[Drama 2022] Gold Spoon, 금수저

0ly40

NEW EVENT: Spooky Soompi: Part 2 (Ghosts & Zombies & All Things Spooky in K-Dramas & K-Movies!)

We are back with Part 2 of our  Spooky Soompi. :evillaugh:

Let's talk about all our favourite spookiest K-dramas and K-Movies that we absolutely love watching  in spite of experiencing sleepless nights afterwards. :fear:

Vote for your favourites now! :hooray:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart  @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Lee Jong Won Uncover New Secrets After Switching Lives Again In “The Golden Spoon”

Secrets will slowly but surely get revealed in the upcoming episodes of “The Golden Spoon”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” is a drama about a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family. BTOB’s Yook Sungjae stars as Lee Seung Chun, the student who hopes to turn his life around with the titular golden spoon, while Lee Jong Won plays Hwang Tae Yong, the privileged friend whose life Lee Seung Chun covets.

Spoilers

In Episode 12, Hwang Tae Yong stopped by Lee Seung Chun’s house on their shared birthday to drop off the side dishes from his family. However, an important rule of the magical golden spoon is that seeing your birth parents on your birthday reverts you back to your original family. But despite Hwang Tae Yong’s interaction with his birth father Hwang Hyun Do (Choi Won Young), the two remained in their switched state, confusing Lee Seung Chun.

This encounter was followed up by a surprise visit from Lee Seung Chun’s birth parents, which finally triggered the switch, but also raised questions about the birth secrets between these fathers and sons.

In the upcoming November 4 broadcast of “The Golden Spoon,” Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong switch lives once again and the hidden secrets of their entangled fate will start coming to light.

At an unexpected moment, Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong return to their original lives, raising curiosity about whether this will be their final switch, or whether Lee Seung Chun’s ambition will get the best of him. Additionally, Hwang Tae Yong will start showcasing a completely opposite attitude towards his father Hwang Hyun Do, making him flustered and confused.

Yook-Sungjae-2-800x533.jpeg

Yook-Sungjae-1-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Jong-Won-1-800x533.jpeg

Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong’s friend Na Joo Hee (DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon) also starts growing suspicious of their irregular behaviors, raising questions as to whether she’ll end up learning about the golden spoon. Additionally tangled up in this chaos is Oh Yeo Jin (Yeonwoo), who’s collaborated with Lee Seung Chun to become engaged to him as Hwang Tae Yong. Viewers can look forward to seeing how she’ll start acting once she discovers that they’ve switched back.

Spoiler

Jung-Chaeyeon-800x533.jpeg

Lee-Jong-Won-2-800x533.jpeg

Yeonwoo-800x533.jpeg

Episode 13 of “The Golden Spoon” will air on November 4. Instead of their usual 9:50 p.m. KST time slot, the drama will air this Friday at 10:40 p.m. KST following broadcasts of the 2022 KBO Korean Series and MBC’s “Newsdesk.”

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Lee Jong Won Uncover New Secrets After Switching Lives Again In “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yook Sungjae And Jung Chaeyeon’s Romantic Seaside Date Takes A Turn For The Worse In “The Golden Spoon”

MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is a drama about a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family.

Spoilers

Previously on “The Golden Spoon,” Lee Seung Chun (BTOB’s Yook Sungjae) ran into Na Joo Hee (DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon) at the church where they shared a meaningful moment together in the past. As he took the intoxicated Na Joo Hee home, she surprised him by confessing that the Seung Chun she knew now wasn’t the Seung Chun she liked.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Seung Chun and Na Joo Hee go on a romantic seaside date together, building sandcastles and gazing deeply into one another’s eyes.

However, in the midst of a serious conversation between the couple, Na Joo Hee suddenly says something that catches Lee Seung Chun off guard. After hearing what she has to say, an upset Lee Seung Chun rises to his feet and starts to walk away, despite Na Joo Hee’s attempts to stop him.

Yook-Sungjae-Jung-Chaeyeon-800x533.jpeg

Yook-Sungjae-Jung-Chaeyeon-2-800x533.jpe

Spoiler

Yook-Sungjae-Jung-Chaeyeon-3-800x533.jpe

To find out what Na Joo Hee says to elicit such a strong reaction from Lee Seung Chun, catch the next episode of “The Golden Spoon” on November 5 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Yook Sungjae And Jung Chaeyeon’s Romantic Seaside Date Takes A Turn For The Worse In “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

Here are the ratings for episode 13! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Golden Spoon” Ratings Rise As “Blind” Holds Steady Ahead Of Finale

Despite a change in air time, MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” saw its viewership rise last night!

