[THE OFFICIAL] RM (알엠) / Kim Nam Joon (김남준) Thread ♪♫ ♫♪

bohmi

June 13, 2021

Actress Lim Soo Jung listened to “Bicycle” by RM:getmygrooveon:

She posted the screenshot of the song on her Instagram stories.

D3deDsY.jpg

“Bicycle” — RM (Piano Cover).  :love: Beautiful

Radio in Latinoamérica played the song “Bicycle” by RM.  :partyblob:

Spoiler

“Bicycle” by RM on KX FM Laguna Beach, California.  :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

Spoiler

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

June 13, 2021

8th anniversary of BTS’s debut

COEX Mall, Seoul

8th anniversary of RM’s debut

Sinyongsan Station (Seoul Subway Line 4)

Spoiler

Lotte World Mall, Seoul

Spoiler

Source (1) | (1) (2) | (1) (2) (3)

June 14, 2021

2021 BTS Muster Sowoozoo Day 2

NAMJOON SUPREMACY  :love:laMqXQe.jpg

Well, my day just instantly got betterkKWVctm.jpgthank you, V, JHope & RM!  :love:

RM & Jimin rapping and singing Becky’s part (Chicken Noodle Soup) in Spanish. Becky saw it.

Omg RM & Jimin KILLED it!!!PSlQqxz.jpg:love: :heart:  Meeeee mueroooookKWVctm.jpgLHfcu8z.jpg

Becky also replied to Army’s tweet, They BOTH killed the Spanish parts!! rVZsrFt.jpg

Spoiler

iHeartRadio

96.5 TDY

BeckyG (1) (2)

June 14, 2021

From Elite Daily Writer, MICHELE MENDEZ

RM showed off his amazing rapping skills by performing Becky G’s Spanish lyrics effortlessly. Jimin finished off the verse by offering his vocals in Spanish as well. As a Spanish speaker myself, I have to say their pronunciation was so impressive. Fans shared the guys’ performance on Twitter, hoping Becky G would see it. (Yup, she saw it) ;)

Source (1) (2)

Spoiler

June 13, 2021

2021 BTS Muster Sowoozoo Day 1

Source (1) (2)

Becky G talks about RM and Jimin singing her parts on ‘Chicken Noodle Soup’

“I feel so honored & I’m so happy & they killed it, accent and everything in Spanish.”  © dalbitbangtan

Spoiler

#McDonald’s  What a coincidence, I too love Namjoon :heart:

Source (1) (2)

June 4, 2021

On the June 4 broadcast of MBC’s “Home Alone” (“I Live Alone”), Kim Ji Seok appeared as a guest. He invited his fellow ‘Problematic Men’ cast members Ha Seok Jin and Lee Jang Won to his house. In the area where there are bookshelves with various stuff, they noticed an album on display. It was signed HYYH album gifted by RM.

© LemonamuRM / Source (1) (2)

August 2015

RM with other ‘Problematic Men’ cast members on GQ Korea Magazine 2015

style_55ee383eeab19.jpg

Spoiler

style_55ee383f6044e.jpg

style_55ee383ecb4e2.jpg

Spoiler

style_55ee383fc0532.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

May 22, 2021

Lim Jeong Hee was on Yoo Huiyeol’s Sketchbook and mentioned pre-debut RM

Lim Jeong Hee said, “In my album, RM featured in a song called ‘Ashes’ and it was before the group BTS was even put together. I remember when he would rap on stage with me at concerts. There was a time when we traveled on a tour bus together and I was worried if he would do well when seeing him practice while wearing a hoodie. I remember he did perform really well with the same skills as he has now.”

Other sources:

Lim Jeong Hee said, “When we was on the tour bus, (RM) was practicing hard (rapping), and I used to think, ‘Oh, I should do well’ and (RM) did a very good job (rapping).”

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

*besides RM, late rapper Iron also featured in ‘Ashes’
*Lim Jeong Hee had previously belonged to the same agency with BTS

June 13, 2021

9 Deep Male Solo Releases To Make You Reflect

Music has so much depth. Some male soloists have proved that by blessing us time and time again with the most profound releases: whether it be albums, EPs, or mixtapes. No matter the format, the quality is outstanding every single time, and the lyrics send us on an insightful self-reflective trip.

It is impossible to feature every track that fits the description, but here is a short selection of deep male solo releases that will make you reflect.

7. BTS’s RM – “Moonchild”

It is no secret that RM has his way with words. In “Moonchild,” the rapper sheds light on the sorrows that befall one’s life and how they shouldn’t succumb to it. Instead, he urges people to reach out to the light they have within and shine in order to conquer the darkness, just like the moon does every night.

Soompi

June 14, 2021

7 Korean Celebrities Who are Really Brainy

Get to know these Korean stars who are not just blessed with good looks and talent, but higher than average IQ levels too

14104901-bts-rm-1_article_1171x1105.jpg

1. BTS’s RM

The leader of BTS is well known for his intelligence—his IQ is a whopping 148. FYI, an average person’s IQ is about 100. Rap Monster, or RM, is the most fluent in English in the group, famously taught himself the language while watching Friends, and has been key in BTS’ success in English-speaking markets and continuing world dominance. He has a gift for songwriting and wordplay and is credited as a co-songwriter on many of BTS’ most popular songs, including current hit Butter. In high school, he was placed among the top one per cent of students in the national university entrance exams. But what’s most important now is that 26-year-old RM, born Kim Nam-joon, is a steadfast and mature leader in the world’s most popular pop group, steering them to new heights and breaking all the ceilings. Now that’s genius.

Source: Tatler Singapore

June 13, 2021

What do Koreans Think of BTS? (2021)

I have actually met BTS in person. I met them during a shoot for Lotte Department Store’s commercial. I was there as a part of the production staff. RM is super tall, and the charisma shooting from his eyes were insane.

Spoiler

Source: DKDKTV

May 28, 2021

Heo Woo Seong (CEO of Jigoouh) and Dasom (English teacher at Jigoouh) talked about the secret of Idols’ English skills

Jigoouh is a company that offers integrated foreign language management service to idol entertainment groups or celebrities.

Q. Which idols have good English pronunciation? Except for idols who lived or studied abroad!

Dasom: “RM. When Koreans speak English, you can tell if somebody’s Korean or not from their emotions. But he perfectly understands those emotional parts and speaks English well so that really surprised me.”

Q. How long do you have to learn to speak like RM?

Dasom: “We can make it happen in 2 hours. Your basic conversational skills wouldn’t improve in 2 hours but we teach expressions you need for an event with pronunciation correction.”

CEO Heo: “I’m thankful for RM for drawing attention to foreign languages.” (Thank you, RM)

Dasom: “People who learned English watching Friends use old people’s buzz words, so they sound like middle aged men/women. RM studied so hard that he doesn’t sound like an old man.”

Spoiler

Source: AYO 에이요

2nd appearance on Hot 100 Songwriters chart

On June 3, Billboard announced Hot 100 Songwriters and Producers chart for June 5, 2021.

As a result of Butter debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, RM has been included in the Billboard’s Hot 100 Producers chart.

But there was a mistake, Billboard misplaced his credits. RM should be on Songwriters chart, not on Producers chart since he was credited as a songwriter, not a producer.

After a few days, Billboard finally fixed the issue. RM’s name on the Hot 100 Producers chart has been moved to the Hot 100 Songwriters chart. RM takes at No. 10 on the listing for June 5, 2021. This marks as his second appearance on Hot 100 Songwriters chart since “BE” on December 2020.

*Billboard didn’t explain or post anything about the issue, they just fixed it on the website :ph34r:

Source (1) (2) (3) | (1) (2)

jXk7Two.jpg

Spoiler

zpo1UYw.jpg

Wale.

June 18, 2021

BTS X “smash.” App

KGU2EuT.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

June 18, 2021

BTS “Film Out” Performance on Music Blood Japan

I love RM’s style here  :blush:

TYflB5i.jpg

Source (1) (2)

June 18, 2021

RM Twitter Update

Rkive Yongsan  :innocent:

Spoiler

June 17, 2021

McD Update :mrgreen:

XWgzWtb.jpg

Spoiler

E4IuZGAVUAg6sUO?format=jpg&name=large

Source (1) (2) (3) | (1)

June 9, 2021

According to Fernando Vega, social media manager of Comscore Latinoamérica, RM was the 3rd most mentioned member in Latam (Latin America) with 13.6%.

1. Jimin (25.6%)
2. Jungkook (24.9%)
3. RM (13.6%)

UJhnhsB.jpg

Source (1) (2)

May 27, 2021

“Fandom App” analysis report in April by IGA Works (via Mobile Index)

1. VLive, recorded with 1.33 M monthly average users (MAUs)
2. Weverse
3. Weverse Shop
4. Idol Live
5. Lysn
6. Melon
7. Universe
8. Starpass
9. Idol Champ
10. Choeaedol

It was found that daily average users (DAUs) of VLIVE rose sharply on days of BTS broadcast. VLIVE recorded 427,668 DAUs on Jan 19 when RM’s solo broadcast was held.

Spoiler

df303415-7417-477d-987a-77324db516e1.PNG

1/19 RM VLive - 427,668
2/17 j-hope VLive - 416,766
2/19 BTS Comeback - 454,088
3/07 Jungkook VLive - 417,716
3/15 Jimin VLive - 411,469

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

berleezy.

June 3, 2021

Musun 129

Chosun Ilbo newspaper mentions RM’s Hot 100 celebration and how his ‘musun 129’ caught the attention of ARMY who searched quickly for its meaning and translated his message to different languages. :blush:

df7BwOR.jpg

A whole Korean news segment explained what “musun 129” is because RM used it on Weverse and international ARMYs were confused. :lol:

musun 129 = 무슨 or “what’s going on” in Gyeongsangdo satoori since 일(1) 이(2) 고(9) sound like the numbers in Korean. :mrgreen:

Spoiler

RM Weverse Update (June 2, 2021)

I just opened Weverse
musun 129....  
*(what’s going on? / what’s happening?)

Thank you so much and I miss you

ㅜㅜ

taig1nh.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

Another example of RM’s wordplay

RM to Jin: 이겼지만, 진 (igyotjjiman jin → “Won but lost, Jin!”)
Ahn Hyun Mo: igyotjjiman jin, igyotjjiman jin! :lol: 
*(she noticed the wordplay on 이겼지만, 진)
Ahn Hyun Mo: Ah~ you’re such a genius, RM

*진 (jin) could mean losing, and RM used that to Jin after Jin winning the no English ping-pong game.

This is from MBC’s “Omniscient Interfering View” (broadcast on June 19). Ahn Hyun Mo is an interpreter and BTS fans.

Source (1) (2)

June 20, 2021

SBS “The Show” (Behind The Show)

Taehyun from TXT says his favorite part of “0X1=LOVESONG” is ‘Now I can’t stop THINKING about you when I’m SINKING alone.’ And then said, “Could it be RM sunbaenim wrote this part?”

Then all of them thanking RM for writing the lyrics for 0X1=LOVESONG, “Thank you RM sunbaenim.”

f5wzqjX.jpg

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, bohmi said:

“Struggling for three weeks over the lyrics, producer Bang asked RM for help if he wanted to, and thankfully, he did,” Soobin said, adding the title was also decided in part by the BTS member.

On 6/1/2021 at 6:24 PM, bohmi said:

Soobin said, “Bang Si Hyuk PD had trouble with the lyrics for about three weeks before he asked RM for help. [RM] also helped with the title.”

Source (1) (2)

June 19, 2021

BTS 2021 MUSTER SOWOOZOO MERCH Unboxing Part. 2

Mom: “I’m sure. Her bias is Namjoon.” :wub:

Spoiler

June 17, 2021

Popular South Korean sports announcer Choi Hee mentioned RM in her YouTube channel where she saw an advertisement for a BTS member, saying that she really likes RM and thinks he’s really cool. :kiss_wink:

ebGtOMF.jpg

Source (1) (2)

June 22, 2021

RM Weverse Update

“my hair so gaeturl”

*Gaeturl (개털) : literally → dog’s fur, in this case he means his hair is like a dog’s fur (messy)
*Gaeturl (개털) : Koreans say this when the hair is stiff and dry as a slang

nPuHZkU.jpg

Spoiler

XJUy6iy.jpg

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

June 15, 2021

BTS LOVE MYSELF 2

AFDRJEZ.jpg

9gNHqyi.jpg

April 2021

BTS MAP OF THE SOUL ON:E CONCEPT PHOTOBOOK

Preview Short Film #RM

Preview cuts CLUE VER. [Persona and Shadow]

EzbNytjVoAQcPU-?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

hgSCxHU.jpg

EzlCMp9VcAQuCUo?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Preview cuts ROUTE VER. [Ego and Youth]

ctqQ3pk.jpg

Spoiler

EzgVbfAUYAQGUgP?format=jpg&name=4096x409

TChRx9T.jpg

M5q0wMH.jpg

Spoiler

BTS_MOS_08.jpg?type=w1200

BTS_MOS_07.jpg?type=w1200

BTS_MOS_26.jpg?type=w1200

Source:

Persona & Shadow (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Ego & Youth (1) (2) (3)

Others (1) (2) (3)

May 14, 2021

HYBE INSIGHT Opening

On 4/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, bohmi said:

April 26, 2021

HYBE INSIGHT

HYBE museum, called HYBE INSIGHT will open May 14. Located on the two basement floors of the new headquarters in Seoul, the museum will showcase artworks of HYBE artists and more contents for music experience. Visits will be available only through prior reservation.

Source (1) (2)

Source (1) (2)

RM’s voice for HYBE INSIGHT ARTIST DOCENT

On 4/27/2021 at 9:36 PM, bohmi said:

RM (BTS) along with JR (NU’EST), Sowon (GFRIEND), S.Coups (SEVENTEEN), Soobin (TXT), and Jungwon (ENHYPEN) will serve as Artist Docents for HYBE INSIGHT museum.

The six artists are leaders of their respective groups.

Their voice will be used as a guide in the HYBE INSIGHT museum through a device.

Spoiler

Source (1) (2)

More info about HYBE INSIGHT opening: