Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

[Interview #3] Song Il-gook's 3 colors, "During election campaign, I have to be a good son"

photo707540.jpg

Song Il-gook's mother is a Saenuri-party candidate of the National Assembly. She was the 18th and 19th member of the National Assembly and this coming 13th of April, she's running for the district of Songpa. She used to be an actress in the past.

"I know I'll be shamed but I have to do it".

Song Il-gook is going to help out his mother with her campaign. "I will be criticized whether I do it or not. I can't avoid it and if I'm going to be criticized anyways I'd rather be a good son to my mother".

As an actor taking part in the campaign he said, "It's pressure of course but my mother told me to be human before an actor. I am an actor who has fans, but I am also a son. I can't ignore that fact".

"My mother has always been 'Song Il-gook's mom'. This time, I want to be 'Kim Eul-dong's son Song Il-gook'".

"I have worked hard to become an actor but my parents and my ancestors played a big part in my life. I have to do my best for my family and I have to be a good son to my mom like I'm trying to be a good father to my children".

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n...

Translation : Hancinema

MORE --

[Interview #2] Song Il-gook's 3 colors, "I am a 80% triplet's daddy"

photo707537.jpg

Song Il-gook is father to triplets Dae-han, Min-guk and Man-se. He married his wife in 2008 and they had triplets 4 years later in 2012. The father and sons starred in the KBS 2TV show "The Return of the Superman" for a while.

"The triplets are the greatest gift of my life"

Song Il-gook loves his triplets. He talked mostly about them during the interview. "Thanks to them I am more responsible as an actor and I have a friendlier image. I wouldn't be here today without them".

"I thought a lot about starring in "The Return of the Superman". I worried that show wouldn't have a good influence on my children. My wife thought the same. I asked Yoo Dong-geun for advice and he said I should do it. He said I would earn more from the TV show and in fact the triplets got so much love I owe so much to the show".

"I am not afraid of anything after becoming a father. I used to be picky about work before my children. I wanted to look cool and cared a lot about my image. However, marriage and my children have changed the way I think".

"I can do anything with the energy my children give me. It's the pressure of being a father. I am happy as a father and I love being called, 'the triplets dad' instead of 'actor Song Il-gook'".

"There are ups and downs of being in a TV show. However, "The Return of the Superman" was the best thing that ever happened to me. The best broadcasting team captured my children's best moments on tape. It's going to mean a lot to them in the future. I am just waiting for the time when I can watch "The Return of the Superman" again with my grown triplets".

Song Il-gook and his boys stepped down from the show on the 7th of February but they can be seen on Song Il-gook's SNS. He posts everyday pictures of the triplets himself. The triplets' exclusive SNS has more than a million followers. Fans even presented Song Il-gook with a better phone so that he can take better pictures of the triplets.

About his goal in life, Song Il-gook said, "I want to be a proud father and a good husband. It's nothing fancy but it takes a lot to stick by what you have".

"Raising children is hard. I am only 80% good enough to be a daddy. The other 20% isn't easy to fill up. But one thing is for sure and that's for the parents to be happy for the children to be happy".

photo707538.jpg

Source : starin.edaily.co.kr/n...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 10

[Interview #1] Song Il Kook's 3 Colors, "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" was Perfect for Me

photo707535.jpg

Song Il-Kook is an actor. He used to like drawing as a teenager so he wanted to go to art school but things didn't work out and he ended up in Theater and Film to do stage art. Everyone knows the story of him following his mother and actress Kim Eul-dong to work and becoming an actor on Yoo Dong-geun's suggestion. He debuted in 1998 and rose to stardom with the historical drama "Jumong".

"I want to act until I'm in my grave"

The lead actor of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" was in a café in Seoul on the 30th. He said, "I promised myself not to be in a historical drama after "Jumong" but I was in "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". It was a good drama as we ended in the 10s".

Song Il-Kook played Jang Yeong-sil in "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". He was born in a low class but was skilled with his hands and was spotted by King Sejong.

"I asked the director why he cast me once. I didn't think I fit in this drama. He told me he thought a lot with the writer. I am a curious person who is curious enough to have 3 boxes of tools to make anything I want. When I told my family the role I was going to be in, my sister said it was just right for me".

"I learned that historical dramas are tiresome even without the swords. It took a lot of thought to make this drama and I felt bad every time I caused an NG. The drama turned out well because of everyone's hard work. I could've done better and I feel bad for that".