On November 4, the fantasy drama starring BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae aired in a later time slot than usual due to baseball coverage. However, “The Golden Spoon” still enjoyed an increase in ratings: according to Nielsen Korea, the drama climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 5.5 percent for its latest episode.

“The Golden Spoon” Ratings Rise As “Blind” Holds Steady Ahead Of Finale | Soompi

Here are the ratings for episode 14! :).

MBC’s “The Golden Spoon,” which airs in the same time slot as “One Dollar Lawyer,” fell to an average nationwide rating of 5.1 percent ahead of the final week of its own run.

“One Dollar Lawyer” Heads Into Finale As Most-Watched Miniseries Of Entire Week + “Blind” Ends On Ratings Rise | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Na In Woo To Make Special Appearance In “The Golden Spoon”

MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” has shared a sneak peek of Na In Woo’s upcoming special

appearance!

On November 9, the production team behind “The Golden Spoon” officially announced, “Actor Na In Woo will be making a special appearance [in the drama] this week.”

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is a drama starring BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae as a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family.

Na In Woo will be playing the role of the gardener at Hwang Tae Yong (Lee Jong Won)’s family residence. As a key player in the story who knows a big secret, Na In Woo’s character will lead the plot in an interesting new direction.

Na-In-Woo-768x512.jpeg

In newly released stills from this week’s episodes, Na In Woo appears shocked by something he sees in Hwang Tae Yong’s room, raising the question of what could have happened to elicit such a reaction from the gardener.

Na-In-Woo-2-768x512.jpeg

Spoiler

Na-In-Woo-3-768x512.jpeg

To find out what kind of role Na In Woo’s character will play in the story, catch this week’s episodes of “The Golden Spoon” on November 11 and 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

Na In Woo To Make Special Appearance In “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t''

“The Golden Spoon” Responds To Allegations Of Favoritism

“The Golden Spoon” has responded to speculation of favoritism for certain cast members.

After MBC released their latest behind-the-scenes video from the set of “The Golden Spoon,” many viewers expressed concern and confusion that the drama was showing favoritism by promoting certain actors over the lead stars. Although the video title and description focused on the drama’s lead actor BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae, it appeared that his co-star Son Woo Hyun had much more screentime.

In response to viewers’ concerns, a representative of the drama shared, “‘The Golden Spoon’ was the best drama where the actors showcased the best teamwork. The set atmosphere could not have been better, with the supporting actors becoming central members. We apologize for inconveniencing the actors and the viewers who love our drama through this controversy.”

They continued to emphasize the peaceful and good-natured set atmosphere, commenting, “Like the idols that they are, main actors Yook Sungjae, Jung Chaeyeon, and Yeonwoo all take lead and do not hesitate in promoting the project. It’s to the point where they step up and take care of Lee Jong Won and Son Woo Hyun, who are not as familiar with making-of videos.”

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is a drama about a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family. The drama’s final two episodes will air this week on November 11 and 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

“The Golden Spoon” Responds To Allegations Of Favoritism | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The Tension Is Palpable Between BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Choi Won Young In “The Golden Spoon”

The tension continues to climb on MBC’s “The Golden Spoon”!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is a drama starring BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae as Lee Seung Chun, a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family.

Spoilers

The conflict between Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Hyun Do (Choi Won Young) is nearing its climax in the drama, as Lee Seung Cheon tries to uncover all the atrocities Hwang Hyun Do has committed. The two continue to dance around one another in an intense battle of nerves, with their similar use of the golden spoon to live different lives and fulfill their desires a common thread that runs between them.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Hyun Do face one another in a slightly spooky-looking building, with the tension between them darkening the space even more.

choi-won-young-768x510.jpg

yook-sungjae-choi-won-young-2-768x510.jp

Spoiler

yook-sungjae-choi-won-young-768x510.jpg

The next episodes of “The Golden Spoon” will air on November 11 and November 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

The Tension Is Palpable Between BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Choi Won Young In “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Lee Jong Won Go Back To The Place Where It All Began In “The Golden Spoon”

MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” has shared a glimpse of a fateful moment from its upcoming episode!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is a drama about a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family.

