YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

ahhh everyone's like practicing so hard..

i've barely made any progress over the past week.

Something's wrong with me..bleh.

no matter how hard i try to practice rap, my voice just doesn't seem to work with me.

question:

you know most girl rappers have that very uniqe type of voice when singing rap?

like..how do you say this haha..um..i dunno.. their voice just FITS rap.

you know?

there's no way to force your voice to do that, right?

i heard it's just emotion.

i'm loving the rap from Girlfriends

im practicing the ones from Seeya too

so i hope i will be able to record all 3 when i come back from Hawaii

[ahhh fun time~]

a short rap from I bite my lip - GFs

I need so much work on the emotion and the voice

i think i did it a bit high so my voice turned out to sound innocent

i gotta fix that :P

i need to put in the rite emotion as well...

-_- reading lyrics time

:P

Guest CutieGirl303

heyy ppls!~ wow so many ppl improved! hehe well currently im still sick hehehe yea my sore throat invited a friend STUFFED NOSEE now i got both sore throat and stuffed nose grrrr after i get better i promise ill record some songs~ EVEN RAPPIN~~! hehehe

Guest The Legend

welps..i posted mine up (in performers section in general)..lol eh my korean is bad lol i gotta post one up of me rappin..ill post it in this topic though lol

aww cutiegirl303 i hope u get better

heyy ppls!~ wow so many ppl improved! hehe well currently im still sick hehehe yea my sore throat invited a friend STUFFED NOSEE now i got both sore throat and stuffed nose grrrr after i get better i promise ill record some songs~ EVEN RAPPIN~~! hehehe

STILL SICK?

poor dongsaeng

feel better

too busy packing now

sry cant leave u a message on myspace

Wow. Cali? Nice ^__^

And hip hop dancer?

O.O

Competitive now.

And JSM is alos a good dancer ^^

yup yup... the pressures ON!!!!.... J/k, j/k!!!... don't mean anything bad to soomi... I like how she dances... at least it's more... Feminine.... I've been watching WAY too many korean guys' MV's instead... that's how I started to learn some popping from them... yup, i tend to have more of a masculine edge to my dancing, which is a lot different than the dance group i'm with at school... they are more, I should say, 'poppish/bouncy/girly'??... even tho it's HIP HOP NATION...

but yeah... i'm gonna try my luck with YG, even tho i'm 'old' already... :lol:..:P...i'm already 17 1/2... soon to be 18 in three months... dunno if they WOULD take me, even if i got in...i'm old...LOL...

but I'll try...

Guest yunakue

yup yup... the pressures ON!!!!.... J/k, j/k!!!... don't mean anything bad to soomi... I like how she dances... at least it's more... Feminine.... I've been watching WAY too many korean guys' MV's instead... that's how I started to learn some popping from them... yup, i tend to have more of a masculine edge to my dancing, which is a lot different than the dance group i'm with at school... they are more, I should say, 'poppish/bouncy/girly'??... even tho it's HIP HOP NATION...

but yeah... i'm gonna try my luck with YG, even tho i'm 'old' already... :lol:..:P...i'm already 17 1/2... soon to be 18 in three months... dunno if they WOULD take me, even if i got in...i'm old...LOL...

but I'll try...

lol

17's not old.

And yea, I also have seen ALOT of dances of korean guys MV and I also watch WAY loads of dances on youtube and it really helps me alot.

But I'm 16... Just turn 16 like... couple of weeks.

I hope I'll improve more after I post my dancing in here.

But yea, me and my cousin is still praticing our dance to show you guyss XP.

Man... and she has to go to work, I hate to go to work so it's all really complicated :wacko:

yup yup... the pressures ON!!!!.... J/k, j/k!!!... don't mean anything bad to soomi... I like how she dances... at least it's more... Feminine....

thank you

and hey...u call me soomi

haha thnx :P

I'm SOOOOO stress.... for no reasons

aww, don't be. is it because of auditions?

everyone has their stressing times, but it's okay.

take your time. there's no deadline.

and have fun. that's what's REALLY important and that just shows how much you love it.

FIGHTING!!!