What's next? Song Il-Kook said, "I have to continue acting. I moved to C-Jes recently and I promise to be back soon. As an actor, I am going to act until I can't".

photo707536.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/interview-nb1-song-il-gook-s-3-colors-jang-yeong-sil--drama-was-perfect-for-me-92951.html

• Like 7

I agree with SIK.  Whether he helps or not in her mother's electoral campaign, people will criticize him.  One for dragging his name in politics if he helped and for being an uncaring son if he did not.  It's just right to fullfil his duty as a good son.  He knows he is a big factor in her mom's reelection.  The first time she ran for the  election before, he didn't help and she lost.  When she ran again, he joined the campaign and she won.  He can't abandon her now.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Chellsee said:

I'm happy to see SIK is active again.  We can see his popularity is coming back by the number of interviews being translated to English.  I remember in the past, fans had to pay to get his interview translated.  Thanks to his new agency C-Jes.

tumblr_o4w872bmPU1tjt42ro2_1280.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adorable Minute Maid CF Behind the Scene of Triplets and their appa.  Look at our beloved triplets:  happy, healthy, beautiful with a good appetite, who wouldn't want them representing their food products?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know I'll be shamed but I have to do it".

Song Il-gook is going to help out his mother with her campaign. "I will be criticized whether I do it or not. I can't avoid it and if I'm going to be criticized anyways I'd rather be a good son to my mother".

Wise answer!  I don't mind seeing SIK together with Mother Dragon at campaign but I still feel uncomfortable seeing SIK and his ancestors in Mother's campaign billboard.

• Like 7

Stars Campaign for Relatives in General Elections

photo707775.jpg

Clockwise from top left, Song Il-gook, Shim Eun-ha, Park Jung-sook, Son Ga-yeong, Lee Honey, Kim Kyung-ran

Celebrities are rallying behind family members who are running for office in this month's general elections.

Candidates include former actress and Saenuri Party lawmaker Kim Eul-dong and her fellow lawmaker Ji Sang-wook.

Kim's son is actor Song Il-gook, whose triplets rose to fame after appearing on a TV show, while Ji's wife is former actress Shim Eun-ha.

The candidates pictured their celebrity son and wife in their campaign posters. Song and Shim plan to appear on the stump at some point.

Lee Jae-young, who is running for the Saenuri Party in eastern Seoul, is the husband of versatile TV personality Park Jung-sook. Park was among the cast of the hit costume drama "Dae Jang Geum" and is appearing at rallies in hanbok or traditional Korean dress.

And Saenuri Party candidate Kim  Sang-min's wife is former KBS announcer Kim Kyung-ran. She appeared on the stump with him on Thursday.

The Minjoo Party is also being sprinkled with some stardust. Candidate Sohn Hye-won's niece is actress Son Ga-yeong, who appeared in the soaps "Gu Family Book" and "Sweet, Savage Family".

Minjoo Party lawmaker Moon Hee-sang is getting a campaign boost from his niece, former Miss Korea and actress Lee Honey. Lee also went on the stump with her uncle in the 2012 and 2008 general elections.

And actress Yoon Se-in is the daughter of Minjoo Party candidate Kim Boo-kyum, who is running in Daegu. Yoon campaigned for her father in the 2012 general elections but cannot do it this time since she just had a baby.

http://www.hancinema.net/stars-campaign-for-relatives-in-general-elections-93001.html

• Like 6

Song Il Gook Keeps an Eye on Comments About His Triplets

Song Il Gook Keeps an Eye on Comments About His Triplets

Actor Song Il Gook recently sat down for an interview to talk about his recently ended drama “Jang Young Sil” and other things that have been going on in his life.

During the interview, the interviewer asked Song Il Gook, “Do you read any of the comments [that netizens post]?”

Song Il Gook answered, “I don’t read them often. I don’t read ones about me but I do read comments about my triplets.”

On the subject of the triplets, the interviewer continued, “Many people are interested about your recently made Instagram account dedicated to the triplets.”

Song Il Gook explained how he felt about the reaction from the public, saying, “I was surprised, too. I surpassed a million followers in two weeks. I think the fans of ‘The Return of Superman‘ were curious of how the triplets are doing after the show,” and talks about managing their Instagram, “I had already made the account a while ago, but I couldn’t find good photos to post. I officially started it after finishing the drama. I have a 20-terabyte external hard drive at home [of photos and videos]. I call it the black hole because things enter it and never come out.”

source:soompi

• Like 10