YG Entertainment

Guest back-sue

uhh. i have a question about may doni. is she for sure going to debut or is she just one of those trainees that are "famous"?

also, do you have to be good at dancing to get into yg because i have no experience in dancing what so ever, but im interesting in singing.

????

uhh. i have a question about may doni. is she for sure going to debut or is she just one of those trainees that are "famous"?

also, do you have to be good at dancing to get into yg because i have no experience in dancing what so ever, but im interesting in singing.

????

what do you mean by one of those trainee's that are famous? lol

well because of her "if I aint got you" clip. It got her alot of attention. Pretty soon she's going to debut.

and I dont think you need to be good at dancing to get in Yg. If your really talented in singing, rapping, writing songs.. then they'll accept you.

^ well, i didn't mean it in an offensive way :)

i just meant, well, you know how some sm trainees are really well known but we're not sure if they are going to debut. i just wanted to know if may doni is just one of the trainees or if she actually has a debut date set. because when jang ri in got into sm lsm knew that she was going to debut and they trained her because they had a plan for her. i was just wondering if that is how may doni is?

and thank you for answering my question!

i just meant, well, you know how some sm trainees are really well known but we're not sure if they are going to debut. i just wanted to know if may doni is just one of the trainees or if she actually has a debut date set. because when jang ri in got into sm lsm knew that she was going to debut and they trained her because they had a plan for her. i was just wondering if that is how may doni is?

smtown trainees like stella, stephanie, jessica...those famous one

i was told that they have been in smtown for a long time

and i dunno why they're so famous hahaha

may doni kim is a famous trainee from YG becuz how YG posted a clip of her singing on their site

she also got that clip on youtube. thats just why she's a well-known trainee

but im sure if she keep improving during her training time she will debut in a near future

and I dont think you need to be good at dancing to get in Yg. If your really talented in singing, rapping, writing songs.. then they'll accept you.

dancing does matter for YG family

u know how Lee Seung Hyun [aka seungri from bigbang] werent that great at singing but hes so good at dancing?

he dances hiphop but not the way YG wanted. but hes also really good at jazz and he proved to YG he can sing as well and he can do it.

thats how he got in.

if u watched may doni kim's dance on youtube, shes pretty good for a 15 yrs old. and Gong Min Ji dances really well too

i didnt see any clip of her singing but shes a trainee in YG and she dances really well

^ that makes me depressed..... :(

but thanks for that information anyway. yeah i did see may doni dance and she's not that great at freestyling. whole lot of butt shaking in that clip..(not sure if it was freetstyling or not, but the butt shaking wasn't all tha t creative.

I think I have to practise opening my mouth to sing. And just practise and practise. Hope I'll get it right soon (Probably next year... I hope..) before I audition. I could not find ways to make the adilb strong. I tried so many times. It couldnt work. 0_0 I'll work on emotion as well. It takes time. --''

I sing sort of loud. Because if I sing when my parents are around, they can hear me from the kitchen (And I'm in the living room or in my room). Yeah.

The song is by Dana (SM).

Thanks for reviewing. <3

ohhh dana =] well her voice is similar to how ur voice sounds just a little less high lols.

wow ur 17 =OO u sounded really really young~ well practice = close to perfection so go for it <3

lol thanks.

How do you sing with your stomach instead of your throat? Because I can't tell the difference. When you use your stomach, you use your diaphram right? That's like the only thing i know.

lols um when u use ur stomach... ur throat doesnt get sore as quickly and as easily.

and when u sing high notes it doesnt sound so strained. when singing with the throat it sounds more... coarse? and rough. haha i suck at explaining.

just curious.

on the application that jsm posted, there's a section for education.

what do they want you to put there?

o.O

hmm... im guessing grade... but maybe any education in singing or dancing? lols... dunno =X

????

no u dont have to be good at dancing. just looking at big bang and seven then yes, but overall yg doesnt have all great dancers as singers. for ex. 1tym, jinusean, sugarless/moogadang, stony skunk, soulstar, wanted (well no longer there but when they were_), gumy, and big mama. (some are mboat artists but considered yg still) they arent good/great at dancing but they're in yg. if they want and/or see potential in u, they'll probably train u in dancing as well, but if not im guessing they'll concentrate on ur singing abilities. being a great dancer is not a requirement.

^ well, i didn't mean it in an offensive way :)

and thank you for answering my question!

im guessing they have a plan for her because they made her known to the world. if they hadnt already planned somethign out to some extent.. i dont think they wouldve bothered with showing her. why would they want her to be known when they have other trainees too? why her out of them?

its kinda like big bang in a way. they released training vids of them since they were going to debut and to show the world what sorts of talents they had. etc etc.

smtown trainees like stella, stephanie, jessica...those famous one

i was told that they have been in smtown for a long time

and i dunno why they're so famous hahaha

they're famous because SM wants them to be known so that people will know who they are when they debut. publicity before fame i guess.

but thanks for that information anyway. yeah i did see may doni dance and she's not that great at freestyling. whole lot of butt shaking in that clip..(not sure if it was freetstyling or not, but the butt shaking wasn't all tha t creative.

but she dances good for her age

Gong Min Ji is better at dancing

at least to me :P

on the application that jsm posted, there's a section for education.

what do they want you to put there?

if im u, i would put my skool and grade :)

for ex. 1tym, jinusean, gumy, and big mama. they arent good at dancing but they're in yg

danny can dance :P

jinusean just rap, so they dun dance. i never saw them dance b4. if they do...tsk tsk tsk shame on me :P

gummy and bigmama sing ballad and r&b, i dun think they need dancing for that and their voice is AMAZING...

