[OFFICIAL] Rowoon ❤️ Park Eun Bin (RoBin/Park-Ro Couple) | The King's Affection

Gavn2310

My

16 hours ago, sydneygirl2000 said:

TKA was my very first kdrama and I was astounded by their chemistry ON & OFF esp their bts. Their impact stayed with me for months and found refuge here in this forum. I read everything from page 1. . I was truly encouraged when PEB did hardly any bts with KTO during EAW promo period. I am a KIM Rowoon stan but really like PEB for him. She is beautiful, smart, modest, great influence to Rwn .. AND PURE. . Again shes not doing anything much with MLs in CAD so the flickering flame of hope is surviving the drought era with no crumbs at all. 

I feel PEB & Rwn had a falling out last year thus Rwn admitted he went to his lowest point add to that the HATERS of and in SF9 which led to his decision to pick himself up, quit SF9 and re-launched himself as a fulltime actor. He can’t be an ice candy actor all the time, he changed his image, got rid of his inhibitions and limitations he adhered to before in order to be able to tackle more mature roles and become available to all roles as an actor.

He had to work harder as an x-IDOL.

I’d be in SUPER PANIC MODE the moment PEB starts to become bolder like Rwn.

I’ll collapse and lose all hope.

Right now I am hanging-on bcos of PEB.

Maybe PEB understands and is giving Rwn some latitude or giving signs to Rwn that they still have a chance if they broke-up or had a misunderstanding .. ok ok DELULU ok ok

My thoughts, if any one cares to know??? hahahaha

I agree with your KSW comments. Totally reasonable.

Now with PEB.

Think of when you were first felt love (romantic). If ever RoBin are truly in a relationship in whatever form, then this would be the FIRST for PEB. Now, go back to wherein you experienced love. Didn't you feel braver, bolder and freer? Like you can CONQUER the world? Like you wanted to shout to the and at the WORLD? Like you didn't care anymore what others said? Endorphins? A certain high? That is what I see in PEB. Something changed in PEB. Now, I don't know her that well since I just discovered her in EAW and TKA. But longtime PEB fans in this forum and other forums have all "testified" that PEB has done things that they never thought she would do. PEB HAS CHANGED. And when I did my own limited research, they were right.

The question to ask? What is that TRIGGER that made PEB change? My answer? Only LOVE can effect that kind of change. You can see it in PEB.

Woobin posted a picture of PEB in a sexier outfit and pose. Good for her. If she is in a relationship with KSW, then this is her being bolder/braver. If she is not, then this is REVENGE on KSW. Good for her. hahaha

Some other evidence:

1) Like you mentioned. She refused to or never did couple interviews, couple photoshoots with KTO. Unless, I am corrected. She has couple photoshoots with KMJ for DYLB. So what happened between DYLB and EAW? The answer?  TKA.

2) She has never shown this kind of closeness to any other male actor except for KSW.

3) She is so much more beautiful now. I don't know. That certain glow.

With KSW, I can not really understand. I am confused with him. The only one I am hanging onto is the "I love you" sign he gave the anonymous FT sender. But the best way to look for very small crumbs in the meantime is to look at what PEB is doing, how she is doing, how is she reacting and how is she acting?

We may conclude by INFERRING. Or just INFER by PEB's actions, if we can NOT get couple actions. If we can not get some evidence from both, together. Then we get it from only ONE.

Like what NTTD said, unless we get any solid evidence that they are not. Then, they are not.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, NTTD said:

So funny!  My husband just rolls his eyes whenever I talk about PEB. 

What Rowoon is doing is very normal to have a couple-photoshoot for a rom-com or melodrama; it's just our girl, PEB, is somehow different.  Can't wait for CAD to premier this Saturday!  

I think all of us here are still holding strong to our Robin relationship until it's proven otherwise.  

OH MY GOSH!! We heard the song Dream Us and of course, Hopeless all sung and played (guitar) by our lovely PEB!!!!!!!!

Her voice! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She nailed these two songs. We have yet to wait for the other songs when it premiers!!!!! But we are sure she NAILED all the songs on CAD!!!!

You GO GURL!!!!!!!!

On 10/25/2023 at 3:12 PM, MimiSchu said:

Rowoon with his leading ladies…

PEB and KSW just hit differently. They look strong and beautiful. What a power couple, fascinating and inspiring, together they could rule the world ❤️

Absolutely agree 9,371,464% agree.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:59 PM, MimiSchu said:

I think that this freer and boulder side we perceive right know in actor Rowoon is more in sync with Kim Seok-woo than idol Rowoon ever was. I just think that idol life did not suit him, especially as he was not only growing by age but also as a person.

I trust him when he says „I’m successfully managing to keep Seok-woo at the same time as developing Rowoon. That’s why I feel very free now“ (Quote from recent „another magazine“ interview). 

