[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

My day 1 in soompi forum ...just because of W n our honey couple LJS & HHJ..i really hope there will be back 2 back episodes this week. Cudnt imagine how devastatiing it is if they cancel the show..n have to wait till next week for my weekly dosage of happiness..yes..W is one of those happiness pills to me at the moment..#hopeMBChassomemercy #pleasedonotcancelW #needtotakemyweeklydosageofWpillsformyhappyheart

• Like 9

META
Beans of Wisdom: What’s our setup?
by DB Staff | August 6, 2016 | 18 Comments

read: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/beans-of-wisdom-whats-our-setup/

Dexterinthelaboratory takes a page out of W’s book in “Age of Youth: Episode 4” comment #13:

If this was a comic, I would totally go in and beat up Ye Eun’s richard simmons of a boyfriend, warn Eun Jae that sparkly boys are pure trouble and possibly vampires, dance with Ji Won until she forgets her lack of boyfriends issue and promise her that we will marry Incase we are still single when we are forty and give a bear hug to Jin Myung and Hermiome’s time Turner to get through life and college.
I will be the key to their life.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love the use of W' cocept or world in people's comments!! :D

deathbychocolate writes in “W–Two Worlds: Episode 5” comment #85:

Some things this show reminds us, beanies:

1. Never, ever leave a guy alone who just step out of a manhwa, who’s actually there to say goodbye and just gave you a heart-attack inducing kiss.
2. Never, ever argue and do fanwars with your boss. It can greatly affect your professional life. Ship your OTP in the confines of your mind, your room or here in Dramabeans anonymously.
3. Never, ever provoke a guy with a gun. 100% sure nothing good will come out of it.
4. And last but not the least, if you’re a writer planning to write a fiction. BEWARE! Always, always have an end in mind for your story, make sure to cover plot holes and establish your characters clearly. You never know, you may wake up one day in an interrogation room, having to explain your thought process. Be prepared. Bring supporting documents. Your life may depend on it.

While in the same post, Tai asks in #7.2.2.1:

why do i get the feeling the drama writer has had elaborate revenge fantasies about murdering lazy writers who ruined her favorite fictional stories? i mean…it was so awfully specific…

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that may be the case!! that's quiet a smart way to have my revenge if I was a writer!! :lol:

JRose is concerned about someone else in “W–Two Worlds: Episode 6” comment #2.2.3:

If you think about it, does that mean that the money he paid for the manhwa books vanished from the cash register/safe? I’d be a very flustered employee of that happened to me.

angieya:

Lol that’s what I was thinking as well, somebody’s going to be pissed that couple hundred $ are missing. 

ina

Lol! That was exactly what I was thinking! Like OMG…I don’t want to be that cashier for that night.

I forgot about the money!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it would be really bad if it disapeared!! :lol:

theravennest writes in comment #60:

People are a bit angry over Kang Chul’s darkness (shooting Yeon Joo and her father) but in my opinion that darkness and that rage are what elevate his character out of his trope-y manhwa existence and into “real life.”

I feel like people are expecting the hero his manhwa profile outlines but in actuality the very nature of the drama’s story requires that he buck that hero label.

Usually hero stories involve good people struggling to do what’s right while resisting the urge to do evil. For anti-hero stories, people are doing bad for good reasons or doing good for selfish reasons and sometimes they even end up on a redemption arc. Kang Chul is far closer to the anti-hero side of things. Especially the selfishness aspect. His need to distinguish himself from the page regardless of what that means for others (those locked in stasis in the manhwa, Daddy richard simmons’s life, etc.) is at the heart of his journey to existence.

Kang Chul is in a “meta state,” shall we say. He is fighting for his right to exist, for free will and autonomy, outside of the page. That means rejecting what has been preordained by his creators, Daddy richard simmons and Yeon Joo as it turns out. Yet, because he was originally written to be a tragic but good and perfect hero trope, breaking free of those controlling him means doing unexpectedly cold and cruel things…for now. In addition, he’s also struggling to reject the label of “monster” that Daddy richard simmons has given him now that Kang Chul is sentient.

