Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

prissymom: Hi, I saw you when I was browsing through the 3D1M thread. It was a fun drama to watch. I heard JHJ recently got discharged from his 2-year mandatory military service along with Jae Hee. I didn't know you were a Han Hyo Joo fan too. I have been looking at the drama Only You starring JHJ. Is it good?

Interesting fact: Jae Hee attends the same church as Han Hyo Joo.

I have been an HHJ fan ever since Shining Inheritance, I also watched Lee Jun-ki's Iljimae because of her. I also checked out her earlier dramas like Spring Waltz. I love the innocence and freshness she brings into the characters she portrays.

As for "Only You", of course it is good, I am a diehard JHJ fan after all! :lol: Actually the drama is light and feel good, JHJ and the little boy who plays his son are adorable. It's not the best drama out there but if you need something light and something to make you smile I recommend it.

I hope that someday HHJ and JHJ will get the chance to work together.

Trivia: 2 of HHJ's co-stars in Dong-yi have worked with JHJ in the past. Ji Jin-hee (King Sukjong) was the 2nd lead male in "Love Letter" where JHJ was the lead male. Lee So-yon (the evil Jang He Bin fury.gif ) , oth, was with JHJ in the movie "Untold Scandal" and the short internet film "Joy of Love" (aka Pleasure of Love). Plus, JHJ also worked with PD Lee Byung-hun (PD of Dong Yi) in Seo Dong-yo. I wonder when JHJ and HHJ will work together. I really want that to happen, I think they'd make a good screen couple :D .

Seoul Intnl Drama Awards 2010 – Nominees

The organising committee for Seoul International Drama Awards 2010 held a press conference earlier this morning to announce the nominees for the various categories.

Among the list of actors & actresses in kdrama, Lee Byung-Hyun (IRIS) & Jang Hyuk (Chuno) are picked for Best Actor nominees while Go Hyun-Jung (QSD) & Han Hyo-Joo (Brilliant Legacy) for Best Actress nominees.

For Best Drama Category, these are the nominees;

- Queen Seon Deok

- Chuno

- NCIS season 7

- The Summit (Canadian)

- JIN (Japanese)

source: http://koreandiorama.wordpress.com/2010/08/20/seoul-intnl-drama-awards-2010-nominees/

In addition to that.. Lee Byung Hun-Go Hyun Jung-Jang Hyuk-Han Hyo Joo to receive Special Prize at SDA 2010 for Korean Wave Dramas

:D

Hi, bashful_harmony! I am a bit confused by the news you posted from koreandiorama. From the above article it seems LBH, JH, GHJ and HHJ are just nominees in their respective categories. In an article I read over at soompi's News thread, the 4 actors are already winners in their respective categories: LBH (for IRIS) and JH (for CHUNO) sharing the Best Actor award, while GHJ (for QSD) and HHJ(for Shining Inheritance) share the Best Actress Award. Here's the link to the News thread: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=343655&st=11140. Below is a copy of the article from the News thread:

SEOUL, Aug. 20 (Yonhap) -- The Seoul International Drama Awards' organizing committee on Friday unveiled a shortlist of candidates for a slew of awards to be bestowed next month at the annual international event.

The awards ceremony, set for Sept. 10 and hosted by The Korean Broadcasters Association, drew 172 entries from 43 countries.

Six dramas were nominated for Best Director: "Homecoming" from Taiwan; "The Summit" from Canada; "Desperate Parents 2" from France; "Park Road" from Denmark; "Father & Son" from Ireland; and "The Pleiades" from China.

Lee Byung-hun, who played a security agent against North Korean infiltrators in the KBS hit drama "IRIS," is one of the seven candidates vying for Best Actor. Other contenders are James Cromwell of "The Last Days of Lehman Brothers" (Britain); Ivailo Hristov of "Ruth" (Bulgaria); Carl-Kristian Rundman of "Easy Living" (Finland); Mark Harmon of "NCIS" Season 7 (U.S.); Julio Chavez of "Be Kind to Me" (Argentina); and Dougray Scott of "Father & Son" (Ireland).

The seven nominees for Best Actress are: Adrienne Pauly of "The Killer Queen" (France); Abbey Hoes of "Maite Was Here" (Netherlands); Machiko Ono of "Goldfish" (Japan); Margot Ros and Maike Meijer of "Tower C" (Netherlands); Erin Karpluk of "Being Erica" Series 2 (Britain); Yuko Tanaka of "The Pleiades" (China); and Susan Roces of "A Christmas Hope" (Philippines).

This year, the organizers created the new Korean Wave Special Prize category that was selected through a vote by local and foreign correspondents here and people in the drama industry. "The Slave Hunters" swept the section with the Grand Prize, Best Actor, which was shared with "IRIS," and Best Director.

Best Actress was shared by Ko Hyeon-jung of "The Great Queen Seondeok" and Han Hyo-joo of "Shining Inheritance."

Source: hkim@yna.co.kr yonhapnews.co.kr

Guest orangemonkie

Hi prissymom! so according to soompi news, HHJ will be receiving 2 awards? hmm.. i thought there should only be one winner for the best actress award? ah! this is confusing! :unsure: hahahaha!

