Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Han Hyo-joo named PR ambassador for G20 summit

Korean actress Han Hyo-joo, along with figure skater Kim Yuna and soccer player Park Ji-sung, has been named publicity ambassador for the upcoming G20 summit, to be held in Seoul on November 11 and 12.

The G20 organizing committee announced through a press release on Wednesday that they are appointing Han, Kim and Park as PR ambassadors to promote the event to the public for the next four months.

"Since the G-20 Seoul summit is an international event through which Korea will become the center of the world, we commissioned Han Hyo-joo, who is recently receiving spotlight as the newest Hallyu star, along with the two top athletes as publicity ambassadors."

The actress shared her feelings about the news, saying "As a proud citizen of the Republic of Korea, I want to be of help, even if it's not much, in letting the public know the importance of the Seoul G-20 summit and bring out their participation and support."

The G20 committee plans to promote the trio's various activities as PR ambassadors on its official website (www.seoulsummit.kr). The appointment ceremony will be held on July 28.

Han, 23, became a household name after starring in the hit TV series "Shining Inheritance" (SBS, 2009), which scored viewership ratings of around 46 percent during its run. She is currently starring in hit MBC TV series "Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown" as the title character.

Kim, 19, is the most celebrated figure skater to come out Korea who has won numerous championships and claimed the gold medal in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics earlier this year.

Park, 29, is regarded one of the most talented soccer players who led the country to its first "Round of 16" stage in the World Cup last month. He plays for the English football club Manchester United.

Reporter : Ko Jae-wan star@

Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

source: http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010072115253226585

Now that I think about it... It's pretty freaking awesome that they picked Hyo Joo out of ALL the possible Korean celebrities!

Guest primeo

Talking about crying, I remembered she also cried almost 90% of her scenes in Shining Inheritance episode 12 (after she lost her brother the 2nd time n knowing her stepmom got something to do with it). Whenever I see her cry, I would say, "oh no, that hurts". Her tears can really flow out so easily. It really hurts seeing her cried like this.

Episode 35 must have been emotionally exhausting to shoot for Hyo Joo. She was like crying in 80% of her scenes. :tears: .

I love her in those scenes. in this episode she cried for so many different reasons.

She cried because of fear as her secret was found out.

She cried because she knew the truth is going to hurt Seo Yong Gi. 

She cried because she knew she will hurt Sukjong with the truth.

She cried because she just didn't know what to do next.

She cried because of the trust certain people give to her even when they are confronted with the truth.

And lastly, she cried because in a way, she knew that she is on her way to cleansing her father and brother's name. Even without the subs, that was how I perceived her emotions to be in those scenes. :tears:

source: http://10.asiae.co.k...072115253226585

Now that I think about it... It's pretty freaking awesome that they picked Hyo Joo out of ALL the possible Korean celebrities!

I feel like a proud mom (and I'm not YET a mom) whenever Hyo Joo is described as Hallyu star :lol:. haha lolz. And I'm so happy that they chose her  as PR ambassador. Hope somebody will upload pictures of her during the July 28 event.  

And speaking of Hyo Joo... looks like Hwang Joo Shil and Yeong Dal missed her soooo much. haha. Poor Hyo Joo. It looks like she's asking for help, haha. :lol:

http://tieba.baidu.c...501383269610bd9

Fujiwara, I think that one's supposed to be Jang Heebin during her coronation as Queen. Lolz. The costume just doesn't fit Dong Yi in my opinion. I like what she's wearing nowadays.

Primeo, I remember that scene. That was when she locked herself in her room because she didn't want anybody to know she's crying. tears.gif . Most of the time, I'm really happy when she's smiling and I really feel like crying whenever she cries. tears.gif

Guest oscarvxd

It is heart wrenching to see a girl cry. Everytime I see Han Hyo Joo cry in any drama, it is always emotionally draining. It is always painful and hurting to see her like this haha :sweatingbullets:

I totally prefer her to be smiling and all cheerful. More people needs to see her angelic smile. :D

Anyways here are the screencaps from episode 36.

_36_2mwmv_002392490_mbcdong2.jpg

_36_2mwmv_002213945_mbcdong2.jpg

_36_2mwmv_001123188_mbcdong2.jpg

_36_2mwmv_000157557_mbcdong2.jpg

_36_2mwmv_000035535_mbcdong2.jpg

_34_2mwmv_002091222_mbcdong2.jpg

credits: blog.naver.com

Guest oscarvxd

I wonder if I am ever gonna see her in this hanbok in the drama. It is during the early days of Dong Yi when they were getting into their characters. Her current hanbok is fine but I was really looking forward to see her in this one ever since I started with Dong Yi. :D

dongyi1.jpg

I love the new Jambangee photo! :w00t:

Hyo Joo with long hair again! And her HEIGHT is so amazing <3 172cm matched with those heels and she's still not as tall as Seulong XD I love that she's always posing with him but it'd be nice to see her doing those model poses with the others XD But Hyo Joo with Seulong really gives off a model appearance!

