Oh Ji Ho 오지호

Guest rainz*gurl

Guest luvlilady

Thanks Harleydaz, that great news to start my day.

Hope its Zio who'll fight the alien and not Ha Ji Won. :)

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest harleydaz

I just had a chance to go back some pages that were added while I was away for the holiday weekend.

JCSF

Faint Awards!!!!

sharp fashion goes to Harleydaz - heheheh you have got to be kidding.

What man would not like to have a biker chick from NY send him gifts from the NY Yankees?

BTW Ladies Zio is sporting a new Rolex watch and that was not from me.

Thank you Luvlilady for your kind words. Harleydaz who started and keeping us Zio ladies together

Thank you kitland for the info, gifs & photos and minah for the links and photos.

Mika-J I love the photos of Zio you added to his thread. I hope you will be joining us more often.

Issy, nat nat, keyland, seeme, samzz and inez Thank you for adding so much to Zio's thread.

To my dear friend Oh Ji-ho

I am very pleased you and Ha Ji-won will be working together.

She's a fine actress and in case you have not noticed a very beautiful lady.

This is not a TV production therefore I am looking for some love action between you and Ji-won.

OMG thank you MIKA-J san, those shots (Brokore?) are to die for.

His gaze is like a scalpel that peels away everything the skin conceals! (Sorry, been watching too much Grey’s kekeke).

I got an award? Yippee! That’s so sweet, I'm excited as this is my first virtual award ever :-D

Thank you JCSF and luvlilady!

URGH! I have been so busy, I barely have time to catch up on all your lovely posts.

So catch up I shall today.

I loved seeing Ji-Ho ssi in the T-Max MV, of course. Sigh, seriously, the man’s got dimples so deep you could serve cereal in them. Not to mention the ability to look good in necklaces. A chain around the neck of a guy can sometimes scream cheeseball, but a chain around OJH’s neck? An instant turn-on (Rrrreow!).

And the first time he meets Yun So-I (“How should I know who you are?”), I like how he’s so hot yet so clueless. I was glad Ji-Ho ssi wisely tested and expanded his range to a more serious role in Chuno (sometimes I actually prefer a reserved, unsmiling man, hehe), but imho he will always be one of the some who plays hot-and-clueless really convincingly :-)

And the song is pleasant and catchy…-- good for T-Max :-D

I only have one tiny, teeny, nitpick-of-a-crit: Given how familiar the scenario is (Notting Hill, Roman Holiday), I kinda wished the writer/director had surprised us with a situation that created more…, IDK..., intrigue? Passion? Drama?

Then again, I’m missing the point aren’t I, haha? I know, I know, this is a music video. Not a short film, let alone a TV miniseries about nuanced plot and characters.

It’s just that, gah, at this point (two months sans OJH TV drama) -- anxiety, cold sweat, tearing, craving -- my withdrawal is seriously starting to kick in.

And just when I’m thinking, urgh, hurry up and star in the movie already, Ji-Ho ssi!, kitland comes up with “Sector 7”.

Wow.

A "sci-fi monster movie".

Now that’s pretty unexpected.

According to YTN: “The film will be a showcase for the action prowess of Ha Ji-Won’s character, a sexy yet energetic woman fighter who gets into a battle for survival with the monster. Oh Ji-Ho plays the part of Ha Ji-Won’s boyfriend, an engineer working aboard an oil prospecting ship. In the final stages of the film, (he) becomes entangled in a conspiracy that leads to (his) gruesome death.”

And this other report, by JTN News, says: "If Oh Ji-Ho … is cast, he is expected to appear as the boyfriend of Ha Ji-Won, who in the final moments gets caught up in a conspiracy and meets a horrible death."

The pronouns are implicit in the sentences, but by the looks of it, he could very well be toast.

What the –?!

Did they just give away the plot AND the sorta-ending?

And did I mention his character could die?

Or is this just the media blowing smoke again?

Oh no. I hate mandatory hero’s death.

Epic blockbuster or not, my dashing romantic male lead needs to live on handsomely!

