♣ Park Hyung Sik 박형식 ♣ [Current Drama 2024] "Doctor Slump"

mysignisflower

Park Hyung Sik Hits Life’s Low Point in His Return to Rom-Com with ‘Doctor Slump’

Snapinsta.app_416562745_904809104348235_

Park Hyung Sik is making a comeback in the romantic comedy genre with the new series Doctor Slump, slated to premiere on JTBC on January 27th. The series released stills of Park Hyung Sik portraying Yeo Jeong Woo, a star doctor in crisis.

Doctor Slump is a new rom-com about Yeo Jeong Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Yeo Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye), who find themselves in the worst slumps of their lives after only knowing success.

This marks Park Hyung Sik’s return to the genre after seven years, following the much-loved series Strong Girl Bong-soon. In Doctor Slump, Park Hyung Sik plays a star plastic surgeon who falls into the worst slump of his life following a mysterious medical accident. His life, which had been a smooth ride from his school days as a top student to becoming a renowned surgeon, takes a drastic turn.

The released photos show Yeo Jeong Woo in a doctor’s gown, captivating the hearts of patients, staff, and the public as the head of a cosmetic surgery clinic. However, his life plummets from the pinnacle to rock bottom, drawing attention as he is seen undergoing a police investigation.

Park Hyung Sik shared his reasons for choosing Doctor Slump, stating, “The theme of ‘slump’ resonated deeply with me. I know many people experience burnout and slumps in their busy lives. I’ve been through it too, and it’s something almost everyone encounters, which made me feel bittersweet.” He added, “I thought the story could be told in a fun yet meaningful way, offering empathy and comfort.”

Regarding his character Yeo Jeong Woo, he explained, “Born into a successful medical family and leading an enviable life as a cosmetic surgeon, he faces an unexpected incident and falls into the worst slump of his life. It was important to portray how Yeo Jeong Woo overcomes his slump with a positive mindset and the sincere support of those around him.”

Meanwhile, Doctor Slump premieres at 10:30 PM on the 27th KST.

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240109090623806

*** Having already seen how enthusiastic Filipino fans are during his past visits to the Philippines, Park Hyung-sik is looking forward to reuniting with his local supporters for the Manila stop of his "SIKcret Time" fan meeting tour soon. "Since it's been a long time since I visited the Philippines, I'm actually hoping that [the fan meeting] will be an event where many of my fans could actually participate," Park Hyung Sik said Tuesday in a Zoom conference arranged by MQLive and PublicityAsia. The event is scheduled to take place at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City on Feb. 17. He as asked what Filipino fans can expect, Park Hyung Sik said: "The OSTs that I sang in my dramas, maybe you could also expect those. I prepared a lot to have a great time with my fans so I hope you guys expect a lot from me," he said through an interpreter.   :heart3:

Below are some excepts from the interview with Park, which have been edited for clarity:

Q: What are some of your fondest memories during your past visit to the Philippines?

The fans were very passionate. I was very happy to see them and interact with them. Also, the food was really nice. The weather was perfect as well. It actually gave me a feeling that I'd like to not go back to Korea. I have those good memories.

Q: It's already 2024. What goals would you like to achieve this year?

The goal for me this year is to finish my fan meeting successfully. If there's a given opportunity, I'd like to showcase myself more to you guys through more projects.

Q: Given the chance to spend a long vacation anywhere in the world, where would you like to go and why?

I have a lot of countries coming up in mind, but there are many good islands in the Philippines that I could visit. I could also try fishing, scuba diving and many other stuff. So if there's a given opportunity, I'd like to take a long holiday in the Philippines.

Q: Among the works that you have done, which project was the most memorable and why?

The recent drama that I filmed, "Doctor Slump," will be broadcasted soon and I think this is a drama that I actually relate to a lot. I laughed the most while actually filming it. So I guess you guys can expect much from it.

Q: Which of the many characters that you've played resembles you the most?

Every character that I acted during my projects somehow portrays parts of my [personal] character. But I guess the most relatable character that has my personality is Ahn Min-hyuk from "Strong Girl Do Bong-soon." The way that he jokes around, it actually portrays myself when I'm with my friends.