I think the Korean Wave special prize has already been selected. It's not up for internet voting by fans but by the foreign and local correspondents as well as the people from the korean film industry (just like what the articleshared by prissymom  said) have already voted for it. And she's sharing the award with Mishil!  That means the concept of voting in this category is like the concept being used by the other acting award-giving bodies.  I think that's a better way...and less stresful for fans, lolz, haha :lol:.

prissymom

...oh, like "Only You" . I especially love the scene where he carries his son on his shoulders while they were walking along the street.  I think he and Hyo Joo will look good together, too. Yup, I also hope they get to collaborate soon. By that time, Hyo Joo will be showing off her long wavy black hair.  Awww.

Hi everyone! :)

prissymom is right about the SDAward that Hyo Joo will be getting. When I posted that news article, the more thorough one was released the day after and I was too lazy to edit my post :lol:

So yeah, Hyo Joo and Go Hyun Jung both will receive the Korean Wave award for Best Actress. Hyo Joo isn't nominated in the Best Actress category.

Guest primeo

Thanks prissymom and bashful_harmony for the clarification. Seoul International Drama Awards as the name implies, is an international affair.

Best Actor nominees are consist of international stars and there is one Korean representative ie. Lee Byung-hun of IRIS

Best Actress nominees are consist of international stars (no Korean star listed here)

I believe the winners of these two awards will be announced to the public in the event itself.

Korean Wave Special Prize category is newly created by the organiser this year and under this category, it has Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director and etc. The winners of the awards have been decided. The article says Chuno swept this category with the number of awards/winners here. Best actor award is shared by IRIS actor and Chuno actor. Best actress award is shared by Go Hyun-Jung of The Great Queen Seondeok and our darling Han Hyo Joo of Brilliant Legacy.

This is the first time I heard that an award is shared between actors/actresses. Do you notice that Lee Seung Gi is not in the Korean Wave Special Prize category although he is very popular among the fans? Hyo Joo is very honoured and of course deserving to be noticed for her work n performance by the locals, foreigners and the korean drama industry. I seconded those people here who said that this is a much better award than the most popular award (online voting) because this award is not fabricated by the online voting.

As an avid supporter and fan of Han Hyo Joo, I'm very proud and happy for her and all of us here. I would like to suggest that we "celebrate" this victory and inform our visitors here (we do have a lot of silent visitors here I noticed). Therefore, bashful_harmony, can I suggest you to put up a congratulatory note to HHJ for winning the Korean Wave Best Actress Award ?  Thank you.

Thank you bashful_harmony and primeo for clearing things up! For a while there I thought I was jumping the gun congratulating HHJ for her Best Actress win.

So HOORAY for HHJ (together with the evil Mishil :lol: ) for winning the Best Actress Award in the Korean Wave Special Category of the Seoul International Drama Awards!!! ( :sweatingbullets: that is a long title for an award!!!)

Guest chopper!

han hyo joooo~

new to the thread, but i've been loving han hyo joo ever since i saw her mc on inkigayo with andy. her beauty was like blinding! ever since then i followed her and became a huge gigantic fan x) so happy she's getting so much love right now! i'm amazed at the popularity, compared to back in the days!<3

looking forward to seeing her in many more dramas or movies in the future and i'll continue supporting her<3

Hey everyone! :)

Jambangee Fall 2010 Collection

63905482dcdbe0e60df4d231.jpg

974a306d619782bf42169431.jpg

3ebb3729bb99d0ba98250a31.jpg

d77cb13e1c5903be838b1331.jpg

77a54790f26e43c9a877a432.jpg

4570be1c956e91cf86d6b63c.jpg

9b5fbffb75795d664e4aea3c.jpg

074e18ce6ebce57db700c83c.jpg

I'm not feeling the middle hair part they styled on for her.. I don't think it looks that good on Hyo Joo ><

But goshdang, she's so tall! You can really see how tall she is in the picture with Jo Kwon (5th picture) and she looks like she's pulling out a wedgie :lol:

Anyways... haha, her boots are completely flat, while Jo Kwon's wearing shoes that have extra height on the bottom and yet, they're both roughly the same height! Jo Kwon's height is 172cm, I believe, so this really adds proof to Hyo Joo being 172cm tall, no longer 170cm :)

Also...

Making of the latest Lotte Card CF

Picture5.png

Picture6-1.png

Picture7.png

30 Second Version of the CF

cf05_paranzui-1.jpg

Link:

edit: primeo: Sure thing! I'll edit the thread to spread congratulations to Hyo Joo on her win for such an honorary award! :D

I've just seen episodes 43 and 44. I cried so much in these eps. tears.gif Her scenes with ji Jin Hee in these eps were their best ones so far and I just could not pick up which one is the best because I just got carried away. The scene which lingered in my mind the most though was when Dong Yi ran to her son's palace after frantically searching for that herb only to find out that he is in heaven already. The pain of losing her son was wonderfully registered in Hyo Joo's face that it just broke my heart. tears.gif 

Jambangee pictures...I love the third one the most because they look so sweet. ..and Hyo Joo's legs made the chair look shorter. :lol:

Guest theresia_warner

thanks for all the pix. :) :) :)

she did looked tired in viki, but still pretty. :D :D :D

I guess, there are more jambangee pix.

I saw on youtube, Hyo Joo was interviewed

and she wears headband. :rolleyes:

here is the video interview.

Thanks for the link theresia_warner. Did you mean the that thing she wears in 1:30? She reminds me of a gypsy with that one.

This was posted by theedqueen in the DongYi thread days ago. I don't know what she's doing there but it looks like  Hyo Joo is playing with her "son" on the set . :lol:

453zi.jpg

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

Han Hyo Joo is not the prettiest actress I've seen, not even pretty, maybe more like cute but she does have the look of a model. These photoshoots of hers are classy and elegant.