Especially when he is played by OJH -- hopefully sans shirt. (I mean, come on, he is a grimy oil engineer, for goshsakes. And they will be filming right smack in the heart of sweltering Summer, above a sooty oil prospecting ship. If the director doesn’t milk the opportunity and make him strip, then the tragedy for the filmmakers is simply too great to contemplate…)

Premature spoilers notwithstanding, and even if the focus of the film seems to be on the female lead, I am very happy for OJH for landing such a high-profile project :-D

(I mean, Ahn Seong-Gi! "National Best Actor of Korea"!)

If I have one small, little, itsy-bitsy, teeny-weeny concern, it is the genre.

To be explicit, I have always felt that monster films (like disaster flicks) are hit and miss -- more often misses. I know the general movie-going public has an attraction to such movies, but for me personally, a film’s (whether or not it has Godzilla-inspired monsters) real strength will always lie in a solid story line and the sincerity of its human affairs -- and not the unlimited show of budgets and 3D CGIs.

Of course I also know it’s brutally hard to make a good monster-action-disaster movie.

Haeundae (OK, no monsters here -- but you get the picture), helmed by “Sector 7” producer Yun Je-Gyun, for example, was panned for its clichéd elements and lack of dimensions despite devouring the box office.

The effects are expensive-looking and impressive while you're watching them, although whatever awe they inspire doesn't last long: When you've seen one flailing of limbs, you've seen them all.

I can go on and on about how I hope Ji-Ho ssi’s new project won’t turn into just a B-movie showmanship. But at this juncture, I am humbly reminded by minah_00 to have faith in the man :-D

Yes. Perhaps monster movies are never going to be high art (although I have friends who will disagree with that, hehe), but if made right, they can be accessible and fun and still cover some interesting ground.

Mutant hybrid or amphibious creature or supernatural being, I hope the monster in “Sector 7” will have some personality.

I hope the film will contain equal parts horror, drama and humor.

I hope "Sector 7" will turn out to be a thoroughly enjoyable creature movie that also carries an underlying environmental message.

Most of all, I hope Ji-Ho ssi will hit a home run with his performance :-D

(It’s nice to think positively for a little while, for a change :-))

Guest luvlilady

@IC

Gurl...I should have added 'Best in Stand Out Comic" award. :lol:

Love how you injected witty rib-tickling words. They are so amusing. Humorously constructed that made us lark!!!

I share the same feeling when I read Zio might/ will play second character (?) to Ha Ji-won. Maybe the reason of his delayed responce of accepting the role?

Toast (?) ..hope its #1 to a minimum not #5 maximum...haha

We are still in limbo since nothing definite has been played yet. Lets keep our finger crossed. :)

(It’s nice to think positively for a little while, for a change ))

Me too!! :)

And the first time he meets Yun So-I (“How should I know who you are?”), I like how he’s so hot yet so clueless. I was glad Ji-Ho ssi wisely tested and expanded his range to a more serious role in Chuno (sometimes I actually prefer a reserved, unsmiling man, hehe), but imho he will always be one of the some who plays hot-and-clueless really convincingly :-)

IC, if i see him not smiling, i feel like something lacking. but when i saw how he acted in chuno as a serious man, his dimples were so precious that i felt so crazily happy when i saw any hint of them.

Seeme, HD, Samzz, IC Thank u for explaining his role in sector 7. woohoo! will it be aired in 1012?

Invincible team played a match against Dragons Team (?) in Suwon, and this is what I found:

http://video.nate.com/213275228

Zio Fighting!!

Guest janezio

@IC

Gurl...I should have added 'Best in Stand Out Comic" award. :lol:

Love how you injected witty rib-tickling words. They are so amusing. Humorously constructed that made us lark!!!

I share the same feeling when I read Zio might/ will play second character (?) to Ha Ji-won. Maybe the reason of his delayed responce of accepting the role?

Toast (?) ..hope its #1 to a minimum not #5 maximum...haha

We are still in limbo since nothing definite has been played yet. Lets keep our finger crossed. :)

(It’s nice to think positively for a little while, for a change ))

Me too!! :)

Oh my, I second Luvlilady's new award to IC: 'Best in Stand Out Comic"! I had a good tummy exercise while reading IC's comments - was laughing so loud which is okay since it's still early and no one is around in the office!

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: Zio's character meets a horrible death?!!!? I am certainly not looking forward to this! So, he narrowly escaped death in Chuno but can't escape here! sigh!!! Let's just hope IC's wish will come true - that this is just smoke and even if its not, and the writer/director will veer course eventually and give us a pleasasnt surprise, just like those did in Chuno!!!

