[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

Guest delightful
5 minutes ago, riska2904 said:

@delightful if i'm not wrong its under id thai4u channel

Yeah, I found it.  So, can you guys confirm that it's my subs? I scanned thru it and it's word for word. And they didn't even give me credit. LOL! I remember only giving permission for one person to post it to their twitter account. I guess, I'm remembering why I stopped subbing all over again. "hia, sutt, meng!" sorry, if you don't understand that then it's good. 

1 hour ago, jaelephy said:

@Karla Kim Chill! You don't have to come that hard down on me. I was a fan of this book since before it became mortal instruments and was just a harry potter fanfic. I don't own any of the books because frankly I don't buy a lot of them and after book 3 the series went seriously downhill...but yes I was referring to the immortal/mortal thing mostly since once you face that Magnus has loved before and will love again...it does put a damper on the things for me. I did mention it in my next post plus the series has almost no resemblance to the books as far as their story line is considered past the very basic synopsis.

I have to agree that after City of glass (which was my favorite) the story went a little downhill, but enjoyed it nevertheless. And yeah. I wish that they had stayed together for eternity too, it was kind of sad but i learned to accept it lol

• Like 2

Two more days, guys! So we're expecting Arthit running the field 54 times and Kong rushing on his bike drenched in the rain then running with Arthit under an umbrella. Haha. Then there's the infamous scene with Arthit getting sick and Kong delivering the pink milk and porridge with his flirty eyes. Gosh! I also wonder if they will have their first skin contact here. That will make them feel so uncomfortable and the fans squealing for sure! 

And which side stories are we likely seeing? Prem/Wad and May/Em? I like how each episode highlights Arthit and Kong unlike the others which give longer screen time for the side stories in other episodes. But I'm sure we love seeing bits of them, especially the fans of Prem/Wad out there, right?! Will they deliver a romantic relationship or just a cute friendly relationship? I think I've read somewhere that the book does not build them as couples but who knows what the production team may tease us with?!

Just the thought of these puts a smile on my face. Are you feeling the same? This wait is just soooo long. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jaelephy said:

Ugh!! Why can't I quote???

@meifang89 I actually didn't like the whole wedding drama thing. Like no. The kiss too...I would have preferred the original because it was just so perfect. I think I read that moment like 10 times when I first read the book. And also, because finally Alec did something without any provocation from Magnus. After all the chasing Magnus did, it was satisfying to see Alec claim him in front of everyone for once. In the series, Magnus still was the instigator since he showed up and was right in the face like "Yo! I am here." 

I can't be truly mad though since I enjoy the couple too much in the series. In the book, they were too in the background. In the series, they are more prominent to me than the main couple sorry but like actors that play Clary and Jace have zero chemistry. sorry!

@degevigi Holla!! 

I feel what Alec do in the series also claim Marcus in front of everyone I like they cut the chase short. I just care about Malec not any other cp:P. The movie won't get continuance right? 

50 minutes ago, Yves George Sanchez said:

On the contrary, I like many BL couples in a show because I tend to skip the scenes of the straight couples lol. I like it when a BL scene from one couple is followed by another and so on. Kinda like MIR where a Tee/Fuse scene is followed by either a Book/Frame or Nine/Rodtang and v/v. I don't know why. 

Me too!:D

23 minutes ago, greenfan said:

Two more days, guys! So we're expecting Arthit running the field 54 times and Kong rushing on his bike drenched in the rain then running with Arthit under an umbrella. Haha. Then there's the infamous scene with Arthit getting sick and Kong delivering the pink milk and porridge with his flirty eyes. Gosh! I also wonder if they will have their first skin contact here. That will make them feel so uncomfortable and the fans squealing for sure! 

And which side stories are we likely seeing? Prem/Wad and May/Em? I like how each episode highlights Arthit and Kong unlike the others which give longer screen time for the side stories in other episodes. But I'm sure we love seeing bits of them, especially the fans of Prem/Wad out there, right?! Will they deliver a romantic relationship or just a cute friendly relationship? I think I've read somewhere that the book does not build them as couples but who knows what the production team may tease us with?!

