Want to reconnect with a fellow Soompier (Bimil/Josephine)

closetserialaddict

Hi, 

I am a returning soompier. I was pretty crazy about k-drama and movies from 2005 to 2008, but somehow because of work and personal issues, i stopped watching. I made a friend here who is based in Singapore like me, and we connected very well over korean shows. Her user name had bil min in it because she loved the show Secret (bil mil 2000) with Kim Min Joong in it. She also loved Cho Jo-hyun in Piano (2001) starring Kim Ha Neul. I regret losing touch with her and really want to reconnect. Unfortunately, i was so bogged down with personal issues then that i changed my email and phone number (and also lost my contacts) that i have no way of finding our past correspondence, and her contact details again.

If someone here knows who i am talking about, or knows how i can find a member with some search words on their user name, or even know about a Singaporean "club" within soompi, please give me some pointers.

Josephine, if you are reading this, please drop me a note. I missed our lunch dates at Gangnaroo, Boat Quay.   

Thanks! 

There are none as of now, but of cause there are anonymous Singaporeans using soompi, it's just depends on if they want to say it out or not. Mix around with other threads Like the Add thread there you can talk to people maybe you can find some good friends to talk about everything that is related to dramas and or other else.

If you could remember the account user's name you can just search for it on the search bar.

7 minutes ago, dotonly said:

bimil17, bimilguahak, bimilid, bimily.

hi, sorry.. did i do something wrong here.. How do i find the person? I got this instead.

Oh, i am not able to insert the screen shot but what i got is the result of your post.. hehe.

How do i find the member with the username instead?

I think it's bimil 17!

please advise? 

i feel so close to finding her! So excited.. *trembling*

22 minutes ago, closetserialaddict said:

hi, sorry.. did i do something wrong here.. How do i find the person? I got this instead.

Oh, i am not able to insert the screen shot but what i got is the result of your post.. hehe.

How do i find the member with the username instead?

I think it's bimil 17!

please advise? 

i feel so close to finding her! So excited.. *trembling*

Just tag her, @bimil17.

1 minute ago, dotonly said:

Just tag her, @bimil17.

i'll try! Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, dotonly said:

Just tag her, @bimil17.

Sob sob.. i still cannot find.. instead, the results i got are the two posts you wrote with the word "bimil17"

What am i doing wrong? :(

Thanks so much for your help and patience.

8 minutes ago, closetserialaddict said:

i'll try! Thanks! 

Sob sob.. i still cannot find.. instead, the results i got are the two posts you wrote with the word "bimil17"

What am i doing wrong? :(

Thanks so much for your help and patience.

English not good but i'll try explain. On the reply box you type slowly the username @bimil17 then the name will appear around the box or you can scroll down slowly to search for it. It will popped up around there. Once you found it, tap it till @bimil17 turn blue on the reply box. Then you can write anything to her.

@closetserialaddict or you reverse engineer it, do you remember your past account? Maybe you can find her?

so I just tagged & enter bimil17’s account, she or he is not an active user with 0 post. I don’t think it’s the right account.

Oh.. The Bimil i knew was extremely active but this was more than 10 years ago.

Thanks so much @sushilicious @dotonly... maybe i should try the other bimils..

Did Soompi do a revamp or reboot a few years back and all inactive users (for the last few years) were removed? If that happened, i don't think i would be able to find her anymore then.. :(

15 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

@closetserialaddict or you reverse engineer it, do you remember your past account? Maybe you can find her?

so I just tagged & enter bimil17’s account, she or he is not an active user with 0 post. I don’t think it’s the right account.

btw Sushilicious, how do i check on a user's account to find their posts? Or maybe i remembered wrongly/. She could have been just Bimil, with no suffix

I think she may not be active anymore... and her account could have been removed.. :( Or maybe i even remember the Bimil wrongly 

She was super active in the past.. So sad i have lost all hopes of reconnecting.. 

I tried to look for the shows she was super active in like Secret (2000) and Piano (2001) but i couldn't even find these threads anymore. The only they have on Secret is a more recent show. 

SIGH

Hi 

I was quite active in Soompi years ago, between 2005 to 2009.. but not as active as another Singaporean Soompi whom i met here. I  completely stopped watching Korean shows because I got so busy with work and personal issues. I also lost my mobile phone and changed my number so there's no way i could get in touch with this friend.

We used to catch up over lunch at Gangnaroo in Boat Quay and gossiped about serials etc. etc. I kept thinking she has a Bimil in her username but i could have been wrong. She loved the old Bimil show (200)  with Kim Min Joong and also Cho Jae-hyun in Piano  and Snowman (2001).  Her name is Josephine.

The bimils i found only just set up their accounts recently and are not active at all.. so it's possible that she's no longer active and her account has got deleted.. but its also possible that she had actually used a different username BUT i forgot what it is.  I also couldn;t find the old threads on the above shows where she was extremely active. If anyone knows of these threads, kindly share them.. and i will look there! 

If you are Josephine or someone who knows who i am talking about reading this thread, please drop me a note.

I would really love to reconnect with her. It's not everyday you get to meet someone whom you bond so naturally with. :)

Thank you!

Regards,

Mavis  

1 hour ago, dotonly said:

@closetserialaddict i found the secret drama by MBC (2000) only 3 pages. You can check it with drama directory on kdramas and movies page.

I just sent a lady whose username sounds like the real first name of the person i am looking for. FIngers crossed.. BUt even then the last time this person visited was in 2013!

Thanks @dotonly, anyway. You are very helpful. So is @sushilicious

Archived