Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

On 3/10/2016 at 10:11 AM, badsmuler said:

Great news SIKers...SIK new historical drama, JYS gets love calls from Japan and will also export to other 12 countries including China, Hongkong, Thailand, New Zealand etc.

Congrats to SIK and all JYS teams...they're really deserved it... :heart::heart:

Credit : http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2016/03/10/0200000000AKR20160310050251033.HTML?input=1179m

Hi badsmuler, thanks for sharing this link - great news to all his Japanese fans indeed! We all know that SIG had been banned from entering Japan after he participated in a protest event surrounding the contested Dokdo thing - Actually, the drama will air in (12) different countries, including Japan. The drama will air in China, Thailand, Hong Kong & Australia, and many more.....NICE. :P

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi badsmuler, thanks for sharing this link - great news to all his Japanese fans indeed! We all know that SIG had been banned from entering Japan after he participated in a protest event surrounding the contested Dokdo thing - Actually, the drama will air in (12) different countries, including Japan. The drama will air in China, Thailand, Hong Kong & Australia, and many more.....NICE. :P

Hello chinggu...actually this great news was became Top Topic in DAUM yesterday...very very happy for SIK successful comeback... :heart::heart:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Actually since last month JYS is already airing here in HK and  i caught my boss watching JYS an old man and owner of shipping company is a fan too! I feel so proud we have the same taste:D

• Like 7

6 hours ago, willenette said:

Indeed, SIK was banned in Japan few weeks after he participated at "Swimming to Dokdo" event - in August 13-15, 2012. It was supposed to air Fermentation Family / Balhyo Gajok and Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble in some Japanese tv channels, but they banned him few weeks - because in Japan there were elections. Well, after this the two dramas were aired, of course, the spirits calmed down. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/08/kim-jang-hoon-song-il-gook-others-to-swim-55-kilometers-to-mark-korean-independence-day

246921_344241112326763_925197267_n.jpg?o

297602_343687515715456_844897117_n.jpg?o

Have a splendid weekend!

Love you all, SIKers!

• Like 8

Spoiler

Descendants of The Sun sold to Japan in biggest deal in three years

On top of this, in 2012, in response to Song Il Gook’s participation in a swimming event promoting South Korea’s claim to Dokdo Island, the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs at the time stated through a broadcast, “We’re sorry, but it will be hard for him to enter Japan. We think that represents the Japanese people’s feelings as a whole.” This controversial event also contributed to the sharp decrease in Japanese interest in Hallyu dramas.

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/13/descendants-of-the-sun-sold-to-japan-in-biggest-deal-in-three-years/

I'm very angry with this news... :angry::angry:

Really, our SIK was the main cause for the Japanese decreasing interest in Korean dramas ???

With the latest news about SIK gets love calls from Japan and JYS had exported to 12 countries...this reporter definitely doesn't up to date or maybe BIAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badsmuler said:
  Hide contents

Descendants of The Sun sold to Japan in biggest deal in three years

On top of this, in 2012, in response to Song Il Gook’s participation in a swimming event promoting South Korea’s claim to Dokdo Island, the Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs at the time stated through a broadcast, “We’re sorry, but it will be hard for him to enter Japan. We think that represents the Japanese people’s feelings as a whole.” This controversial event also contributed to the sharp decrease in Japanese interest in Hallyu dramas.

Credit : http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/13/descendants-of-the-sun-sold-to-japan-in-biggest-deal-in-three-years/

I'm very angry with this news... :angry::angry:

Really, our SIK was the main cause for the Japanese decreasing interest in Korean dramas ???

With the latest news about SIK gets love calls from Japan and JYS had exported to 12 countries...this reporter definitely doesn't up to date or maybe BIAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's politics, @badsmuler , all politicians think they speak for their people's feelings - which is not the true! Between Japan and South Korea are some things to be clarified - Dokdo Islands for instance, with their gas reserves - so we can't do anything but hope our beloved K-dramas will not be injured in this fight. It's not SIK's fault! Japan is a huge market for Korean actors' commercials and movies-dramas, for a lot or K-entertainment products. Also SK is a huge market for Japanese products, so why would somebody blame SIK for something? Come on!  

Get a kiss and relax! :)

1005699_471868516230688_931437316_n.jpg?

• Like 5

Song Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday Early With Song Il Gook in Instagram Video

daehan-minguk-manse1.png

Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are celebrating their birthday a couple days early with their dad Song Il Gook!

On the morning of March 14, Song Il Gook shared a video of his beloved triplets to his Instagram. In the video, the boys sing “Happy Birthday” to themselves, with Daehan particularly into the song and Manse looking like he’s mostly excited about their giant cake! The cake appears to feature figures of the triplets and their dad, as well as some of their favorite things, such as a fire truck. There’s also a big pile of what looks like presents in the background!

When they finish up the song, the trio excitedly blows out the candles. Manse then points at the figures and turns to his dad behind the camera to ask, “What’s this?”

Song Il Gook writes as the caption to the video, “Since I can’t be with the children on the day of their birthday because I’ll be away in the countryside filming (T.T), we had an early birthday party~^^.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAEHAN MINGUK MANSE! 생일 축하합니다! :heart::heart: :heart:

• Like 13

The Song Triplets Are All Dressed Up at Their Aunt’s Wedding

The Song Triplets Are All Dressed Up at Their Aunt’s Wedding

On the night of March 12, Song Il Kook uploaded a recent picture taken with his sons to his personal Instagram.

Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are adorably dressed in the same “ddeokbokki” (Korean rice cake dish) coat, while Song Il Kook sports a more casual look with jeans.