Good news: hot oil slick platform with a hot macho half undressed georgeous dimpled man - my my my, this is certainly something to look forward to! Rrrooaaarrrr!

Guest harleydaz

Good news and bad news:

Bad news: Zio's character meets a horrible death?!!!? I am certainly not looking forward to this! So, he narrowly escaped death in Chuno but can't escape here! sigh!!! Let's just hope IC's wish will come true - that this is just smoke and even if its not, and the writer/director will veer course eventually and give us a pleasasnt surprise, just like those did in Chuno!!!

Good news: hot oil slick platform with a hot macho half undressed georgeous dimpled man - my my my, this is certainly something to look forward to! Rrrooaaarrrr!

According to Dramabeans

Oh Ji-ho cast as Ha Ji-won’s boyfriend

June 1st, 2010 // by javabeans

Chuno’s Oh Ji-ho has been selected as Ha Ji-won’s co-star in the upcoming 3D sci-fi action flick Sector 7.

The story takes place out in the open sea on a large oil prospecting ship, where the characters encounter a monster in the sea. When it attacks, a battle for survival ensues, led by Ha Ji-won, who shows off high-energy action skills as she fights it. Oh Ji-ho plays her boyfriend, an engineer on the oil rig who gets caught up in a conspiracy. Also,SPOILERIn fact, such a huge spoiler that I don’t know why they included it in the press release, since it gives away a big part of his casting: His character dies. Maybe it happens early on and isn’t such a big deal? [/END SPOILER]

The large-scale project comes with a 10 billion won production budget and high expectations; it is produced by Haeundae’s Yoon Je-kyun and directed by Kim Ji-hoon of May 18. Also starring are film veteran Ahn Sung-ki (Fair Love) and comic actor Park Chul-min (Return of Iljimae, Partner), both of whom also worked with director Kim in May 18.

Sector 7 will begin filming in mid-June.

I was very excited to see Zio take this role now I do not know what to think.

I do not care for that last sentence in the spoiler at all.

HD

Guest seeme

The news sounds fishy to me. I guess the production company is trying to get people attention. As Zio asked us fans believe in him, so I would :lol:

@Minah: What did you mean: "will it be aired in 1012" ? October 12, or 2012? hope not 2012

To my dear friend Oh Ji-ho

I am very pleased you and Ha Ji-won will be working together.

She's a fine actress and in case you have not noticed a very beautiful lady.

This is not a TV production therefore I am looking for some love action between you and Ji-won.

"Love action" That's what I'm looking forward too. Ji won is one hot lady :lol:

Guest inezjang

Oh my..why did they include that major spoiler??... :wacko: ..

Well i hope it will be a solid deadly fight..Zio is such a macho fighter!!

Anyway..already imagine a gorgeous sexy oil-rig engineer (like Zio..) as my boy friend...dangerously sexy.*.faints..again..*

Guest harleydaz

Damn, I work in this business and my mind went into another zone when I read that spoiler about our Zio.

I should not let my emotions take over, as my son would say typical woman's reaction.

Here' HD's opinion for what it's worth. That press release was done on purpose to create questionable publicity and it has.

Science fiction opens up many possibilities that could have taken place. That's what I love about it.

So how about this possibility?

Sector 7 starts off with the ending and goes back in time to tell the story of the events that took place and leads up to what we don't want to happen but does.

keyland

The photo IC posted

Actors often to get into the character of the role they are going to portray do a lot of research before filming begins. The photo of Zio with a hard hat suggests to me that's what he is doing.

According to Zio's message he said he would start filming June 15.

seeme

Sector 7

I've seen 2 different dates, 2011 next summer and the big blockbuster of a movie the first thing Oh Ji Ho's debut in 2012.

Seeme, I always mis-type everything everywhere.. I meant to type 2012. Thank u for highlighting that, or else i won't notice.

he's already on the set? wow.. i click the daum-link, and it;s amazing. i wonder whether Zio was sea-sick hehe :P

I know many people who were looking forward to June and July because of the World Cup, i wonder whether Zio feels the same. Moreover, Korea is also participating. a sportman at heart, has to be offshore.. it sounds misplaced and funny to me. Poor Zio.