Just the thought of these puts a smile on my face. Are you feeling the same? This wait is just soooo long. :) 

PremxWad! I read here they'll become cp in the series. Hope they'll get more scene until now their scene are too little:(.

I need to wait three days to watch it:bawling:. I must go all day in sunday with my family to attend a wedding:tired:. I'll just read the spoilers here please post many:kiss_wink:.

On 17/09/2016 at 11:38 PM, samvilerow23 said:

i just finished watching this. you're translation is exceptional. the last time i was satisfied with a thai-english translation was kudalakorn's for love sick. thank you so much! 

anyway, i love them both so much!!! i also can't belihh singto is older than krist. it's also nice to see a major tv network not only promote same sex couple series but celebrate it. and they way actors joke around each other without pretensions (or fear of being labelled as "gay" and the negative stereotypes that go with it) is honestly refreshing. you will never see such a thing in the philippines 

There is one, though. Remember the Bench: Naked Truth show? When Tom and Dennis came to the stage together, there were fans screaming but it's not even close to the Thai BL scene.

• Like 3

On 18/09/2016 at 0:46 AM, bookfaenframe said:

They changed the one from the novel, but this one's also an unrequited love song with the same message~

The ending was kept the same~ It's hard to explain out of context, but I'll try :sweatingbullets: they asked Kongpob how he feels about the paired up moon & star wins in the Freshy night's star contest (literally, moon & star contest~ they get winning titles for it as representatives, so boys = moon, girls = star) Kongpob answered he thinks that sometimes there's not only the moon with the stars in the sky. She asked him what else is there and he answered "it's a secret."
(The word for "sun" in Thai is "arthit" :lol:)

Thanks for explaining. I didn't get why Kong said to the girl journalist that it's a secret. Now I get it! hehehe

• Like 4

On 9/20/2016 at 10:01 AM, taurean10 said:

Thank you for these links!! If the book doesn't get translated for a long time (or ever :scream:), I'll definitely use those links! Probably not until the series finishes airing... But if I get more free time (or wanna procrastinate :p) I'll definitely try it out sooner than that!

On 9/20/2016 at 10:42 AM, Yves George Sanchez said:

You have to see New in Kiss the series. The Kao/Pete ship is bae.

Ooh thanks for the recommendation! I'll check it out when I have more free time!

On 9/20/2016 at 0:29 PM, whitedove said:

Yeah Captain & White are pretty popular in Thailand now. Captain especially. He has made the top 9 of People's Choice Awards at Nine Entertain Awards (one of the 4 major television awards in Thailand) twice in a row already. My Thai friend (who's not into BL series and not a fan of theirs) said this is quite an achievement since Captain has never been on a mainstream channel (mainstream channels refer to Channel 3 and Channel 7). Plus the voting is pretty strict where you can only vote 5 times using the same phone number. Captain may not be the 'trend' at the moment like MIR guys (whose popularity after MIR remains to be seen), but he's definitely a teen prince. His movement gets followed by news/gossip sites, like his little outing with a rising young actress from Channel 7 who he recently befriends, or even tiny stuff like voting for a referendum the first time lol.

As for White, he's one of the young stars that GMM seems to be pushing. I think among U-Prince's male leads, Captain & White are probably the 3rd & 4th most popular after Push and March.

And oh, the WWCT ship is popular too, mainstream even, probably. Thais love their koojins (shipped couples) lol, and in a major award show this year, they were mentioned in an impromptu song together with other popular straight koojins like Nadech&Yaya and Mark&Kimmy.