Spoilers

On the next episode of “The Golden Spoon,” Lee Seung Chun (BTOB’s Yook Sungjae) will finally open up to Hwang Tae Yong (Lee Jong Won) about the past, leading the two to make amends.

In newly released stills from the episode, Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong share a conversation at an especially meaningful location: the place where Lee Seung Chun fell into the water after the two got into a physical fight back in high school. It was this very incident that drove Lee Seung Chun to make up his mind to swap lives with Hwang Tae Yong, lending particular significance to this meeting—after all these years, the two men are finally back where everything started.

Plagued by guilt and regret, Lee Seung Chun sincerely apologizes to Hwang Tae Yong for stealing his life from him out of greed. He then reveals that he is getting ready for his final meeting with the elderly woman who sold him the golden spoon, raising the question of whether the two men will decide to go back to their original lives or stay where they are.

Yook-Sungjae-Lee-Jong-Won-768x512.jpeg

Yook-Sungjae-768x512.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Jong-Won-768x512.jpeg

Lee-Jong-Won-Yook-Sungjae-768x512.jpeg

The producers of “The Golden Spoon” teased, “In Episode 15, there is a moment when the tangled threads linking Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong, whose fates were switched due to the golden spoon, will unravel. Please keep an eye on the final choices made by the two people, who have come to recognize both their foolish greed and their true love for their parents because of the golden spoon.”

The next episode of “The Golden Spoon” will air on November 11 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

BTOB’s Yook Sungjae And Lee Jong Won Go Back To The Place Where It All Began In “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

Here are the ratings for episode 15! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“One Dollar Lawyer” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Golden Spoon” Sees Slight Rise Ahead Of Finale

Despite facing stiff competition from “One Dollar Lawyer,” MBC’s “The Golden Spoon”—which airs in the same time slot—enjoyed a slight rise in viewership for its penultimate episode. With just one episode left in its run, the fantasy drama starring BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae climbed to an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent ahead of its own series finale.

“One Dollar Lawyer” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet As “The Golden Spoon” Sees Slight Rise Ahead Of Finale | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yook Sungjae Fights For The Truth + Jung Chaeyeon Breaks Down Sobbing In “The Golden Spoon” Finale

MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” has unveiled an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming series finale!

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s final episode, Lee Seung Chun (BTOB’s Yook Sungjae) wears an expression of quiet determination as he continues his fight to expose Hwang Hyun Do’s true nature. Refusing to give up, Lee Seung Chun will lead the story in an unexpected direction in the finale.

Yook-Sungjae-3-768x512.jpeg

Meanwhile, Hwang Tae Yong (Lee Jong Won) doesn’t back down in a face-off with Hwang Hyun Do, his eyes full of resentment as he glares angrily at the other man. As he finally explodes in a rage of emotion, Hwang Tae Yong will wind up learning a secret about Hwang Hyun Do that has not yet been revealed.

Lee-Jong-Won-3-768x512.jpeg

As for Na Joo Hee (DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon), her story will take an unpredictable turn in the final episode. Facing her second major crisis after the death of her father, Na Joo Hee falls to the ground sobbing in a heartbreaking moment.

Spoiler

Jung-Chaeyeon-1-768x512.jpeg

Finally, Oh Yeo Jin (Yeonwoo) will go through some unexpected changes of her own after breaking off her engagement with Lee Seung Chun.

Spoiler

Yeonwoo-1-768x512.jpeg

The producers of “The Golden Spoon” teased, “Up until the very end [of the drama], plot twist after plot twist lies ahead in the story. Please keep an eye on the journey of Lee Seung Chun, Hwang Tae Yong, Na Joo Hee, and Oh Yeo Jin overcoming the situations in which they find themselves, and please stay tuned to find out if a happy ending awaits them.”

The series finale of “The Golden Spoon” will air on November 12 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Yook Sungjae Fights For The Truth + Jung Chaeyeon Breaks Down Sobbing In “The Golden Spoon” Finale | Soompi

Here are the ratings for episode 16! *Last episode* :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The First Responders” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “The Golden Spoon” Ends On Rise

Meanwhile, MBC’s “The Golden Spoon,” which airs in the same time slot as “The First Responders,” saw a rise in viewership for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the fantasy drama starring BTOB‘s Yook Sungjae scored an average nationwide rating of 6.0 percent.

