[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

16 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Sotus won the Dreamiest award. I was told that the category in Thai is Kwam Fin (dreamiest) and that it is one of Line TV's own awards/prizes.

Oh wow yayyy they won 

Yesssss Sotus is dreamiest alright just look at my avatar and sig lol

Thanks

• Like 7

Guest delightful

I have been getting many questions on why I have stopped translating... well, here is why. This was my biggest fear, this is why I asked you all not to share the links or the translations. There is an official message on Bittersweet's Facebook page. There are four things that needs to be addressed.

1. การเขียน #fanfiction จากนิยาย SOTUS ถือเป็นการละเมิดลิขสิทธิ์

แต่! เราอนุโลมให้มีการเขียนแฟนฟิคชั่นได้เป็นกรณีพิเศษ ดังนั้นใครที่หยิบตัวละครของนิยายเราไปแต่งต่อก็ยังคงสามารถเขียนได้เรื่อยๆ ค่ะ

ด้วยเงื่อนไขว่า ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #จัดจำหน่ายรวมเล่มแฟนฟิคชั่นใดๆ จากนิยายเราในทุกกรณี

The writing of fan fictions from SOTUS is a violation of copyrights.
BUT! I will let this one be an exception. You can use characters from SOTUS in your fan fictions, so those people who have done so can still do it.
But you must agree that it will not financially benefit you in anyway.

2. ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #ถ่ายรูปจากหนังสือนิยายที่ตีพิมพ์ เพื่อโพสแจกจ่ายกันในกรุ๊ปออนไลน์ใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากใครพบเห็นกรุณาแจ้งให้ลบออกด้วยนะคะ

เราเปิดให้ทุกคนอ่านเนื้อหานิยายตอนหลักบนเว็บออนไลน์ฟรี แต่เมื่อมีการตีพิมพ์เป็นเล่ม คนที่ซื้อหนังสือก็ควรได้รับสิทธิพิเศษ #อย่ามีน้ำใจในทางที่ผิด ขอความกรุณาเข้าใจตรงจุดนี้ด้วยนะคะ

Do NOT take photos of the pages from the book and post them online! If you have done so, please delete them!
The story of SOTUS is available for reading online for free, but the books are for those that have purchased them. They deserve that right.

3. ห้าม! มิให้มีการจัดจำหน่าย #สินค้าใดๆที่อ้างอิงตัวละครจากนิยายsotus เช่น เสื้อ เกียร์ หมวก เคสโทรศัพท์ ฯลฯ

Do NOT sell products associated with SOTUS! Including shirts, gears, hats, phone covers, and so on.
[I believe all those products can only be sold by the copyright owners, which are listed by Bittersweet and NABU]

4. ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #แปลนิยายsotus เป็นภาษาต่างประเทศในทุกภาษา กรณีสนใจจะซื้อลิขสิทธิ์เพื่อทำการแปล กรุณาติดต่อสำนักพิมพ์นาบูโดยตรงค่ะ

Do NOT translate SOTUS the novel into any languages! If you are interested in doing so, please contact NABU PUBLISHINGS to purchase the rights.
[This is the most important one for me, since I have not purchased the rights, I will need to stop. I will also be deleting my links to the already translated materials. If anyone out there is SUPER rich and can purchase the rights for me, I will translate it! LOL!!!!]

ใครที่มีข้อสงสัยต้องการทราบข้อมูลเพิ่มเติม สามารถสอบถามได้ตลอดนะคะ
ขอบคุณค่ะ
BitterSweet

Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum. I chanced upon this amazing series when SOTUS was already on the episode 13, and I actually managed to finish marathon-ing them all in a day. 0.o Cuz this story is the sweetest, loveliest BL drama, EVER!! I even read most of the threads in Soompi (because I was THAT addicted), hundreds of pages of them, page by page, only to find out at page 648 that you guys have moved on to pinkmilk forum. I was so depressed and I wanted to register to the forum but it was already closed.

@delightful, @cloudacha81, @dreadaeleonkvothe, is it still possible for me to join in the pinkmilk forum?

