YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

oo thanks. :]

i also heard that YG is pretty tough, but

their main look is for dancing. is that true?

nope... they don't just look for dancers... usually they want people who can either sing or rap or both if you can... dancing only if you can... SeungRi from BigBang almost didn't get in cause his vocals wasn't good enough at first for YG but his dancing was really good.. YG told Seung Ri that although his dancing was great, he was looking for singers, which is why he was eliminated at first but he got another chance to prove himself and YG saw that he did improve...

*Gonie

nope... they don't just look for dancers... usually they want people who can either sing or rap or both if you can... dancing only if you can... SeungRi from BigBang almost didn't get in cause his vocals wasn't good enough at first for YG but his dancing was really good.. YG told Seung Ri that although his dancing was great, he was looking for singers, which is why he was eliminated at first but he got another chance to prove himself and YG saw that he did improve...

*Gonie

but then there is a chance you COULD get in if you were a dancer right?

that one trainee, Gong Minji that got in because of her dancing. -.-

*Gonie

but then there is a chance you could get in if you were a dancer right?

i saw in the celeb's photos that one trainee, Gong Minji got in because of her dancing. -.-

ugh, i'm confused. haha

^ yes there is a chance you can get in as a dancer but your first question, you asked if they mainly looked for dancers... i was just answering that one... it also depends on what YG's looking for at the moment... sometimes he may be looking specifically for dancers and other times for singers/rappers, but that doesn't mean he'll overlook you if you have talents..

*Gonie

Yumi - : Only if you`re VERYY talented in dancing.

Gong Minji was only around 12, and for her age she was hecka good.

She had potential for the future, and she was at a young age too, so that`s probably why they picked/scouted her.

Unless you`re around her age and is equally or better in dancing, I suggest praciticing in other areas as well.

They don`t only look for talent. They look at age, potential/skill, and determination&effort for the future.

The mighttt look for looks, but only a teeny bit.

YG has an image of hiphop and R&B..and if you look like you came outta SM or something...err..yeah. :x

You get the picture. (But it`s not gonna affect you majorly)

Yumi - : Only if you`re VERYY talented in dancing.

Gong Minji was only around 12, and for her age she was hecka good.

She had potential for the future, and she was at a young age too, so that`s probably why they picked/scouted her.

Unless you`re around her age and is equally or better in dancing, I suggest praciticing in other areas as well.

They don`t only look for talent. They look at age, potential/skill, and determination&effort for the future.

The mighttt look for looks, but only a teeny bit.

YG has an image of hiphop and R&B..and if you look like you came outta SM or something...err..yeah. :x

You get the picture. (But it`s not gonna affect you majorly)

yea, she is really good. i saw a clip of her.

i'm thirteen right now and i've been dancing forever.. always has been my passion

the only thing standing in the way is SCHOOL. arg

i only recently found out about YG and i'm practicing really hard to send in a tape.

-.-

maybe i should practice singing too..

thanks for helping. :]

yea, she is really good. i saw a clip of her.

i'm thirteen right now and i've been dancing forever.. always has been my passion

the only thing standing in the way is SCHOOL. arg

i only recently found out about YG and i'm practicing really hard to send in a tape.

-.-

maybe i should practice singing too..

thanks for helping. :]

yea

u should do singing too

cuz u know the story of seungri

awesome in hiphop and jazz dancing but didnt sing that great

but then he proved to YG he can do good in singing too

and look at him now :P

hes in BigBang and u know BigBang is getting a lot ot attention :)

Guest yunakue

multi talents is good

it helps you too BUT if you're only do average or bleh in each catergory then that doesnt really do anything

but if you only can do sum

let say u sing and dance only, but you do really really good and that they can see potential in you and you prove to them you will work hard if u have to work on sum more things. that is better than have multi talents.

so u dun have to worry.

they will not ask for perfection because of one reason - no one is perfect

i know many people have said "YG has rejected undeniable talents"

well...u dunno the people that got rejected

they might be really good but sumwhat dont reach the YG requirement

like...they sing, dance and rap really well, but got attitude problems or they believe in themself too much [u know wut i mean by that rite?]...u can get rejected for that too

i have a friend and her cuzin is in YG to train the trainees

and she told me you can get kicked out of YG if u have attitude problems or u dun work hard. so u dun have to worry so much about having multi talents

just do good and work hard on what u can do.