“The First Responders” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “The Golden Spoon” Ends On Rise | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Yook Sungjae, Jung Chaeyeon, Lee Jong Won, And Yeonwoo Bid Farewell To “The Golden Spoon”

The stars of MBC’s “The Golden Spoon” have shared their goodbyes to the drama!

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “The Golden Spoon” is about a student born into a poor family who uses a magical golden spoon to swap fates with a friend born into a wealthy family. The drama aired its finale on November 12 to a ratings rise.

Following the drama’s conclusion, the main cast of “The Golden Spoon,” including BTOB’s Yook Sungjae, DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon, Lee Jong Won, and Yeonwoo, shared their closing comments and farewell messages.

Yook Sungjae commented, “I feel regretful now that I think about how it’s the end. This is my first project in awhile [due to military enlistment] so thank you for sending so much attention and support. I think ‘The Golden Spoon’ will remain as a project where you can Yook Sungjae’s intense and ambitious acting.” He added, “Although the plot was difficult and deep, a lot of people enjoyed and investigated with each episode, so I was very happy.”

Regarding the most memorable scene, Yook Sungjae shared, “The scene in Episode 12 where [my character] Lee Seung Chun and Hwang Tae Yong [Lee Jong Won] discuss whether they’ll choose their real parents or live life as they are is memorable. I thought their wounds and emotions were conveyed well on-screen, so I liked it.”

Yook-Sungjae-1-1-768x512.jpeg

Jung Chaeyeon remarked, “It’s not an exaggeration to say that I was with ‘The Golden Spoon’ all throughout 2022. That’s why I think it’ll remain as a sweet memory for a long time. This was a time when I personally grew a lot and while living as [my character] Na Joo Hee, I laughed a lot and received lots of energy.”

Jung Chaeyeon chose her character’s beach reunion scene with Lee Seung Chun in Episode 13 as the most memorable, commenting, “I teared up at the scene where she hugs Lee Seung Chun, who’s tormented and blaming himself, with her words, saying that she missed him.”

Jung-Chaeyeon-1-1-768x512.jpeg

Lee Jong Won shared, “In no time at all, ‘The Golden Spoon’ has come to an end. Did everyone watch enjoyably? I also enjoyed watching from a viewer’s perspective. All throughout watching, I’d smile because I was reminded of my memories from filming. I feel good because I feel I was able to showcase a variety of my acting. The reason we were safely able to finish until Episode 16 is all because of those who sent so much love and attention. Thank you for supporting us until the end and I will greet you next time with an even better image.”

Spoiler

Lee-Jong-Won-4-768x512.jpeg

After promoting as an idol with MOMOLAND for around three years, Yeonwoo made her transition into acting in 2019. She commented, “The fact that my acting career is a bit longer than my idol career makes me think, ‘time has gone by really quickly.'” She continued, “[Being in] an idol group was work I poured my everything into. Although it wasn’t a long period of my youth, it was the foundation of my late teens and early twenties. Since I finished that work quickly, there was a void that came from that. I wandered a lot. That difficult time made it possible for my current self to not break down.”

A few of Yeonwoo’s co-stars have also promoted as idols, including Yook Sungjae and Jung Chaeyeon. “I felt that we were similar in our sincerity for this work. Instead of thinking ‘I’ll just try acting,’ [we had] the thought of ‘I really want to do well.'”

She elaborated that this sincerity got her cast in “The Golden Spoon,” explaining, “I emphasized to the director that I wanted to appear in ‘The Golden Spoon’ no matter what. Although [my character] Oh Yeo Jin is unlikeable, she’s a character you want to take care of. The fact that I felt those emotions made me really ambitious.”

Yeonwoo also described “The Golden Spoon” as a turning point that allowed her to grow, saying, “I learned how to be satisfied with my acting. I realized ‘I can do this kind of acting too’ and this became a project that helped me break stereotypes. I think I’ll remember it for a long, long time.”

Spoiler

Yeonwoo-2-768x512.jpeg

Yook Sungjae, Jung Chaeyeon, Lee Jong Won, And Yeonwoo Bid Farewell To “The Golden Spoon” | Soompi

• partyon changed the title to [Drama 2022] Gold Spoon, 금수저