It’s easy to see how negative the dad’s creative control is but I think Yeon Joo’s, while kinder, is just as detrimental on an existential level as it means Kang Chul still has not achieved real autonomy.

Ultimately, I think Kang Chul taking control of his own narrative and becoming truly real means breaking free of both Daddy richard simmons and Yeon Joo.

It’ll be interesting to see where they take Kang Chul during his journey. Can he break free from his creators? How? Will he find a middle ground between acquiescence to the kindness his manhwa profile says he is to have and the cruelty his existential rage awakens within him?

I'm sure I'm not one of the angry people!! :D though Kang Cheol did shoot Seon Moo he still had the good nature in him to feel regret and pain from what he did, tell Bong Soo that Seong Moo can be saved if he calls the ambulance (as in snap out of it and act if you want to save him) and punished himself for comiting murder, though we know he didn't kill anyone!!

I don't see Yeon Joo controling him, nor can her father any more, I see her helping him and becoming part of his life which makes her some kind of influence on him and that applies to all of us!! all of us are influenced or even controled by our relationships at some level which is natural and mutuel!!

In today’s “Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching,” Kestrel noted in comment #4:

Pretty sure Kang chul was resurrected by yeon Joo’s desperation to get out of her blind date…

Tai:

HAHA. I also like the theory that KC was ready to die and float around in a watery limbo for eternity until he found out that Yeon Joo was going on blind dates XD (it helps that she thought of him right away. awww)

And in “W–Two Worlds: Episode 5” comment #113, deathbychocolate asks:

Now, might be also a good time to question my existence. Why am I here? What am I created for?

Lord Cobol answers:

As David Letterman said many years ago, in a promo/teaser for his show
“I believe everyone was put on this earth for a purpose. Perhaps yours is to watch television”.

Now that’s a setup that makes sense to us!

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

@i.am.bugz.funny where are you chingu?!! I hope you're fine, we missed you here!! :D 

• Like 16

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I'm sorry for the bad news but I think I need to chare it and I don't know how much it will affect W's airing in china if that will hapen or not!!

Hide contents

Korean Stars Get Blacklisted in China Due to Sino-Korean Beef Over THAAD Deployment

Posted on August 6, 2016 by ockoala

unsa2.jpg

Things are not well in Sino-Korean political relations and the first big casualty is the spread of Hallyu. Due to the Chinese government being disgruntled that the South Korean government is installing THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) to protect itself against mainly the threat that is crazy sibling North Korea, there is now a reported ban on all Korean entertainer promotions in China. That includes airing of upcoming dramas, promotions by K-stars on Chinese entertainment shows, and casting of Korean actors and actresses in upcoming dramas or films. Song Joong Ki supposedly lost a huge pay day to do a period C-drama, and Yoo In Na finished filming a C-drama and may have her scenes and roles swapped out. A bunch of recent C-dramas starring K-stars wrapped filming this year and now will not get the regulatory approval or an airing time slot on network or streaming portal. Yikes!

unsa1.jpg

unsa.jpg I read in the comments that Lee Jong Seok's drama is the 1st name in the list of the reported ban made by China gouvernement!! and I don't know what's about W since we heard about broadcating it while it's still not fully pre-produced but did they buy its rights?!! and will they just stop all dramas or movies or events related to the Korean stars in the list after spending much money in producing collaborate dramas/movies with these korean stars?!!

"neocinee " translated some names in the list that she/he recognised: "They are Lee Jong Suk, Ji Chang Wook, Rain, Yoo In Na, Krystal, Jang Hyuk, Park Min Young, Goo Hye Sun, Go Jun Hee, Kim Tae Hwan, Choo Ja Hyun, Joo Won, Lee Seung Hyun, Jung Il Woo, Joo Jin Mo, Chae Rim, Lee Da Hye, Lee Tae Hwan, Choi Ji Woo, Han Chae Young, Choi Siwon, Kim Tae Hee, Jang Na Ra, Jang Dong Gun, Park Hae Jin, Kangta, and Han Ji Suk."

