[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

Actress Han Hyo Joo and actor Lee Jong Suk attend press conference for their upcoming drama 'W'

f9006bc9d201e850e5e0b9fa1569a870_1468828

Upcoming MBC drama 'W' held a press conference this afternoon. The cast of this drama including actress Han Hyo Joo, and actor Lee Jong Suk attended this event. Joo. Jong Suk will play the male lead named Kang Chul, who is CEO of a venture capital firm. Hyo Joo will star in this drama in the  role of heart surgeon, Oh Yeon Joo.

full article here:http://www1.korea.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=DRAMA&wr_id=1093

• Like 4

@Rania Zeid I took Nine as an example because the W's screenwriter also wrote Nine (which is my all time favorite drama). I do wish tvN picked up this drama instead of MBC. I do hope it does exceedingly well though! 

Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is going to be a HIT.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Will Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo's "W" overtake "Uncontrollably Fond" Suzy and Kim Woo-bin?

Youth stars Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo ae eyeing Wednesday and Thursday peak.

While "Lucky Romance" starring Hwang Jeong-eum and Ryu Jun-yeol ended in third place recently, many people are awaiting the highly hyped "W". The leading drama at the moment is "Uncontrollably Fond" starring Kim Woo-bin and Suzy. It is very possible for "W" to rebound.

"W" is written by Song Jae-jeong and directed by Jeong Dae-yoon.

Song is famous for his unique selection of genre and he is doing the same again. "W" is a romantic suspense melodrama that goes back and forth reality and fantasy.

Yeon-joo lives in the reality world and Kang Cheol lives in the fantasy. The story starts with imaginations such as, "What if a woman falls into the web-toon world and falls in love with the male character?", "What if she realizes that she's meant to be the leading character of a famous comic?" and "What if a character from a comic comes alive and leaves the hands of the artist?"

At the premiere of the drama on the 18th, director Jeong said, "I planned on making this drama mostly pre-produced and we have completed 8 episodes. There is imagination that no other drama has presented before. It was hard but it was worth a try".

He continued, "There's a lot to prepare and many parts of the drama required after-touches so not all of it could be made ahead of time. We referred to various resources like dramas and movies".

There are some parts which might be tough for the viewers to understand. Jeong said, "The imagination itself is unique and nothing like this has been seen before in Korea. I am worried how the public might accept this".

Jeong added, "Genre dramas are becoming popular and I standardized the colors in reality and the web-toon to let the viewers understand better. The parts of Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo are important as well and they have done a good job so far".

The drama is expected to be an MBC savior. Director Jeong hopes the first episode brings it up to 24.2%.

Lee Jong-suk is back with "W" since "Pinocchio" as a former gold medalist and current venture entrepreneur named Kang Cheol.

Lee Jong-suk said, "Anyone would have wanted to be in this drama. It's not like any drama you'll meet again". About his character he said, "I don't think he's different in reality nor fantasy. Visual is important so I am taking care to wear the right clothes.

About his best friend Kim Woo-bin's "Uncontrollably Fond", Lee Jong-suk said, "Kim asked me to be in his drama for a special appearance but that fell through because "W" is broadcasting at the same time".

The chemistry between Lee Jong-suk and Han Hyo-joo who is two years older than him, is interesting. He said, "When I first saw Han Hyo-joo, she was fair, long and pretty. She's a couple years older than me but we are the same age in the drama".

Han Hyo-joo takes on the role of a second-year resident doctor named Oh Yeon-joo. She is back for the first time in 6 years since "Dong Yi" in 2010.

Han Hyo-joo said, "It's been a while since I've been in a drama and I think it's a great one. I can't wait to see the next script".

"I wanted to try something dramatic and "W" is a dream come true for me. I feel pressure because it's been a while since I've been in a drama. I haven't been able to sleep for a few days now".

About her first impression of Lee Jong-suk, she said, "He was fair, long and had a good voice. He is perfect in the drama. He's good looking, sexy, rich and well-mannered".

"There are so many kiss scenes with him. I cut my hair to make myself look younger and I am very charming to Lee Jong-suk".