Oh sorry for the off-topic, guys! Just mentioning what it could be for Krist & Singto if their popularity skyrockets the way Captain & White did. Captain & White of course had the advantage of being the first maleXmale lead couple in a lakorn shown at a primetime slot and the stepping stone for dramas like MIR or SOTUS to come along. (Being really good-looking doesn't hurt either lol). So we'll have to see whether this 'trend' will pass in a few more years or will it lead to more queer couples being the main leads in more primetime slots (SOTUS' slot is not considered primetime) and especially at mainstream channels (though this part seems the hardest to achieve).

Wow! Thank you for all the White and Captain info!!! I love them :wub::wub:

These gifs!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING THEM :wub:-->

Spoiler
On 9/20/2016 at 10:01 PM, jaelephy said:

these cute puppies!!!

tumblr_odu4lmqk9J1vtisrzo2_500.gif

tumblr_odu4lmqk9J1vtisrzo1_500.gif

tumblr_odu4lmqk9J1vtisrzo3_500.gif

On 9/20/2016 at 10:47 PM, delightful said:

Sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of.... hours. LOL! Sorry, it felt longer than that. :blink: Anyways, I have to confess my sins now.. I was on youtube watching all the cute videos of Krist and Singto... then I got detoured and watched Puppy Honey... I slipped and fell HARD for Pik and Roam (Off and Gun)!!!!!!! Another series I'd like to recommend if you want more cute BL, go watch Puppy Honey. I almost ripped my pillow apart from all the twitching. LOL!

Anywho... From the previews of SOTUS, it seems like the director/producer is adding in all the little 'special' chapters from the author. I really hope so, because the ending isn't on the bridge, it shouldn't be. * click only if you want to know spoilers*

Hide contents

That bridge scene is their... way of telling, without saying anything, each other where they each stand in their relationship.. BUT what comes after is also VERY meaningful. After the bridge scene, they both go back to living their normal lives. Just like the song 'Secret in My Heart' they don't need to show or tell anyone about their feelings, just walking side by side without holding hands, just breathing the same air is good enough for them. Good enough is the best status. *tears* Have I told y'all how much I love this couple? *tears*

Then when you don't think Arthit can do anything else sweet he goes and does the most awesome thing ever. He gives Kong his gear, at first Kong thinks Arthit is returning the gear he gave him, but it turns out to be Arthit's gear. Arthit mutters the words, please take care of it for me. Kong happily agrees, I'll take care of it with all my heart. And that's supposed to be the ending of the novel.

Then there's also another special chapter after that about Kongpope being a 3rd year Junior, I believe, and Arthit is already out of school. Kong decides to be the leader of the hazing team. And Arthit I believe comes to see Kong and this is where someone said the issue of who is top/bottom comes out... but I really don't want to get into that, since I've been endorsing both of them as both top/bottom per author's note and Krist's comment. Anyway, we get to see the difference between Arthit and Kong's take on their roles as the head of the hazing team. If Arthit was the 'monster' then Kong is the 'Angelic' leader, BUT he is also very good at convincing people to do as he pleases. He doesn't use harsh treatments, but using his brains in getting what he wants.. LOL! I suppose that's how he got Arthit the 'monster' too. HHAHAHAHAHHAA *goes crazy* And from the comments I read it shows Kong nagging Arthit in a sweet way, damn I hope this is in the series!

23 hours ago, delightful said:

@greenfan Yes, their love is very mature compared to the other BL stories I've read or watched. I think it has a lot to do with Arthit and Kong's attitude, and I'm glad the author is very true to those characters. Bittersweet(author) didn't turn Arthit and Kong into teenagers in love once they realized their feelings for each other, instead gave us such true to character reactions from both of them. *Spoilers, again..*

Hide contents

Arthit being so freaking prideful that it hurts and yet in the end he ends up giving it all up and running after Kong. And he is really worried and finally understands that even if he could just catch Kong another time, he had to see Kong right then and there, because he believes that if he missed that opportunity to speak to Kong he wouldn't be able to find the courage to talk to him again. And Kong always the one that gives into his feelings, yet still maintaining his dignity. He doesn't beg for Arthit to return those feelings, he understood where Arthit would find it difficult and let Arthit decide/make up his own choices. He never once forced Arthit into returning his feelings. He simply only asked for an answer on the bridge.