[ahhh fun time~]

-_- reading lyrics time

from a rapper's point of view

you have no emotions, sounded like you were straight off reading which really messes with the flow as well cuz the flow was rushed all togather. the delievery was also inconsistance as some words were slurred and others were not etc

keep working on it, hope those pointers helped

you have no emotions, sounded like you were straight off reading which really messes with the flow as well cuz the flow was rushed all togather. the delievery was also inconsistance as some words were slurred and others were not etc

i know

im working on the emotion

i just got all the words down

thats all i have :P

plx bare with me cuz im not korean, my pronunciation is not good -_-

im trying to pronounce the words rite

awwww....its alrite

that happens to me a lot

i know how u feel

just relax...

Guest CutieGirl303

welps..i posted mine up (in performers section in general)..lol eh my korean is bad lol i gotta post one up of me rappin..ill post it in this topic though lol

aww cutiegirl303 i hope u get better

THANXX I SHALL GO LISTEN TO UR RAPPING!!! hehehe first i shall eat dinner hehehehe~

I wanna hear! I munna go check it out~!

CutieGirl303:: Feel better!! =D

THANXX~~~i shall get better for all you guys so i can record! hehehe

STILL SICK?

poor dongsaeng

feel better

too busy packing now

sry cant leave u a message on myspace

ouuuu HAVE FUN UNNIEE!!!

Don`t get stressed out over auditions. <3

If you can`t even handle the thought of auditioning, how are you going to handle the bulk of stress if you get accepted?

It`s a lot harder than auditioning; much, much harder. :x

I hope you get everything straightened out soon <3

Also, a lot of you guys arn`t "old." :P

Reality is, all of us are just really young.

It`s kind of a bit better to be older, because most of you guys` voices are already developed, while we are still developing them.

I personally think 17-20 is a wonderful age to audition..

I also believe that YG doesn`t train you AS MUCH as SM does. :P So don`t worry.

By the way, look at Big Mama and their success. :P <3

Talent is the only thing that matters most.

Guest CutieGirl303

Don`t get stressed out over auditions. <3

If you can`t even handle the thought of auditioning, how are you going to handle the bulk of stress if you get accepted?

It`s a lot harder than auditioning; much, much harder. :x

I hope you get everything straightened out soon <3

Also, a lot of you guys arn`t "old." :P

Reality is, all of us are just really young.

It`s kind of a bit better to be older, because most of you guys` voices are already developed, while we are still developing them.

I personally think 17-20 is a wonderful age to audition..

I also believe that YG doesn`t train you AS MUCH as SM does. :P So don`t worry.

By the way, look at Big Mama and their success. :P <3

Talent is the only thing that matters most.

WATTT i thought yg trains u more than sm hmm and still sm's talent doesnt catch up to yg's weird~ hmm would i be to young to handle the stress? like wat kind of stress?? the only thing im worried is how im gonna pay for the rent, school and not getting kicked oout of the entertainment

^ thank you so much ...

I'll really work-on everything you said.

You are soooo right about me being confident with this songs:

dance with my father, goodbye, and Hanggang Ngayon ...

Because I know this songs by heart .. you know what I mean .. lol

Thank you. You really made me more confident now.

I'll record songs with emotions .. next time.

=]] great that i could be of help.

yea..i know

ugh...i cn't rap for my life o.0

btw, im practicing the raps from I bite my lip - Girlfriends [im doing a good job on getting the words down, need work on emotion :P]

and Promise u + Crazy love song - SeeYa

and i think i will sound a bit better

fort minor is too much attitude and since they're guys, girl voice will not sound as good :P

nahh rapping wasnt that bad =]] i agree its harder to rap guys songs when ur a girl since their is tone difference unless ur a girl with a really deep voice =]]

hi everyone! do you think it's better to send auditions to the yg address in the US or the one in korea?

i think the address for korea is better since its more directly to them.

ahhh everyone's like practicing so hard..

i've barely made any progress over the past week.

