Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Here are some more pictures from the CF shoot..

nx10.jpg

nx102.jpg

and here's a video of that event regarding G20 summit where she was chosen as one of the ambassadors

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=hantangee&no=98329&page=6&bbs=

^

Omgah she looks so gorgeous! 8D But I can see her collar bone in the 2nd picture :( I wish she'd gain more weight.

Her hair looks so silky and smooth! Take note hair shampoo/conditioner companies! :lol:

Yup, by the later 2nd half of this year, her hair will probably reach just above her armpits! :D

And you shouldn't be scared to look at the current poll results! Hyo Joo's leading by a lot! haha She's leading by almost 2,500 votes ^^ I think the clearing your cookies/cache and revoting method isn't working anymore, so it's really benefitting Hyo Joo hahaha

oscarvxd: I haven't seen her with really long hair so I don't mind if it makes her look a bit older :P She's always looked a bit more mature for her age anyways, haha. I love her with long hair! I think the last time she's had long hair was when she filmed Iljimae and left for the US to film the Korean Air CFs and that was like 2 years ago x_x

And at least you're at the halfway mark of Dong Yi! I'm still stuck at episode 14 LOL T_T I'm a bad fan haha

beeboo86: I so agree with you on the curly/wavy hair! I love that look on her! I loved her hair when she was in Spring Waltz.. long and wavy. It really made me want to go get a digital perm so my hair would look like that haha. I'm not a big fan of the straight, black hair either... I know it made Jeon Ji Hyun famous though lol. I think a sprinkle of red matches any type of outfit to be honest. Like a red handbag, red shoes, or in this case, her red coat ^^ It seriously adds a splash of color to any outfit if you ask me! :D

Guest SmILe8)

She's so beautiful and natural.

She totally deserves working on that movie with JaeJoong.

But I wonder...

why isn't Heaven's Postman out yet?

Has anyone watched it?

^

LOL I love your one-liners XD

And are you talking about this:

http://www.soompi.co..._edward1849.png  ?

People will think you're a girl because of that cartoon that's supposed to be Hyo Joo :lol: It's so cute though! XD What are they thanking you for? :o

Yep that's the one.  Well my name implied that I am not a girl.  They know I like her so they also draw her into the cartoon.  They are thanking me for the works I put in on the weekly music charts and related music articles. :P

Hyo Joo looks very pretty in the new Samsung CF. :wub:  Finally her hair grows back to where it is 2 years ago. :o

more pictures from the samsung NX100 CF shoot

samsungcf.jpg

samsungcf2.jpg

samsungcf3.jpg

:wub:

Hi SmILe) , welcome! :D . JaeJoo :wub: Heaven's Postman was already released as a movie in Korea and Japan theaters. But regarding the schedule for TV release, I'm not sure about this. I don't know if its the dvd release but in some korean sites there's this  buzz about  something Heaven's Postman related that's gonna be released this august. Let's just wait for someday to confirm this though. Sorry, if I'm not much of a help.  :sweatingbullets:  I do hope they're gonna promote it together. I miss seeing them together specially when they do promotions. :lol:

Guest currysushi33

Hi guys!!...havnt been here for a while nd ive finally caught up on the pages ..phew...spent 5hours straight on this thread yesterday ...loved reading the comments...nd yay new HHj fans :)

been busy watching dong yi...omgah how good is it??? XD..never thought i would be more excited to watch a saeguk than the modern set dramas

the fruit basket cast ..laughed at how perfect the roles were..jaejoong vs so ji sub ^^

she looks so pretty in thoes picture...i like that hair length too....but she pretty much rocks every style she wears so... like the pic where shes looking into space kinda lost in her thoughts...she looks beautiful...if u dnt knw which one im talking about its the on where the guy sticks his head into the picture hahaha...

nd @edward..when i saw the soompi background..im like that looks a lot like HHj .... nd then i saw the otherside with the thanku edward banner....nd i was like yup thats HHj lol....

nd everyone please vote for our gorgeous girl... you can vote one the korean, english and japanese site...so u can vote 3 times a day XD....if she wins its gonna be a hwangsung reunion XD

currysushi: Ah! Haven't seen you in a while! :lol: How have you been girl?! :] OMG you spent 5 hours catching up?! LOL How many pages did you go through? XD

Oooh, another Dong Yi watcher.. Hmms, I really should catch up now. All of you guys seem to be really enjoying it right now, despite it being a sageuk with so many episodes!

