[OFFICIAL] Rowoon ❤️ Park Eun Bin (RoBin/Park-Ro Couple) | The King's Affection

Gavn2310

On 8/17/2023 at 7:09 AM, mktgkat said:

I know hahaha

Here is a twitter post about the mistaken identity

I feel that it's his way of "promoting" the drama. Is he not confident in his work? Or.. is he not confident in the chemistry? It's like being forced, right? 

It's different, right? It's like there is a wall between joboa and him... Hahah

By the way, thank you so much @cherry47 for all the posts, thanks for updating us! 매우 감사합니다

Yes, the PD is/was "just trying to sell his drama". Kinda sick and tired of "selling forced, unnatural off-screen chemistry" as a way to "sell your drama". Just relax. Do a good job. People will watch anyway. IT IS ENTERTAINMENT. People will watch whether Rwn and Jo Bo-Ah has 25% chemistry or 200% chemistry. If it is a good show. Then, it is a good show.

The reason they are doing this is because it worked for Rwn and PEB during TKA. An article claimed that after KBS released the BTS of RoBin couple, people became interested and watched the show. Is there really a one-to-one correlation? Is there really a spike in people watching after seeing a BTS? Possibly.

But you have to consider this: RoBin's off screen interactions were very natural, not forced. They were just two people having a real good time, who just happened to be filimg a show together.

So, that is what makes people interested: the genuineness and sincerity. People can spot a FAKE anytime.

The flipside is also true. EAW was not heavily promoted. It was just a regular show like any other. There was no "chemistry-selling" of KTO and PEB prior to the show. But they did not expect the show to explode. And we all know the reason it exploded was not because primarily of the show itself but PEBs phenomenal acting.

This is because there are many factors that make a show successful. Some measurable, some are not. It is unpredictable, because the market is unpredictable. There are good shows that are not successful commercially and there are poor shows that are commercially successful. It is hit and miss.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets

48 minutes ago, Pen G said:

Yes, the PD is/was "just trying to sell his drama". Kinda sick and tired of "selling forced, unnatural off-screen chemistry" as a way to "sell your drama". Just relax. Do a good job. People will watc

Pen G you understand exactly what I meant. I'm really think  that they should leave the actor and actress be natural. 

Here in below is an example in king's affection that at the begining Rowoon was also follow the indication of someone to create fake  chemestry with PEB. And as she is clever girl she has said something that he was acting. Check in the video 00:20

TKA BTS Ep 5-6

As I assume someone indicate him to avoid viewer to have emphathy to the hwi-cousin couple. 

At the end when the time go throught. All the BTS are sincery, otherwise PEB would not accept to play this kind of fake  promotion game. 

1 hour ago, Pen G said:

Kinda sick and tired of "selling forced, unnatural off-screen chemistry" as a way to "sell your drama". Just relax. Do a good job. People will watch anyway. IT IS ENTERTAINMENT. People will watch whether Rwn and Jo Bo-Ah has 25% chemistry or 200% chemistry. If it is a good show. Then, it is a good show.

I feel the same. It actually turns me off a lot and I feel stressed on whether I will watch it next week or not but of course to support rowoon I will have to watch..... 

The success of EAW, I feel, because it has no story like that yet, like a high functioning autism drama. Many people especially families who have a family member who has autism spectrum from all over the world resonated and supported because it probably gave them some comfort as they were able to relate in many ways. I saw a lot of posts in YT of people who has autism voicing out their opinion about EAW and how they were able to relate.

Woo Young Woo is really a good character, like a breath of fresh air to the world and PEB was really exceptional with her acting. She really gave justice to her role. 

That being said, the PDs of destined with you should just chill and hope that they really did a good job and that people will want to watch their drama. I'm rooting for Rowoon's success. He is a good actor as well as his cast mates. It's showing next week! Ok... I am just going to watch, I will probably regret it if I don't watch. :hooray:

Edited by mktgkat

8 minutes ago, Penny said:

Pen G you understand exactly what I meant. I'm really think  that they should leave the actor and actress be natural. 

