Episodes: 40

Broadcast Date: 11/18/2019 - 12/16/2019

Cast:

Chen Bo Lin

Crystal Zhang

Wu Hao Chen

Luo Yu Tong

Synopsis:

A story about young people hoping to pioneer architectural improvements that will benefit the generations to come. A stone-faced genius meets his opposite and they clash from the start. Hate turns to love between these two people who first meet at the animal research society.

Li Na Nen is a young woman from a small town who has always been passionate about Chinese culture and traditional architecture. After graduating, she heads to Bordeaux University to pursue her studies in the field. She somehow ends up joining the animal research society where she meets Zhou Er Wen. He is a young man who advocates ecological preservation. Given his interest in modern architecture, he is devoted to finding synergies in both. Li Na Nen and Zhou Er Wen start out at odds with each other and Gao Mu finds himself to be the constant mediator. Their experiences bring them together as they strive to bring to fruition a project referred to as the hanging garden.

(Source: Chineesedrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Episodes:

Additional Links:

Crocodile and Plover Bird 鳄鱼与牙签鸟 Raw Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Crocodile and Plover Bird 鳄鱼与牙签鸟
  • 3 months later...

Can't believe no one talked about this drama! I'm half-way through and really liking it so far. The France Arc in the beginning focusing on youth and friendship is my favorite. Right now it's kind of in between France/Shanghai transition of regathering all of the members of animal society back together. Been a fan of Chen Bolin since In Time with you and Crystal Zhang from Go Princess Go. Really liking the dynamic of how their relationship unfolds.

Edit:

Finished. The last 10 episodes were hard to watch despite the happy ending... I really wanted to like the Shanghai Arc, but I can't. I'm not as impressed as the France Arc that happened the first 20-ish episodes. I'm impressed by the cast learning/speaking French. The campus and the set in France is beautiful. I like the angles and some of the filming techniques. I'll probably only recommend if you really like the leads because in terms of Chen Bolin's character I'm liking his take on portraying it. 

Archived