Maybe I can put my dance on the net and show u guys, and please do comment and tell me 'very' honestly, so i can improve.

And I 'think' i can also sing. BUT, i know i still have tp practice more, but I'm fully going for a dancer =)

Thanks for sharing JSM!

Maybe I can put my dance on the net and show u guys, and please do comment and tell me 'very' honestly, so i can improve.

And I 'think' i can also sing. BUT, i know i still have tp practice more, but I'm fully going for a dancer =)

Thanks for sharing JSM!

that's what i'm planning to do too. i just want feedback before auditioning. -.-

Guest purehonesty012

Alot of people from YG get in becauyse their dancing is great. Vocal, is something that anyone can improve in a matter of time, but DANCE is really hard to be AMAZING at. There are alot of amazing singers, but how many are their amazing dancers. not that many. I know, May Doni kim got in brecause of her dancing and so did Gong Min JI. But you do need to know how to sing, i mean they arent going to chose someone who cant stay on tone.

Alot of people from YG get in becauyse their dancing is great. Vocal, is something that anyone can improve in a matter of time, but DANCE is really hard to be AMAZING at. There are alot of amazing singers, but how many are their amazing dancers. not that many. I know, May Doni kim got in brecause of her dancing and so did Gong Min JI. But you do need to know how to sing, i mean they arent going to chose someone who cant stay on tone.

they both are equally hard because dancing isn't something that you can just be great at without practicing but then again, if you work hard, you can be amazing at dancing too.. just like singing..

*Gonie

Thanks for sharing JSM!

no problem

im working on my routines for Relax and Remote control (from Eugene)

it takes a while

i hope my routines wont be too crappy

when you send in a clip of you sining,

the song: does it have to be in korean?

Probably Korean is preferred.

English would go second..

I mean..it is a Korean company. :mellow:

Guest The Legend

Probably Korean is preferred.

English would go second..

I mean..it is a Korean company. :mellow:

Yeah, Korean is preferred...unless you can't speak Korean...because I'm gonna audition but I can't speak it so i'm gonna sing an english song. Buuut, if you can speak it then sing a Korean song.

If you wanna dance too, you have to send in a dance clip too right? So, does it gotta be one you made up, or can it be a routine already did?

Guest yunakue

wow everyones practicing dancing =X dangg.

i was just going to send in singing...

but now you guys are making it even harder LOLS

Same position as me =)

Does anyone know where I can find a good clip of Gong Minji?

For YG, if you were good at dancing that would boost up your chances for getting in?

Are you able to sing 2 songs? One in English and one in Korean.

And for dancing, can you do a fuse of a choreography dance with a group then have it change into a freestyle?

If you wanna dance too, you have to send in a dance clip too right? So, does it gotta be one you made up, or can it be a routine already did?

Yeah. They probably wanna see how well you dance. To your second question, choose one that shows the best of your dancing abilities.

For YG, if you were good at dancing that would boost up your chances for getting in?

And for dancing, can you do a fuse of a choreography dance with a group then have it change into a freestyle?

Yeah. They probably wanna see how well you dance. To your second question, choose one that shows the best of your dancing abilities.

youtube.

if ur dancing skills are above average. and if ur singing skills are pretty good.

u can sing as much as u want but dont sing too much i think 2 or 3 is reasonable.

i dont think it matters. as long as you can show them how well you dance.

Guest MzLauraa

I pmed lizzie a looong time ago about this and tips and stuff and she said singing an english song is a plus that is if its a powerful song and you can sing it well. Like.. if I aint got you by alicia keys or what she sang for yg 'keyshia cole - love'

So to answer your question, yeah you can sing a korean and a english song ;]