[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

2 minutes ago, Ym3n said:

But Arthit refused it. Why? Because it would be feel weird especially for newbie in this relationship.

i think it was more because Kongpob was teasing him. Arthit just kissed him and Kongpob said he didn't hear his answer, so Arthit should kiss him again. And Arthit just got annoyed by the boy's wit yet again, and he's pouting. So Kongpob can dream, there wouldn't be hands held or any touching, for all that matter haha

• Like 4

Hi everyone !:)

It's officially me favourite gif :wub:,  I just can't stop....,they're too adorable ! 

Spoiler

krist-singto-duet.gif

P.S.  HELP ! :tears:  

Do you guys know what photoshoot or show is this from( they're wearing green ties )? I've seen it somewhere ( YT? ) in longer version, but I can't find it anymore :crazy:

thanks in advance :)

kisses&hugs:kiss_wink:

SOTUS FOREVER! :heart:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, yokas said:

Hi everyone !:)

It's officially me favourite gif :wub:,  I just can't stop....,they're too adorable ! 

Reveal hidden contents

krist-singto-duet.gif

P.S.  HELP ! :tears:  

Do you guys know what photoshoot or show is this from( they're wearing green ties )? I've seen it somewhere ( YT? ) in longer version, but I can't find it anymore :crazy:

thanks in advance :)

kisses&hugs:kiss_wink:

Omg it's so cute !!! Singto looks so flustered!! I'm screaming! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, yoongihope said:

To be honest with SOTUS it wasn't just the kiss that was disappointing. For two people that are dating they hardly show any skinship. No hugging, cudddling, hand holding ?? I mean half the time they looked like two bros just chilling. Thankfully their acting is brilliant and I could see the innocent awkward love they have. But still, it would've been better if they showed a little more skin ship, enough to show that they're actually in love and dating! 

I Feel the same
i love this drama...really one of the best Bl dramas
BUT
this is very upsetting .we are expecting for some completion to happend every episode and we don't get any solution you know?
that's why i wrote that i think that Arhit is not gay ..he doesnt' seem to like this kind of affection
i wish they would do another episode with more affection and it's not just skin he need to be more loving for me to believe it's mutual

• Like 1

On 02/01/2017 at 3:04 PM, butterflymania said:

Hahaha..your post makes me laugh!  I also like to open my eyes ...

When I watched tundere  Arthit closed eyes and gave a sign of  agreement about their kiss...I was stunned by it but I was curious about his attitude...I mean ...why could he express his feelings in natural way ? He couldn't  say his thoughts before thank you party ( or before talking with P'Nott ) 

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Arthit does not close his eyes at all. Watch it again. In theory Arthit would have kept his eyes open a little longer. What you are seeing is Krist shutting his eyes early because he knows what comes next.  The guys even said that they had to shoot it a few times. I even get the impression that he screws up his eyes and grimaces a wee bit. Hetero on hetero,  can't expect too much.  :)

Everyone is different. It is a reasonably natural reaction to close your eyes when something is close. But some people keep their eyes open. 

In this case the guys did say that they went for it so that must have been mega awkward. After all they are true life friends. Can you imagine having to kiss your best same sex friend on camera in front of the crew? 

As for his feelings. Arthit is the thinker between the two of them. It takes P'Nott to make Arthit realise that his happiness also counts. The future is unknown to most of us (I'm a Time Lord so I have the advantage.) and there is a lot of truth in what Nott says. Communication is all. 

Don't think for your partner. Let them tell you. 

Ultimately it is Arthit that takes the bull by the horns and expresses his love. Beware the convert. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, JAN said:

I Feel the same
BUT
this is very upsetting .we are expecting for some completion to happend every episode and we don't get any solution you know?
that's why i wrote that i think that Arhit is not gay ..he doesnt' seem to like this kind of affection
i wish they would do another episode with more affection and it's not just skin he need to be more loving for me to believe it's mutual

Rather than the actual actor being gay or not which we don't know, I think it's the character P'Arthit that doesn't show physical affection which is fine I suppose because their acting is great and you can see their emotions. They had great chemistry together -kongpob and Arthit! Even if the actor playing Arthit wasn't gay he'd still be professional about it and would act according to how his character is like. Maybe they'll have more physical affection in possible season 2 :)) after they've dated for a while. Other than that SOTUS is brilliant and the cast couldn't be better 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Ultimately it is Arthit that takes the bull by the horns and expresses his love.

Arthit is ( as his friend P'Tum  said ) the  freaking head hazer, after all . Expect unexpected :wink:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yoongihope said:

To be honest with SOTUS it wasn't just the kiss that was disappointing. For two people that are dating they hardly show any skinship. No hugging, cudddling, hand holding ?? I mean half the time they looked like two bros just chilling. Thankfully their acting is brilliant and I could see the innocent awkward love they have. But still, it would've been better if they showed a little more skin ship, enough to show that they're actually in love and dating! 

For two people of the same sex who have just started to date I think their ways are acceptable. Especially in public and we don't see much of them in private. Many of us here come from countries that frown upon such things. Usually for religious reasons. Even in Sotus we have been lectured that it is wrong for two guys to fall in love. Then of course we get everyone accepting the couple because they aren't actually gay. It took that special guy. Whatever. 

