Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

It's so quiet in here now, huhu.

Anyways... welcome iceangela!

I just am so in love with your signature, heh. JaeJoo! <3 I really wish they'd hook up again for a photoshoot, press conference, movie/drama, ANYTHING! It's such a shame that a couple that look so great together and have so much chemistry are only together for one project *cries.

I wish they'd go out LOL. Even though I know Hyo Joo will have a lot of antis, but still... >.> I'm a bad fan haha.

Anyways, I see you go on Baidu! Do you read Chinese then? :o

I go on Baidu too, but I can't read Chinese and I am Chinese T_T

So much failll. lol

Thanks for posting up the new Dong Yi promo pictures! She looks great! I love how she looks in the pink hanbok :) It's so regal, and the aura's just right :) I don't like the purple/blue hanbok... It's ugly >< But she looks super cute in the green one, haha.

Guest sonnet85

^ waaahh.. HHJ is sooooooooooo prettyin that pics. she's the prettiest actress they could get for sageuk. really, i fell in love with her at the first sight of Eun Chae in Iljimae. since that, i've always admire her beauty. ^^

So, remember when we suspected that Hyo Joo seemed to have grown a bit taller? It was when she had the SBS Walking Marathon for charity and she stood next to SNSD's SooYoung who's also 170cm.

Well... Hyo Joo has grown 2 centimeters! haha She is now 172cm! :D I don't know whether to be happy or sad. She was already super tall before and almost reached her male costars' heights >.> But 2cm is no biggie.. ^^ haha. Now she's like 5'8" :o *goes to update her profile.

Guest iceangela

hello bashful! :) haha, I wish they're going out too. They're just so perfect. :P Both are my fav korean celebs!!! xD I wonder why jaejoong's fans, I mean not all, but quite alot of them uh, will hate hyojoo... just bcos she 'snatch' 'their' jaejoong from them? lol. Look, she's so adorable, how could they hate her. haha. Anyways, I got to know hyojoo through her collaboration with jaejoong in heaven's postman~ & fell in love with her in brilliant legacy! omg, her acting skills is so so professional! I'm so impressed by her! :D

oh btw, yeah, I do read chinese, and am a chinese too. :) but I wish I could read korean too. haha.

tmr is her bday!!! :D

Guest franky_no1

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HAN HYO JOO !

I hope all your birthday dreams and wishes come true.

Wishing you great successful with drama Dong Yi

Love you so much !

Guest allanpuge23

Happy 23rd Birthday Han "Katie" Hyo Joo

I Hope you a successful and healthy 2010

and best of luck in your new drama...

i'm very excited to see it...

It's still the 21st here in California, but I'll join in and wish Hyo Joo a happy birthday! :D :D

I hope 2010 will be an even better year for our girl! Brilliant Legacy really skyrocketed Hyo Joo's success and popularity, so I hope Dong Yi will do an even better job! :D

Speaking of Dong Yi...

Han Hyo-joo looks forward to Dong Yi

With the airdate approaching for the historical drama Dong Yi, lead actress Han Hyo-joo has spoken about her feelings playing the lead in such a large production. Her character starts out a water maid in the palace, is selected as concubine, becomes the queen’s faithful confidant, and gives birth to a future king. Han has had leading roles before, but inasmuch as she is portraying the title role and a real historical figure, the pressure is on.

How does it feel playing the title role of a historical blockbuster?

“I feel a tremendous amount of pressure. It’s a large production and I’m playing the person the drama is named after, so I really feel that I have to do well. Everyone else says the same thing, and if I get too ambitious I feel angry so I’m trying to work quietly and do my best.”

When you were offered the role and decided to do it, how did you feel?

“At first, I hesitated a bit. I knew that the challenge of acting in the sageuk genre wouldn’t be easy, and given that the role has me acting from my teens through fifties, I wasn’t sure I could do it. But that soon changed into ambition and I thought that I’d better not let go of this opportunity to act with such range. Also, it’s such an honor to act the title role in a drama. This kind of chance isn’t common in an actor’s life, so I decided to take on the challenge.”

What kind of person do you think Dong-yi (Lady Choi) is?

“She feels the pain of losing her family when she was young, but she lives on with a bright spirit. She overcomes adversity to stand again so she’s tough and clever, and as the mother of King Yeongjo, she has a brightness that allows her to move past her own social class. Dong-yi is a righteous person who is strong against the strong, and gentle against the weak.”

Director Lee Byung-hoon expressed strong faith in you, saying, “Han Hyo-joo has a diverse image and wide acting range, so I’m sure she will lead Dong Yi to success. She’ll show a side to her in this drama that she hasn’t been able to show yet.” How do you get along with the producers?

“I’m so thankful to him for saying that. Actually, I’m still lacking in many areas, and I feel that. Because of that, I want to throw myself into working hard, and if I fall down I’ll get back up and do my best. In the beginning, I really want to start from Dong-yi’s position. Also, there’s just one thing the producers ask of me: to smile.”

Are you looking forward to the performance of your co-star Ji Jin-hee as Suk-jong?

“Everyone says that he’s a really great person, that he makes everyone around him feel comfortable, so I think he’ll be a huge support while filming. I hope that filming with the other actors can always be enjoyable.”

I’ve heard that your haegeum (stringed instrument) performance skills are top-notch. Aside from that, what kind of preparations did you take before starting the drama?

“I’m not top-notch, and I’ve only learned the basics. When the theme song is written, I’ll have to practice playing it. I took acting classes with the director for about two months, and I really learned a lot. It allowed me to get a handle on some of the more technical aspects of acting, such as how to get into the emotions quickly, keep in step with others, vocalize, and so on. I’m thankful to the director for that.”

