[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

2 hours ago, shythefy said:

About SOTUS,

is in your school has SOTUS system? i was just wondering if SOTUS only exist in Asian (or maybe only ASEAN)?

in my highschool we have SOTUS system, and the seniors scenario is similar with this drama's SOTUS, where the 2nd year is"nice senior" and 3rd year is "bad senior". When i watch this drama I was feeling nostalgic, since some of the scenes are really happened when i was starting my 1st year in highschool, especially when the 2nd got punished by 3rd year. That's why when i watched it i kinda understand Kong and friends feeling, i was also thinks that those seniors are so bad, annoying and the system was useless. But in the end of SOTUS apparently all seniors are really nice and some of them are cute. :grimace:

We don't have SOTUS in school (my school system was 8 years of elementary school, followed by 4 years of secondary school ('highschool' kids are 14 when they start and 18 when they finish).

We don't have it in university either ( 3 years of general studies plus 2 years of specialization courses).

Ppl look up to the older kids, but it is mostly to get books for uni, notes from the courses from someone who already passed it (uni).

In elementary school older kids teach you how to smoke, you're 'cool' if you do stuff with them.

Mostly negative crap happens to kids who want to be older then they are if they hang with the older crew.

I don't know a single european country that has SOTUS, but hey I only went to school in two countries and Europe has many.

There are clubs you can join in secondary school and at uni, but there is no division by age (seniority).

You're given the work you're capable of, that's how we do it.

It is good because younger kids are better with coding and stuffs then us older generations that haven't had computers before we were like 17 years old.

It is bad most times because younger generations are usually very much full of themselves and selfish. They lack any kind of solidarity or group spirit. Everyone just does stuff for their own personal gain, not for the uni honor or stuff like that.

So, I guess SOTUS has its benefits compared to the undisciplined selfish asshats I had to go to university with.

I think it's a difference in asian and european culture.

We don't do anything for the general good. We're raised to be individuals and we dedicate ourselves to grooming ( outside appearance and intellect) for the sole purpose of getting the highest paying job we can achieve. That gives us enough money to live comfortably and be stylish.

That is how Europe breathes nowdays.

Sorry if I am to honest and straightforward. It is my family upbringing. We don't sugarcoat things and we tend to avoid lying to make ourselves appear altruistic.

Everything ppl do nowdays is to be put in CV and applications for a job.

You can be assured that even volunteering is a stepping stone for the career, not their personal inclination or need to give something back.

In primary school government teaches kids how to be good citizens, that is how to earn merits.

This is all education comes to, learning how to earn merits so you can climb higher in social order.

Growing up is hard. Man, I use to have ideals, now I have to watch dramas/series to see ppl fighting for their ideals and falling in love out of admiration and not interest (good family with high income).

Man, real life can suck balls sometimes ahahahaha good thing I can always watch dramas/series online;) when reality rears its ugly face at me.

I wish everyone can have their happy childhood, first love and a happy ending. That is why I watch online series for. My poor heart needs romance on screen to heal keke.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Estrella Novae said:

@taurean10 @cakeee @jaelephy.... Hello guys nice to meet you I'm Indian too :D......i love BL's and currently i'm totally into Sotus :wub:

Nice to meet you too........wow....this is so cool.....:D

I actually never thought I'd like bl so much....my first was Love Sick and I pretty much ffed the whole thing except for Noh-Phun parts....I liked reading the book more...still prefer reading but now books, movies,series, manga....anything bl is click magnet for me.....the addiction started slowly.....but has completely taken over now.....I even put my BoGumie on hold for this.......:wub:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, OTAKU-KUN said:

SOMEBODY PLEASE TRANSLATE THIS NOVEL....LOL I HAVE BECOME SO OBSESSED WITH IT THAT I EVEN USED GOOGLE TRANSLATION ( yeah ik its weird) OH GAWD IF ANY ONE KNOWS ABOUT ENGLISH TRANSLATION PLEASE TELL ME *SOBBING FURIOUSLY*

Dareka tasuketee onegaiiii

Actually if you really2 want to read the novel use google translator and bing. i try it and at least i can understand it better. someone here read it like that and she completely understand it. i think it's @taurean10 

because no one will translate the novel since it's prohibited by the publisher so either you wait the publisher translate it officially or read it with google translate :blush:

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, jaelephy said:

woo-hoo!! lmao so many of my desi girls on this forum!!

yeah...isn't it great....and you are so lucky you can share your bl craze with someone....my sister is much older than me....we do share the love for reading but our tastes are completely different...I don't think she'll ever agree to watch something bl with me.....:lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leon Percivall said:

hey guys, I just wanted to find out whether the latest episode of sotus has been subbed:) it so hard to keep up with these posts lol :P

not yet. @delightful still working on it. please wait patiently. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jia_k said:

This song?

Hide contents

I don't think it's a part of the OST, just background music:)

oh really :blink: thanks alot though :P was kind of hoping for it to be full song but guess not

But i still love this music :wub: and that background is so perfect :heart:

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, taurean10 said:

yeah...isn't it great....and you are so lucky you can share your bl craze with someone....my sister is much older than me....we do share the love for reading but our tastes are completely different...I don't think she'll ever agree to watch something bl with me.....:lol:

yes it is. But me and my sister have different tastes. She is more into chinese BL and doesn't really watch Thai ones. She quit MIR like 3 episodes in. I am pretty sure she is fast forwarding through Sotus if she is even watching it. Usually it's me who fangirls over it and tells her what happens and she does the famgirling for Chinese BL.