Guest Issy_1

morning ladies (well, atleast is morning here)

@IC

as usual, your wonderful post was great to read. i have told you before and say it again. l enjoy reading every single word you write.

i really hope that spoilers won't be right. why would they want to spoil their movie right before it starts filming. there is something more for sure :P

BUT

2011 or 2012 is just such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to wait :(

no way i can wait this long. hope that he do a drama or two (sorry, i am greedy when it comes to zio) till the movie is out :blush:

Guest kitland

IBT played a match against Dragons Team in Suwon yesterday (01/06/10)

some pix for Zio

IBB-100601-22.jpg

IBB-100601-23.jpg

IBB-100601-24.jpg

IBB-100601-25.jpg

IBB-100601-26.jpg

IBB-100601-27.jpg

IBB-100601-28.jpg

IBB-100601-29.jpg

IBB-100601-30.jpg

IBB-100601-31.jpg

IBB-100601-32.jpg

IBB-100601-33.jpg

IBB-100601-34.jpg

IBB-100601-35.jpg

IBB-100601-36.jpg

IBB-100601-37.jpg

IBB-100601-38.jpg

IBB-100601-39.jpg

IBB-100601-40.jpg

IBB-100601-41.jpg

IBB-100601-42.jpg

IBB-100601-43.jpg

IBB-100601-44.jpg

IBB-100601-45.jpg

IBB-100601-46.jpg

IBB-100601-47.jpg

IBB-100601-48.jpg

IBB-100601-49.jpg

IBB-100601-50.jpg

IBB-100601-51.jpg

IBB-100601-52.jpg

IBB-100601-53.jpg

IBB-100601-54.jpg

IBB-100601-55.jpg

cr: dcohzio

Dear friends.

Did I ever mention that I am ridiculously afraid of heights?

My freaking palms are sweating from looking at these INSANE pics O_O …

OJH, Ha Ji-Won, Ahn Seung-Gi, and Cha Ye-Ryeon doing a little recon aboard “Duseong”, a drill ship that belongs to KNOC (Korea National Oil Corporation).

Apparently it was an unexpectedly gusty day and the seas were running high.

I can’t believe none of them passed out half way up!

OJH-Sector7-2.jpg

http://minihp.cyworld.com/pims/main/pims_m...earch&seq=5

Guest inezjang

^ Same here.. I'd faint into Zio's arms..i am so afraid of heights too..i got free tickets to ride The Singapore Flyer and i gave away..

JiWon is one tough cookie plus she's worked with so many hotties.. ;)

Guest harleydaz

IC you out did yourself with those photos they are fantastic.

I have often said Zio is on one side of the world and I am on the other, let's leave it that way.

BUT is someone offered me the chance hang from a crane over the water with Zio I''d be on the first plane to Korea.

I've been to amusement parks that have some off the wall rides but this one beats them all.

Guest luvlilady

@IC

Heights...tell me about it. On my recent trip to China I climbed the great wall and my legs were shaking. When I went down

I was turning pale, you should see me .. I look like I'm exorcized from something..hehe.

BUT for Zio I don't think he's bothered he could take anything knowing how a macho guy he is. :wub:

Like he'll say "Bring It On"

@Kitalnd

Thank You for your usual pics of Zio. You spring into action right away.....nice baseball pics..

@Harleydaz

It make sense explaining how the plot of the movie goes. Didnt think that it would start from the end and works all the way from the beginning as flashback.

@Minah

Don't be sorry we all make typo mistake. But you know how we Zio ladies are "impatient" we want to see Zio next drama or movie right now and soon....hehe

@JCSF

Nice idea of you to say ..love to see those men getting dirty half naked with full of oil brush into their tan bodies...

Inez did you hear that? :rolleyes:

@Issy

Hello dear... are you back from vacation?

Guest luvlilady

^ Same here.. I'd faint into Zio's arms..i am so afraid of heights too..i got free tickets to ride The Singapore Flyer and i gave away..

JiWon is one tough cookie plus she's worked with so many hotties.. ;)

Off topic

Inez is the Singpore flyer same as the London Eye? I have ride on the London Eye and I'm Ok with that.

I remember watching a recent Amazing Race USA edition and one of the contestant ( in fact they end up winning) went up

to the top of the observation wheel to cross from one wheel to another and that is scary. :huh:

Archived