I thought the same thing regarding the Fruits Basket dream cast :lol: So Ji Sub vs. Jaejoong keke.. Though I believe Tohru Honda ends up with Kyo Sohma lol. Oh wells, Jaejoong had his chance during Heaven's Postman :P

I can't believe it's been 2 years since she's had long hair! O_O 2 years flew by so quick! I remember everyone freaking out when she cut her hair short for Heaven's Postman, by request of the PD lol. I felt like the world was ending! D8

& yes, everyone please continue voting for Hyo Joo! She needs our support! ^^ :D

kozuesan : Awesome! Thanks for sharing more pictures from the shooting of the CF! :D The weather looks kind of bad for a CF, doesn't it? :\

I hope she isn't too tired from filming Dong Yi, shooting CFs and photoshoots, going to public events like the G-20 and the 2010 Census >< She's going to be busy for a while.. x_x I really hope she takes good care of herself! Or else her Korean fans will have to send her presents like red ginseng XD

And you're right about Heaven's Postman supposedly airing in August. I think it's airing in August in Japan and September in South Korea. Hopefully this is true and that it doesn't coincide with Dong Yi's airing time! Wouldn't want them battling for the ratings :lol:

edward: You could still be a girl even if you have a guy's name in your screenname! It's highly possible! LOL D:

Ahh, that makes sense. You do contribute a lot to Soompi! Being a moderator of the Music threads, and posting music rankings every week! I hope you're getting paid! :P

I'm so excited to see that her hair is getting so long! 8D I can hardly believe it's been 2 years since she's had long hair! Extensions don't count -.- haha

SmILe8): Hello! Welcome to the thread! :D

Like kozuesan said, Heaven's Postman has only had a theatrical release so far. It's played in Korean and Japanese movie theaters already, so there are a couple of low quality fancams of the movie, that's already English translated. You can find the videos on Youtube! :)

I've watched it already and it's quite good. You'll be pleasantly surprised with Jaejoong's acting and his chemistry with Hyo Joo is very natural and they make a great onscreen couple! :)

Guest beeboo86

oscarxvd: yeah I've always liked simplicity but, I just felt that long straight hair doesn't really suit her. Let's just say, I'm addicted to Dong Yi, Dong Yi, Dong Yi, Dong Yi, and HHJ, HHJ, HHJ, HHJ, and HHJ. I just need a dose of DY + HHJ action or else, I might die off just like that.

kozuesan: Thank you. Yeah, she did a great job in episode 38. LOL I'm hooked too, the casts just managed to create a chemistry that got into my body and I'm addicted, hate it when they do that, when the drama ends, I'll be left wandering around empty, just like BL. T_T

bashful_harmony: hahahahha yea I like curly/wavy hair style but, I've always been a fan of originality, I mean other than styles, the hair colour, I've never supported dying the hair, I like natural hair colour. Well yea, that's why I like the red coat but I didn't really like the brown skirt/pants I'm not sure, assuming it's a skirt.

Guest oscarvxd

Hi currysushi33, I saw you when I was browsing through the previous posts. It has been quite some time. Oh and thanks for the tip about voting. I did not know that we can vote 3 times. Oh and HwanSung reunion :wub:

She does look beautiful in the pictures. She is just so perfect in the very sense of the word. It is funny how the guy is sticking his head into the picture lol :D

beeboo86: LOL, that is exactly how I felt after BL. Well that was before I decided to re-watch it anyways.

I really hope she takes good care of herself. It would be sad to see her sick.

I haven't even seen Heaven's Postman yet. Really hope to see it when it is released.

Han Hyo Joo is now 2588 votes ahead. Yea, Han Hyo Joo and Han Hyo Joo fans. Fighting!

Hyo Joo was voted #1 for a survey held by OnStar that ran from July 1st to July 30th with over 650 participants who are corporate marketing officials. The survey was to see which female Korean star is the most effective in advertising (improvement of sales and brand awareness), aka the "wangpan(nyeo)" effect. Hyo Joo earned 44.7% (292 voters), Shin Min Ah earned 22.2% (145 voters), Han Ye Seul with 15.6% (102 voters), and Kim Ah Joong with 14.8% (97 voters.)

OnStar's CEO, Park Sung Min, explained that Hyo Joo's "insangnyeo"(good impression) effect appeals to companies. And because of Dong Yi's success, the "wangpan" effect is expected to continue.

http://news.nate.com/view/20100801n02352

- - - - -

This is the supposed camera that Hyo Joo's shooting a CF for. Also, the CF is expected to be released on September 14th! So far away T_T

168f74dde70539524854037b.jpg

I don't think it's that camera because Lumix is with Panasonic... Not Samsung o_O

Guest beeboo86

Just watched the G20 video, did she run late or something, she looks cute when she ran in lol. Gosh she has such skinny legs T_T

bashful_harmony: gahahhaa it's nice to know that she's leading by so much, she took almost half of all the votes!

oscarxvd: lol I think it'd be a little bit hard to rewatch Dong Yi T_T

^^^ yay for the result. But she really does have that effect on me, too. It's like I smile everytime I see her smile. :lol: . And that makes me feel good. And I also think that's not the camera she is shooting for. I think it is the additional lenses for NX10 and they call it NX100. But then again, I 'm not too sure about this. And regarding fruits basket, I think the manga has a different ending with that of the cartoon. One of them ends with Kyo and Tohru ending up together while the other one has like an open ending? So if that live action happens, we'll never know who she'd end up with. Maybe Hyo Joo will be torn between the two  So Ji Sub vs JaeJoong.:lol:

beeboo86 and oscarvxd, that was also how I felt after watching BL. I felt lost afterwards. Even when I was watching other kdramas, my mind wanders back to BL. Goodness, I even had to STOP watching kdramas for like 3 months because I can't get BL out of my mind! I thought I was going crazy. Thank goodness I finally got back on track! I can't survive without kdramas in general. :lol: They're like....my life! ( lolz, haha, drama queen! :lol: )The last time that happened to me was when I watched Jewel in the Palace, like I thought it was sooo good that my mind keeps drifting back to it.

Shainnaja, thanks for the advice. ^_^

Guest beeboo86

the oil painting of hers is goooood.

kozuesan: lol at least you were watching something else after BL, I wasn't. I was like a fat kid eating his favourite ice cream, and all of a sudden someone smack it to the ground, the ice cream man had left, NO MORE ICE CREAM !!!! That's how I felt LOL. I didn't really finish watching Dae Jang Geum, cause it's got a lot of dark elements in it, lots of conflicts lots of death compared to DY, I couldn't take it. My mom and sis watched it though, they watched it like thrice? lol

Yay she finally changed to the hanbok she wore in the poster.

Guest oscarvxd

Well since BL was like one of my first K-dramas, I was reluctant to leave the memories behind and especially Han Hyo Joo and HwanSung. I got over it when I found this thread lol :D

Lol beeboo86, nice analogy. I watched Dae Jang Geum and indeed it is slightly darker and most of the cast in the opening either died or exiled from the palace. I have learned not to get to attached to one drama, but I will most likely watch Dong Yi again with my mom. Haha, I think she went late during the G20 Seoul Summit. She sticks out her tongue :lol:

Han Hyo Joo left some a good impression on me in Iljimae. Her nickname 'insangnyeo' is totally fitting.

Yea, she is finally wearing the pink Dang'ui(robes). I was waiting ever since the posters of Dong Yi got out.

the baby is really, really cute. Agghhh!! Imagine the paaiiinn Dong Yi has to go through once that baby goes to heaven. tears.gif  I think I'm gonna need lots of tissues for that episode. tears.gif I hope baby Yeongjo comes sooner so Mama Dong YI won't be in pain for soo long. tears.gif I can't bear to watch her cry so much.

Guest currysushi33

Hey Bashful !!!...yup its been a while...had exams and then holidays...ive been just watching dong yi...i was behind for a while...so i avoided this thread so i wont see any spoilers..but ive caught up now...nd im gonna try contribute too, now..although i suck at searching stuff ill try ^^

thanks for the uploads bashful...love the anime dong yi.....but i have to say the anime jang hee is too cute for such an evil man lol

Oscarvxd: Hiiii i havnt watched heavens postman either ...but apparently the DVD's coming out and its gonna air in KBS in september (fingers crossed)...so we wont have to wait too long....were u like me? waiting for HD quality ^^

Insangyeo...is that translated as good impression???...wow fits her perfectly...she makes everyone happy with her beautiful smile...so the cast and crew feel better when ever they are on set...which ultimatley leads to greater quality performance from anyone which then = REALLY HIGH RATINGS :).....see it all makes sense now lol

the baby is gorgeous XD....the only thing i dont like about saeguk's is the fact that the king has so many wives...i knw without that we wont have such juicy drama...but i cant help but pit the situation against a modern context, which i knw isnt fair ...but still...

the baby is gorgeous XD....the only thing i dont like about saeguk's is the fact that the king has so many wives...i knw without that we wont have such juicy drama...but  i cant help but pit the situation against a modern context, which i knw isnt fair ...but still...

I'm just glad that we don't live like that these days. Imagine drinking coffee with your husbands' other wife :lol:.

Anyways,  someone in Dong Yi thread said try not to watch saeguk dramas on a 21st century lenses, and I agree. What makes saeguk dramas interesting for me is that they have a different culture way back then.  King has a queen and several consorts for political and personal reasons. I develop in my mind this kind of situation whenever I watch saeguk, that  the queen is more of a political partner rather than a wife, because most of them were made as queens not for personal but for political reasons. It just so happens that the king has to marry his partner and vice versa because they both have a duty to also provide the nation with an heir to the crown. 

Guest currysushi33

What makes saeguk dramas interesting for me is that they have a different culture way back then.  King has a queen and several consorts for political and personal reasons. I develop in my mind this kind of situation whenever I watch saeguk, that  the queen is more of a political partner rather than a wife, because most of them were made as queens not for personal but for political reasons. It just so happens that the king has to marry his partner and vice versa because they both have a duty to also provide the nation with an heir to the crown. 

hmm thats true and the deposed queen, she does seem to fit the role of political partner whilst dong yi is the personal relationship..or wife...this is the first proper saeguk i've watched...all the other's were fusion styles so at some scenes i couldnt help step back and look at in today's context

thanks kozuesan, seeing it this way makes me feel somewhat better about the king , and understand the deposed queen a little better