• Like 4

Just random opinion pops up in my mind. I saw many of Thai non-BL fan posting about the series on twitter #sotustheseries. The series draws a lot of attention from Thais especially from one who got through the system. 

As a novel fan, I am a bit (just a little bit) disappointed about ep 7 because they couldn't make it as hard as it could be (in real life). The atmosphere was suppose to be more pressured. The chant was weak. But I understand that this is new and it's hard to make it same as the movie.

I  found this post from twitter and I just want to show you how it is when you succeed capturing flag.

• Like 8

honestly, I am so not a person who can go through the sotus system. I am like wad where I think respect needs to be earned. Just because you are my senior, I don't owe you anything. And because I am someone's junior, they don't owe me anything either. I don't really rebel but lmao getting me to do anything I don't want is richard simmons hard. It's good I am not Thai. The whole community would outcast me lol.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Kate Kang Sunyalux said:

Just random opinion pops up in my mind. I saw many of Thai non-BL fan posting about the series on twitter #sotustheseries. The series draws a lot of attention from Thais especially from one who got through the system. 

As a novel fan, I am a bit (just a little bit) disappointed about ep 7 because they couldn't make it as hard as it could be (in real life). The atmosphere was suppose to be more pressured. The chant was weak. But I understand that this is new and it's hard to make it same as the movie.

I  found this post from twitter and I just want to show you how it is when you succeed capturing flag.

Thats insane, like in America I've never gone through stuff like that. I know that for some fraternities and sororities they go through something kind of like that but you choose to do that, its not like for a major or anything  

• Like 4

Also I'm rewatching some scenes from Puppy Honey!!!! Its just so cute >.<, after Sotus ends can we start a new thread for it (I'm hoping the second season premieres soon) Also I completely forgot that Ssing was in it LOL, I miss seeing him in Love Sick

• Like 5

4 hours ago, taurean10 said:

@cakeee

@jaelephy

omg you guys are indian? Me too....really nice to see you here....My korean drama friends are not into bl and I don't know anyone else from India who's into bl. This is the first bl thread I'm posting on....it's only been about a year I started watching bl and all the stuff I've watched since then is already completed...so no chance to spazz and squeal together with everyone.....this place is such a blast....I love coming here...everyone here is so nice.....no need to get nasty with each other over other leads and other ships...such a change from k drama forums.... 

I am Indian too... Though not fully as British citizen :blush:

Wow nice to know other Indians are here!!!!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, erngust said:

Krist+Singto short clip + duet

Reveal hidden contents

krist-singto-duet.gif

english transcription please...:(:(    for post-SOTUS survival kit... :tears:

This is SO ADORABLE :wub::wub::wub:

6 hours ago, alwayssecrettime said:

OFF LMAO. he's so extra

Hide contents

Hahahaha that's so great. I love Off so much! xD He's always doing the most random things in the IG posts I've seen with him :joy:

5 hours ago, jaelephy said:

technically it's out but it was shown in a bunch of film festivals and in cinemas in Thailand and USA. Too bad I am in Canada. It releases on DVD on october 18. I am sure I will find it online though!!

I saw the trailer for Front Cover in the summer and want to see it so badly!! I'm from Canada too and the worst thing is that IT PLAYED IN VANCOUVER at the film festival there 10 DAYS BEFORE I WENT THERE ;-; (I think it was around August 20th, 2016). I'm from Calgary, but go to university in Vancouver so I just missed being able to see it by 10 days :tears:

• Like 5

Wow this thread continues to surprise me!!! Jaejoong fans and Indians??!!!! :w00t: Me too!!!!!:w00t: (From Fiji though but the culture is still as stifling here)

I watched this vine of two men cat-fighting which was so funny that I ended up looking for the original video which turned out to be Protect The Boss. :wub: Somehow I fell in love with the second lead (JJ). He lead me to Yunjae:wub: which lead me to Super Junior and EunHae which opened up a whole new world of Yaoi!!! ( I somehow got stuck to KyuHyuk though and even wrote fanfic in asianfanfics).

Jaejoong is still remains my ultimate bias and I still stare at the screen when new pictures and videos come up from and army performances and my biggest dream is to attend a live performance even though I'll probably die there but it would be life well spent!!!! :heart:

The drawback is just that I have no one apart from internet friends to talk to about these things :sweatingbullets: so it's really really nice to know a whole community raging crazy over it like I am :wub:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, dreadaeleonkvothe said:

This is SO ADORABLE :wub::wub::wub:

Hahahaha that's so great. I love Off so much! xD He's always doing the most random things in the IG posts I've seen with him :joy:

I saw the trailer for Front Cover in the summer and want to see it so badly!! I'm from Canada too and the worst thing is that IT PLAYED IN VANCOUVER at the film festival there 10 DAYS BEFORE I WENT THERE ;-; (I think it was around August 20th, 2016). I'm from Calgary, but go to university in Vancouver so I just missed being able to see it by 10 days :tears:

aww...I am from Toronto and I have no clue if it's been screened here at all. I should find out lol. 

• Like 3

omg I stumbled on short clips from Front Cover!! I wanna see this movie so bad now!! October 18th needs to come sooner!!

Also, I think we need to thank Aim for doing what all fangirls want to do in the heart of all hearts...

tumblr_oegg28QihX1vtisrzo3_500.gif

tumblr_oegg28QihX1vtisrzo2_500.gif

tumblr_oegg28QihX1vtisrzo5_500.gif

:wub::wub:

• Like 12