I loved when Arthit asked him, you know how I am, right? You know I like to drink pink milk, right? LOL! I literally fell out of my chair when I read that one. And Kong being a little confused at first and thinking Arthit was going to force him out of his life. Then out of nowhere Arthit gives his answer by simply kissing him. I almost died there. Then he starts walking away and Kong is like.. wait, P'Arthit, I didn't quite hear that. Tell me again meaning kiss me again!.. I really needed CPR then.

Seriously, this series has been so good. The angst was so good that when I was reading their 'separation' parts I had tears in my eyes. At times I wanted an outburst from Kong, I wanted him to do something dramatic so that Arthit could realize his own feelings sooner. BUT Kong was patient even when his own heart was hurting so much, yet all he thought of was how uncomfortable and a pain it was for his P'Arthit. That's who Kong really is, the one that only blamed himself and never blamed Arthit. Even if it was Arthit's indecisiveness that had both of them in that place, and at times Kong wondered why Arthit would deny him even a smile and at times he was so caring and enduring towards him to the point where he thought that enduring side was what kept him from being able to stop his feelings for Arthit, he didn't ask Arthit to stop what he was doing. I think it was because he took all the blame and he knew it was his fault that his precious P'Arthit had to be troubled by his feelings.

Oh, I'm going around in circles.. Sorry, and thanks to whoever reads this!

*On a side note... do we not have a thread here for Honey Puppy? ****

@delightful Thanks so much for all the novel spoilers!! I really wish I could read/speak Thai! I'm trying to learn how to speak it... and the alphabet is so intimidating for me :sweatingbullets: But I also think that it looks so cool and beautiful ^^

and... I LOVE PUPPY HONEY!!!!!!! I went a little crazy after I first watched it and made a million OffGun gifs -->

Spoiler

Fall%20scene%201_zpsmvrpf0ut.gif Fall%20scene%202_zpsuhm0ygum.gif Fall%20scene%203_zpsfjw8l6si.gif Fall%20scene%204_zpsyqh0bvz7.gif Fall%20scene%205_zpsmox9xwjn.gif Fall%20scene%206_zpscyfscmwu.gif Fall%20scene%207_zpsqslvlkqz.gif

lol I made more of this scene than I remember :sweatingbullets: ^

OMO%20NOSEBLEEED%20HOLYYFFFFFFFFKS_zpsw1 Omo%205_zps2dqlc4ee.gif OMO%202_zps2mtbtmmv.gif Omo%204_zpssq5y04to.gif 

And I couldn't resist lol -->

OMO%20THIRSTY%20GIF_zpsotdx4sm3.gif

THAT KISS!!! And I love the way Pick dealt with it and how they were all cute together later afterwards xD ALSO... Gun's cute expressions and mouth :wub: -->

Rome%20and%20Pick%20almost%20kiss_zpsxtp Rome%20so%20cute%201_zpsfcpk2o7u.gif Rome%20so%20cute%202%20long_zpsastpfdom. Rome%20apologizes_zpsjvxrmj7t.gif

LOVED THE WATER SCENE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)  -->

Water%202_zps99excx8g.gif Water%201_zpstjg3oli6.gif water%203_zpscrferjbt.gif water%204_zpsrvyn12vj.gif Water%205%20long%20ver_zpsnszfepuk.gif

Woah okay.. I'm gonna stop here for now cuz this is too time consuming adding links to my gifs and posting them :sweatingbullets: ...but I actually have quite a few more Puppy Honey gifs than just these O_O I go crazy sometimes lol THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER THOUGH XD

wait... just one more...