That is true MimiSchu. He probably thought about this long and hard that he is not getting any younger. And to him, he probably thinks that to advance his career and himself he has to take on bolder/braver roles.

Thank you for reminding us of that quote.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets.
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:27 AM, Pen G said:

"A fellow actor of them once said in an interview that it might be better for actors to not share too much of themselves, because otherwise the public will ever only see them in all the characters they will be portraying. That really resonated with me when I read this interview…"

I am so sorry! Maybe, I didn't understand what that fellow actor said?

If the actors/actress does not want the public to just only ever see them in the characters they will be portraying or have portrayed. Then, all the more reason they should share a little bit of their real sellves? Did I misunderstand?

What the mentioned actor meant to say is that the knowledge the viewer has about the personal life of an actor might effect the way the viewer perceives the characters the actor is portraying.

Of course I want to see Rowoon (per exemple) in loads of different roles, because I am fond of his acting, but as a viewer, while watching, I want to be completely immersed in the story. I want to forget that I am seeing actor Rowoon, I want to see Ji-woon.

And the mentioned actor thought that if actors remain more neutral or pure in the viewer‘s eyes, sort of like a blank page, it becomes easier for the viewers to dwell into the story. Because they don‘t mix in all this knowledge and background stories.

Some time ago I was really invested in a series evolving around a great love story. So I started researching about the actors and found out that the male lead was sort of a red flag, involved in multiple affairs with much younger women. And I must admit that it had a huge effect on how I perceived him and his acting afterwards. I wasn’t as invested as before and finally I couldn’t enjoy watching the series anymore…

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MimiSchu said:

What the mentioned actor meant to say is that the knowledge the viewer has about the personal life of an actor might effect the way the viewer perceives the characters the actor is portraying.

Of course I want to see Rowoon (per exemple) in loads of different roles, because I am fond of his acting, but as a viewer, while watching, I want to be completely immersed in the story. I want to forget that I am seeing actor Rowoon, I want to see Ji-woon.

And the mentioned actor thought that if actors remain more neutral or pure in the viewer‘s eyes, sort of like a blank page, it becomes easier for the viewers to dwell into the story. Because they don‘t mix in all this knowledge and background stories.

Some time ago I was really invested in a series evolving around a great love story. So I started researching about the actors and found out that the male lead was sort of a red flag, involved in multiple affairs with much younger women. And I must admit that it had a huge effect on how I perceived him and his acting afterwards. I wasn’t as invested as before and finally I couldn’t enjoy watching the series anymore…

Ahh! Got it.

Although, no one is really that "pure" in a sense that nothing can NOT be known about a person especially in this Information Age wherein you can just Google anyone.  :blush:

I also think it depends on the person watching. For example. I like Rowoon and his acting. But when I read that he drinks himself half-blind and he likes to drink a lot. I was kind of turned-off by his habit of always drinking. But when I watch him acting, I can separate his bad habits of drinking from his acting.

The opposite is also true. I shared in this forum that there are commentors on YT spreading false rumors that PEB is a lesbian and without ANY proof. And then that same commentor was asking me if I thought that a certain Song Kye Ho (I don't know who this is) is more beautiful than PEB. Then I realized this person was spreading false rumors about PEB because this person likes this SKH very much. It is also possible that it came from SKH talent agency people? Right? Who knows? Anything is possible. So, people could easily spread misinformation about someone else, without offering evidence or proof.

BUT I do get what you mean. Another example to your point: I don't really like Tom Cruise. I don't like his lfestyle, his personal life outside his acting. I don't like his attitude. He is known to be an arrogant person. So, I don't like to particualary watch his shows. The only time I watched one of his movies is Top Gun Maverick and I was just dragged by my husband. hahahahaha.

Thank you for your clarification to my question. Much appreciated.

22 hours ago, NTTD said:

I'm also from the States.

Same here.  I was so sure these two were in love but since it's been two years with hardly any crumbs, I'm mostly here to support PEB and of course Rowoon too.  However, I do miss the Rowoon during TKA era.  I know he's edgier, more confident, more expressive and outgoing now but I find him much more manly and handsome when he was with PEB.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a very attractive person.

Absolutely agree. Rowoon was Handsome, Healthy and Happy during TKA! More so than anywhere. IMHO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pen G said:

Ahh! Got it.

Although, no one is really that "pure" in a sense that nothing can NOT be known about a person especially in this Information Age wherein you can just Google anyone.  :blush:

I also think it depends on the person watching. For example. I like Rowoon and his acting. But when I read that he drinks himself half-blind and he likes to drink a lot. I was kind of turned-off by his habit of always drinking. But when I watch him acting, I can separate his bad habits of drinking from his acting.