I'm so into this series right now that even though my learning skill sucks I still wanted to attempt to learn Thai language, just for the sake of being able to read the novel myself. I wanted to fly to Thailand to be able to buy the novel itself firsthand just for my collection, though i don't understand a single word. My fangirl-ing is at its peak right now.

Super grateful to @delightful, then helped out by @baw74 @JCMfor encoding the series, then a team afterwards, for all the English subs and the novel translations. I really enjoyed your subbings for the series, as I could imagine myself freaking out over the same parts, and thinking of the same things as the comments you had placed. Love it. Thank you so so much for all the subs for each episodes and talk shows and spoilers.

Thank you for making me able to wait a little longer for the next episode to come out next year. #ffto7Jan2017

Edited by myonlysun0206
  • Like 7

22 hours ago, delightful said:

PM me your email dear. And I'm guessing you want to use your username from here, right?

Also, you guys need to go see Khun Ploy aka Bittersweet's new update on FB. She gave us a very short special chapter and also... read all the way to the end of her post. Her 'P.S.' is special .. to me at least. ^_^

hey @delightful, I was also having exams until recently and wasn't online when the forum was created, can I also get accepted? :) 

Spoiler
21 hours ago, delightful said:

I have been getting many questions on why I have stopped translating... well, here is why. This was my biggest fear, this is why I asked you all not to share the links or the translations. There is an official message on Bittersweet's Facebook page. There are four things that needs to be addressed.

แต่! เราอนุโลมให้มีการเขียนแฟนฟิคชั่นได้เป็นกรณีพิเศษ ดังนั้นใครที่หยิบตัวละครของนิยายเราไปแต่งต่อก็ยังคงสามารถเขียนได้เรื่อยๆ ค่ะ

ด้วยเงื่อนไขว่า ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #จัดจำหน่ายรวมเล่มแฟนฟิคชั่นใดๆ จากนิยายเราในทุกกรณี

BUT! I will let this one be an exception. You can use characters from SOTUS in your fan fictions, so those people who have done so can still do it.

2. ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #ถ่ายรูปจากหนังสือนิยายที่ตีพิมพ์ เพื่อโพสแจกจ่ายกันในกรุ๊ปออนไลน์ใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น หากใครพบเห็นกรุณาแจ้งให้ลบออกด้วยนะคะ

เราเปิดให้ทุกคนอ่านเนื้อหานิยายตอนหลักบนเว็บออนไลน์ฟรี แต่เมื่อมีการตีพิมพ์เป็นเล่ม คนที่ซื้อหนังสือก็ควรได้รับสิทธิพิเศษ #อย่ามีน้ำใจในทางที่ผิด ขอความกรุณาเข้าใจตรงจุดนี้ด้วยนะคะ

Do NOT take photos of the pages from the book and post them online! If you have done so, please delete them!
The story of SOTUS is available for reading online for free, but the books are for those that have purchased them. They deserve that right.

3. ห้าม! มิให้มีการจัดจำหน่าย #สินค้าใดๆที่อ้างอิงตัวละครจากนิยายsotus เช่น เสื้อ เกียร์ หมวก เคสโทรศัพท์ ฯลฯ

Do NOT sell products associated with SOTUS! Including shirts, gears, hats, phone covers, and so on.
[I believe all those products can only be sold by the copyright owners, which are listed by Bittersweet and NABU]

4. ห้าม! มิให้มีการ #แปลนิยายsotus เป็นภาษาต่างประเทศในทุกภาษา กรณีสนใจจะซื้อลิขสิทธิ์เพื่อทำการแปล กรุณาติดต่อสำนักพิมพ์นาบูโดยตรงค่ะ

Do NOT translate SOTUS the novel into any languages! If you are interested in doing so, please contact NABU PUBLISHINGS to purchase the rights.
[This is the most important one for me, since I have not purchased the rights, I will need to stop. I will also be deleting my links to the already translated materials. If anyone out there is SUPER rich and can purchase the rights for me, I will translate it! LOL!!!!]