Here in below is an example in king's affection that at the begining Rowoon was also follow the indication of someone to create fake  chemestry with PEB. And as she is clever girl she has said something that he was acting. Check in the video 00:20

TKA BTS Ep 5-6

As I assume someone indicate him to avoid viewer to have emphathy to the hwi-cousin couple. 

At the end when the time go throught. All the BTS are sincery, otherwise PEB would not accept to play this kind of fake  promotion game. 

Yes, you are right! I agree.

And yet, I really believe Rwn was sincere in trying to protect PEB. Yes, he did it for the camera but I also believe he was still trying to protect PEB and he was really trying to brush the leaves off PEB's hat. Rowoon is a very clean and orderly man, he does not like trash around and disorder. He likes to clean. hahaha. In the Blu-Ray DVD and in some videos, he was seen brushing off some dirt from PEB's hand. So, I think he was sincere when he removed the dirt from PEB's hat, even if he was smiling for the camera when he did it. hahahaha.

6 minutes ago, mktgkat said:

I feel the same. It actually turns me off a lot and I feel stressed on whether I will watch it next week or not but of course to support rowoon I will have to watch..... 

The success of EAW, I feel, because it has no story like that yet, like a high functioning autism drama. Many people especially families who have a family member who has autism spectrum from all over the world resonated and supported because it probably gave them some comfort as they were able to relate in many ways. I saw a lot of posts in YT of people who has autism voicing out their opinion about EAW and how they were able to relate.

Woo Young Woo is really a good character, like a breath of fresh air to the world and PEB was really exceptional with her acting. She really gave justice to her role. 

That being said, the PDs of destined with you should just chill and hope that they really did a good job and that people will want to watch their drama. I'm rooting for Rowoon's success. He is a good actor as well as his cast mates. It's showing next week! Ok... I am just going to watch, I will probably regret it if I don't watch. :hooray:

Actually, there are some Skor drama that tackled ASD before EAW. But most of these shows featured ASD always as "victims" like being attacked, being bullied, being retarded and stupid, you know the overly-dramatic "victim-mentality" (although there are ASD folks being bullied and attacked in real life). But you are right, EAW was a breath of fresh air for ASD folks. They showed an ASD person's triumphs and failures in a "normal" world. And they portrayed it in a not-too-serious-tone. They didn't feature ASD as just being bullied, attacked, retarded and stupid.

Support Rowoon even if the PD is a goof-ball. hahaha. Because after all his name is on the line. He is DEFINITELY a great actor and in such a short-time has achieved a lot of awards. Good for him.

Let's all support Rowoon with Destined With You showing on August 23, 2023 on Netflix. Let's make his show get into the Top 10 on NF as soon as it premiers on August 23, 2023. It is important to watch early and if all the episodes are ALL uploaded all at the same time, please watch ALL episodes in one sitting if at all possible. If not, please watch all episodes as soon as these are uploaded weekly usually 9 am the day of sked. If you can binge watch the show and watch it many times, please kindly do so. It helps get his show to the Top 10. Please? Let us show Rowoon our love and support!

• Insightful 1

On 8/16/2023 at 11:53 PM, Pen G said:

Hahahaha. I actually observed the EXACT SAME THING! You are right to compare.  No it is NOT the lighting. Rowoon's hand is NOT relaxed on the girl's shoulder. He lightly put his hand on her shoulder, barely touching her shoulder. So basically it is Rowoon's WRIST that is touching her shoulder, if that. Good eye! Good observation.

Partly, also because Rwn hates things that makes him cringe. But with PEB he is more comfortable. PEB does not make Rwn cringe. Just look at all their photos, BTS, vids, interviews, photo-shoots, Netflix Swoon, etc. He is showing he ALWAYS wants to touch PEB or attempts to reach out and touch her.