Q: As you mentioned, you are set to star in "Doctor Slump." What can fans look forward to in your new role as Yeo Jeong-woo?

"Doctor Slump" carries a message for people experiencing a slump in this kind of busy, modern society right now. There are a lot of points in the show that can comfort people. My character has a very positive personality. Also, with my co-actor Park Shin-hye, you can see how our characters develop from friends to lovers.

Q: What other future roles would you like to do?

There are a lot of roles that I'd like to try but recently, I watched a series called "Moving." So while watching it, I thought it would be great to try a [character of a] person with a superpower. I'd also like to try a different genre like noir.

Q: Please send a message to your Filipino fans.

It's been a long time since I last visited. I'm really sorry for visiting late. Since I'm coming here after a long time, I've prepared a lot for you guys so I hope you guys expect a lot from me and I hope many of you guys come.

20240109-via-publicityasia-1.jpg

20240109-via-publicityasia-2.jpg

credit : https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/01/09/24/park-hyung-sik-on-ph-fan-meet-goals-doctor-slump

*** "Doctor Slump" looks adorable with its leads Park Hyung-shik and Park Shin-hye portraying a cute rivals-to-lovers romance. JTBC has also released a couple of stills, focusing on the different phases of Jung-woo. The first two depict him at the height of his career as a successful plastic surgeon, but the third has him in a police station under interrogation. This drama is a Saturday-Sunday slot. I just keep growing more and more excited for this! It looks fun! The setting looks cute. Everything else - we'll see about that.   :cheers:

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Talk About Reuniting 10 Years After “Heirs” For “Doctor Slump”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Talk About Reuniting 10 Years After “Heirs” For “Doctor Slump”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump” has shared a sneak peek of the evolving dynamic between its two leads!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives.

Park Hyung Sik will star as Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident.

Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, a workaholic anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

The newly released stills capture Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul’s first meeting during their high school days. When Nam Ha Neul first transfers to his school, Yeo Jung Woo carefully scans her with a mixture of curiosity and wariness, hinting at the academic rivalry that will soon form between the two students.

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-1.jpg

Park-Hyung-Sik-1.jpgPark-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpg

When these two former classmates unexpectedly run into each other as adults, their circumstances are completely different: each of them is now facing the worst slump of their respective lives.

With Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul unable to hide their surprise at meeting one another again, the awkwardness in the air is stifling.

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-3.jpg

Later, however, that tension seems to have dissolved as the two smile at each other, piquing curiosity as to how their relationship will change following their unexpected reunion.

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-4.jpg

Notably, “Doctor Slump” also marked a real-life reunion for Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye, who previously starred in “Heirs” together 10 years ago.

Park Hyung Sik recalled, “When I saw Park Shin Hye again, it felt like time had stopped 10 years ago. So I was really surprised, and while we were working together, I learned a lot from her and was really impressed. I’m truly happy to be working with her [again].”

Park Shin Hye agreed, “I felt really comfortable [with him], like we had just met yesterday. I truly had a lot of fun during filming. Whenever we had ideas on set, we would share them with each other, and we tried to create a fun drama together. I think you’ll be able to see new charms that are unique to Ha Neul and Jung Woo, instead of Eun Sang and Myung Soo from ‘Heirs’ 10 years ago.”

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636856wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-talk-about-reuniting-10-years-after-heirs-for-doctor-slump

*** JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump” has dropped a new highlight teaser! “Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST.    :heart1:

0004997776_001_20240112105404895.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004997776

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch: Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Reunite During The Lowest Points In Their Lives In “Doctor Slump” Teaser

20240112043648_doctor-slump-3.jpg?s=900x

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump” has dropped a new highlight teaser!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik will star as Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, an anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

The highlight video begins with an intense first meeting between Yeo Jung Woo and the transfer student Nam Na Heul, who both ranked No. 1 with perfect scores on a nationwide exam. The two declare rivalry, saying, “There are no two suns under the sky, and there are no two No. 1s in the whole school.”

14 years later, Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul face the worst moments in their lives. The handsome and competent plastic surgeon Yeo Jung Woo experiences his downfall due to a suspicious medical accident. The sight of lethargic Nam Ha Neul, who works as an anesthesiologist at a university hospital, suggests that she is worn out both physically and mentally to the point where she thinks, “It would be better to die.”

Just then, the two childhood rivals Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul unexpectedly reunite on the rooftop of Nam Ha Neul’s family’s house. The two, who become neighbors, start to give strength to one another as they clink their glasses, laugh, and cry together.

Watch the full teaser below!

Spoiler

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. While waiting, watch another teaser here!

credit : soompi news

*** On January 11, JTBC's upcoming drama 'Doctor Slump' published behind-the-scenes photos from the drama online. Here, Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye shared what it feels like to work with one another again in over 10 years. Ever since it was announced that Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye were going to star in this drama, I feel excited. Park Hyung Sik said, "When I met Shin Hye again, it felt as if time had stopped 10 years ago. That really took me by surprise. Anyway, I got to learn a lot from her while working together again. She constantly impressed me with her work. I'm just truly happy to work with her again." Park Shin Hye nodded and commented, "Yeah, I felt comfortable working with Hyung Sik. It almost seemed like we had met yesterday. I had much fun filming our drama. Whenever new ideas came up while on set, we tried to share them with each other as much as we could to make the scenes better. In 'Doctor Slump' though, you'll be able to see the charms of 'Jung-woo' and 'Ha-neul', not 'Eun-sang' and 'Myung-soo' from 'The Heirs' 10 years ago." In 'The Heirs', Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye acted as school friends 'Myung-soo' and 'Eun-sang'; they attended Jeguk High School together.  :kaching1:

201881762_700.webp

source : SBS Star

10 best horror K-dramas of all time to add to your favourites list

Kingdom, Revenant, Hellbound and many more horror K-dramas are spine chilling and perfect if you are looking for a spooky series. Here is a look at the best.

Horror K-dramas like Hellbound, Kingdom, Geodam and many more will definitely give you a chill down the spine with their spooky visuals and eerie music. From zombie apocalypse, horrifying creatures to ghosts and more; horror K-dramas include many kinds of scary stories. Not only that, scary K-dramas like Strangers from Hell and Save Me don’t feature any external entity and showcase the horrors of the human mind and society. Here is a look at the best horror K-dramas. 

9. Happiness

Starring Park Hyung Shin and Han Hyo Joo, Happiness revolves around an in which there is a virus breakout which changes humans into monsters. The apartment is sealed away from the rest of the world and the residents have to fight for survival. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-best-horror-k-dramas-of-all-time-to-add-to-your-favourites-list-1271711

*** Cignal Play, the Live TV channels app of Cignal TV, Inc., recently launched an exciting promo wherein Premium and Premium Plus subscribers will get a chance to win tickets to watch the year’s most anticipated fan meet, Park Hyungsik 2024 Asia Tour “SIKcret Time in Manila” on Feb. 17, 2024 (Saturday) 7 p.m. at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. To qualify for the raffle, Cignal Play registered, and new users are required to subscribe to an active PREMIUM (P149/month) or PREMIUM PLUS (P399/month) subscription from Jan. 12 to Feb. 5, 2024, on the all-new version of the app or via the Cignal Play website. Once subscribed to Premium 149 or Premium Plus 399, users can win either a pair of platinum or gold tickets to the event. A total of 50 platinum and 25 gold winners will be chosen via raffle with Premium 149 subscribers getting 1 raffle entry and 2 raffle entries for Premium Plus 399 subscribers. Winners shall receive the full fan premium benefits to the event such as free poster, photocards, postcard with note and a chance to see the Park Hyungsik up close during the hi & bye session. Just download the app (available on Google Play or the App Store). Cignal pay TV postpaid users who subscribe to an active Pinoy and Asian Theme pack during the promo period will also earn a raffle entry.   :cutekitty:

park2_4e5247f2b6.jpeg

park3_511c7dbfe9.jpeg

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2024/1/15/cignal-play-to-offer-premium-tickets-to-park-hyungsik-si-kcret-time-in-manila

*** I'm excited for his upcoming drama "Doctor Slump".  I can hardly wait. I will watch anything Park Hyung Sik is in. Other shows not mentioned below but worth watching, Hwarang (see the birth of the Wooga Squad), and Our Blooming Youth.   :cutekitty:

Dive into other amazing K-dramas starring Park Hyung Sik

Soundtrack #1 (2022)

1704805660-kdrama-soundtrack1.jpg

Episodes: 4

Eun Soo (Han So Hee) and photographer Han Sun Woo (Hyung Sik) have been best friends for over 20 years. Sun Woo has feelings for Eun Soo, but she has no idea about this and only sees him as an amazing friend. They end up staying in the same house for two weeks, thanks to an important assignment. This is when things change.

Happiness (2021)

1704805674-kdrama-happiness.jpg

Episodes: 12

A zombie apocalyptic thriller that tells the story of residents of an apartment and how they are forced to quarantine due to an outbreak of a deadly virus. In the wake of this, are two friends, Jung Yi Hyun and Special Unit Officer Yoon Sae Bom who are trying to maintain order and keep everyone from fighting.

Suits (2018)

1704805684-kdrama-suits.jpg

Episodes: 16

In this Korean adaptation of the popular American series, Park Hyung Sik takes on the character of a genius college dropout, Go Yeon Woo. His portrayal of a rookie lawyer trying to make his way through the competitive legal world showcases his acting prowess. This gripping legal drama will have you on the edge of your seat.

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon (2017)

Spoiler

1704805704-kdrama-strongwomando.jpg

Episodes: 16 + 1 special

It is one of his most famous roles. In this romantic comedy, he played the character of Ahn Min Hyuk, the CEO of a gaming company. He added the perfect blend of humor and charisma to the storyline. The drama remains an all-time favorite of many fans as it offers a mixture of romance, fantasy, laughter, and more.

High Society (2015)

1704805716-kdrama-highsociety.png

Episodes: 16

Hyung Sik delivers a memorable performance as Yoo Chang Soo, a chaebol heir entangled in a web of family expectations and societal pressures. The drama explores the complexities of social class and love as Chang Soo falls for someone disapproved of by his parents. He now has to stand up for the woman he loves.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/01/excited-for-park-hyung-siks-doctor-slump-dive-into-his-other-amazing-k-dramas

*** "Doctor Slump" premiere is now just over a week away. It's next week on January 27, following Welcome to Samdal-ri in the weekend slot. Can't wait! It's so good to see Park Hyung Sik again! He is just so adorable. Looking forward to weekend slot having some fun. Count down begins. Netflix is now showing this drama as "Coming Next Week". I have a lot of hopes for this drama. The trailer had me goofy grinning.   :heart3:

Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik Look Back on ‘The Heirs’ Moments Ahead of ‘Doctor Slump’ Premiere

afb0da85-d16b-4816-9416-958b4608b3e6.jpg

In an interview following the photo shoot, Park Shin Hye discussed what it’s like returning to acting after a three-year hiatus. She said, “Before starting filming, I always get a bit nervous. For this project, I felt just as nervous as I always have—no more and no less. The drama’s story seemed so real that I could immediately relate to it when I first read the script. I was drawn to Ha Neul as she and I share the same struggle of maintaining relationships. I believe anyone is subject to a slump or burnout. Even when they appear fine on the outside, there’s often more than meets the eye.”

Park Hyung Sik also shared, “The topic of a slump resonated with me. I hope viewers realize that they are not alone in this challenging life and find comfort in the show.”

Park Shin Hye has reunited with Park Hyung Sik for a new drama 11 years after co-starring with him in The Heirs. Regarding any noticeable changes in him, the actress remarked, “He was really busy back then. Nevertheless, he always showed up ready on set without losing his smile. He is still very nice. As he always takes constructive feedback seriously, we were able to show our great chemistry.”

“Park Hyung Sik revealed, ‘The year 2013 was the busiest in my life. Back in the day, I was so wrapped up in my own acting, didn’t really have much room to appreciate what other folks were bringing to the table. Only recently did I take the time to truly appreciate Shin Hye’s acting, and I was genuinely impressed by her complete control over her emotions. It felt so natural that there was no hint of awkwardness. I learned a great deal from her throughout the filming,’ lavishing praise on his co-star.”

source : https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/406725

• Like 1

Spoiler

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Dish On Starring Together In “Doctor Slump” 11 Years After “Heirs”

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Dish On Starring Together In “Doctor Slump” 11 Years After “Heirs”

In a recent interview and pictorial for Elle Korea magazine, Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye talked about starring together in JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump”!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy about two former rivals who reunite and unexpectedly become each other’s light during the darkest period of their lives. Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident, while Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, a workaholic anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-2-1.jpg

Notably, “Doctor Slump” marks Park Shin Hye’s first acting role in three years. When asked how she felt about her return to the screen, the actress replied, “Every time I start a new project, I always feel a little nervous, and I think it’s pretty much the same this time.”

As for what drew her to “Doctor Slump,” Park Shin Hye recalled, “Because it’s a story that seems it could happen in everyday life, I enjoyed reading the script and found it very comfortable from the very beginning. Since my job involves meeting and interacting with lots of people, I felt even more affection for Ha Neul, who struggles and feels insecure within her relationships with other people.”

“I think burnout syndrome can happen to anyone,” she continued. “Even if someone seems fine on the outside, they may not feel okay on the inside.”

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye-2.jpg

Park Hyung Sik similarly remarked, “First of all, I related strongly to the subject matter of going through a slump.”

“In our society where everyone is working hard to survive day to day, I thought the story could be meaningful,” he noted. “I hope that by watching our drama, people will be comforted by the idea that ‘It’s not just me; everyone is living like that.’ I was especially drawn to ‘Doctor Slump’ because it felt so human.”

Park-Hyung-Sik-2.jpg

Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik previously worked together 11 years ago, when they starred in the hit drama “Heirs.”

When asked if she’d noticed any changes after reuniting with Park Hyung Sik for “Doctor Slump,” Park Shin Hye revealed, “Back [when we were filming ‘Heirs’], Hyung Sik was really busy. There were times when he would come straight to the filming set from the airport, and I was really amazed at how he managed to memorize all his lines amidst his busy schedule and how he never once frowned [on set].”

She went on, “His personality is still as great as ever. He’s good at accepting other people’s opinions, so I felt really comfortable working together with him.”

Meanwhile, Park Hyung Sik shared, “2013 was the busiest year of my life, with ‘Real Men,’ touring, appearing in a musical, and more. Back then, I was so busy focusing on my own acting that I think I was only able to properly watch [Shin Hye]’s acting this time around, and I was so impressed. She’s able to suddenly whip out emotions as if she’d pressed a button, but nothing feels mechanical about it in the least. I learned a lot from watching her.”

Park-Shin-Hye-Park-Hyung-Sik-3-1.jpg

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1638287wpp/park-hyung-sik-and-park-shin-hye-dish-on-starring-together-in-doctor-slump-11-years-after-heirs

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” behind-the-scenes photos

park-hyung-sik-35.jpeg

park-hyung-sik-park-shin-hye-1-.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=415&aid=0000024546

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Charm With Their Behind-The-Scenes Chemistry For “Doctor Slump”

20240122022957_park-hyung-sik-park-shin-

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” is gearing up for its premiere with behind-the-scenes photos!

Park Hyung Sik will star as Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon whose thriving career suddenly falls into danger due to a strange medical accident. Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye will play Nam Ha Neul, a workaholic anesthesiologist suffering from burnout syndrome.

The newly released stills depict Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye hard at work behind the scenes of “Doctor Slump.” In one photo, Park Hyung Sik is in the midst of rehearsing his scenes while checking his lines and movements with director Oh Hyun Jong ahead of filming. Another still depicts Park Shin Hye completely immersing into her character once filming begins.

Spoiler

park-hyung-sik-35.jpeg

park-shin-hye-3.jpeg

The actors impressed the set as they gave it 100 percent for both rehearsals and the actual filming, captivating viewers’ hearts by sending adorable hearts to the camera.

park-hyung-sik-park-shin-hye-1-.jpeg

A representative of the drama shared, “Actors Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye, who are masters at rom-com, will showcase great acting, needless to say, and chemistry beyond expectations.”

credit : soompi news

• Like 1