Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest orangemonkie

shy_hyo: hahaha no probs! you're having exam too? all the best!! :P

theresia_warner: yup, besides her mom, her colleagues were also there to show their support! :lol:

seiken: no news about m'sia so far. but i think they are visiting HK because the HK media is making great efforts in promoting DY. ^_^

Thanks beeboo86 and kozuesan for the lyrics. Em... sounds like she was in love but with whom? :)

Oh dear! December, that's a bad timing for me. My subordinates are taking leave and I doubt my hk boss would allow me to take leave. What is the exact date? I can only see 3 days trip in the google translation. And Hyo Joo has never been to HK. She must try the food there and it's also a shopping paradise. I intend to go to Korea during spring next year.

Guest FTIsland&Primadonna

Ahh ! Hyo Joo will be going to Hong Kong sometime in December to promote Dong Yi with Ji Jin Hee

wow this is great news!

since my friend will be there in december too.

I really wanna go to HK again now >_<

I wonder whos going to be the organizer.

hopefully there will be more update

>_>

edit; grr soompi is being weird, it wont show the rest of my comment somehow.

anyways I really love Mr. Pizza CF

makes me really want some pizza right now.

love HHJ ~~*

beeboo86, thanks for the english translation for You're My Sweater. I'm one of the unlucky fellows who would rely on english translation to understand everything. So Thank you.  Awww, the lyrics is apt for the comforting feeling of its tone. :)

And there's an article where I think the Mr. Pizza CF staff are complimenting Hyo joo's attitude towards work.

Here are the links

korean: http://www.asiatoday.co.kr/news/view.asp?seq=410258

http://www.bizplace.co.kr/biz_html/content/naver_content_view.php?seq_no=35604&page=1&b_code=

chinese: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=921153934

Oooh I hope a lot of fans will be able to see Hyo Joo in HK this December! ^_^

How exciting it must be to be able to meet her! :o

And I'm SO happy to hear that Dong Yi is being heavily promoted in HK! I really hope it goes well and that Hyo Joo will gain a lot more fans =D

FTI&CNB: I didn't get to say hi to you earlier, so HI! =D Welcome to the thread ^_^ We're immensely glad that you've found this thread on Soompi! =)

Hopefully more information will be updated because the fans on Baidu are trying to set up a gathering or some sort for those who want to go see Hyo Joo!

And Soompi does that to me a lot =( It cuts off half of my replies sometimes =.='' And mmms the pizza looks pretty good! I don't know if I'd eat mine with salad on top of it though! haha

primeo: Ahaha, I don't think she's in love.. well maybe she is, but is clever to hide it? lol

I think the lyrics are pretty simple haha Maybe that red sweater is her favorite/lucky sweater? XD I won't complain if it is about someone though :wub: I want Hyo Joo to be happy ^_^ It might even be Bae Soo Bin since they seem to be BFFs haha

I hope you're able to visit HK when Hyo Joo will be there! You must! lol It's once in a lifeeetime (well, maybe not since you're visiting S. Korea next spring haha) But it'd be her first time in China so it'd be great if a lot of her Chinese fans will attend to show support for her! I'm sure she'd be very thankful seeing how many international fans she has =)

orangemonkie: Oooh, Hyo Joo's mom went to GMF? =D I wonder why Hyo Joo didn't take any pictures with her mom and post them on her Cyworld?

I read a lot of celebrities attended GMF though =) I'm glad Hyo Joo was chosen out of 80 contestants because GMF was a great success!

seiken: Hopefully Hyo Joo will come to Malaysia to promote Dong Yi! It'd be great if she went to every Asian country though! Malaysia, HK, China, Taiwan, Japan, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. XD lol

beeboo: Thanks for the translations! I didn't know you knew Chinese! :o

theresia_warner: Hehe, you got your wish! Hyo Joo will be coming to HK for 3 days to promote Dong Yi during Christmas time! According to the article, they're making a huge effort in promoting Dong Yi in HK so hopefully it all proves worthwhile and that Dong Yi is successful!

And many, many, many thanks to kozeusan for providing pictures, videos, etc. !! =D It is much appreciated!

Couple more from the Yoplait picnic

-9_luvholic.jpg

-10_luvholic.jpg

-11_luvholic.jpg

Samsung VLUU

12559F144CC6AE5709DC93.jpg

11559F144CC6AE570821BC.jpg

11559F144CC6AE580A32EB.jpg

Mr. Pizza

-.jpg

1287985644_GIF_3.gif

1287985644_GIF_4.gif

G-20

52d0a3e5.jpg

101023seoul.jpg

101023seoul-1.jpg

1287775782_201010230434230606785501_0.jpg

1287775782_201010230434340606785501_0.jpg

Random

The jacket Hyo Joo wore to an interview on the 19th is by Isabel Marant

20101020002678_0.jpg

isabelmarent.jpg

It's priced at $1,005 on net-a-porter.com! Hyo Joo be ballin' now~ lol

Picture1-45.png

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/77171

The fan-made album cover on an iPod

1674DD354CC5B3F82B7350.png

Hyo Joo's turned this once straight woman bisexual or a lesbian :P jk! haha

-1.jpg

Guest beeboo86

kozuesan & primeo & bashful: You're most welcomed, that's like the only way I could contribute, so don't mention it.