465b08ef94803ebafc82f064b608e9869c095907

22 hours ago, delightful said:

@greenfan I know, right? I seriously was so emotional when I read the last 2 chapters. It's as if my heart was ripped out of my chest and placed on a platter with Arthit stabbing it and then pulling it out. LOL! That sounded kinda weird. :blink:

Hide contents

I'm sorry to keep going on about Puppy Honey! But seriously, if we don't have a thread on it I think we need to make one. There are 2 couples in Puppy Honey, the normal guy/girl love that develops from their love of cats and dogs and the 'supporting' guy/guy couple that steals the show. Gun and Off is superb in this story. They're both soooooooooo good looking too! Gun's lips and dimples!!! I want to lick his dimples! LOL! AND THE BEST PART is not only is it subbed already BUT they are filming season 2 right now!!!! It will air at the beginning of next year. Gun and Off said that we got a light version of their story in season 1, in season 2 there will be drama and their love will be that much more intense. I can't wait. Off said we just kissed in season 1, in season 2 we get into it.. or something along that line. It's super cute. And their relationship outside of filming is something to adore. They are close friends too, they often go shopping together because their styles are similar. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT! If you don't want to see the guy/girl relationship parts then just fast forward thru them, but honestly they weren't annoying either. It was a cute story overall and I'm looking forward to season 2. I've never wished for 2017 to get here so soon before!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR SEASON 2!!!! AND OMG WHAT OFF SAID ABOUT SEASON 2!  (*ii) 

20 hours ago, xadax8 said:

Watched Uncontrolled Love and love their chemistry so much. Still awaiting the HE.

I'm sooooo looking forward to the uncut and the HE! I need it sooo badly! Did you guys see the clips from UL 2 uncut version??!!! I CAN'T -->

Spoiler

18 hours ago, meifang89 said:

Yep they coming out to their parents get rejected then broke up for a while, reunited again while doing hard work for getting approval which they get in the end. I read about third season getting banned:pensive:

THAT BAN KILLED ME :tears::tears::tears: I love Kong Korn and Hoo Lee Ger :wub:

17 hours ago, delightful said:

@greenfan I guess I don't know if Thai is difficult to learn, because it's my first language, I grew up speaking it. But I know how difficult it is to learn a new language, I've been trying to learn a 4th language which is Korean and it's so hard since I'm older now. It was easier when I was younger, I guess.

Hide contents

Gun and Off the couple from Puppy Honey is so cute. Gun calls Off by a nickname which is 'Puppy', which is similar to their series name Puppy Honey and also kinda means 'daddy' in a way. Gun is really attached to Off and calls him all the time and goes to the company to just look for him. And their kiss scene took 8 takes! LOL! They're so cute together!

WAIT. Gun calls him that in real life?!?!? :wub:

Spoiler

_20160917_151322_zpsqv02beei.jpg

16 hours ago, apeach said:

it's okay. I've been busy too these days... and that's sounds so much things to do... hope you'll do well! :D

you should if you have money! :P

Thank you! I hope things go well for you too :) And yeah... money :( lol if I had more money and time I would do so much travelling! 

15 hours ago, Lindsey Jung said:

You know, I've been waiting for this scene since I saw the trailer. I felt disappointed when I didn't find that scene in cut version. and when I watched the uncut, I was very happy ^^. maybe the producer just forgot to put that scene? LOLOL

I know! When I watched the cut version I was so confused and sad that the scene where he bumps his head wasn't there :o LOL maybe

11 hours ago, Yves George Sanchez said:

Yaasss Knot and Tiw! When Knot looked at Tiw's notebook, he didn't humiliate him or anything eventhough he only had 500 signatures, instantly made me part of the ship. :heart:  I could only imagine what happened when Knot asked for a representative and Tiw was chosen by his class. Another ship added to my list. lol

OMG ANOTHER KNOT TIW SHIPPER! *high fives*

Spoiler

They'd make such an attractive couple :wub: 

PhotoGrid_1474044952632_zps3poflxjo.jpg

....guys I finally caught up on the thread :sweatingbullets: Sorry this post is so gigantic 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, meifang89 said:

PremxWad! I read here they'll become cp in the series. Hope they'll get more scene until now their scene are too little:(.

