[Current Daily Drama 2016] The Unusual Family 별난 가족 - Monday to Friday 20:25

hipeachi

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@0ly40 and @dhillaxoxo  Again I am no expert in the Korean Language:sweatingbullets:...but I think DT went to see DY for the last time to reconfirm her feelings for him and her stand on their relationship. DT told DY he understands how hard it has been for her and asked her if she has a change of heart/ her feelings for him has changed. When she answered yes, DT told her he is going to give up on her for the sake of her happiness.

Hullo Soompians, Very early on, I wrote about expecting the saintly, passive, unbelievably loyal female of daily shows such as DY to do something characteristically stupid, that is giving up her love for someone. A few days ago, I sneaked in to see if it is ending, lo and behold I found out DY had made 'that' stupid decision.

Die, die DY and long live SW :D, that crossed my mind. I am tired of rooting for a loser.  Just kill her, and turn her into Mother Teresa, can't we please? Pretty please. :P 

(Rofl) Sorry you brave, wonderful forummers. You knew I was just kidding. Right?  I am against all kinds of violence.

2 hours ago, dhillaxoxo said:

What dongtak say to danyi at the end of episode 116?

I would like to know korean for understand what DT say to DY. Maybe they will have a boss/employee rellationship from now, and DY just  cry and cry while her man goes to another arms. 

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

Hullo Soompians, Very early on, I wrote about expecting the saintly, passive, unbelievably loyal female of daily shows such as DY to do something characteristically stupid, that is giving up her love for someone. A few days ago, I sneaked in to see if it is ending, lo and behold I found out DY had made 'that' stupid decision.

Die, die DY and long live SW :D, that crossed my mind. I am tired of rooting for a loser.  Just kill her, and turn her into Mother Teresa, can't we please? Pretty please. :P 

(Rofl) Sorry you brave, wonderful forummers. You knew I was just kidding. Right?  I am against all kinds of violence.

Nice for you to drop by @maribella! Of course we know you are kidding:). I understand the sentiments and frustrations behind your post...I have never felt so dejected in my life just from watching a drama! DY is still fickle and I think she hopes that DT will continue to come and beg/convince her to return to him despite what has happened between them.

24 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

Nice for you to drop by @maribella! Of course we know you are kidding:). I understand the sentiments and frustrations behind your post...I have never felt so dejected in my life just from watching a drama! DY is still fickle and I think she hopes that DT will continue to come and beg/convince her to return to him despite what has happened between them.

She broke off with him and she's hoping......:lol: Good lord. She is still working for Bonjour? She still sees him and gives that hang dog expression whenever the snake insults her? She is so stupid.

I am out of here before one puts a price on my head.:rolleyes:

See you in a few weeks. Happy hump day.

Just watched one of the clips...why did DY look surprised when DT traveled all the way to see her (she had initially refused his offer to meet up) at JMR to tell her he is going to give up on her? Has she also become delusional and expects DT to stay loyal, true and focused on her only for the rest of his life despite being the one who instigated the breakup? I guess it's becoming quite a chore for DT too for DY to expect him to come begging and running after her each time she quits...first her job and now their relationship. He must think he is giving up on her for good as that is what she wants and by doing so, will make her happy and free. Women! DY is saying things she doesn't mean.

3 minutes ago, maribella said:

She broke off with him and she's hoping......:lol: Good lord. She is still working for Bonjour? She still sees him and gives that hang dog expression whenever the snake insults her? She is so stupid.

I am out of here before one puts a price on my head.:rolleyes:

See you in a few weeks. Happy hump day.

Perhaps DY enjoys being chased around and getting all the attention from DT each time she quits something. It might become too awkward for her to continue working in the same company as DT, YJ, SW, JR, the Gossip Duo and Mr. Han, after the official breakup with DT.

Well, DY's 'strict' and abusive upbringing has ingrained within her a low self esteem and 'submissive' nature. It is unlikely she would change overnight and learn to stand up and face SW and the rest of her 'bullies'. I have to agree with @desertflower that SA should also stop coddling DY. DY needs to wake up and grow a backbone to beat the odds in front of her on her own. Nobody can help her unless she starts learning to help herself first.

Do drop by again when you can @maribella!

lol, I am just  laughing  here. told  you all it is a  comedy mix with some  drama.lol.

DY crying and all  her  tears is  collected  by her chin, where it  goes drip drop...

well DY did break it off  with  DT, why the long  face when he came to  see her,and  as  1 poster said, he  told  DY he is letting her  go..  sometimes    I  wonder  who will marry  DY ... 

lol @sk0317 does this mean   DY is  joining the   ranks of JS/HR cause  they  both also ask for a  divorce ,thinking they  will  scare the man  into  passion towards  them.lolol

DT: That night I slept over at Se Ra-shi’s house, truthfully, I don’t remember what happened.

SW: Director doesn’t have to love me. 

KC: Thank you, Gong Ju. Being here can’t be easy for you.

Brat: Dad. What are you doing?

YJ: So, as soon as you separate from Kang Dan Yi-shi, you act like that with Lee Se Ra-shi. Shouldn’t you have some manners at least?

JR: Kang Dan Yi-shi, doesn’t it make you uncomfortable to see Director Sul? Shouldn’t you make a choice now?

DY: Are you telling me to submit my resignation?

The final conversation between DT and DY since it seems a few people on this thread were curious about it.

DY: What is it?

DT: This morning, I showed you that kind of visage. I’m embarrassed, Dan Yi-ah.

DY: I told you already. That you have no reason to say such things to me.

DT: Okay. While meeting you, I only made things hard for you, so what could I have to say. Still, I thought that with time, I believed I could make you happy. You said your heart had changed towards me. 

DY: Yes, that’s right.

DT: Dan Yi-ah, I will give you up. 

Chingus, if you have not watched the short clips or raw episode, fret not, you have not missed any thing. It was excruciating to watch and I had to skip all SW scenes, even if DY and DT were in them.

I did like the talk SA and DY had. I teared up a little when DY told SA that she has been like a mother to her. My translation could be off, but I think I got the gist of it.

@sk0317 I feel the exact same way! Should we be concerned that a silly drama like this has so much effect on us?

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

DT: That night I slept over at Se Ra-shi’s house, truthfully, I don’t remember what happened.

YJ: So, as soon as you separate from Kang Dan Yi-shi, you act like that with Lee Se Ra-shi. Shouldn’t you have some manners at least?

JR: Kang Dan Yi-shi, doesn’t it make you uncomfortable to see Director Sul? Shouldn’t you make a choice now?

@stroppyse Many thanks for the translation on the preview:).

Although YJ broke off his engagement to DY to marry HR, I agree with what he has said although the bedroom scene was staged. DT should have laid low for a while and not made himself vulnerable by drowning his sorrows in alcohol and thus making himself an easy target for SW's manipulation.

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thank you for the translation :)

YJ really has no shame! The same could be asked of him. He was the one who got married immediately after breaking up with DY

7 minutes ago, sgfan said:

YJ really has no shame! The same could be asked of him. He was the one who got married immediately after breaking up with DY

lol  yeah,  YJ preaching like he is an  angel.lol     he is the  worst, practice what you  preach. bit late for that  now..

met  some  people  like  that  . when i  was  19, went for a  walk  with my  son, met  an  elderly lady  sitting on a  bench  smoking.  we  started  to  talk,    she was  telling  me  about  her  travels,life and so on, then she said, you must never   never  ever  smoke cigs. Oh, I  said  I don't  smoke.  good  girl she  said, while she  puffs away on  her maybe  10th cig.

25 minutes ago, sk0317 said:

@stroppyse Many thanks for the translation on the preview:).

Although YJ broke off his engagement to DY to marry HR, I agree with what he has said although the bedroom scene was staged. DT should have laid low for a while and not made himself vulnerable by drowning his sorrows in alcohol and thus making himself an easy target for SW's manipulation.

I'm with the "DT should go get himself a clue" camp. It's because he's an unsuspecting dolt that he didn't see this happening. Or rather because the writers have made him into a blithering idiot. As of right now, I think that DT deserves SW. Anyone that stupid needs a b***h to tell him what to do and how to put his freaking pants on. And, even better, JR deserves to have the DIL that she schemed and pushed so hard for and to have it in her face that her new DIL is the daughter of the woman who "stole" her husband away, so now she can be in-laws with her ex-husband and his new wife. So, I guess that would make MS an in-law with himself as well. Stupid people who apparently have all that money, but no brains.

Also, even just while translating the preview, I was so fed up with DY. I really don't understand why she needs JR to push her into giving her resignation now. I mean, it is a job, and those are precious, but she had gone on and on about being able to bring local farm products to the home shopping market. Well, now with DT decamped and busy having to deal with fallout, there is no one left to bring these products to market anyway. So, DY is just at Bonjour for the joy of being harassed by JR, SW, and YJ, plus watching her lover that she had pushed away tormented into becoming a hen pecked husband about to face screaming frenzies as the various parents are revealed? So absurd.

17 minutes ago, sgfan said:

@anbud and @sgfan I agree. As the saying goes, 'Remember, when you point a finger at someone, there are three more pointing back at you'.:)

It's kind of strange but I thought YJ was a d-bag when he ruthlessly broke up with DY for the sake of money and power. Although he is still a 'baddie' in this drama, I see him as possibly our only ticket to put JR in her place. So I don't hate on him as much as before... :sweatingbullets:.

Archived