And bashful LOL that's mean, you don't remember me translating a whole interview article of her thoughts when she first got DY role from mandarin to english for you guys? =C Haha j/k. Well yea, I'm a Malaysian, chinese educated, so that explains the poor translation lol. Oh and the last picture of her holding the camera in front of the girl, I wonder what's going to happen to either one of us if we're that girl there being so close to her lol.

And a summarized version of the article kozuesan linked us about Mr.Pizza CF:

She received praise because despite how tired she is because of the long filming hours throughout the night, she still kept moving forward. And the hardest thing to achieve for a female star/model is the so called "God of food", but HHJ just ate the real pizza without any complaints. (right here I'm guessing it meant the girls' diet).

Other than that, they took a lot of NGs because she had to understand how the bumping in to the guy scene should work, and she didn't show any signs of being tired.

and according to the I-don't-know-what-minister of Mr.pizza lol, because of her fighting spirit that kept moving forward, the crews were touched by it and they worked even harder. "Thank goodness we had a fine model, we were able to produce an outstanding CF"

And again I apologize for the poor translation.

Uhhh translating hurts my brain lol, it's been so long since I last read mandarin words this seriously lol, have always been escaping reading them after I graduated high school until now lol.

and oh good morning bashful lol (at least it's morning here for me lol). Whoever this fan was, to be able to capture this gorgeous photo of her and her autograph IS SO DAMN LUCKY T-T I'd frame it if this was mine lol. I really like this picture

d0002546_4cc4e835b07f0.jpg

Guest babievee

hi guys i found some article in korean news paper but i dont know what is all about... i think its from her recent interview..

part 2

image-3.jpg

part 1

image-2.jpg

Guest theresia_warner

Orangemonkie, I wanna see Hyo Joo and her mother photos. :D

Unfortunately, she didn't publish their recent photos.

But I'm glad her mother and her friends come to support her. ;)

maybe because of that she didn't get nervous sing on the stage. :rolleyes:

Bashful,OMG!! My wish comes true. :w00t:

Whereas I mention about the DY promotion because I saw the video that Kozuesan Posted.

It's nice song although in mandarin version and I love that song.

also I remember about her BL promotion in Japan.

I hope DY has a great success in Hongkong like BL in Japan.

I love her pictures in Samsung VLUU PL200.

She looks like a high school student. :w00t:

So cute. :wub:

Guest orangemonkie

primeo: hahaha hey! she'll be there during the Christmas week. coz if i am not wrong, the article mentioned that they will be spending their Christmas in HK. :lol:

bashful: hehehe, her mom is probably camera-shy. hahhaha!

theresia_warner: yea yea! i wld like to see HHJ pictured with her mom too! but there isn't many photos of her lately. haha! she said that it was better to perform at night coz she can't really see the audience. if the event was held in the day, she will be shivering on stage. :lol:

Guest shy_hyo

thanks bashful_harmony....

looks like Hyo Joo has so many kindergarten child fans, haha...

and....they attended samchuly autograph signing, so cute.....

maybe it's because "insang nyeo" image of Hyo Joo or because her role as a mother in DY,

whatever the reason, Hyo Joo indeed loves children, maybe she will become a good mother too...

oh, i'm really curious about how will be Hyo Joo's child looks alike???

hahaha...w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

since i'm SeungJoo lovers, maybe it will be very cute when SG face mix with HJ face, kya......it must be really cute......rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

just like a part of SG's song "Will You Marry Me" lyric at Brilliant Legacy...

it says that "I want to have children, the one looks like me, another one looks like you...", so sweeeeeeeeet.....wub.gif

oops, i'm sorry, just recall some part of Brilliant Legacy.....

Actress Han Hyo-joo Song Picks

Actress Han Hyo-joo -- we all love to refer to her as "Candy", that bright, spunky girl from the Japanese animation series of the same name who always hangs on. That was her character in "Shining Inheritance" (SBS), a girl who kept her spirits high and strong despite being kicked out of her house by her stepmother and left to tend to her autistic younger brother. The same can be said for the character she played in MBC period drama "Dong Yi" in which Han started out as a lowly palace maid who rises as the king's favorite concubine.

Some might say she was lucky to get those roles and indeed, she was. But still, to successfully become that character and build an entirely different image of herself with just two roles was entirely her own doing. Note that up until 2005 most of the roles Han played were usually quite reserved or calm in character. She was a timid college girl in MBC sitcom "Nonstop 5" who secretly carried around a list containing revenges she must take and another list for debts, a tender-hearted girl who worried about her perverse boyfriend in "By Land and Sky" (KBS), and a frightened high school student who was afraid to speak up for herself despite being sexually harassed by her teacher in film "My Boss, My Teacher" (2006). This alone can attest to how hard Han worked to re-create the image of herself. And it may also mean that she may have somewhat achieved her hope to "become an actor who has a positive influence on people".