Many of your dramas have been successful, such as As Much as Land and Sky, Iljimae, and Brilliant Legacy. How do you feel about Dong Yi?

“To be honest, I hope it can be a drama that many people will love. That’s how hard I’m working. 2010, please give Dong Yi lots of love.”

What would you like to viewers who will be watching?

“Everyone, happy new year. Please be healthy and happy. I’ll work hard on my acting and see you in a good drama. Please give Dong Yi your love. Thank you.”

source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/02/han-hyo-...ard-to-dong-yi/

I love her, omgah. So modest, haha. :P

I don't know. For some reason, after I read the above interview, I really really really wanted to watch Dong Yi o_o

Wishing her a happy birthday!

Guest currysushi33

Happy Birthday!!!!! Han Hyo Joo

Hope u hav a wonderful and successful year this year too and u keep smiling ur beautiful smile

all the best for Dong Yi!!!

Awesome wall paper iceangela and loved the video ilovechaeyeon thanks for uploading!!

Guest heartnet_XIII

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAN HYO JOO-NOONA! XD

tsk.. ur already 23..im still 16.. :(

but age doesn't matter ryt? i don't care about age difference! hahaha! <damn.. im delusional :lol: >

anyways.. everyone in this thread loves you as much a i do.. please continue working hard :lol:

we always be here to support you all the way!!

Godbless! iloveyou so much han hyo joo! ;)

Guest Sayuri JaeJoong

Hi for everyone here !!!

Gomen to desappear my life is very busy always :(

But I never forget the HanHyoJoo♥´s birthday !!!

Hi for my so cute friend here

Bashfull ♥ how are U my angel ???

And I keep to read this thread but now

As a silent reader

Coz my time is very reduced now :(

But it´s Han Hyo Joo♥´s Birthday !!!

Tell me she´s filming a movie now ne?

I LOVED to see with black long hairs again !!!

She´s beautiful always ne Bashfull♥ ?

I´m just posting some old pics to celebrate

Han Hyo Joo♥´s birthday !!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAN HYO JOO !!!

2irorx5.jpg

301k0fr.jpg

t98enr.jpg

rlc4r5.jpg

Credits:popcornhanhyojoo.

I don't know. For some reason, after I read the above interview, I really really really wanted to watch Dong Yi o_o

Wishing her a happy birthday!

Pssh:i really agree wid with u...

she's preparing really well for Dongyi ne?

no wonder we were all excited for that show.. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAN HYO JOO!!!

wish u all d best this year...

lots of love and Godbless :)

Guest iceangela

hello everyone! yepp, she is really modest uh. & after reading the interview, it really makes me really wanna watch dongyi too! cos I don't really like historical drama anyways, but I'll watch it, and I'm sure we all can feel the hard work and love hyojoo has given to this drama. & we'll definitely love dongyi! :D hyojoo hwaiting, dongyi hwaiting! oh yeah, and thanks for sharing the interview, bashful. :)

hello currysushi! nice to meet ya! :)

btw, are these shared? o.o

53266085201002191631272518253282351.gif

532660852010022016042702_640.gif

^ I think this is pretty cute, idk why. haha.

53266085201002201746107688206566344.gif

53266085201002201746107688206566-1.gif

53266085201002201746107688206566-2.gif

^ love her smile <3

5326608520100220181521044_640.gif

5326608520100220184018013_640.gif

^cute, cute, cute!!!

cr baidu.

aww, I miss her so much in brilliant legacy...

iceangela: your graphics are super cute! D: lol Sorry if this is a bit rude but I was wondering if you could make graphics for the first post? Those ones are like 2 years old now so I was thinking it'd be nice to fix up the first post! :D If you can't, it's fine :) haha

& omgah! Chinese fan from Singapore! ^^ One of the Hyo Joo fans here is from Singapore too, but she hasn't visited in a while *glares. haha jk :P

Anyways, those are some really cute .gifs from BL! 8D I saw them earlier when I went on Baidu, but I was too lazy to upload lol >.> *coughs. That haircut of her's was so damn ugly, but gosh did she look super cute with it >< I miss BL now D: I want to rewatch it now!

And I like the .gif of her eating too! It's just the whole thing about it is funnily cute! haha From the way she chews to the way she and Bae Soo Bin stare at each other, and the chef guy just staring at her with this lovestruck awed expression! haha And how they all eventually look at him XD Okay enough spazzing... haha

I'm so glad that Hyo Joo was in BL and HP! Those two projects really garnered in a lot of new fans ^^ And some.. anti fans but whatever, their loss. lol I still hope that JaeJoo date or at least I hope that they're still friends D: I got excited when I read that Hyo Joo would be in Sydney, Australia because I knew that JJ was there at the same time... Coincidence, eh? xP & I think it's unanimous that we all love her 1000 watt smile XD I hope she'll star in a romantic-comedy sometime soon~ But after taking a break once Dong Yi ends of course! She needs to rejuvenate :o

Also, I'm glad that her interview has piqued interest in some of you :D One more month until Dong Yi begins airing!

Guest currysushi33

Hiiiiii iceangela omg i love thoes gifs!! esp the one with BSB...i did a double take when i saw it, ive forgotten how damn fine Soo Bin is hehehe :) .....but i dont remeber such a scene..is it just a random behind the scene or a cut from an actual scene????......(must resist temptation to rewatch BL) lol

i know ive said this a million timeson this thread but i really x3 wish jaejoong and hyo joo become closer than just friends...but then again i wouldnt mind HHJ with BSB...she does like older guys with So ji Sub and all