The opposite is also true. I shared in this forum that there are commentors on YT spreading false rumors that PEB is a lesbian and without ANY proof. And then that same commentor was asking me if I thought that a certain Song Kye Ho (I don't know who this is) is more beautiful than PEB. Then I realized this person was spreading false rumors about PEB because this person likes this SKH very much. It is also possible that it came from SKH talent agency people? Right? Who knows? Anything is possible. So, people could easily spread misinformation about someone else, without offering evidence or proof.

BUT I do get what you mean. Another example to your point: I don't really like Tom Cruise. I don't like his lfestyle, his personal life outside his acting. I don't like his attitude. He is known to be an arrogant person. So, I don't like to particualary watch his shows. The only time I watched one of his movies is Top Gun Maverick and I was just dragged by my husband. hahahahaha.

Thank you for your clarification to my question. Much appreciated

Like I said, it is not exactly my point, but the point of this said actor I was quoting. But I wanted to mention it, as we where discussing why actors might not want to share too much of their private life and relationship status and I found his point to be quite interesting.

Yes, he mentioned several times that he likes drinking, but I never read that he drinks to the extend you are describing. With his busy schedule and 3-4 hours sleep while filming, I don‘t think he has the opportunity to drink that often.

I was more surprised to find out that he is smoking, I didn’t know that smoking is so common in South Korea. 
But I must admit that those kind of informations doesn’t change the way I see him. He is still young after all…

I will never understand why some people think that they can lift somebody up by belittling someone else. Those are just toxic people and toxic fans. So good of you that you reported those comments.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MimiSchu said:

Like I said, it is not exactly my point, but the point of this said actor I was quoting. But I wanted to mention it, as we where discussing why actors might not want to share too much of their private life and relationship status and I found his point to be quite interesting.

Yes, he mentioned several times that he likes drinking, but I never read that he drinks to the extend you are describing. With his busy schedule and 3-4 hours sleep while filming, I don‘t think he has the opportunity to drink that often.

I was more surprised to find out that he is smoking, I didn’t know that smoking is so common in South Korea. 
But I must admit that those kind of informations doesn’t change the way I see him. He is still young after all…

I will never understand why some people think that they can lift somebody up by belittling someone else. Those are just toxic people and toxic fans. So good of you that you reported those comments.

Really???? He smokes?????? Where did you get the information??? Could you kindly send it me please?

Oh my what a turn-off. hahahahaha! Now, I have to think twice or thrice and see if I really like him? hahahaha

35 minutes ago, MimiSchu said:

I am sorry. Now, I am starting to think Rowoon may not be the right man for PEB, because PEB does not smoke or drink.

So, Rowoon has a lot of vices and bad habits then????

45 minutes ago, MimiSchu said:

I was more surprised to find out that he is smoking,

That is surprising news to me, where did you read that?  He is pretty open about enjoying a drink and a movie but I have never seen anywhere about him smoking.  I hope it is not false facts.  

48 minutes ago, Pen G said:

Really???? He smokes?????? Where did you get the information??? Could you kindly send it me please?

Apparently several people spotted him smoking when he came to Paris for Fashion week in February. I stumbled across some Tweets about it and as I am half French I was able to understand what hey were talking about. So I asked one of them in French if he was really smoking, because I could not believe it, and she said that she could not believe it either, but several people saw it. She further said that apparently there is no evidence in form of photo or video and that it might be better that there isn‘t…

So there is still the benefit of the doubt, but several people tweeted about it…

• Shocked 1

To give a fair statement is I probably shouldn’t be surprised a lot of celebrities smoke. It is a crazy amount of stress they deal with.  One little mistake can cause them their whole entire career and now with social media they have to be extra careful. I guess most fans expect their biases to be angels and perfect but in reality they are human.  I know amazing smokers who are amazing human beings and I not going to not be their friend because they smoke, for me I would still be their friend 100%. 

For me, I will still support him and watch his journey as an actor and watch him grow and of course unless something really starts showing about KSW’s character that I would lose complete respect for.  If he really does do the above and that’s only a BIG IF, I really hope he can look after his health as well as drinking less too :blush:

thank you @MimiSchu for sharing the info

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pen G said:

My

My thoughts, if any one cares to know??? hahahaha

I agree with your KSW comments. Totally reasonable.

Now with PEB.

Think of when you were first felt love (romantic). If ever RoBin are truly in a relationship in whatever form, then this would be the FIRST for PEB. Now, go back to wherein you experienced love. Didn't you feel braver, bolder and freer? Like you can CONQUER the world? Like you wanted to shout to the and at the WORLD? Like you didn't care anymore what others said? Endorphins? A certain high? That is what I see in PEB. Something changed in PEB. Now, I don't know her that well since I just discovered her in EAW and TKA. But longtime PEB fans in this forum and other forums have all "testified" that PEB has done things that they never thought she would do. PEB HAS CHANGED. And when I did my own limited research, they were right.

The question to ask? What is that TRIGGER that made PEB change? My answer? Only LOVE can effect that kind of change. You can see it in PEB.