ขอบคุณค่ะ
BitterSweet

From the very beggining i knew that i cant have my cake and eat it too but now....NOW I HAVE LOST EVERY BIT OF HOPE I HAD IN ME.......FKINGASDFYJKJGFSASDGHJL *dont touch me...im emotional right now* :bawling:      

Ps who wants to rob the bank with me?

• Like 3

I tried to search earlier pages but, am not being able to find it but, what is the song that used as the bg music during the second kiss scene? In ep 14? I really liked it and want to save it! :bawling:The Wiki page on the google search page shows it has a track list but, as soon as I click on the Wiki page, I can't see it. :tears:

9 minutes ago, OTAKU-KUN said:
  Hide contents

From the very beggining i knew that i cant have my cake and eat it too but now....NOW I HAVE LOST EVERY BIT OF HOPE I HAD IN ME.......FKINGASDFYJKJGFSASDGHJL *dont touch me...im emotional right now* :bawling:      

Ps who wants to rob the bank with me?

I want to but, can't. :bawling:

Also, there are scenes whose gifs I keep seeing but, I have not watched them!! :o 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, myonlysun0206 said:

I even read most of the threads in Soompi (because I was THAT addicted), hundreds of pages of them, page by page, only to find out at page 648 that you guys have moved on to pinkmilk forum. I was so depressed and I wanted to register to the forum but it was already closed.

Yay, another person that have read most of the pages, like me! I thought I was the only one that got addicted to the point of reading 600+ pages :P

And, @delightful I would also really appreciate it if I could register to pinkmilk forums :'( (the new head banner looks really cute by the way)

Edited by -Eva-
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, Limerence Subs said:

It's sad that novel translation has to be stopped but we lost it by our own mistakes overall due to few bad apples in the fandom. :/ 

Thank you so much @delightful for doing your best though! Without you the series wouldn't have been the same. <3 

I found these in fb: 

Hide contents

This guy :w00t:

On 12/30/2016 at 8:11 PM, -Eva- said:

Yay, another person that have read most of the pages, like me! I thought I was the only one that got addicted to the point of reading 600+ pages :P

And, @delightful I would also really appreciate it if I could register to pinkmilk forums :'( (the new head banner looks really cute by the way)

Same here!! Am still lagging though.. Will get there, hopefully.

13 hours ago, delightful said:

ขอบคุณค่ะ
BitterSweet

you're not going to translate the thank you party part 2? :(((( I'm so sad :(( I'm dying to read it :(((

but yeah, I understand. I'm just so sad to read this post :((

Hello, so everyone asking about pinkmilk and about translations...

Spoiler

Now that the novel translations are no longer there it is less important to have the forum closed. We will open registration again in the future. I'm away for about a week now and so I won't always have access to my laptop, but I'll come on soompi when I can.

As far as the novel goes, delightful really respects and loves Bittersweet! Bittersweet directly posted those rules on her Facebook. We should all respect the author's wishes ^^ She's very kind and I'm a big fan of hers :) 

All translations have been deleted from the mega links and we still want no one to share them or post them. This is out of respect for Bittersweet as the author and out of respect/care for delightful! We don't want her to get into any trouble. I hope that everyone can understand where I'm coming from on this.

• Like 10

On 29.12.2016 at 11:47 AM, dustinmyeye said:

Do you mean that Krist is a great actor and that you can't believe that he 'Krist' isn't gay ?

