Chinese Title: 可以知道的人们
Also known as: A Person You Could Know / People You May Know
Genre: Melodrama
Episodes: 10 (To Be Confirmed)
Broadcast network: jTBC
Broadcast period: 2017-July-31 to 2017-Aug-11
Air time: Monday to Friday 7:00am

Plot:

This is a drama about finding out the password to an ex-lovers smartphone and recalling the memory of love.

Cast:

Choi Soo Young as Lee Ahn
Lee Won Geun as Kim Jin Yeong B
Shim Hee Sub as Kim Jin Yeong A
Jeon Hye Jin as Kim Hyo Eun

Source: koreandrama.org

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to @0ly40 for creating this thread! <3 @psycribbler chingu!! Follow this thread! :) 

Missing Actress Choi ever since Squad 38 T.T And now even her supposed medical drama, Polyclinic Doctor still doesn't have any news whatsover ever since it was announced (so dissapointed :( ) But I'm gonna make this thread active when it airs :wink: For now please follow my IG account for I will post anything and everything about this webdrama there first :D https://www.instagram.com/thecrazedkfangirl/

I just posted something about APYCK or SYMK (Someone You May Know) on my IG and it's Sooyoung's IG story post hinting the script reading for this drama! So excited!! :D 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back guys! Sorry I was busy with work so couldn't update here huhu but for those who are already following '@sooyoungnews' on ig or twitter (@sooyoungfacts) you probably have seen these updates already.. but for the benefit of those who haven't, here they are!

https://twitter.com/SooyoungFacts/status/874982551437180928
https://twitter.com/SooyoungFacts/status/875000029387177985

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Jhazz Callo said:

So excited for this drama The two of them look good together.

Pretty sure this will be a big hit.

Is July 31 confirmed already?

Thanks,

Yes it is! As a matter of fact they already released a teaser on this webdrama series!!! Thank you so much JTBC! :D

This too, :)

Watching this teaser I concluded that Lee Wongeun and Shim Heeseop's characters share the same name, "Kim Jinyoung" but Heeseop's character is Lee Ahn's (SY) ex bf who died.. :o 

ROUGH TRANSLATION:

Kim Jinyoung: (Shim Heeseop)

Lee Ahn-ah let's talk,
I'll go to your office.

Kim Jinyoung: (Lee Wongeun)

Lee Ahn Sunbae, Is something wrong...?
Can we talk?

Lee Ahn then opens her FB account and types her status..

"A chance to meet you, 10 times"

but then retypes it to..

"Last chance to meet you, 10 times"

She then scrolls to the bottom of the screen and it says,

Kim Jinyoung (Shim Heeseop)

107 Mutual Friends

Kim Jinyoung (Lee Wongeun)

14 Mutual Friends

HOPE THIS HELPS! :D

P.S. Notice the time never changes.. It's always on 7:31 ~meaning~ July 31 mehe ^^,

Sooyoung unlocks phones and secrets in Someone You Might Know

by tineybeanie (source: dramabeans.com)

Stills and teasers have been released for JTBC’s first-ever web drama Someone You Might Know. It’s a mystery-melodrama combo that is centered around a workaholic variety PD, played by Sooyoung (Police Unit 38), who’s suffering due to the sudden death of her boyfriend Kim Jin-young, played by Shim Hee-sup (Rebel: Thief Who Stole the People).

The only last remnants she has of him are locked up in his cell phone, which has a four-digit passcode. When a happy-go-lucky rookie PD with the same name as her deceased boyfriend (played by Lee Won-geun, Mystery Queen) joins her production team, she dislikes him on sight but continues to be strangely attracted to him.

The first teaser shows a smartphone screen, where two separate notifications from both the Kim Jin-youngs pop up, asking Sooyoung’s character, Lee Ahn, to meet up. Multiple attempts are made to crack the code, and at the end of a frustrated asdfjklasdf moment, the phone is unlocked and opened to a Facebook page where Lee Ahn types: “The last chance I’ll have to meet you, 10 tries.” The photos beneath her posted status show her with each of the Kim Jin-youngs, and Sooyoung’s voiceover simply says “Ten times,” as the teaser closes.

pikn24.jpg

In this second teaser, Lee Ahn walks through her broadcast station’s halls looking around everywhere for a face. Interspersed are cuts of her running a nighttime 10K, and she calls for Kim Jin-young multiple times. At her station, she reaches out to her dead boyfriend on the other side of a revolving door, only to have him look away. In the nighttime cuts, she collapses against the rookie PD Kim Jin-young as she thinks aloud: “Why would Jin-young give me his phone? I’ll probably be able to unlock it in 10 tries, right?”

pikn9.jpg

The third teaser is a film reel, showing all the happy and sad memories between Lee Ahn and her boyfriend. The first copy onscreen reads “You are dead,” and then we see a scene of him being killed in a car accident, and the second copy shows “You died one week ago.”

pikn22.jpg

A grieving Lee Ahn stares at his cracked cell phone, thinking: “What were you trying to say to me? Why did you call my name? My last chance to know you. 10 tries.”

The last teaser has an entirely different tone—light and rom-com-y—and provides us with the most context for the drama. Lee Ahn and her boyfriend share a kiss, and Lee Ahn calls his name in multiple cuts—in exasperation, playfully, drunkenly. The copy reads, “This story is a romance,” and then adds question marks.

Then we switch to rookie Jin-young, who is confused because Lee Ahn won’t call him by his name. She tries to unlock her boyfriend’s phone and ends up frustrated, asking, “How can I find it if I didn’t see it? No one received it.” The copy switches to saying that “This story is a mystery.” Co-workers wonder at Lee Ahn’s erratic behavior when she laughs to herself, then cries in front of tourist attractions, thinking she’s gone crazy due to the death of her boyfriend. The copy finaly decides, “This story is a mystery three-way romance.”

pikn28.jpg

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Web Drama 2017] JTBC A person you could know, 알 수도 있는 사람, Sooyoung and Lee Won Geun, Jul 31

Archived