Woobin posted a picture of PEB in a sexier outfit and pose. Good for her. If she is in a relationship with KSW, then this is her being bolder/braver. If she is not, then this is REVENGE on KSW. Good for her. hahaha

Some other evidence:

1) Like you mentioned. She refused to or never did couple interviews, couple photoshoots with KTO. Unless, I am corrected. She has couple photoshoots with KMJ for DYLB. So what happened between DYLB and EAW? The answer?  TKA.

2) She has never shown this kind of closeness to any other male actor except for KSW.

3) She is so much more beautiful now. I don't know. That certain glow.

With KSW, I can not really understand. I am confused with him. The only one I am hanging onto is the "I love you" sign he gave the anonymous FT sender. But the best way to look for very small crumbs in the meantime is to look at what PEB is doing, how she is doing, how is she reacting and how is she acting?

We may conclude by INFERRING. Or just INFER by PEB's actions, if we can NOT get couple actions. If we can not get some evidence from both, together. Then we get it from only ONE.

Like what NTTD said, unless we get any solid evidence that they are not. Then, they are not.

Yes I care and I love it! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :D  

I couldn’t agree more how love can boost a person’s confidence and trigger positive energy to shoot up. PEB as always have that light aura that makes her look inspired, always positive and smiling but this time I can see a brighter spirit, twinkling and sparkling light around her. Maybe it’s just me, I really don’t know and I hope this isn’t delusion at all LOL I remember her line in TKA about the flower that will soon bloom… well, like her now. She seems to have bloomed into a more beautiful and radiant woman. I understand how family, a positive yet humble outlook in life, friends, a thriving career can inspire her but I’m sure there’s something else that boosted it up. 

I agree to hold on to what @Pen G mentioned, they are the tiny crumbs we overlook. I’m being positive while believing that something good is happening off cam and off socmed, that they are still looking after each other hence no visible crumbs.

Got this question in my head for days now… does anyone think or feel they would be casted in another project again in the future? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woobin said:

does anyone think or feel they would be casted in another project again in the future? 

I have a feeling they won’t despite KSW wrote in a speech that it is a personal wish to work with PEB again. I think if they are for real dating, they most likely won’t so they dont attract anymore attention to themselves.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MimiSchu said:

Apparently several people spotted him smoking when he came to Paris for Fashion week in February. I stumbled across some Tweets about it and as I am half French I was able to understand what hey were talking about. So I asked one of them in French if he was really smoking, because I could not believe it, and she said that she could not believe it either, but several people saw it. She further said that apparently there is no evidence in form of photo or video and that it might be better that there isn‘t…

So there is still the benefit of the doubt, but several people tweeted about it…

Out of curiosity, I searched up for news or write-ups about K celebrities caught smoking. Well, I’m not surprised at all, there’s heaps of them. That’s reality anyway. As @Yuen10 said, they’re humans, imperfect humans. They go to parties, drink, smoke and mess up too like any ordinary person their age. It’s just awful how celebrities should always look good and be perceived to be angelic as if without a flaw. It’s indeed difficult to work in the entertainment industy. 

And that’s what I meant when I said I want to see them “breathe” too - to see them live like how we, ordinary people live outside our work. Not that they have to share their whole life with the public but just to have a glimpse of them not acting or portraying a role but their own self. However (sigh) that’s not the case in their world especially in SK I guess where cancel culture still exists. 

Anyhow… I saw this thread re: how those people working with idols describe them. And there was this topic about SF9, and how Rowoon was treated totally opposite of what’s seen onstage. Like they were cold to him, how he was yelled at when he makes mistakes during rehearsal. He described him as a nice guy, kind and professional. That Rowoon asked  him where he could possibly smoke in the airport (so he really did smoke and what was seen when he was in Paris could be true).

Then I realised how much pressure and stress he had to endure being an idol. That would have been the many reasons why he quit and left the group, and why he learned to smoke. The thread was two years ago though and the time that happened was during Extraordinary You days. Shall I share it here? I don’t want to cause any trouble, I just wanted you all to read it too, so as to understand in one way or another how challenging his previous idol life was.

My opinion with the drinking and smoking thingy - I guess the term “drinking” used every so often with what we read and hear from KSW himself was just perceived to be a bad drinking habit. In my opinion, a shot of whiskey could be his way to end a stressful day, a busy season of fiIming or just to unwind after a long day of pretending to be perfect in front of the camera LOL :D I don’t see it as drowning himself with alcohol, getting drunk and wasted. I don’t think he’s that kind of guy, seems he was raised well by his parents.  Well with smoking, as I have brothers who used to smoke too, and they explained to me why smoking was like a relaxant from a stressful day, an escape from pressure of whatever, I’d like to say that I understand especially with KSW line of work. Now that he’s not an idol anymore, he’s not in a toxic group anymore, I hope that he already quit smoking. And I’d like to think that’s one of those things that he learned when he met PEB and how much she positively influenced him, more offcam than on cam. 

Sorry to be so chatty… I just needed to let these thoughts out of my head. :)  

5 hours ago, Yuen10 said:

I have a feeling they won’t despite KSW wrote in a speech that it is a personal wish to work with PEB again. I think if they are for real dating, they most likely won’t so they dont attract anymore attention to themselves.  

True, that makes sense. Damn! I wanna see them again in another drama hahaha

• Like 1

8 hours ago, woobin said:

Out of curiosity, I searched up for news or write-ups about K celebrities caught smoking. Well, I’m not surprised at all, there’s heaps of them. That’s reality anyway. As @Yuen10 said, they’re humans, imperfect humans. They go to parties, drink, smoke and mess up too like any ordinary person their age. It’s just awful how celebrities should always look good and be perceived to be angelic as if without a flaw. It’s indeed difficult to work in the entertainment industy. 

And that’s what I meant when I said I want to see them “breathe” too - to see them live like how we, ordinary people live outside our work. Not that they have to share their whole life with the public but just to have a glimpse of them not acting or portraying a role but their own self. However (sigh) that’s not the case in their world especially in SK I guess where cancel culture still exists. 

Anyhow… I saw this thread re: how those people working with idols describe them. And there was this topic about SF9, and how Rowoon was treated totally opposite of what’s seen onstage. Like they were cold to him, how he was yelled at when he makes mistakes during rehearsal. He described him as a nice guy, kind and professional. That Rowoon asked  him where he could possibly smoke in the airport (so he really did smoke and what was seen when he was in Paris could be true).

Then I realised how much pressure and stress he had to endure being an idol. That would have been the many reasons why he quit and left the group, and why he learned to smoke. The thread was two years ago though and the time that happened was during Extraordinary You days. Shall I share it here? I don’t want to cause any trouble, I just wanted you all to read it too, so as to understand in one way or another how challenging his previous idol life was.

My opinion with the drinking and smoking thingy - I guess the term “drinking” used every so often with what we read and hear from KSW himself was just perceived to be a bad drinking habit. In my opinion, a shot of whiskey could be his way to end a stressful day, a busy season of fiIming or just to unwind after a long day of pretending to be perfect in front of the camera LOL :D I don’t see it as drowning himself with alcohol, getting drunk and wasted. I don’t think he’s that kind of guy, seems he was raised well by his parents.  Well with smoking, as I have brothers who used to smoke too, and they explained to me why smoking was like a relaxant from a stressful day, an escape from pressure of whatever, I’d like to say that I understand especially with KSW line of work. Now that he’s not an idol anymore, he’s not in a toxic group anymore, I hope that he already quit smoking. And I’d like to think that’s one of those things that he learned when he met PEB and how much she positively influenced him, more offcam than on cam. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, woobin. I truly understand what you are saying and couldn’t agree more.

I want to insert an excerpt from recent „another magazine“ article:

„Did it stick because he’s been there, at rock bottom, before? “Yes, about a year ago. But I never expressed it to others around me because life is just hard in general. I didn’t want to be recognised through my suffering, so I didn’t want to talk about it.”

Rowoon still doesn’t want to talk about it. He’s worried that people might perceive it entirely differently from the truth of the situation but, having come out the other side, he’s feeling the importance of staying in the moment and living simply.“

I really appreciate that RW at least mentioned that he‘s been at rock bottom about a year ago. And I understand why he doesn’t want to share too much about his private life in general. Because everything will be evaluated and as we can see, even in this forum, everyone brings their own background and values into it. 
Like I mentioned, knowing that he likes to have a drink or even smokes (not 100% confirmed if or to what extent) doesn’t change the way I perceive or think about him. This may be different for others.

Please share the link to the thread you were mentioning. I really don‘t know much about the dynamics in his former group sf9 and was surprised to read that he hasn’t been treated well by everyone during those years. I really would want to read it to be able to understand him better.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woobin said:

Yes I care and I love it! Thank you for sharing your thoughts :D  

I couldn’t agree more how love can boost a person’s confidence and trigger positive energy to shoot up. PEB as always have that light aura that makes her look inspired, always positive and smiling but this time I can see a brighter spirit, twinkling and sparkling light around her. Maybe it’s just me, I really don’t know and I hope this isn’t delusion at all LOL I remember her line in TKA about the flower that will soon bloom… well, like her now. She seems to have bloomed into a more beautiful and radiant woman. I understand how family, a positive yet humble outlook in life, friends, a thriving career can inspire her but I’m sure there’s something else that boosted it up. 

I agree to hold on to what @Pen G mentioned, they are the tiny crumbs we overlook. I’m being positive while believing that something good is happening off cam and off socmed, that they are still looking after each other hence no visible crumbs.

Got this question in my head for days now… does anyone think or feel they would be casted in another project again in the future? 

That is true. She already had the light. But the BRIGTHER SPIRIT is a very good description.

Yes, would love for them to be in a project together. But I don't think it will happen soon. It will probably be after he comes back.

It has to be the right project, the right script, the right story, the right prooduction company, the right director. Etc. I heard the KSW may accept the role of a villain (that would be kick-RickRoll'D awesome!) in Tak Ryu next year. And that may be his last project before he leaves. I am not sure. Not confirmed. Hope that helps!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, woobin said:

True, that makes sense. Damn! I wanna see them again in another drama hahaha

Okay, I will try to tread carefully because what I am going to say and write is totally opposite of everyone in this fourm.

This is totally my opinion and definitely NOT all of yours. It will be different and opposite because MimiSchu said we all have different backgrounds, beliefs and culture.

THIS WILL SHOCK YOU and please prepare and hold on to your seats. And I beg for your forgiveness beforehand if you are offended. Yes, you can totally say that I am judging. That is true. But hear me out and indulge me for a moment.

SELF-DESTRUCTING HABITS

1) I have always perceived self-destructing habits "to try to cope" as a sign of weakness. Or at least a moment of weakness. While I don't expect Rowoon to be perfect. There are many others that have really, truly "suffered" on this earth and have been in difficult (legitimately difficult) situations but have not gone into self-destructing habits.

This is one of many examples. This is totally unrelated but I exaggerate to prove a point:

People in Africa are constantly bombarded by starvation to the point of death. Aside from chronic hunger, they are constantly threatened by rebels, civil wars, foregin-wars, gangs, child soldiers, corrupt governments, domestic threats, wild animals. etc. They will give birth to infants who will only die days or week later due to starvation and lack of nutrition. That is legitimate pressure and stress on someone and their families they have to endure on a DAILY basis. We don't see them engaging into self-destruction. You can argue: Well, they don't have money to drink and smoke. But you get my point.

2) I have always perceived people who drink and smoke as a manifestation of a lack of discipline, self-restraint, untidyness, ungroomed, unkempt, no self-regulation or self-control. Whether the perception is real or imagined. It is what it is, just perception.

3) No need to tell you of the health hazards of drinking and smoking, That is a given. No oxygen going to skin, unhealthy skin, bad teeth, bad breath, breathing problems, cancer, heart disease, etc.

4) Who wants to kiss and smell Smoker's Breath? hahahahha

5) Bad habits and vices drain your wealth. Let me not enumerate how much you will spend on a pack of cigarettes and alcohol. When you could have donated that money annually to the starving peole of Africa.

6) Bad habits and vices are a bit selfish. You don't care about what happens to yourself. Or you don't care what happens to other people. Example: Second-hand smoke, drunk-driving (not saying Rowoon drinks and drives), etc.

7) I would rather have a man that does not drink and smoke. It is just a personal standard of mine. It may not be your standard.

8) Bad habits or vices sometimes signify you give in to peer-pressure. Or do what others are doing. You know that saying" "Just because everybody else is doing it, does not mean it is right". I can also argue that Rowoon did not start smoking because of pressure. He started smoking and drinking because of "peer-pressure" instead.

9) It takes a certain, stronger, braver, purer, valiant, heroic, undaunted, courageous, stalwart, more principled man to say: "NO!" to vices. And not be tempted. It is much more convenient and easier to give in.

I dearly hope Rowoon is not addicted to these vices. But sometimes it just starts with one drink or just one smoke, then you are hooked for life.

Or like you said, hopefully he has quit and PEB was a good influence on him.

Now, all of these are just my opiniion.  Maybe:

1) Park Eun Bin likes to kiss a man who smokes? Yecch! hahaha. Being friends or family with people who smoke is totally different from kissing them in the mouth regularly. (I read one actress demand that this actor stop smoking before he klsses her in their scenes. hahaha)

2) Maybe, Park Eun Bin does not mind being a widow and left with children alone because her husband died of liver cirrhossis or lung cancer due to drinking and smoking? (This is all true. Happened in my husband's family)

I will end this get-off-you-moral-high-horse and self-righteous lecture with a note: We all have vices but some are more destructive than most.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corpbizlegal said:

thankyou for information

Welcome Corpbizlegal to the forum!!!!! We welcome your thoughts and personal opinion here. This is a safe place to share

what is on your mind.

As a starter. Here is Park Eun Bin (my love) singing and playing the guitar Dream Us for Castaway Diva:

She can play the piano, violin, guitar, flute, drums, etc. Great actress, won many acting awards national and international, sings, dances, paints, draws, swims. Intelligent, double-majored, kind, caring. Beautiful inside and out. So many good traits and so many talents crammed into this one petite lady!!!!

https://youtu.be/2iBRCAVn8W0

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MimiSchu said:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, woobin. I truly understand what you are saying and couldn’t agree more.

I want to insert an excerpt from recent „another magazine“ article:

„Did it stick because he’s been there, at rock bottom, before? “Yes, about a year ago. But I never expressed it to others around me because life is just hard in general. I didn’t want to be recognised through my suffering, so I didn’t want to talk about it.”

Rowoon still doesn’t want to talk about it. He’s worried that people might perceive it entirely differently from the truth of the situation but, having come out the other side, he’s feeling the importance of staying in the moment and living simply.“

I really appreciate that RW at least mentioned that he‘s been at rock bottom about a year ago. And I understand why he doesn’t want to share too much about his private life in general. Because everything will be evaluated and as we can see, even in this forum, everyone brings their own background and values into it. 
Like I mentioned, knowing that he likes to have a drink or even smokes (not 100% confirmed if or to what extent) doesn’t change the way I perceive or think about him. This may be different for others.

Please share the link to the thread you were mentioning. I really don‘t know much about the dynamics in his former group sf9 and was surprised to read that he hasn’t been treated well by everyone during those years. I really would want to read it to be able to understand him better.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

It’s my pleasure to be in this forum that I’m able to share my thoughts up to the tiny bits concealed in my head and likewise thankful to you and to everyone who share their thoughts and opinions, similar or opposite to mine :) 

I tried to screenshot the part where KSW was the topic, I hope both links work: 

https://ibb.co/GHFH8vp
https://ibb.co/MgZ91RQ

Link of the thread below.

“Yes, about a year ago. But I never expressed it to others around me because life is just hard in general. I didn’t want to be recognised through my suffering, so I didn’t want to talk about it.”  I admire the maturity with his answer. As if saying I’m not here to add burden to people who watch, support and love me, my sufferings are mine and it’s for me to deal with them. I’m here to provide entertainment not to get sympathy for my personal struggles. Indeed, life is hard in general, that is true for everyone, how much more for them who are under the scrutiny of the public eye - every move, every word, every action.

Nothing has changed in my perception of KSW. I’ve only watched three of his dramas, TKA bts and some bts from his other dramas; read and saw some of his interviews, his guesting in HOW, in summary I’ve never been his fan for me to defend him, everything I’m sharing here is based on what I’ve read, seen/watched and observed :)  I don’t normally admire a person - celebrity or just an ordinary citizen of this universe. I tend to study and dig in his personality before I get to like him/her based on his/her personality, manners, values and how he/she treats everyone. In saying that, I can sense KSW’s humility, sincerity and his being a good person overall regardless of the drinking and smoking issues. :) 

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Pen G said:

Okay, I will try to tread carefully because what I am going to say and write is totally opposite of everyone in this fourm.

This is totally my opinion and definitely NOT all of yours. It will be different and opposite because MimiSchu said we all have different backgrounds, beliefs and culture.

THIS WILL SHOCK YOU and please prepare and hold on to your seats. And I beg for your forgiveness beforehand if you are offended. Yes, you can totally say that I am judging. That is true. But hear me out and indulge me for a moment.

SELF-DESTRUCTING HABITS

1) I have always perceived self-destructing habits "to try to cope" as a sign of weakness. Or at least a moment of weakness. While I don't expect Rowoon to be perfect. There are many others that have really, truly "suffered" on this earth and have been in difficult (legitimately difficult) situations but have not gone into self-destructing habits.

This is one of many examples. This is totally unrelated but I exaggerate to prove a point:

People in Africa are constantly bombarded by starvation to the point of death. Aside from chronic hunger, they are constantly threatened by rebels, civil wars, foregin-wars, gangs, child soldiers, corrupt governments, domestic threats, wild animals. etc. They will give birth to infants who will only die days or week later due to starvation and lack of nutrition. That is legitimate pressure and stress on someone and their families they have to endure on a DAILY basis. We don't see them engaging into self-destruction. You can argue: Well, they don't have money to drink and smoke. But you get my point.

2) I have always perceived people who drink and smoke as a manifestation of a lack of discipline, self-restraint, untidyness, ungroomed, unkempt, no self-regulation or self-control. Whether the perception is real or imagined. It is what it is, just perception.

3) No need to tell you of the health hazards of drinking and smoking, That is a given. No oxygen going to skin, unhealthy skin, bad teeth, bad breath, breathing problems, cancer, heart disease, etc.

4) Who wants to kiss and smell Smoker's Breath? hahahahha

5) Bad habits and vices drain your wealth. Let me not enumerate how much you will spend on a pack of cigarettes and alcohol. When you could have donated that money annually to the starving peole of Africa.

6) Bad habits and vices are a bit selfish. You don't care about what happens to yourself. Or you don't care what happens to other people. Example: Second-hand smoke, drunk-driving (not saying Rowoon drinks and drives), etc.

7) I would rather have a man that does not drink and smoke. It is just a personal standard of mine. It may not be your standard.