Or do you mean that Arthit (The character) is a great actor and that he is so 'masculine' in his ways that he easily manages to mask the fact that he is gay ?

thanks for answering

the last choice..
i think also it's because he don't want to kiss or being shy a bout it or if k' flirt with him he is upset and shout at him, he is not collaborating all the time
and also this issue bothers me a little, i think that if you are gay or bisexual you know it from younger age , 
i don't understand why in those drama if you have attraction to someone you don't want to kiss him or get contact with him, i understand he was confused but it's seems that it's too much confusing and we didn't see he's inner self and thoughts on this process
i hope i make it more clear

2 hours ago, JAN said:

thanks for answering

the last choice..
i think also it's because he don't want to kiss or being shy a bout it or if k' flirt with him he is upset and shout at him, he is not collaborating all the time
and also this issue bothers me a little, i think that if you are gay or bisexual you know it from younger age , 
i don't understand why in those drama if you have attraction to someone you don't want to kiss him or get contact with him, i understand he was confused but it's seems that it's too much confusing and we didn't see he's inner self and thoughts on this process

1. Being gay doesn't automatically make you effeminate... it just means you happen to like boys, nothing more 'necessarily' has to be different. There are gay people of all kinds. 

2. I don't think Arthit or Kongpope would ever really identify as gay, at most they would say they are bisexual. They didn't fall in love with each other because they are gay, they just happened to fall in love with the other person. Kongpope never seemed to be bothered by relationships and concentrated a lot on family and school and for almost his entire puberty Arthit was in love with a girl, so they never really gave themselves an opportunity to consider other options. 

3. There are a lot of people that discover they are lgbt later on in life due to other things in their life, internal/external pressure to live a certain heteronormative lifestyle or simply living in a very conservative community where they might not even know or consider that being gay is a possibility, etc they don't realise it till later on in life. I think this might be especially true of bisexual people. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, JAN said:

thanks for answering

the last choice..

I  think it depends a bit on your culture. I am not certain that you necessarily know that you are gay from a young age. I tend to think that you discover your sexuality when the moment comes. 

It was difficult to show Arthit's inner conflict any better because up until he talks with P'Nott he doesn't really say anything. He avoids the problem. We were left to imagine (by his actions) what he was thinking. It's a drama so we needed uncertainty. 

I was a bit disappointed that his conversation with P'Nott wasn't dealt with in greater depth. It is made clear that Arthit is being accepted by his friend but I would have liked to have actually heard P'Nott utter the words. I can't rewatch the episode on my tablet but if I remember correctly. Arthit states that he is amorously inclined towards Kongpob but he fears for the future (because he has misinterpreted the whole Prae thing). 

That's a huge step for a man to take,  because he is not at that moment certain that things will work out, but says it all the same.

4 hours ago, oldgregg said:

1. Being gay doesn't automatically make you effeminate... it just means you happen to like boys, nothing more 'necessarily' has to be different. There are gay people of all kinds. 

2. I don't think Arthit or Kongpope would ever really identify as gay, at most they would say they are bisexual. They didn't fall in love with each other because they are gay, they just happened to fall in love with the other person. Kongpope never seemed to be bothered by relationships and concentrated a lot on family and school and for almost his entire puberty Arthit was in love with a girl, so they never really gave themselves an opportunity to consider other options. 

3. There are a lot of people that discover they are lgbt later on in life due to other things in their life, internal/external pressure to live a certain heteronormative lifestyle or simply living in a very conservative community where they might not even know or consider that being gay is a possibility, etc they don't realise it till later on in life. I think this might be especially true of bisexual people. 

Agreed on the first point. I find it odd that in these Thai dramas you can have the totally out effeminate types portrayed without any problems. They leave few doubts as to their sexuality. But, when it comes to, how shall I put it, the more ordinary guy we have all this angst about how wrong it is. As you say, many different types. 

Not sure I totally agree on the second point. I sort of see your reasoning. Chicken and the egg situation. I personally think that if you fall in love with another man that makes you gay, as we would label it these days. The inclination has to be there from the start. The label comes later. 

I don't think either would label themselves as bisexuel (a word that basically means unreliable  :)) because they are not labelling themselves with anything. We are. 

Agreed on the third point. As I also said above it takes time to discover your true self. Kids of today (excuse me whilst I get my wheelchair out) seem to be more open to the idea of experimentation. Have you noticed that there is no bullying of Kongpob by the seniors? There are a few references of the 'your lost puppy' was around again, kind. But nothing suggesting : don't go bending over in front of that one ai'Arthit. Hope for humanity yet. 

• Like 3