Neither guy seems to be overly demonstrative (showy). Arthit outs the pair and hugs Kongpob, so he can do it. Outside those in the know I believe the story suggests that they don't advertise that they are dating. Not all straight people make a show of their relationships - especially when they are already married. For the two lads, I think that their words to each other are more important. Very much for Arthit who has done a lot of soul searching. As I have said before, Kongpob just blunders on. Arthit thinks. When he gives the cord to Kongpob, when he outs them and when he tells Kongpob that he (K) is the driving force in his (A) universe he is declaring his love.

There is a time and a place for all things. Two guys holding hands in my village would probably be stoned :). I sincerely hope that's a joke, but I for one would not risk putting them to the test.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

For two people of the same sex who have just started to date I think their ways are acceptable. Especially in public and we don't see much of them in private. Many of us here come from countries that frown upon such things. Usually for religious reasons. Even in Sotus we have been lectured that it is wrong for two guys to fall in love. Then of course we get everyone accepting the couple because they aren't actually gay. It took that special guy. Whatever. 

Neither guy seems to be overly demonstrative (showy). Arthit outs the pair and hugs Kongpob, so he can do it. Outside those in the know I believe the story suggests that they don't advertise that they are dating. Not all straight people make a show of their relationships - especially when they are already married. For the two lads, I think that their words to each other are more important. Very much for Arthit who has done a lot of soul searching. As I have said before, Kongpob just blunders on. Arthit thinks. When he gives the cord to Kongpob, when he outs them and when he tells Kongpob that he (K) is the driving force in his (A) universe he is declaring his love.

There is a time and a place for all things. Two guys holding hands in my village would probably be stoned :). I sincerely hope that's a joke, but I for one would not risk putting them to the test.

Yes you're right:) i suppose we have to take in the reality of if all. It's just, it's a BL drama and my naivety took over lol . But thankfully i didn't start watching SOTUS to see some action hehe, but because it's genuinely a good drama that shows some emotional real life situations. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, yokas said:

Arthit is ( as his friend P'Tum  said ) the  freaking head hazer, after all . Expect unexpected :wink:

I can so identify with Arthit. 

Kongpob may well have bitten off more than he can chew (though personally I always advise against using teeth :) ). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAN said:

I Feel the same
BUT

Not all gay people are interested in making a public show of things. Thai TV gives us two opposites. On the one hand we have - oh no! I am in love with this guy. But if it wasn't him I would be chasing skirt with the best of them. Then we have a lot of general acceptance. There is very little bullying of gay characters. A lot of teasing yes, but I have yet to see any character beaten to a pulp because of their sexuality. 

Thus I am not certain as to what real life is like in Thailand for gay people. And amongst young people at Uni is one thing, with older more traditional folk? We all have an idea as to what is acceptable behaviour. 

The last few episodes gave shown Arthit trying to come to terms with his feelings.

Arthit is in love with Kongpob. As head hazer he has a lot to lose in status by being gay. Not fair, not right, welcome to reality. He has already given his gear away to Kongpob a significant sign in itself. He does have misgivings, but watch it again, he never denies his feelings to P'Nott, his worry is that being Kongpob's partner might not be the right thing for Kongpob. That's self sacrifice. To get that far down the conversation he has to have told P'Nott that he loves Kongpob. Straight people rarely do that sort of thing. Usually they say they are confused :). And P'Nott remarks on his possessiveness of Kongpob. By the time your straight friends notice that you are chasing a guy the battle is lost. 

Arthit then goes out and buys the two cords and it is sort of suggested that his two friends must have been present. They are certainly now aware of the situation. 

Having presented the cords and been caught in the act by P'bright he brushes Kongpob's attempt at a cover story and outs the pair of them, throws his arms around his partner and grins so much he risks getting lock jaw.

There is even the suggestion that the pair have had sex. Fine, I've had sex with straight guys before, but they rarely stay for lunch afterwards :)

If Arthit isn't gay (or bisexual- before I get the beak eaten off me again) then I need to go out and meet more straight guys. 

If at his age somebody had done all that for me I wouldn't be watching this. I would be living the dream. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, yoongihope said:

Yes you're right:) i suppose we have to take in the reality of if all. It's just, it's a BL drama and my naivety took over lol . But thankfully i didn't start watching SOTUS to see some action hehe, but because it's genuinely a good drama that shows some emotional real life situations. 

I see you are from Brexitland though not certain where. What might be acceptable in London or Manchester may well be considered outrageous in my part of the woods : Ulster. 

You are more than correct. The story rings true despite holes in the plot you could drive a horse and cart through. Good acting, good cast and interwoven side stories that have proved important as we went along. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

I see you are from Brexitland though not certain where. What might be acceptable in London or Manchester may well be considered outrageous in my part of the woods : Ulster. 

You are more than correct. The story rings true despite holes in the plot you could drive a horse and cart through. Good acting, good cast and interwoven side stories that have proved important as we went along. 