I hate politics and it would be a miracle if I managed to understand the politiciens one day!! what does politics have to do with intertainment industry and why link them together?!! 

Don't care about Chinese ban cause it's protect policy is unreasonably 

China is banning foreign everything when people interesting worldwide and can pay high cost for consumption.

I care about Korea viewers more than Chinese viewers 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, jeijei said:

Guys, it's canceled because of this:

Hide contents

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if Kang Cheol is there then I'll watch the olympics for the 1st time in over 15 years or maybe even more!! :lol: 

47 minutes ago, serhine said:

We have the exact same favorites! (If those are your favorites.)

Anyway, is the episode 7 not airing next week? I thought that was confirmed? That we'll get 1 ep next week. T.T

I read it was comfirmed we will have only one episode this week!! I'll be depressed if we won't have any episode this week!! :tears: 

55 minutes ago, lovely_skham said:

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND!  

LJS & HHJ are filming....... wedding scene?.......

I'll die if that's true!! only thinking of it makes me swooning like a crazy!! :love: :love: :love: 

maybe they wanted to be prived and secretive?!! though that biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig lemosine doesn't say so!!

17 minutes ago, e2girl2703 said:

ohh!! they reached epsode 12?!! it feels like the drama is about to end though we still didn't reach the midle of it yet but seeing the scripts gives me that feeling!! 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, ChoieunmiK said:

I know but it's sad for both stars and fans in china since knowing you have fans that you can't reach like you used to is sad and fans won't be able to watch and show their love for their stars as they used to!! plus there is many stars who had movies/dramas with china and it got concelled which means as if all their hard work was meaningless which is not a great feeling when you put your everything in your work and goes innoticed back to the shelves!! that without talking about stars who most of their work is with China!! that would be too bad for them!!

• Like 5

On 8/7/2016 at 11:10 AM, jeijei said:

Guys, it's canceled because of this:

Mod edit: Do not quote pictures.

Chingu,I kinda got scared...with your caption

Dear Chingu @sakura2016 i love every single part of your long post (didnt quote it anymore.sorry)..i remembered my mom's reaction when she saw me laughing while reading those exact comments (and more) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, irenetan said:

looks like they are really getting married!! what do I do ? what do I do?!! :love::love::love: 

how can I go to sleep now?!! I'll dream of the wedding I think now!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good night/morning/evenning everyone, see you soon!! :D off to dream of my OTP's wedding!! :P 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

looks like they are really getting married!! what do I do ? what do I do?!! :love::love::love: 

how can I go to sleep now?!! I'll dream of the wedding I think now!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good night/morning/evenning everyone, see you soon!! :D off to dream of my OTP's wedding!! :P 

Yea, it seems so. I'm glad that they're married in the early drama ep. We can have lots of intimate scenes from there on! :wub:

• Like 12

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

:heart::heart::heart:

Hangangriver BTS

credit to W fb

The way they film the suicide attempt is pettry dangerous, LJS did it himself, he hangs on that wire, he didnt use stuntman... great, we can get the scenes perfectly good, except the part of suicide thing.

@stargazer187  Wow!  LJS is so brave - thanks a munchie for the Hangangriver BTS !

11 hours ago, lovely_skham said:

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND!  

LJS & HHJ are filming....... wedding scene?.......

:w00t::w00t::w00t:WEDDING SCENE?!! WOW! writer-nim, thanks.saranghae.:P hehe..in advance, if it's true wedding scene exist..haha..:blush:

EDITED: SORRY. SO,ITS CONFIRMED...THEY ARE SHOOTING FOR PARTY. NOT WEDDING.HEHE..:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5