so yea...but since ur young and if u wanna make it BIG, i think its really an advantage if u dance well

How do you sing with your stomach instead of your throat? Because I can't tell the difference. When you use your stomach, you use your diaphram right? That's like the only thing i know.

i wanna know too

that will help me A LOT on improving my singing skill

:P

i improved a lot compare to last yr and 2 months ago

but i still need to improve more

u know how Lee Seung Hyun [aka seungri from bigbang] werent that great at singing but hes so good at dancing?

he dances hiphop but not the way YG wanted. but hes also really good at jazz and he proved to YG he can sing as well and he can do it.

thats how he got in.

if u watched may doni kim's dance on youtube, shes pretty good for a 15 yrs old. and Gong Min Ji dances really well too

i didnt see any clip of her singing but shes a trainee in YG and she dances really well

Actually, I`m pretty sure May Doni was a trainee during that dancing clip, so I assume she was trained for dancing.

Anyway, you should have at least a little dancing background..

Or be able to at least do some dance moves...

Take some dance classes. =D

But if you`re REALLLLLY good at singing, songwriting, rapping, etc. I`m sure they might consider to take you in..

I don`t know if they will actually take you in..

YG loves muti-talented people :x

I`m sure that they`ll train you if you can`t dance that well. o_o;

anyway XD

I have a question! O0O

Is it impressive to YG if you play any instruments? lmao

I`ve played piano for almost 8 years. :x I`m 13 lmao and violin for 3 years.

Will they be impressed by that? >_>;;;

Cause I don`t know if it matters that much...o-o;

....-runs off-

Guest yeahjusmeh

thats how he got in.

are you serious? :o

I cant dance for anything haha I suck.

what about lizzie, does she know how to dance?

anyways I guess I gotta go practice dancing T__T

are you serious?

I cant dance for anything haha I suck.

what about lizzie, does she know how to dance?

anyways I guess I gotta go practice dancing T__T

yes she does

she danced to Passion from Se7en and she got in Brosent

along with her amazing voice :P

I have a question! O0O

Is it impressive to YG if you play any instruments? lmao

I`ve played piano for almost 8 years. :x I`m 13 lmao and violin for 3 years.

Will they be impressed by that? >_>;;;

Cause I don`t know if it matters that much...o-o;

im not sure if they will be impressed by that

but im sure they would love u if i can play sum instrumental :)

Anyway, you should have at least a little dancing background..

Or be able to at least do some dance moves...

Take some dance classes. =D

its better if u can dance a bit

cuz ur young and ur not gonna sing ballad or rnb thw whole time like gummy or big mama

so yea...

i dun think they would expect gurl to be good at rapping but since YG is all about rapping and hiphop...so if ur a gurl and u can rap well im sure they will like it too

Guest bishie_bashie

Just a quick question,,,

When you send in your songs for auditions, must you sing acapella, or sing along with the original singer/music?`

Guest Lizzie_bo_bizzy

^ Acappella is better, you can sing with an instrumental too~

Tip: when you audition through video dont read lyrics off a paper while singing, you have to memorize the whole song then stare directly at the camera and show confidence.

Tip #2: If your dancing, make up your own routine. Dont copy the original artist's moves~ thats not right..

Fact: you can be any race as long as you have talent.

Spark*! I listened to your clips, I'll pm you tomorrow about it~

JSM: soomi ~ Im leaving tomorrow, have a good thanksgiving, k?<3

--

If you PM me, dont think I get annoyed. I like helping ~

Happy thanksgiving everyone<3 we are all yg family here.

Tip: when you audition through video dont read lyrics off a paper while singing, you have to memorize the whole song then stare directly at the camera and show confidence.

Tip #2: If your dancing, make up your own routine. Dont copy the original artist's moves~ thats not right..

tip #1 and #2 are what im doing right now

i never ever record a song lookin at the lyrics :)

about the fact = thats what i love about YG :P

aw

thnx so muchies :)

Have a good thanksgiving yourself :)

talk to you sooooooon

do good at the concert~

<3.

--

Awe, wonderful tips Lizzie <3 thank you =3

Those last lines are really heartwarming. >3<

Guest yongwonhi

...I wish I could even audition. Haha, maybe 3 years later.. when I'm old -_- and when I learn how to dance/sing. :X

Anyway, good luck to everyone!! ^^;

And, bishie_bashie: you have a very cute voice xP I think you should try singing more of a ballad/R&B song, maybe?

Guest bishie_bashie

--

Thanks Lizzie for answering the question! Happy Thanksgiving! <3

And, bishie_bashie: you have a very cute voice xP I think you should try singing more of a ballad/R&B song, maybe?

Thanks for your comments!

Btw. What kind of songs are considered Ballad/RnB?

Guest CutieGirl303

wow thanxxx for da tip hehe~

ahhhh but now i feel like i cant get into yg cuz i cant sing for my life and i cant create dance moves >.<

hmm but would it be okie if i hmm how would i explain this umm like if i was dancing to boa-moto can i use her orginal moves???

but would it be okie if i hmm how would i explain this umm like if i was dancing to boa-moto can i use her orginal moves???

well Lizzie got in brosent dancing to Passion - se7en org. moves

but as for YG i say its waaaaaaaaaaaaay better if u make ur own moves

its actually not that hard. :P

watch a bunch of dances. memorize the moves u like then add sumthing to it...

i watch them and get an idea of what moves i like and i create my own...:P