About Suzy, Han says she never thought of her as a rival.

"I think society instigates rivalry. It's more important what kind of drama we are making. I am more concerned about what they say about me and not about others. It's also important to enjoy this drama as an actress".

Yeon-joo's father and web-toon artist Oh Seong-moo is played by Kim Ee-seong and Park Won-sang is Han Cheol-ho, a PA. Other casts are Lee Tae-hwan, Eugene Jung, Lee Si-eon and others.

The drama can be seen on the 20th at 10PM.

http://www.hancinema.net/will-lee-jong-suk-and-han-hyo-joo-s-w-overtake-uncontrollably-fond-suzy-and-kim-woo-bin--96813.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

this is the kind of article titles I hate the most!! 

I'm so excited to see where the drama will take us!! it's full of fantasy and suspence and that's interesting and compelling!! it can be risky but there is no big win without big risk!! lets hope the best for the drama as much as they worked hard to make it and presented to us and that they'll reseave as much love in return!!

now they brought Suzy into this rivaly nonsens?!! I love how Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Seok answered these kind of useless questions!!

8 hours ago, moomooz said:

SOOO HAPPPY TO SEEEEE THAT LJS HAS POSTED WITH HHJ on his Instagram!!! 

on the rooftop again?!! what is behind all these scenes on the rooftop?!!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, ayleeannn said:

@Rania Zeid I took Nine as an example because the W's screenwriter also wrote Nine (which is my all time favorite drama). I do wish tvN picked up this drama instead of MBC. I do hope it does exceedingly well though! 

how will you rate the witer style of writing a story? from 1to 10... I haven't watched any of his works... so I have no idea how good W will be? but I'm putting my trust to writer-nim... this will be good...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

thank you for your hardwork... we'll be waiting until you post full translation...thank you again...oooohhh so lucky we have you here... 2iur 60 + Super cute dog girl chat emoji gifs images are downloaded dog emoticons dog emoji

thank you :) but the 2nd part is not frm mine actually. there are some delicated JS noonafans @ tumblr who usually translate Jong Suk stuffs such as interview, long preview (like this time) like hitoritabi and amyhsk. kkk wait for them, i think they ll finish it by tmr! 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, ayleeannn said:

yess let's doo thatt 24 hrs lefftttttttt... oh Goddd i have mixed of diff feelings inside me hahaahha

• Like 4

hello everyone! ^_^ it's my 1st time here on this thread. i love how unique the storyline is!  :wub: and that alone had me anticipating this drama like crazy! and i'm not yet mention how i freaking love LJS! hahaha :D i know he gonna slay this! and i never know HHJ before but i'm glad i get to know her in this drama. she's such a bae! i'm looking forward to see more of her and i'm now a fan of her!  :wub: 

anyway, i've just watch the long trailer and all i got to said is that it's so freaking awesome! it's so intense it keeps me on the edge of my seat! seriously, i can't wait to see how the story will unfold! This drama will be the death of me! it's so my style! i'm excited to see the pilots eps already! 

tumblr_oak9yuOxWL1u89bdco2_500.gif

anyway, This pairing chemistry are so out of the world awesome imo! :wub:

i'm swooning so hard! hahaha :D 

tumblr_oak9yuOxWL1u89bdco1_500.gif

i know my heart gonna stop beating for countless of time thru out the story because of these two! :wub:

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

Lee Jong Suk Instagram Update 19 July 2016 with Hanhyojoo 

와.. 진짜 너무 덥다.. 와.. 진짜.. 와.. 와… 이건.. 와… 아아아아아아악 

WAH.. Really very hot.. Wah.. Really.. Wah.. Wah.. This.. Wah.., AhAhAhAhAhAhArk

ohhh!! I feel sorry for them filming in such hot weather!! hope their harwork will pay of!! 