Agree, his wrist was the part touching her shoulder. Yes to rowoon ALWAYS touching peb... And also can't take his eyes off of her. Since PEB's so full of cuteness and charm, it is understandable. Hahaha

:smooches2:

52 minutes ago, Pen G said:

Support Rowoon even if the PD is a goof-ball. hahaha. Because after all his name is on the line. He is DEFINITELY a great actor and in such a short-time has achieved a lot of awards. Good for him.

Let's all support Rowoon with Destined With You showing on August 23, 2023 on Netflix. Let's make his show get into the Top 10 on NF as soon as it premiers on August 23, 2023

Yup yup!:hooray:

rowoon fighting! I feel so bad when I saw some latest vids of him he seems so tired and his eye bags are so big AND his cheek--It deflated by a lot-comparing it to when he was in house on wheels 4 hahah. Hopefully he gets to rest well after filming wedding battle. House on wheels 5?!?! Haha and with PEB as guest! wishful thinking.. :transforms:

Edited by mktgkat

17 minutes ago, mktgkat said:

Agree, his wrist was the part touching her shoulder. Yes to rowoon ALWAYS touching peb... And also can't take his eyes off of her. Since PEB's so full of cuteness and charm, it is understandable. Hahaha

:smooches2:

Yup yup!:hooray:

rowoon fighting! I feel so bad when I saw some latest vids of him he seems so tired and his eye bags are so big. Hopefully he gets to rest well after filming wedding battle.

I know right? FNC is trying to work him to death. Milking every working minute off of him before he ships out for the Military. Poor guy! No rest. Actually, more than his romance shows. We are eagerly waiting for his show TakRyu or Muddy Stream wherein he plays a villan. We can't wait to see him play a villain! He will be super awesome! He will definitely win a Daesang for this villain role!

• Blob 1

32 minutes ago, Pen G said:

I know right? FNC is trying to work him to death. Milking every working minute off of him before he ships out for the Military. Poor guy! No rest. Actually, more than his romance shows. We are eagerly waiting for his show TakRyu or Muddy Stream wherein he plays a villan. We can't wait to see him play a villain! He will be super awesome! He will definitely win a Daesang for this villain role!

Ohh... I was thinking the same thing like it was because of the upcoming military service. He has to go next year right? Or does he have 2 more years?

Wow, I haven't heard of any news that he will be playing a villain but I was actually waiting for that! I was curious how he will play a villain! When I saw Tomorrow, he played an empathetic grim reaper... But I was curious what if he was the one playing the role of the--- the one who was selling gas to the suicidal people....  Coz I felt he was really torn in that scene, it was intense!  I loved it so much. And I also felt that was what he talked to Eunbin-"noona" (pretty noona who buys me food) about...(I forgot about the conversation) It was such a complicated scene. Great writing and directing, of course the actors were AMAZING as well.

I will be looking forward to his villain role! :sparklyeyes:

Edited by mktgkat

1 hour ago, mktgkat said:

Ohh... I was thinking the same thing like it was because of the upcoming military service. He has to go next year right? Or does he have 2 more years?

Wow, I haven't heard of any news that he will be playing a villain but I was actually waiting for that! I was curious how he will play a villain! When I saw Tomorrow, he played an empathetic grim reaper... But I was curious what if he was the one playing the role of the--- the one who was selling gas to the suicidal people....  Coz I felt he was really torn in that scene, it was intense!  I loved it so much. And I also felt that was what he talked to Eunbin-"noona" (pretty noona who buys me food) about...(I forgot about the conversation) It was such a complicated scene. Great writing and directing, of course the actors were AMAZING as well.

My understanding is that he will go next year because he turns 28 y/o next year. Unless, someone corrects me. hehehe

His role in TakRyu will be a Gangster turned into Legend. I think it is based loosely on an actual man during the Joseon Dynasty. So it will be historical fact with some artistic liberty. I am not too sure. But it will be SUPER DUPER AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, he talked to PEB about that gas scene in Tomorrow? That particular scene? Do you mind sharing that with me? Where did you read or watch that? Please share?

