YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

Guest lshluvr

For YG, I'm thinking

I'll Be There - Mariah Carey

and

In Dreams - Lena Park (Just maybe XD)

But first..I need to work on hitting those high notes stronger at times..

I don't post here often, but JSM, I recommend NOT doing Koda Kumi - you. I don't think it's a really good song because it doesn't showcase much vocal ability at all - she doesn't go very high, and the low notes aren't that bad.

haha

im still thinking about song

i like the song but since everyone i know is telling me to just pick korean songs so im thinking of all koreans or korean + english

i didnt make decision yet, but thnx

and dun worry...i always have my sensei, oppas and unnies to check if i got the good songs

thnx again

yup

good job

still remember wut i told u

dude...did u record sumthing new yet?

i wanna hear ur voice already haha

i bet u improved gurl

Guest lshluvr

^Of course I remember =D Trying to fix that one part XD

No recording..practicing though! In my room. I can now sing most high notes without it sounding weird..haha..I feel so proud of myself XD

Haha..this is one of my greatest achievements :lol:

Guest K-popMiko

JSM (Soomi) -

I don't think you should sing the following two songs:

Byul - I think I...

and

Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You

Why not I think I..It does now showcase your vocal range or ability besides for the adlibs near the end. It's like what Keiyun said with Koda Kumi's You.

Why not If I Ain't Got You, No offense but with your current vocal ability I don't think you can pull it off because they're gonna judge you pretty hard and with a lot of trainees getting in through that song I think they may know it inside and out. The song goes really low and transition to really high and you have to maintain the strength in your high notes and transitions must be smooth and transitions are hard to smoothen. Pretty much you have to sing the song better or as well as May Doni and it's not that easy [i gave up after the first transition from low to high, it's that hard with a small vocal range and not enough strength in the voice to support my notes. I need to develop my range to even try that song cause I suck].

If you haven't been told this yet, learn the basics and grow into poppin' and maybe into breaking, but I don't think you'll necessarily need to learn how to break though it's fun. Mostly since YG is a hip hop company and I think Lizzie had to master the pop and lock technique to get in.

1st, just call me soomi

u know me, i know u, i prefer u call me "soomi" then my id :P

gahh i already said im not making decision yet -_-

and I.I.A.G.Y.

i actually can pull it off pretty well

i know my own range...i will never try to practice songs that do not fit my voice and range. i dun wanna lose my voice the day after i practice those well-known songs that i can't sing.

im practicing the basic stuff in poppin so yea...

im taking hiphop class this january - im trying to make my mom realize im not going to the clubs if i take sum dance classes -_-

No recording..practicing though! In my room. I can now sing most high notes without it sounding weird..haha..I feel so proud of myself XD

FANTASTIC

im happy for u

hurry up and record

i wanna hear it already

Guest K-popMiko

Ah it may be just me and my expectations =x

My scales are pretty much high and I degrade myself the most.

When you finish recording your demo for YG, I'd love to hear it! =]

Or just any song haha.

Kks ASAP..I promise =)

I need someone telling me to record..and I have one! XD

ima be bugging the heck outa u if i dun recieve any recording from u this month ahahahahahaha

Ah it may be just me and my expectations =x

My scales are pretty much high and I degrade myself the most.

When you finish recording your demo for YG, I'd love to hear it! =]

Or just any song haha.

fo sho

btw, ur myspace pic - super cute ahahaha

spam*

Guest yunakue

O-m-g, you guys are all ready for this and stuff, and look at me TT__TT I'm DOOMMMM, I tell you, DOOMMMM!!!

But, I think I need to put up my dance song up here quickly---oh and my singing, GAHHH~ don't want to think about it.

I am so stress here. But Is there any deadline to all this???

Guest tokyollvogue

But Is there any deadline to all this???

i don't believe there is a deadline...YG for the most part has been an open audition through mail at least. you send whenever.

is anyone else planning to send in their app/demos anytime soon?

i just recorded a couple routines and ...i need to find a good mic to record with. so most likely the end of this month i'll have shipped out a couple things.

i shall post on soundclick as soon as i figure out how everything works.

expect:

I wanna run to you - whitney houston [my voice is shot from running vocal ranges cause of this song :( ]

&

삶의 향기 - T

Guest yunakue

i don't believe there is a deadline...YG for the most part has been an open audition through mail at least. you send whenever.

Thank goodness

^ ah I see thanks =]

then Ill sing something else..

how about these?

