_712722730_4398645_4137658_n.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad on me, and most people say I pull it off well.

But eh. Too much maintenance to keep blonde, roots and whatnot.

Guest Rainie Yu

This is also the same with Caucasians who dye their hair black....some don't look good with it.

it all depends on how you pull it off.

Exactly O: !!

Also I think it suits more paler people or people with a golden tan, not really a brown tan.

Also they should do something with their black eyebrows! Blonde hair and black eyebrows make it look weird :3

same for a girl I knew who is caucasian dyes her hair black..she has to dye her eyebrows too!

Guest Annyon

Platinum blond on asians look horrible. That's my opinion. I've had a blondish color before, but never platinum... That's just ewww...

Guest kissmysoul

i agree that it depends on the colour of the skin and the colour of the blonde itself, but

i see WAY TOO MANY ugly full bleach blonde asian girls, it looks tacky and trashy, it doesn't flatter

the skin or compliment their looks imo...its just a bad trend =__=

Guest kwalkinz

I love blonde Asians! :D

After seeing Asians looking fabulous with blonde hair it makes me want to go blonde myself XD

But maintaining it sounds hard so that's the only thing that's stopping me from doing it.

Archived