I read somewhere that he was so into his role as Jung Ji-Un in TKA, that he was so confused when he played the role in Tomorrow. He had a hard time transitioning. That is when he asked PEB for help. And PEB helped him. That is the reason why, Rwn was nominated for that role in Tomorrow. He didn't win but was nominated. That means something and speaks volumes for someone who was so confused about his role in Tomorrow. That means he gets nominated even without trying that hard. That's how good he is. hahaha.

I love Tomorrow, especially the case about the forgotten Korean veteran who sacrificed everything for his country and no one seemed to care about him. And the case about the Korean women who were Comfort Women for the Japanese. I wailed and cried so hard on those two cases. It was so wonderfully done. Then the seriousness of the cases was balanced out with Rwn's comedic timing. It was so good. In fact, we liked Tomorrow better than She Would Never Know. If we are being honest. hehehe.

1 hour ago, mktgkat said:

Sorry, I didn't get the joke about Eunbin noona who buys me food? Could you kindly elaborate? Thanks so much!

5 hours ago, Pen G said:

Eunbin noona who buys me food? Could you kindly elaborate?

Oh.. It's just a thought in my head... You know "something in the rain"-son ye jin's kdrama the korean title if translated in english is pretty sister/noona who buys me food... It is in the promotional video of TKA... The TMI part. Where Eunbin said something like "he only eats protein and he does not even eat some chocolate I was offering him because it's carb...I feel so bad for him I hope he can eat very well already" and Rowoon said something like "Noona, buy me food." And she said "yes"/araseo(?)

And now... I'm also thinking in my head about the food truck/s and probably the "anonymous fairy" sponsored food truck she's been sending him..... Hahahaha what a delulu thought... :smooches2:

Start watching 5:06 the conversation I was talking about was around 5:46 look at the purple subtitle near rowoon's head

And so if you know about "something in the rain/pretty noona who buys me food"... Well jung haein who played the ML was into sonyejin (FL) and they became a couple despite the resistance from his family and society... One of the resistance from family and society was because she was older than the guy... Hehehe.. just a thought running in my mind....

5 hours ago, Pen G said:

I read somewhere that he was so into his role as Jung Ji-Un in TKA, that he was so confused when he played the role in Tomorrow

Oh... So I misunderstood that he contacted PEB during the making Tomorrow...... Ok.. haha

Another case of lost in translation ahaha

Edited by mktgkat

#Wedding Battle

Spoiler

https://www.hanryutimes.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=70371

:happydance:

RoWoon & HwiYoung

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by cherry47
  • Wiggle 1

#Destined With You

whice1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwCml_9psxk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwGkPObSkRA/

Spoiler

subtitles:heart4:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwFj8IPpSpF/

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://naver.me/GwINhkiy

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

I like Park Eun Bin because she great at selling her projects (with thoughtful and in-depth analysis) while being her authentic self. I have not seen Park Eun Bin be flirty with co-stars to sell chemistry. She seems to be consistently pleasant, warm, kind and friendly in her interactions with co-stars.  The entertainment industry is very competitive and fickle. Some actors fall into the trap of selling chemistry with their co- stars instead of the project because it’s easier and it typically works. The Kings Affection was a unique experience for us fans of Park Eun Bin because she loved the project but she also seemed to have a true bond/connection with the cast. I will be watching  and supporting Rowoon’s new project but to me the promotion of #DestinedWithYou seems like the typical romance k- drama fan service/ promotion that I have been seeing in the last few years where there is now a focus on couple photo shoots, behind the scenes focus on the leads chemistry and couple content such as post engagement on social media like instagram. I think Rowoon is promoting the drama within the typical standards of what’s expected for a romance/ fantasy k-drama. I enjoy reading all the theories and analysis of our RoBin couple. 

19 hours ago, mktgkat said:

Rowoon looks super tired. Can barely hold his smile. I feel so bad for him... 