I need to wait three days to watch it:bawling:. I must go all day in sunday with my family to attend a wedding:tired:. I'll just read the spoilers here please post many:kiss_wink:.

We sure will, @meifang89! :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I'm sooooo looking forward to the uncut and the HE! I need it sooo badly! Did you guys see the clips from UL 2 uncut version??!!! I CAN'T -->

Do you watch Wudong and the fanmeet? The cp interaction really cute:wub:. I already waiting HE for a long time it is said they'll be released it in Oct, hope it won't be postpone or canceled:tears:.

Guest delightful

I'm re-watching SOTUS from ep.1 again, Kong just told P'Arthit that he was going to take him as a wife just because he wants the gear. LOL!!!!!! P'Arthit deserved that answer though. LOL! Okay, I'm going to call him P'Arthit like Kong now. Even though he's so much younger than me. Oh life!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

Yes :) THEY ARE SO CUTE IN REAL LIFE!! I can't :wub:

Reveal hidden contents

_20160806_192339_zpsbgwxnd6w.jpg

They look like real cp together (really wish they're real):heart:. Do you follow also UL thread in soompi forum?

2 minutes ago, delightful said:

I'm re-watching SOTUS from ep.1 again, Kong just told P'Arthit that he was going to take him as a wife just because he wants the gear. LOL!!!!!! P'Arthit deserved that answer though. LOL! Okay, I'm going to call him P'Arthit like Kong now. Even though he's so much younger than me. Oh life!!!!!!!!!!

I love that part :wub::wub:

1 minute ago, meifang89 said:

They look so real together:heart:. Do you follow also UL thread in soompi forum?

No I don't :sweatingbullets: I just joined soompi recently and the only thread I'm on is the SOTUS one :sweatingbullets: I don't have a lot of free time this semester to be active on more than one thread probably, but I'll definitely check it out!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, delightful said:

Thanks for all your hard work subbing! You asked a question about episode 4 (it's been subbed by a team that subs from thai to viet to english) so the subs are not that clear.

Is it possible that next time you hardcode subs, could you please make the font larger?  (please don't think I'm rude, I'm really not intending that at all, I really appreciate all your work!). Google file storage works really well for me. 

Sucks that the other people didn't credit you. Perhaps you could add 'Subs by delightful' in the srt/hardcode somewhere when they're not speaking? 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

I love that part :wub::wub:

No I don't :sweatingbullets: I just joined soompi recently and the only thread I'm on is the SOTUS one :sweatingbullets: I don't have a lot of free time this semester to be active on more than one thread probably, but I'll definitely check it out!

I hope you'll check it if you have time:smile:. I'll see you there!:yum:

Guest delightful
15 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

Thanks for all your hard work subbing! You asked a question about episode 4 (it's been subbed by a team that subs from thai to viet to english) so the subs are not that clear.

Is it possible that next time you hardcode subs, could you please make the font larger?  (please don't think I'm rude, I'm really not intending that at all, I really appreciate all your work!). Google file storage works really well for me. 

Sucks that the other people didn't credit you. Perhaps you could add 'Subs by delightful' in the srt/hardcode somewhere when they're not speaking? 

I'm not going to release softsubs anymore, I'll just do hardsubs. So that means it'll take an extra 1-2hrs for me to upload it once I'm done, because I have to hardsub it. And yes, I'll be more than glad to make the subs bigger. I was thinking about that too. ^_^ Thank you for reminding me. I'll also add my signature randomly into the subs, hopefully that isn't a big problem for you guys. I'll try to do it so it's not annoying for you guys. Also, there is a reason why I like to translate the Thai names into English differently, that way I know if it's my subs right away. For example Arthit is spelled differently in the other subs. Sorry to the people who want softsubs.