He reveals the secret behind his beard, and writes, “Out in Seoul with Daehan, Minguk, Manse for the first time in a long time! At sister-in-law’s wedding~^^ Dad needs to go to film soon so the beard… T.T”

The Song triplets and their father’s last episode on KBS2’s “The Return of Superman” aired last month, and Song Il Kook is currently showing his prowess as an actor in KBS’s scientific, historical drama, “Jang Young Shil.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/12/the-song-triplets-are-all-dressed-up-at-their-aunts-wedding/

• Like 11

SIK's posted a message in GeNtLe: 

song19   08:47  
안녕하세요~^^ 젠틀가족여러분!
어제 보내주신 선물 감사히 잘 받았습니다. 아이들까지 챙겨주시는 마음에 정말 감동받았습니다. 사실... 많은 시간, 세월이 흘렀음에도 늘 변치 않고 한결같이 사랑해주시는 여러분들께 매번 이렇게 짧은 글로 감사 인사를 드리는 것 같아 송구스러울 뿐입니다. 제 표현이 부족하더라도 이해해주시고 여러분의 사랑을 항상 잊지 않고 최선을 다하겠습니다. 다시 한번 감사드립니다! 
젠틀 가족 모두 활기차고 행복한 한 주 되시길 기원하겠습니다! 
여러분 사랑합니다~♡ 

참, 아이들 옷 인증 사진 빠른(?) 시일 내에 꼭 올리겠습니다. 

Translation by Seoully:

Hello~ Gentle family!
I have received your gifts well yesterday. I was really moved by your heart even took care of the triplets. Actually... even a lot of time and years have gone, you love me as ever, I feel sorry that each time I use the short words to express my appreciation. Even my expression is deficient, you can understand me.  I will not forget your love and do my best. Thank you again!
I wish Gentle family would have an energetic and happy week!
I love you everyone~♡
Oh, I will upload the photo that the triplets wear the clothes soon.

945501_10153476455892263_436151520638676

• Like 9

On 3/11/2016 at 10:01 PM, starfire182921 said:

Actually since last month JYS is already airing here in HK and  i caught my boss watching JYS an old man and owner of shipping company is a fan too! I feel so proud we have the same taste:D

Hi starfire, thanks for the info that the drama is already airing in HK. NICE. :P

On 3/11/2016 at 0:49 AM, gabisikfan said:

Indeed, SIK was banned in Japan few weeks after he participated at "Swimming to Dokdo" event - in August 13-15, 2012. It was supposed to air Fermentation Family / Balhyo Gajok and Crime Squad / Detectives in Trouble in some Japanese tv channels, but they banned him few weeks - because in Japan there were elections. Well, after this the two dramas were aired, of course, the spirits calmed down. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2012/08/kim-jang-hoon-song-il-gook-others-to-swim-55-kilometers-to-mark-korean-independence-day

Have a splendid weekend!

Love you all, SIKers!

Hi gabisikfan, ahhh............so there were (2) dramas as well that has been aired there after this "Dokdo" event. I didn't know it.....Thanks for sharing the link. :P

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" Episode 21

photo701023.jpg

I don't really feel that bad for Hee-ji considering how often he manages to get embroiled in life-or-death situations, and then proceeds to enravel all the nearby characters in those same crises. Aside from how generally dangerous Hee-ji is as a friend, he has this bad habit of sucking the oxygen out of the room with his own mostly irrelevant storylines. There's a great montage here that's pretty much a greatest hits collection of Hee-ji either being a jerk or being interrupted by a conspiracy whenever he tries to act a little more senxible for a change.

Yeong-sil? Well, he's a friend to Hee-ji, and it's admirable the extent to which Yeong-sil is willing to stand up for Hee-ji. Sure, we should always be skeptical when a friend has a large visible gash and claims it's just a shaving cut. But when people start waving swords at Hee-ji it's usually because they've been stymied from brandishing their weapons at someone else. Although maybe I'm discussing this point a little too much. Post timeskip Hee-ji is nowhere to be seen and has presumably stopped interrupting the story. Maybe. I'm not making any promises.

So, onward to the next great scientific cause. In the immediate sense, though, Yeong-sil continues to just focus on science and the learning curve involved. I rather wish that "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" had gotten to discuss its astronomy more in-depth because it's often hard to grasp why the next stage of the conflict ends up being more difficult when the last stage seemed to have been solved by a random scientific insight. Earlier episodes addressed a lot of this by showing that Yeong-sil was keeping complicated records of his empirical observations.

But now, at this late date? I can still appreciate the stronger points of "Jang Yeong-sil - Drama". The musical beats are excellent. It's very easy to tell when a scene is dramatic, or how dramatic it is, when the score starts getting tense. Additionally, the bagpipe music is still great because it's become a sort of symbolic leitmotif of the greater importance of Yeong-sil's endeavors and why he's such a committed scholar.

Yet so much engaging material remains just beyond the periphery. The development of the Korean alphabet is thrown in here practically as an afterthought. This is somewhat sensible, given that Yeong-sil didn't have much to do with that particular initiative. Then again, most of Yeong-sil's activities throughout this drama have had a tangential relationship with his actual accomplishments, so logic here isn't much of a defense.

Review by William Schwartz

"Jang Yeong-sil - Drama" is directed by Kim Yeong-jo, written by Lee Myeong-hee, Ma Chang-joon and features Song Il-gook, Kim Sang-kyeong, Kim Young-cheol, Park Seon-yeong, Kim Do-hyun, Son Byeong-ho,...

source : Hancinema

• Like 5