:heartxoxo:rowoon fighting...

Oh my gosh gurl! I noticed that, too. We are on the same wavelength.  It seems like he being forced to be there. Hahahaha.

• LOL 1

7 hours ago, Wiz said:

I like Park Eun Bin because she great at selling her projects (with thoughtful and in-depth analysis) while being her authentic self. I have not seen Park Eun Bin be flirty with co-stars to sell chemistry. She seems to be consistently pleasant, warm, kind and friendly in her interactions with co-stars.  The entertainment industry is very competitive and fickle. Some actors fall into the trap of selling chemistry with their co- stars instead of the project because it’s easier and it typically works. The Kings Affection was a unique experience for us fans of Park Eun Bin because she loved the project but she also seemed to have a true bond/connection with the cast. I will be watching  and supporting Rowoon’s new project but to me the promotion of #DestinedWithYou seems like the typical romance k- drama fan service/ promotion that I have been seeing in the last few years where there is now a focus on couple photo shoots, behind the scenes focus on the leads chemistry and couple content such as post engagement on social media like instagram. I think Rowoon is promoting the drama within the typical standards of what’s expected for a romance/ fantasy k-drama. I enjoy reading all the theories and analysis of our RoBin couple. 

Yeah, PEB was never known to be flirty, Rwn, too.

Yeah, and that is the part that I don't like. The off-putting, back-breaking, too-much-pressure promotions of K-romances. It looks too much of a hard-sell and trying mercilessly too hard. It is kinda painful to watch, if I am being honest.

Okay, this is going to sound arrogant. I swear I am not. We live in the US and we don't see that kind of hard-sell promotions of romantic leads. Case in point and I will pick at random. We love the movie The Greatest Showman. Zendaya and Zac Efron are romantic leads in the movie. All you see as promotion of the two, would be maybe 3-4 interviews. mostly uploaded on YT. I don't see romantic spreads in magazines of Zac and Zendaya, too much emphasis on their "chemistry" as a way to sell the project. I am not talking about their fans actually posting things of them together. I am talking about official promotions of the movie. Unless, I am corrected there were interviews but the "romance" between the two were not the focus of the interviews. In other words, they believed on the "merits" of their project. Not the supposed "chemistry" or "love angle" of the FL and ML. Now, I am not saying that it is NON-EXISTENT here. In fact, Zendaya and that guy had magazine shoots for a Spiderman movie. But that was it. Not too much "chemistry" hard sell. But like you said, it is opposite of  the "typical standards" of a K-romance. But I will say this, I do agree that if the show does well, the actors should at least show themselves at least once on a Netflix promotion. 

And maybe, it is just a cultural thing. I don't know. Maybe, I am just not used to it. 

21 hours ago, mktgkat said:

Oh.. It's just a thought in my head... You know "something in the rain"-son ye jin's kdrama the korean title if translated in english is pretty sister/noona who buys me food... It is in the promotional video of TKA... The TMI part. Where Eunbin said something like "he only eats protein and he does not even eat some chocolate I was offering him because it's carb...I feel so bad for him I hope he can eat very well already" and Rowoon said something like "Noona, buy me food." And she said "yes"/araseo(?)

And now... I'm also thinking in my head about the food truck/s and probably the "anonymous fairy" sponsored food truck she's been sending him..... Hahahaha what a delulu thought... :smooches2:

Start watching 5:06 the conversation I was talking about was around 5:46 look at the purple subtitle near rowoon's head

And so if you know about "something in the rain/pretty noona who buys me food"... Well jung haein who played the ML was into sonyejin (FL) and they became a couple despite the resistance from his family and society... One of the resistance from family and society was because she was older than the guy... Hehehe.. just a thought running in my mind....

Oh... So I misunderstood that he contacted PEB during the making Tomorrow...... Ok.. haha

Another case of lost in translation ahaha

Ahh! Okay, I don't watch any other SK actors and actresses. No one else is worthy of that much of my time. hahaha. We only watch and consume anything and everything with RoBin in it. So I don't know who that son ye jin is. Sorry. But thanks for the clarification.