Something's wrong with me..bleh.

no matter how hard i try to practice rap, my voice just doesn't seem to work with me.

question:

you know most girl rappers have that very uniqe type of voice when singing rap?

like..how do you say this haha..um..i dunno.. their voice just FITS rap.

you know?

there's no way to force your voice to do that, right?

i heard it's just emotion.

well i think most female rappers do tend to have a much deeper voice than most others, but there are females with deep voices that cant rap. lols it depends on practice, skill, talent, and emotion is also a big factor. well emotion is importnat in just about anything that has to do with music =]] i dont think u need to have that "unique voice," but then again if u have a really high pitched voice.. i dont advise doing rap cuz maybe its just me but .. i dont think it'll really sound that ... hmm hiphop [?]

[ahhh fun time~]

-_- reading lyrics time

i'll listen.. when i have the time lols. im sneaking on right now lols

like u said more emotion.

dont force ur voice to sound deep cuz that'll just make it sound awkward and forced.

i think its a bit better than the previous clip maybe since its a girl rapper.

i still auditioned for the SM auditions thing even tho i had a stuffy nose and i was coughing like crazy, but ahahaha i didnt really care. it was weird hearing my voice but it didnt kill my voice all that much so i didnt mind. but i know how it feels to be sick and wanting to sing. it sucks. FEEL BETTER =]]

but I'll try...

haha ur not that old =]] its better trying then never doing it and regretting just because of ur age.

lol

17's not old.

And yea, I also have seen ALOT of dances of korean guys MV and I also watch WAY loads of dances on youtube and it really helps me alot.

But I'm 16... Just turn 16 like... couple of weeks.

I hope I'll improve more after I post my dancing in here.

But yea, me and my cousin is still praticing our dance to show you guyss XP.

Man... and she has to go to work, I hate to go to work so it's all really complicated :wacko:

cant wait =]]

dont stress. i personally sing much better when i just sing and when im not thinking so much.

WATTT i thought yg trains u more than sm hmm and still sm's talent doesnt catch up to yg's weird~ hmm would i be to young to handle the stress? like wat kind of stress?? the only thing im worried is how im gonna pay for the rent, school and not getting kicked oout of the entertainment

i think its all based on how hard and how intense the training sessions are. and also yg trainees start off as good and then they just keep gettign better so =]] sm.. they arent necessarily good from the beginning, but they probably still improve a lot, but since they arent mostly basing their trainees on talent... maybe that explains why they're singers arent "up to par" with yg singers for the most part. [but im def. being biased a bit here lols]

it depends on how mature u are.. i guess =]] if u train i dont think u pay for rent. dont u get a place to stay and everything? hmm.. well im pretty sure SM provides all that. im pretty sure YG does too. stress as in intense training, a lot of criticism 24/7, practicing ur butt off, standing out from the others, debuting as soon as possible, improving constantly.. lols stress like that

I agree with sPark*. lmao and YG does give you a dorm room from what I`ve heard. don`t worry XD

They send you off to school too..chillax you don`t need to worry about that for now.

The only thing you need to be worried about is your practicing and auditioning.

You`re thinking way ahead of yourself ^^; as if you`ve already been accepted.

Chillax ~ ma` dear.

Just focus on practicing. =]

thank you

and hey...u call me soomi

haha thnx :P

hehehe...^_^.... no problemo...^o^v....

question tym!!!!....

for dancing auditions, do you HAVE to do hip-hoppish music??? also, if you're a girl, you gotta do a girl song and vice versa?? O o

also... i think i'm gonna have the same problem like seung ri did, i can't sing...XP... can't sing for crap or rap... i can sorta beatbox tho... and do those little beat-thingys with your hands/pencils/pens... ever since middle school...LOL...

man... and I thought that after the SM auditions in San Fransisco, I would've never thought to do it again, since it kinda drove my parents nutz because I was a bit uptight about it... they want me to do something BETTER than that, like get an education and make something of myself later in life... I mean, I WILL (since I'm a senior now)... but being a singer/dancer has somewhat been a secret dream of mines... I just never realized how much dancing has relieved me of reality when I need it... also, I can express myself in a way through that also, even if I have to work with other people and with music that's not my style... I learn to deal with it and---

oops... my bad, I kinda went off on that.... sorry...^_^v...

anyways, yeah... so many auditions that I wanna do, but so little time for me... but I'll SURELY give it a try...

also... in what format are we suppose to record our audition demos for those that are trying out through dancing, like me?? O o... the application was a little weird to me also.... HELP!!!!...:lol: