Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

On 7/29/2016 at 9:19 AM, tuesdaymuse said:

@chyantrils25 Hyo Joo actually follows Chae Won's Weibo albeit the last time she updated was in 2015. The last time I saw them together was in 2013 with LSG and PD of Shining Inheritance. I think they're still friends. :) 

Here are some cute fan arts that I saw on Weibo

Reveal hidden contents

HFt1W6M.jpgrnjK9jR.jpg

yeah i was so happy when i saw that she followed MCW in weibo and also Lee Kwang Soo but yeah sadly MCW's last weibo update was Nov or Dec last year...i really hope to see some latest photos of them together..i miss their chemie-ness during BL days:P

• Like 1

Guest kaz11

Hi guys, what did you all think of eps 3 and 4? I am probably the only one here that did not love these  eps as much as I did the first ones lol. Not only did I have a problem with KC shooting Yeon Joo but her accepting that or forgiving him almost immediately? I would love to be convinced in the upcoming episodes. Ep 4 ended with a good scene but  as a whole it felt weirdly paced. I loved the brisk pace in eps 1 and 2. I can also see that the writer has set up KC with more complexities as a character. I can only hope that she'll do the same for our heroine. 

On 7/29/2016 at 10:21 AM, keisha15 said:

Wow, episode 5 of W was so intense! The revelation already begins, what's store for the next episodes? (Only the writer can know, praises to her). Hyo joo is really beautiful and great in acting, my heartache for her when she is in the prison and talking to kangchul...their acting is so good,,, and that tears....oh my...it made me teary-eyed! 

Waiting for next week's episode, it seems a sad one and the kiss...omo omo...can't wait!!! :wub:

i really really think Hyo Joo did such a great job in that prison conversation/revelations with KC..

i mean her tone of voice alone while delivering her lines is enough to make you feel what she's trying to convey..

i saw some comments from W thread saying they don't find her breaking out scene convincing and that it's kind of weak...

for me it was great!..i mean just because she has to act that she's breaking does it have to be manifested in her face that she's breaking?

and it's so obvious that Yeon Joo is trying so hard to show KC like "i'm fine!i'm a tough cookie" that's why we can sense her holding back

but still she she wasn't able to suppress that she's breaking inside..true it doesn't manifested much in her face but it was greatly

manifested in her tone of voice...for me she acted her breaking out scene in a calm,full of emotions convincing way:)

@kaz11 i may be easy to please cuz of Hyo Joo cuz i don't have a problem with all the episodes so far hehe:D and yeah i wasn't pleased as well with the KC shooting Yeon Joo scene but i bought Kang Chul's explanation/reason later on for doing so:P...i'm also fine with Yeo Joo flashing cuz it is not as if she's totally naked cuz if she is then i have a problem with it!:lol:

well to begin with KC is a complex character for me hope they won't make him way more complex that will make viewers hard to grasp what is going on though i can sense that Yeon Joo also has her own complexities in the process,.hope that both our hero & heroine share the same level of gravity and that the story won't give KC more of the gravity..

• Like 5

Guest kaz11

I know Kang Chul is a geeeenius but he was visibly slightly surprised when the bullet did not hurt her. So I still don't buy his reason. And Yeon Joo forgave him too quickly. I know she is slightly ditzy and a hopeless fangirl but she is also smart where it matters. I noticed a few plot holes when I watched the new eps and re-watched the first two, but these are minor complaints. Still, I do love this drama but I am a bit worried about Yeon Joo's character development. I think dramas tend to have better written heroes, too, compared to the heroines.

ETA: Prison scene: perfectly played, she cried half-laughing at the absurdness of it all.

And I am loving Hyo Joo's take on Oh Yeon Joo. It's almost like Yeon Joo belongs in a J-dorama but Hyo Joo's comedic performance is not as exaggerated. She is the type of actress that can show a lot of expressions with her face and it is apparent here more than ever. I am just sad that she is not as appreciated.

I agreed that people would either love or hate her portrayal but the differences in opinion still make me...

Spoiler

I do have my suspicions about what we know as the "real word" in the story.

I absolutely adore her performance in the prison scene. From the detention scene, to the interrogation scene and finally to the prison scene, you can see that she was scared shjt and totally not like her usual silly self. I love it when she still give that little subtle smile when she sees KC, and then finally breaking down during the conversation. To me, she nailed the scene. I do hope that she won't be like her character Eun Chae from Iljimae, despite being a great character, she just repeatedly get used by the male lead for his own agenda.

• Like 8

Guest kaz11

I knew there was inconsistency in Yeon Joo's character the moment she  said something like, "Why do I need to set my style to his taste?". And yet she forgave him easily for shooting her. :(

1 hour ago, uknowahah said:

Hahaha!! First she did ballet on the roof then now karate in prison :lol: the things she do on set..

I dont know why Hyo Joo doesnt consider herself as a funny person when in fact she is.. :) I really like to see those hilarious poses... 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, isapuilai said:

I dont know why Hyo Joo doesnt consider herself as a funny person when in fact she is.. :) I really like to see those hilarious poses... 

That's because she's so down-to-earth. And she don't do slapstick and deliberately act funny, she's just naturally fun to be with - she's not even aware of it. I think she does so to relax herself as well as the crews, like when she dances.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, isapuilai said:

Yes...she really is a natural-born funny person! I really love her wittiness...very feminine in looks but very cowboy in personality! Lovely!...i love her karate pose! :blush:

• Like 7

Speaking of funny Hyo Joo, i love watching her guestings on variety shows like 1N2D, running man, etc.! She's so game and she jokes around with the cast haha. 

I like her chemistry with LJS. They seem to be really at ease with each other.

• Like 7

On 30 July 2016 at 10:46 AM, uknowahah said:

I'm thankful Hyo Joo opted to take risks and chose projects of different genres. Period drama and a bit of comedy, romcom, drama, action, suspense, even musical type. Yes, I love her in Always, too. :wub:

@kozuesan Yes. Perhaps because it's an action genre without any romance/loveline and hence it felt very different from her other drama roles. I love that character too and it was simply refreshing to see her as a kickaz genius.
I love her portrayal as Jung Hwa in Always too, and I thought it left quite a huge impression on me after I watched it. Strangely there wasn't even an award nomination for that role. 

• Like 1