Lim Jung hee - sarangahgajima

&

Hero by mariah carey?

lim jeong hee =]] hard choice but do REALLY well on it. good luck on this one

hero is not as hard as other mariah carey songs. but its a pretty song. emotion will probably be a big factor in this song. good luck =]

Im choosing the stuff below to put in my demo

Songs:

Boa - Breath / Love can make a miracle / My prayer

Koda kUmi - You

Byul - I think i

CSJH - My everything / Your smile

Cascada - Everytime we touch

Mandy moore - Only hope

Lena Park - fall in love

Faye wong - eyes on me

Alicia Keys - If i aint got you [i sang this song to my unnie and she loved it a lot so im thinking about it]

Jessica simpson - heart of innocence

Hyori - majimak anja

sum ballads from Chaeyeon & Eugene that i dun remember :P

Forever with you - Bigbang [chorus with background music = WBT]

I wanna do sum songs from the musicals. Those songs are awesome :P

Rapping:

Fort minor - remember the name

YG family - AYO [lexy's parts - ima hafta work 1000x harder than usual]

i need to look for sum more , i like the ones from Girlfriends

Dancing:

2 freestyles - One way [1tym] + Club [bin]

4 choreographs : I got what you need [jackie o] + Tonight's secret [ivy] + this one dance i did [i have it on my myspace] + Play [baby vox]

==================

im looking for a lot more stuff even tho that looks a lot already :P

its always better if u have many options to chose from

i think u have enuff options LOLS.

can i hear u rap? im just wondering what other girls sound like since yea i dont wanna rap and sound like an idiot lols.

question:

so, how many songs are good?

two? or maybe three?

and.. how long should a dance clip be?

just a full song right?

two or three is just fine.

well not a FULL SONG. i recommend maybe one really good one minute dance clip. or maybe two really good one minute long clips just in case they might want to see more =]]

these ppl dont have that much time on their hands so they wouldnt want to go thru anythign too long

For YG, I'm thinking

I'll Be There - Mariah Carey

and

In Dreams - Lena Park (Just maybe XD)

danngggg in dreams =X lols thats a high song. good luck

is anyone else planning to send in their app/demos anytime soon?

i just recorded a couple routines and ...i need to find a good mic to record with. so most likely the end of this month i'll have shipped out a couple things.

i shall post on soundclick as soon as i figure out how everything works.

expect:

I wanna run to you - whitney houston [my voice is shot from running vocal ranges cause of this song :( ]

&

삶의 향기 - T

no deadline.

im sending in mine hopefully before the week of xmas. thats what im aiming for but i hvent been practicing and all im sending in is me singing.

should i send in audio or video clips?

ohhh cant wait to hear you =]]

i think u have enuff options LOLS.

can i hear u rap? im just wondering what other girls sound like since yea i dont wanna rap and sound like an idiot lols.

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

sure u can hear me rap but u gotta need sum yak (medicine)

and u might need to sit on the ground cuz u might fall off the chair

WARNING: i sound worse than crap ahaha

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

sure u can hear me rap but u gotta need sum yak (medicine)

and u might need to sit on the ground cuz u might fall off the chair

WARNING: i sound worse than crap ahaha

hahaha you gotta have confidence.

Guest The Legend

Anyone know if my songs are a good choice? Page..35...but you guys haven't heard me sing or rap yet...soo iono lol oh yeah and I asked these questions on the last page too:

Do you sing/rap acapella or with the instrumental? Do you have to sing/rap the whole song or start whenever you want? And when you rap, will they let you cuss?

Seem like a lot? Heh..^^; my bad if they are but I was just wonderin..

Guest tokyollvogue

Anyone know if my songs are a good choice? Page..35...but you guys haven't heard me sing or rap yet...soo iono lol oh yeah and I asked these questions on the last page too:

Do you sing/rap acapella or with the instrumental? Do you have to sing/rap the whole song or start whenever you want? And when you rap, will they let you cuss?

Seem like a lot? Heh..^^; my bad if they are but I was just wonderin..

i emailed YG and they replied back saying they prefer acapella for your demo. and obviously rap, you should have a beat. if you get through to a second audition they'd like to hear you then sing with an instrumental. for songs, from what i've gathered sing enough to run through a chorus. rap...i suppose it varies. YG doesn't defer cussing but you should know when it seems like you're going overboard.

Guest The Legend

Oh aight aight thanks. I gotta think of another song besides You can't resist cuz Missy's verses alone got a lot of cussing in it..lol but yeah thanks for the info.