• Awesome 1

37 minutes ago, Pen G said:

Yeah, PEB was never known to be flirty, Rwn, too.

Yeah, and that is the part that I don't like. The off-putting, back-breaking, too-much-pressure promotions of K-romances. It looks too much of a hard-sell and trying mercilessly too hard. It is kinda painful to watch, if I am being honest.

Okay, this is going to sound arrogant. I swear I am not. We live in the US and we don't see that kind of hard-sell promotions of romantic leads. Case in point and I will pick at random. We love the movie The Greatest Showman. Zendaya and Zac Efron are romantic leads in the movie. All you see as promotion of the two, would be maybe 3-4 interviews. mostly uploaded on YT. I don't see romantic spreads in magazines of Zac and Zendaya, too much emphasis on their "chemistry" as a way to sell the project. I am not talking about their fans actually posting things of them together. I am talking about official promotions of the movie. Unless, I am corrected there were interviews but the "romance" between the two were not the focus of the interviews. In other words, they believed on the "merits" of their project. Not the supposed "chemistry" or "love angle" of the FL and ML. Now, I am not saying that it is NON-EXISTENT here. In fact, Zendaya and that guy had magazine shoots for a Spiderman movie. But that was it. Not too much "chemistry" hard sell. But like you said, it is opposite of  the "typical standards" of a K-romance. But I will say this, I do agree that if the show does well, the actors should at least show themselves at least once on a Netflix promotion. 

And maybe, it is just a cultural thing. I don't know. Maybe, I am just not used to it. 

Ahh! Okay, I don't watch any other SK actors and actresses. No one else is worthy of that much of my time. hahaha. We only watch and consume anything and everything with RoBin in it. So I don't know who that son ye jin is. Sorry. But thanks for the clarification.

I have seen chemistry promotions in the US as well but it’s not as common. It may be because actors in the US are more open about their relationship status so it would be a harder sell to fake a “romance/chemistry” angle. Most K Actors  don’t really share their relationship status unless they get engaged or married. There has been a recent shift with K Actors beginning to confirm dating rumors more ( example: Jisoo and Ahn Bo Hyun ) and but this is still relatively new and most still don’t ever confirm who they are dating. I do think that there has been a shift in promotions for the crime/military/ revenge genre for K dramas. If you look at the Netflix shows like DP and the The Glory, there was a focus on the storytelling and why it was impactful  in the promotions.  Disney’s new show Moving  has a a lot of promotion around the story/action and why it’s compelling. I think what Park Eun Bin’s impact is that she is very intelligent, eloquent, humble and comes across authentically . Her promotion of EAW was flawless. She was able to connect with a worldwide audience through her one on one interview with Netflix and her Daesang speech has millions of views.  I’m going to cut Rowoon some slack because even though it’s cringey to watch,  he really can’t not participate in this type of promotion.  

An observation I have is that KSW hasn’t done the heart hand gesture (where he and the female two hands make a heart) with his FL yet in the released photos that I have seen.  Maybe more photos will be released later or maybe I missed one.  I remember he and PEB would always do the heart hand gesture together 

Did KSW say something along the lines of he is having a difficult time promoting during one of his recent fanmeets?    Poor guy must be so exhausted and the temperature seems to be tough too

Edited by Yuen10

I am not someone who speak on this kind of topic but I gotta let this out of my chest that I been holding into. So hear me out right after rowoon birthday there was this insta account who posted rowoon and PEB going out, they were tagged all over PEB insta but I’m not sure if it was her or not because the picture was so blurry and it was at night so I couldn’t see much but the guy was rowoon I can see his face clear but the girl is hard to see . That person was taggging every second that picture like 15 to 16 times and I went back right next day that picture was gone from that account.. and I have not seen that picture begin linked anywhere. I was tryna find but I couldn’t.