So that may be why but at this year's Grand Mint Festival, a modern rock festival that celebrates its fourth year, Han again displayed that cheery image of herself on stage. "I really didn't want to miss this event but my tight schedule wouldn't allow anything. So I ended up coming up a schedule for it", Han said with smile. At the time of her interview with 10Asia, Han had said, "Right now, I'm busy practicing this merry little song I'll be singing as a duet with indie band "No Reply". Likewise below are some of Han's favorite songs that help her get through the day whether in front of the camera or stage.

1. Damien Rice's "O"

The first song Han recommended was "Cannonball" from Damien Rice's first album "O". When it comes to Rice's pieces, most people would have recommended "The Blower's Daughter" that was included in the soundtrack to film "Closer". Han chose otherwise. She explained this was the piece that stood by her throughout the hard times she went through in the 20s. "The music seems to comfort me. Because it was there with me during the toughest moments of my life. I still listen to it whenever I feel lonely at night". "Cannonball" is a gentle guitar piece accompanied by a soft vocal.

2. Edith Piaf's "The Very Best Of Edith Piaf"

"The life and music of Edith Piaff itself is like an art", Han said. True to her words, this famous French singer went through so much in life that a full-length movie "La Vie en rose" was made in her memory. Making it past her unhappy youth, she managed to become a famous singer in France at the age of 20 only to be haunted by many other trials in life. "Her music that inspired many artists also stirs so many feelings inside me. Sometimes I feel comforted, sometimes I get teary, but all in all they stir some kind of passion within me", said Han.

3. Kim Kwang-seok's "Kim Kwang-seok Best"

This singer died in 1996, when Han was only ten. Yet the fact that Han loves his work attests to the timelessness of his music. "To be honest I really didn't know much about him at first. All I had was a faint memory of the many people mourning over his untimely death. Then one day as I was listening to the radio at dawn I heard one of his songs 'Trying to get over you' which made me break down and cry all alone in my room. I felt like his voice and lyrics were touching on something inside me. After that I became his fan". The song will reach out to the hearts of not only those who went through a tough break up but anyone who is just willing to try out good, sentimental music.

4. Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams"

"You don't need words to describe what it's like. You will recognized it immediately upon listening to the album", Han said. It was not much of a surprise that Han, who heals her heart through music, recommended Jack Johnson's "Never Know". Han said his voice gives off an easy-going analogue-like atmosphere and is free of formalities and that is what Jack Johnson does with his music, tossing the lyrics to the listener as if telling a story in a space full of a warm vibe. "'Never Know' in particular helps me relax. I love his third album but I'm also looking forward to his fifth album 'To the Sea'", said Han.

5. 10cm's "10cm The First EP"

When Han was named lady of this year's Grand Mint Festival, it was not just because she was looking for something new. She has too much love for indie bands to make it sound it is just for business. For Han who seeks music that heals her heart, 10cm is an indie band that is "like a diamond in the rough", Han said. Their songs, composed of the guitar, djembe (African drum) and a easy vocals are perfect for a good night of sleep. "My favorites are 'Healing', 'Good Night', and 'Americano'. The more you listen, the more you'll fall for their unique charm. I'll be spending my night with them tonight again", remarked the delightful actress.

Reporter : Lee Ga-on

Editor : Heidi Kim heidikim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://www.hancinema.net/actress-han-hyo-joo-song-picks-25678.html

Thanks bashful for the article. From what I understand from her reply about her choice of songs, she is a sensitive and emotional person. She is feeling lonely and she has definitely been heartbroken before and has difficulty getting over it. When I was young and had many broken relationships, I was like her, listening to songs to calm myself down but still couldn't get over the pain. It takes time. She may put up a happy and smiling face in front of the public but when she is alone by herself in the room, God knows, she may be crying when thinking about the hurt and the past. I wish I can share with her about "someone", and when she knows HIS presence, she won't feel lonely. This could be the reason why she's a workaholic, make herself busy and hence don't have time to think about anything else.

@orangemonkie, if I can go to HK, i probably can take one day leave the most. That's why I need to know the exact date. It's difficult to make bookings especially at the last minute during peak season. It's also more costly for the airfare and accomodation during this period but my concern is whether there are seats and room available. I remember there's one chinese fan you know in baidu, who can speak English (is she taosmile?), is she planning to go to HK? Thanks.

Guest suncine445

Thanks bashful for HHJ choice songs article.Hi Primeo, good to see you posting actively again. After going through those songs of her choice, I have to add that she is a very down to earth person. Not many can appreciate these alternatives styles music. She seem to be a very sensitive girl and I think she does have a tendency to bottle up her emotions .She is a very open ,loyal and true to her friends and I believe some of those past friendships made have let her down.It is only lately that she is able to find her footing again having surround herself with the right mix of people.This is just life experience and she has comes out positively and a better and more confident person all round.The sketch book and recent mint festivals are best examples. Being there to give her best shot on every project and not worrying about the consequences. By taking that step forward especially on stage live with a bad flu and still giving her best. That is courage and perseverance.Good on her... :D