I can't wait to see more! :D :D

Anyways... I thought this was pretty interesting!

[news] Which Korean Celebrities Give Off a Japanese Appearance?

Japanese fans recently came up with a top four list on their community site, “2ch” of Korean celebrities that give off the Japanese vibe or appearance. Find out who they are below.

#4 Han Hyo Joo

The actress has been recognized in Japan for her role in drama “Brilliant Legacy.” She is constantly compared with actresses Fukada Kyoko and Ueto Aya.

#3 Kara's Goo Hara

#2 Kara’s Kang Ji Young

#1 DBSG’s Jaejoong

source: http://tvxqsland.blogspot.com/2010/07/v-transnews-which-korean-celebrities.html

Guest oscarvxd

Wow, I like her current Jambangee pictures as opposed to the previous Jambangee pictures. In this picture, she looks beautiful with her current hairstyle and her clothing fit her nicely. Her previous pictures of Jambangee has really thick make up.

^

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of last season's theme for Jambangee... Both Hyo Joo and the 2AM boys had way too much eye makeup on o_o Especially the guys! I'm sure they had on more makeup than Hyo Joo :lol:

Too bad the long hair in the photo are extensions XD Lol I can't wait to see her with her natural long hair after Dong Yi ends! Which... will take a while seeing as it was extended by 14 episodes o_o haha

theresia_warner: I'm hoping that we'll see her in a new hanbok too! The thing I really loved about Iljimae was that Hyo Joo almost always had a new hanbok to wear in every episode! haha

fujiwara no sai: I noticed that Hyo Joo was the only actress there too! :D That's pretty cool itself eh? XD

I'm always seeing Koreans comparing her to Fukada Kyoko on their blogs, and personally, I see the resemblance as well. But I think Hyo Joo is a lot more beautiful :P I prefer Hyo Joo's naturalness to Fukada's cuteness :) Plus, Hyo Joo has the more ideal facial features :D

> [NEWS] 100722 2AM & Han Hyojoo for Jambangee 2010 F/W

Han Hyojoo & 2AM expresses their honest charisma

The heroine of MBC's 'Dongi' has shot the 2010 F/W Jambangee photoshoot with the bluechip of the variety industry, 2AM.

The concept of this photoshoot is 'plain honesty (True it self),' a joint project by photographer Hong Loo and stylist Nam Juhee with other top staffs of Korea.

The members remained with a smile on their face throughout the entire shoot as they expressed their individual charismas through a variety of poses.

The 2010 F/W clothes has their characteristic iconic brand style with an overall mild style, allowing the identity of Jambangee to show through. They have been receiving compliments stating that Jambangee used the distinct style of jeans in a practical manner.

source: CREDITS : KOREA (SOURCE); hazyfiasco@2ONEDAY.COM (TRANS)

2AM and Han Hyo Joo reveal new Jambangee ad

2AM and Han Hyo Joo teamed up awhile ago for Jambangee jeans and a brand new ad is in store.

This denim brand shot their 2010 Fall/Winter ads and they’re already previewing it even though it’s a hot summer.

Their legs looked pretty long in the jeans, which is always a good thing. The whole line of ads will be revealed in August.

Don’t they look good?

source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/07/2am-and-han-hyo-joo-reveal-new-jambangee-ad#comments

Jambangee....:o.... I can't stop looking at her legs...I so wish I have long legs like hers!...and the shoes! my oh my... I kinda think she looks good with Seulong blush.gif. ...can't wait to see more of this.

Anyways, Dong Yi ends in late October, then there's the mint festival at the end of October and then G20 summit in early November. I wonder what country she and the Dong Yi cast will go to promote Dong YI? And I think the breathe CF will come out also in August. blush.gif

Kyoko Fukada is my favorite too..............at least before I saw Hyo Joo...hehe

I like her when she played in "Friends" with Won Bin....... :D

LG SU:M 37...

54955816201007231618053.jpg

I wonder when this latest CF will be aired?

btw I'm happy they extend Dong Yi.......and I hope the ratings getting higher every week.