8) Bad habits or vices sometimes signify you give in to peer-pressure. Or do what others are doing. You know that saying" "Just because everybody else is doing it, does not mean it is right". I can also argue that Rowoon did not start smoking because of pressure. He started smoking and drinking because of "peer-pressure" instead.

9) It takes a certain, stronger, braver, purer, valiant, heroic, undaunted, courageous, stalwart, more principled man to say: "NO!" to vices. And not be tempted. It is much more convenient and easier to give in.

I dearly hope Rowoon is not addicted to these vices. But sometimes it just starts with one drink or just one smoke, then you are hooked for life.

Or like you said, hopefully he has quit and PEB was a good influence on him.

Now, all of these are just my opiniion.  Maybe:

1) Park Eun Bin likes to kiss a man who smokes? Yecch! hahaha. Being friends or family with people who smoke is totally different from kissing them in the mouth regularly. (I read one actress demand that this actor stop smoking before he klsses her in their scenes. hahaha)

2) Maybe, Park Eun Bin does not mind being a widow and left with children alone because her husband died of liver cirrhossis or lung cancer due to drinking and smoking? (This is all true. Happened in my husband's family)

I will end this get-off-you-moral-high-horse and self-righteous lecture with a note: We all have vices but some are more destructive than most.

I love this @Pen G very insightful and your opinions are totally accepted. It didn’t shock me at all hahaha :) I agree to everything you said from points 1 to 9. Yes it was probably peer pressure as I wasn’t sure if anyone from his family also smokes. From peer pressure to that feeling of finding comfort from it. About drinking, I guess it’s common in SK (also in Japan). It’s their way of taking a break after a hard day at work which is more of social drinking, a way to open up and talk/share their thoughts and maybe how they feel. 

I dearly hope Rowoon is not addicted to these vices. But sometimes it just starts with one drink or just one smoke, then you are hooked for life. Or like you said, hopefully he has quit and PEB was a good influence on him. I hope so… that he has quit smoking. I’d like to think he already did. He seems to be a disciplined person though. I really hope that now he’s out of that group, he spends more time around “good” people. Good = positive influence. 

You cracked me up with your opinons 1 and 2 hahaha :D Our PEB would definitely NOT like to kiss a man who smokes. Yes I saw that clip too, the actress asked his male counterpart to not smoke three hours before their kissing scene LOL I find it hilarious and embarassing at the same time! PEB is no doubt a positive influence to everyone she meets and works with, how much more for a person close to her. IF they’ve become closer after TKA and IF KSW has quit smoking, PEB would have helped him break that and all other bad habits he had when he was an idol. She surely isn’t willing to be a widow of a smoker :D  

Thank you my chingu! On a serious note, I myself don’t like a smoker not even vape (sorry if anyone here does). My husband doesn’t smoke and is not a habitual drinker either - one of the many reasons I like him. Although people here in Australia (like in Germany) loves beer after a hard day, he hasn’t adopted that habit (good on him!). As I am a mommy of a teenage boy, I politely stick to my ground and teach/show him about discipline, self love and respect and strong will BUT at the same time be more sensible and more open to widen my views of his and others circumstances so I could better understand what they’re going through.. in short I try to be empathetic and to be a good person LOL :D

Happy Saturday from the other side guys! :hooray2:

3 hours ago, Pen G said:

Welcome Corpbizlegal to the forum!!!!! We welcome your thoughts and personal opinion here. This is a safe place to share

what is on your mind.

As a starter. Here is Park Eun Bin (my love) singing and playing the guitar Dream Us for Castaway Diva:

She can play the piano, violin, guitar, flute, drums, etc. Great actress, won many acting awards national and international, sings, dances, paints, draws, swims. Intelligent, double-majored, kind, caring. Beautiful inside and out. So many good traits and so many talents crammed into this one petite lady!!!!

https://youtu.be/2iBRCAVn8W0

OMG I love this!!! Park Eun Bin you are something else! :love: 

I’m sure someone’s secretly cheering and is sooooo proud of her!!! 

5 hours ago, Pen G said:

That is true. She already had the light. But the BRIGTHER SPIRIT is a very good description.

Yes, would love for them to be in a project together. But I don't think it will happen soon. It will probably be after he comes back.

It has to be the right project, the right script, the right story, the right prooduction company, the right director. Etc. I heard the KSW may accept the role of a villain (that would be kick-RickRoll'D awesome!) in Tak Ryu next year. And that may be his last project before he leaves. I am not sure. Not confirmed. Hope that helps!

I really hope so and I look forward to it. I pray for a bigger project for these two brilliant actors. Something that will bring out a different side of them “together”. 

A villain would be a good opportunity for KSW to show what he’s got. Might be the opposite of the image most people expect from him but why not if it’s for his career and personal growth as long as it’s his choice, same with PEB! I strongly believe they can nail any role but I super agree with the right story line, director, production company, these have a huge contributribution to any drama’s success. 

• Like 1