Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

shy_hyo,

Thank you for the english translated article. People born in 1987 must be really lucky.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive today, but I can feel how touched she was with the outpour of gifts from the fans. Awwww.

And the "love letter" that DongYi is holding in one of the pictures is from Sukjong. The reason why Sukjong wrote that will be revealed in tonight's episode. Awww....I cannot wait!!!!! Such a beautiful love letter.:wub: 

Jackie from dramatomy translated the content of the love letter.

And just some random thought,.... I'd love to hear Hyo Joo call Jaejoong "Oppa" again. See, it's so random, lolz, haha.

Guest currysushi33

i finally watched heavens postman......i watched it on dramacrazy i think they uploaded the links weirdly cos i watched the end first TT....it didnt seem like it was the end but then the credist started rolling nd i was like crap ...after waiting for how long nd then i ruined it for myself....but aside from that

it was awesome i loved these two...i thought HHj was brilliant...but jaejoong was a little wooden for me but pretty good for a first timer

i remember reading how a lot of scenes had to be cut out and so the film seemed choppy?.....but i disagree, didnt get that feeling at all...

yay so now i have watched everything of hyo joo's except for as much as heaven and earth....nd thats only cos i couldnt find good subs

thanks for all the pictures everyone......no shes going to miss another awards show??? :( ...

Guest orangemonkie

hey bashful! hahahaha! thanks for sharing the photos!! woah, i envied her smile! :lol:

btw! HHJ looks incredibly cute in the latest DY NGs clip! Here's the link: http://tieba.baidu.com/%BA%AB%D0%A2%D6%E9/shipin/play/a35df00ff73a193cf3f65490/

theresia_warner: hahaha!! yea!! i love that pic the most too! :w00t: it seems that this commercial has garnered huge response from the public. recent news reported that the first batch of 240 Samsung NX100 cameras were sold out within an hour! there was already a long queue 5 hours before the commencement of the samsung event. :lol:

oh btw, i'd difficulties understanding the chinese translation above, so i didn't translate them. :(

Guest theresia_warner

Woww, that's a great news orangemonkie. w00t.gifw00t.gif

Seems Hyo Joo really is a great model. :wub:

I think that camera price is quite expensive.

But Glad to know can sold out within one hour. :D :D

Kozuesan, when did Hyo Joo call Jae Joong "oppa".

When she was interviewed?

Do you have the link of that video?

Guest shy_hyo

thanks for all Hyo Joo's pics bashful_harmony....

i love Hyo Joo's smile pics from MBC section TV program, she is so lovely.......

yes kozuesan....you're welcome....

i'm agree with you that she must be really, really touched with all of the gifts from her fans....

and....i think the most important gifts are our support and careness to her...

hey orangemonkie.....thanks for DY NGs link,

she is soooooo cute, haha...

and, samsung NX100 just sold out within an hour, wow....!!!

Hyo Joo is really the best CF model, i really proud being her fans, haha...

thanks orangemonkie for updating the news for us..

theresia_warner....i have watch the video, it was an interview from Arirang showbiz extra...

they call our Hyo Joo "candy girl" because she always has radiant smile along the interview..

but, i'm so sorry i just forgot the link, maybe kozuesan has it...

Guest theresia_warner

Thanks Kozuesan and shy_hyo. :D :D :D

I've already watched it before but I didn't notice that. :(

I hope she's be interviewed again and said it again.lol :lol:

Babieve, did you mean KDF awards?

If so,the ceremony has been held on October 2nd.

And She didn't attend to KDF ceremony. :(

Hello babievee! :) Welcome to the thread!

Unfortunately, Hyo Joo could not attend the Korean Drama Festival :( But she did win the Best Actress award! :)

Here's an English translated article stating her win:

English translation of KDF, courtesy of o-cha from the Jang Hyuk thread :)

'추노', KDF 2010 최고상 작가상 수상(종합)

'Chuno', Winner of Best (Drama) and Best Writer Award

제빵왕 김탁구·동이·추노, KDF2010 각각 3개부문 수상

Baker King Kim Tak Goo, Dong Yi, Chuno, Receiving 3 Awards

KBS 2TV '제빵왕 김탁구', '추노', MBC '동이'가 2010 코리아 드라마 어워즈(Korea Drama Festival 2010, 이하 KDF 2010)에서 각각 3개의 상을 수상하는 영광을 안았다.

KBS 2TV's 'Baker King Kim Tak Goo', 'Chuno' and MBC's 'Dong Yi' had the honor of receiving 3 awards each from the Korea Drama Festivel 2010 (KDF 2010).

주최측은 16일 오전 서울 방송회관에서 수장작을 발표했다. 총 3차에 걸쳐 엄격한 심사기준으로 진행된 이번 심사는 총 9개 부문, 17명의 수상자를 가렸다.

Organizers announced the awards at a press conference on the 16th. This was after 3 rounds of strict screening criteria, encompassing 3 segments, and the total winner are 17 people.

전 현직 드라마 PD, 드라마 작가, 문화평론가, 기자 등 13명의 미디어전문가들로 구성된 심사위원들이 후보작들을 최종 선정했다.

Past and present drama PDs, drama writers, cultural critics, reporters and other made up the 13 media expert panel who made the selection.

시상식 대상에 해당하는 작품상에는 '동이', '아이리스', '인생은 아름다워', '제빵왕 김탁구', '추노' 등이 후보로 올랐으며, 최종 작품상은 '추노' 가 차지했다.

The nominees of Best Drama (Daesang) awards were 'Dong Yi', 'Iris', 'Life Is Beautiful', 'Baker King Kim Tak Goo', 'Chuno'. 'Chuno' took home the award.

남자주연상 역시 김수로(공부의 신), 이범수(자이언트), 이병헌(아이리스), 전광렬(제빵왕 김탁구)의 후보들을 제치고 '추노'에서 열연한 장혁이 차지했다.

The nominees for Male Actor were Kim Soo Ro (God of Study), Lee Bum Soo (Giant), Lee Byung Hun (Iris), Jeon Kwang Ryeol (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) but it was Jang Hyuk and his portrayal in 'Chuno' that won ahead of them.

여자주연상은 김태희(아이리스), 문근영(신데렐라 언니), 이미연(거상 김만덕), 한효주(동이) 등의 경합 후 한효주가 수상하게 됐다.

For the Female Actress Kim Tae Hee (Iris), Moon Geun Young (Cinderella's Unni), Lee Mi Yeon (Kim Man Deok), Han Hyo Joo (Dong Yi) were nominated. Han Hyo Joo won the award.

남녀조연상은 정동환(동이)과 김해숙(인생은 아름다워)이 각각 수상 예정이며, 남녀신인상은 최근 주가를 올리고 있는 신세대 배우인 윤시윤(제빵왕 김탁구)과 서우(신데렐라 언니)에게로 돌아갔다.

Supporting Actor and Actress went to Jung Dong Hwan (Dong Yi) and Kim Hae Sook (Life Is Beautiful). Best Newcomers went to Yoon Shi Yoon (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) and Seo Woo (Cinderella's Unni).

이로써 '제빵왕 김탁구'는 작가상(강은경),연출상(이정섭PD), 남자 신인상(윤시윤)을 차지했다.

'Baker King Kim Tak Goo' won Best Writer Award (Kang Eun Kyung), Best Director award (Lee Jung Sup PD), Best Male Newcomer award (Yoon Shi Yoon).

'추노'는 작가상(천성일), 남자 주연상(장혁), 작품상을 차지했다. '동이'는 남자조연상(정동환), 여자 주연상(한효주), 공로상(이병훈PD)를 받았다.

'Chuno' won Best Writer Award (Chun Sung Il), Best Actor award (Jang Hyuk), and Best Drama award. 'Dong Yi' won Best Supporting Actor (Jung Dong Hwan), Best Actress Award (Han Hyo Joo), Achievement Award (PD Lee Byung Hoon).

KDF 2010는 올해로 4회를 맞는 행사. 대외적으로는 한류열풍의 주요 문화콘텐츠인 드라마의 세계적 위상을 강화한다는 목표로, 또 드라마 관계자들만이 자축하는 형식적인 잔치가 아닌 놀고, 즐기고, 관람객이 직접 대화하는 축제로 승화시킨다는 의의를 갖는다.

KDS 2010 marks the 4th time it's ever conducted. The aim is to strengthen the position of drama contents in light of the Hallyu explosion in foreign markets.

특히 이번 시상식에는 중견배우인 이순재가 심사위원 및 홍보대사를 맡아 눈길을 끈다.

What attracted attention especially is Lee Sun Jae's appointment as the ambassador of the festival as he explained the vision of the festival

다음은 이밖에 수상자명단

The following is a list of winners

▲작가상(미니시리즈)=천성일(추노)▲작가상(연속극)=강은경(제빵왕 김탁구)▲연출상(미니시리즈)=김규태(아이리스)▲연출상(연속극)=이정섭(제빵왕 김탁구)▲프로듀서상=정태원(아이리스)▲뉴미디어상=위기일발 풍년빌라▲연기상(남자신인)=윤시윤(제빵왕 김탁구),(여자신인)=서우(신데렐라 언니)▲연기상(남자조연)=정동환(동이), (여자조연)=김해숙(인생은 아름다워), ▲연기상(남자주연)=장혁(추노), (여자주연)=한효주(동이)▲공로상=이병훈(동이)▲심사위원 특별상=김병욱(지붕뚫고 하이킥)▲작품상=추노 ▲인기상=투표중

- Best Writer Award (Mini Series) = Chun Sung Il (Chuno) - Best Writer Award (Serial drama) = Kang Eun Kyung (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) - Best Directing Award (Mini Series) = Kim Gyoo Tae (Iris) - Best Directing Award (Serial drama) = Lee Jung Sup (Baker King Kim Tak Goo) - Best Producer award = Jung Tae Won (Iris) - New Media Award = Good Harvest Villa - Best Acting Award (Male Newcomer) = Yoon Shi Yoon (Baker King Kim Tak Goo), (Female Newcomer) = Seo Woo (Cinderella's Sister) - Best Acting Award (Supporting Male) = Jung Dong Hwan (Dong Yi), (Supporting Female) = Kim Hae Sook (Life Is Beautiful) - Best Acting Award (Male) = Jang Hyuk (Chuno), (Female) = Han Hyo Joo (Dong Yi) - Achievement Award = Lee Byung Hoon (Dong Yi) - Judge's Special Award = Kim Byung Wook (Highkick Through The Roof) - Best Drama Award = Chuno - Popularity Award = by vote

source: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13573&view=findpost&p=16454064

- - - -

I thought this was rather interesting to read lol

Goodwill Ambassadors Becomes Hot Issue

Celebrity goodwill ambassadors not so ‘good-willed’

from KoreaTimes

10-05-2010 19:08

On Monday afternoon at the National Assembly’s audit of the Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, pop princess Lee Hyo-ri became a hot issue.

Rep. Kim Sung-soo of the ruling Grand National Party criticized senior ministry officials for having appointed Lee as a goodwill ambassador for “hanwoo” or homegrown beef cattle, claiming she is “too expensive” and “inappropriate” for the job.

According to the ministry, Lee was paid about 360 million won ($310,000) for appearing in TV ads and other promotions. It’s more than three times as much as that of Choi Bul-ahm, a veteran actor.

“Lee has recently been involved in a plagiarism scandal and it doesn’t make sense that she should represent one of the best things Korea can offer and be paid a substantial amount of money for it,” Rep. Kim said.

Lee was not the only one accused of being excessively paid and singled out at the audit. Rep. Lee Ae-ju of the GNP denounced the Ministry of Health and Welfare for being ignorant of the payments that the Community Chest of Korea makes to its goodwill ambassadors.

The charity group heavily depends on governmental subsidies for operations. “Those celebrities do not show up at the office or do any work but are paid regularly. Do you think that makes sense?” Rep. Lee said.

In reply, Health and Welfare Minister Chin Soo-hee pledged to modify the goodwill ambassador system.

The disclosures drew instant public attention to the goodwill ambassador system, where rows of celebrities are appointed to promote certain charity or social events.

Many public administrations or agencies admit that the goodwill ambassadors do not work for free and that they sometimes require a certain amount of money. The Gyeonggi Provincial Government has appointed a total of 32 goodwill ambassadors for a variety of events and organizations between 2008 and April 2010 and spent 38 million won.

“The money is mostly used for inviting celebrities to events, paying for their outfits, makeup and other expenses,” an official from the Center for Freedom of Information said.

Ordinary citizens who are motivated by the goodwill ambassadors are disappointed in the fact that these celebrities don’t actually have any ‘goodwill’ or not as “pure” as they thought.

“I thought they worked for free and genuinely cared about the public events or products they promoted. It’s upsetting to learn that Lee Hyo-ri was paid enough money to buy beef for everyone in my company,” said Lee Ji-young, an office worker.

Yet those who hire goodwill ambassadors defend themselves, saying that celebrities are needed.

“Government policies or events are usually complicated and ordinary people are uninvolved or feel disconnected. Celebrities fill the gap instantly. I think Lee was chosen for that reason. She is a top star and the amount she has reportedly received is lower than what she could have gotten from advertising other products,” a promoter of a state-run corporation said.

Some celebrities do make the rare choice of becoming pro bono ambassadors. Han Hyo-joo, the protagonist of MBC TV drama “Dong Yi,” received nothing for working as a goodwill ambassador for the G20 Summit to be held in Seoul in November.

“Han took it as an honor to promote the great event and she never thought about accepting money,” Han’s agent Yu Hyung-suk told The Korea Times.

Great of Hyo Joo to do it for free! :) I'm so proud of her <3 She's very proud of being Korean ^^

Guest shy_hyo

wow, what a good news!! thanks bashful_harmony...

it is good to know that Hyo Joo really kind hearted girl, as i said before, i'm proud being her fans....

she is still young, but she has realize that "if you want to get or receive good things so you have to do good things before", yay....biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

haha....she is completed her beauty with good behavior (and also brain, i think)...

success for Hyo Joo, i'm curious with her next project after finished DY.....hwaiting Hyo Joo eonni!!!!!!!!

Guest babievee

blashful_harmony thank you for the article...

our Han hyo joo deserved that award.. she's a brilliant actress

thats why i LOVE HER...

i hope she can do many projects in future,,,

Guest currysushi33

well this is why we love her......shes so young and at the heights of her fame so she would be so busy with a packed schedule, and the fact some of that time is promoting something for the community without getting paid for it really shows how amazing our girl is

i had such a big cheesy smile at the end of the article....i feel like a proud parent lol

and im so proud to be her fan ...thanks for the article bashful

Guest theresia_warner

Woww, she's really amazing, isn't she? :wub:

I think I rarely find actress like her.

Not count everything she's doing with money. ;)

I love her more because of it. :D :D

watching the link that Kozuesan gave,

make me miss with Spring Waltz couple.

I mean Hyo Joo and Daniel Henney. :) :)

Awwww.. thanks bashful. That article makes me feel like a proud parent, too. I can just imagine the big smile on her parents' faces. And that's one of the things which endears her to me. I cn still remember what she said about being selected to become the goodwill ambassador for G20 summit. She feels honored to have been chosen as an ambassador and it makes her feel like, as a Korean, she will finally do something for her country. :wub: 

I've also read one article ( I lost the link though, sorry.) were the Dong Yi staff describe her to be a source of a cheerful atmosphere during shoots. One can always see her smile all throughout shooting despite the long and hectic hours.

Here's a link to some pictures during PD LBH's birthday.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=905587733

And I think these are new versions of the  CF for NX100.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=905899524

Guest orangemonkie

thanks for sharing such a great news, bashful!! :w00t: she's not only a talented actress, but also a good role model for the young ones!

hehehe!! theresia_warner, i missed the HHJ and Daniel Henney pairing too! :sweatingbullets:

Ooh yes kozuesan! the news reported that even though the 9 consecutive months of filming was tough and tiring, not only did she not utter a single complain, she even wore a smile for everyone. it also mentioned that there are some similarities between Dong Yi and HHJ as well! (hehe, previously was Eunsung, now Dong yi? ^^)

Orangemonkie,

Yes, that's the article I was talking about. ^_^  And I found the article but it's written in korean. 

http://biz.heraldm.com/common/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20101005000049

I miss Dong Yi's smile and laughter. She hardly smiles nowadays.    :(

Speaking of Dong Yi, here's a picture of Hyo Joo with some fans. I think I got this from baidu.

70322427.jpg