7 hours ago, ohnoitscindy said:

It bothers me that Hyo Joo isn't even looking at LJS in the Taiwan poster haha

she's shy!! hhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah sure!!! hhhhhhhhhhhh

• Like 5

Just now, thea2410 said:

hello everyone! ^_^ it's my 1st time here on this thread. i love how unique the storyline is!  :wub: and that alone had me anticipating this drama like crazy! and i'm not yet mention how i freaking love LJS! hahaha :D i know he gonna slay this! and i never know HHJ before but i'm glad i get to know her in this drama. she's such a bae! i'm looking forward to see more of her and i'm now a fan of her!  :wub: 

anyway, i've just watch the long trailer and all i got to said is that it's so freaking awesome! it's so intense it keeps me on the edge of my seat! seriously, i can't wait to see how the story will unfold! This drama will be the death of me! it's so my style! i'm excited to see the pilots eps already! 

anyway, This pairing chemistry are so out of the world awesome imo! :wub:

i'm swooning so hard! hahaha :D 

i know my heart gonna stop beating for countless of time thru out the story because of these two! :wub:

Hi & welcome here ^_^ nd thank u for the beautiful gifs :wub:

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MarieJose said:

Good morning :D 

i just finished watching the teaser .. again .. and this is what i think (until we get translations ) 

see when YJ was held caprive by the police and KC came to tlak to her when she was wearing the prison jumpsuit, he actually asked her what was her secret and she told him that he's only a webtoon /manhwa character that's why he was talking to the phone that way after he got out and questionning whether it's true or not .. then later we see a scene when he collapsed (the same black suit) and i think that's when he realised that she was speaking the truth so he decided to end his life by throwing himself off the bridge .. i think he had no idea that by doing that he'll get to cross to the real world but he did and that's when we saw him at her hospital when she was wearing the surgeon outfit surprised because he was in front of her in the real world (notice her colleague from the hospital behind him ) and i think that's when it all starts ..

what i don't understand is why the police was after her ? I thought maybe because of her dad's disappearance but then they were running after her in the webtoon not in the reality and she was asking him to help her escape in the hospital when she saved him again from that nurse poisoning him, he agreed to help her and took her in his car to the mall to dress .. where things probably happened and she fainted that's when he took her to his penthouse and then other things happened :P and probably they agreed to have dinner together ?? Because of that scene wearing that black and white dress daydreaming i'm sure it was a restaurant.. then the police gonna come again and that's why we saw her running in a kitchen in the first teaser and talking to the phone probably with his secretary because we saw her in the prison when they spoke together ?? 

Why do you guys  think ??? 

I agree with you that she could have told him everything (she knows) but I don't think he wanted to commit suicide when he tried to jump off the bridge!! he was smiling so he had something in his mind for doing that plus she should be in her world when he jumps so he'll find her there as we saw in the trailer!! and we have many scenes before him going to the bridge like going to the rooftop (the last preview) and the scene in the rain finding a thrown screen (?)!!!

hhhhhhhhhhhhh your fangirling mode never fails!! :lol: but on erious note I think they were after her to investigate who she is and what she was doing in the rooftop where she found Kang Cheol since it's an attemppt of murder that she may have witnessed plus his ennemies have their power over the police and so they may found out about her presense and her saving their ennemies Kang Cheol many times so they may want to frame her in some crime to stop her from saving him from them?!!

but that's all speculation from me!! :D 

• Like 5

LEE JONG SUK Talks About His New Drama “W”

Lee-Jong-suk.jpg

LEE JONG SUK explained why he chose to join the drama show “W”.

In the afternoon of July 18, the production press conference of “W” was held at the MBC building in Sangam-dong, Seoul. LEE JONG SUK kicked off the conference by saying, “Such a good script is hard to come by.”

LEE JONG SUK plays Lee Chul, the thirty-year old co-CEO of JN Global and the owner of a broadcasting channel named W.

He went on to say, “Anyone would have wanted to do the show, if he or she read the script. I too wanted to do it as soon as I read it. It’s so exciting that I can’t wait to read the script for the next episode and I really want the shooting to go well.”

Source: YG United 

ygunited.com/2016/07/19/lee-jong-suk-talks-new-drama-w/

• Like 4