Don't even bring up brexit lol.  I have yet to see any violent outbursts against gays where I live and I did go to a girls school where there was a fair amount of lesbians and bisexuals, yet everyone was totally fine with all that. Guess that's why I don't find it strange seeing two people of the same sex showing their love 

again i totally agree :) I'm going to miss sotus and the cast!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Translate what is meant not what is said.

55 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Kongpob may well have bitten off more than he can chew (though personally I always advise against using teeth

Bite off ? Chew? Teeth?  Just perfect phrase!  Get your heads around this one, dear  translators from GMM :sweatingbullets: LOL

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Arthit does not close his eyes at all. Watch it again. In theory Arthit would have kept his eyes open a little longer. What you are seeing is Krist shutting his eyes early because he knows what comes next.  The guys even said that they had to shoot it a few times. I even get the impression that he screws up his eyes and grimaces a wee bit. Hetero on hetero,  can't expect too much.  :)

Agreed with this. I thought it was just me who thought that way ! XD

• Like 1

On 1/3/2017 at 10:37 AM, originalnickname said:

Yeah, they basically start dating towards the end of the show that's why we don't see any skinship. Also, Arthit isn't very affectionate at all, that's in his personality. And in the bonus episodes - the last two, when they started dating - isn't much about their relationship, they barely see each other, it's more likely gonna be about Kong's life as the head of the hazing team and we'll have a few flashbacks showing Arthit as a junior...

When we think about it, SOTUS is not that much about Kong and Arthit's relationship, it's more about the senior/junior relationship and their love story is almost secondary especially in the first episodes 

@originalnickname omo i just realized after u wrote this...giphy.gif

On 1/3/2017 at 10:39 AM, ironyshines said:

Yes, I know haha tbh I would like a season 2 or even a movie where we would see Arthit's payback. He never backs down from a challenge, and if he sets his mind on getting his revenge for all the times Kongpob made him embarrassed, he'll do his best in trying to succeed. Just imagine Arthit teasing Kongpob. 

I know, I can understand why Bittersweet stopped there and then made special chapters. But an epilogue would be great  (i am never satisfied and i will never be haha). Arthit trying to understand that it's not just him anymore, but THEM would be amazing. He would suck a lot and Kongpob would be really patient and understanding. And Arthit would definitely try to do something for him, because he's totally in love with Kongpob even if he's also really annoyed by him xD

@ironyshines  YES! THIS! BLESS YOU!! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT TOOOOOOOO

21 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

@dustinmyeye you seem like an intelligent fella.......i love the way you express ur opinions......remarkable writing skills ♥(doimakeanysense?imsorry)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JAN said:

I Feel the same
BUT

Thai society does not prefer of skinship. It's common that girl doesn't let her boyfriend hold her hand (and makes him hold her bag instead). Usually, the most intimate physical contact you can see in public space is hand holding. Bittersweet said she paid attention to realisticness so, there may be some scenes where they hold hands in next episode after they have settled their relationship.

9 hours ago, dustinmyeye said:

Not all gay people are interested in making a public show of things. Thai TV gives us two opposites. On the one hand we have - oh no! I am in love with this guy. But if it wasn't him I would be chasing skirt with the best of them. Then we have a lot of general acceptance. There is very little bullying of gay characters. A lot of teasing yes, but I have yet to see any character beaten to a pulp because of their sexuality. 

Thus I am not certain as to what real life is like in Thailand for gay people. And amongst young people at Uni is one thing, with older more traditional folk? We all have an idea as to what is acceptable behaviour. 

The last few episodes gave shown Arthit trying to come to terms with his feelings.

Arthit is in love with Kongpob. As head hazer he has a lot to lose in status by being gay. Not fair, not right, welcome to reality. He has already given his gear away to Kongpob a significant sign in itself. He does have misgivings, but watch it again, he never denies his feelings to P'Nott, his worry is that being Kongpob's partner might not be the right thing for Kongpob. That's self sacrifice. To get that far down the conversation he has to have told P'Nott that he loves Kongpob. Straight people rarely do that sort of thing. Usually they say they are confused :). And P'Nott remarks on his possessiveness of Kongpob. By the time your straight friends notice that you are chasing a guy the battle is lost. 

You get some points.

- Being (male) gay in Thailand, you'll be teased heavily by male friends so, male gays in male dominated circles will avoid to let his friends know. Athit won't want to be asked "Where's Kongpop?" everyday.

- In less modernized places, usually, there is mild discrimination against homosexual relation, you will be a hot gossip topic but nothing more extreme. I've seen many reports on gay marriage in outskirt areas of the country and those couples got blessing from neighbors.

- In working setting, as engineer is supposed to work with mostly male subordinates, he may be disrespected if he acts so effeminate/ flamboyant but, it should be no problem if his mannerism is subtle.

- Head hazer is a temporary position. Next year, there will be another head hazer from the sophomore. It is inappropriate for hazer to let the freshman know he has favoritism toward a specific freshman. If other freshmen know Athit is dating Kongpop, they may form a prejudice if Athit treats Kongpop specially and the atmosphere is ruined. So, realistically, their relationship should be made public a while after all fraternity activities are over.

• Like 6