[Thai BL Series 2016-2018] SOTUS The Series S1 & S2 พี่ว้ากตัวร้ายกับนายปีหนึ่ง

WeLoveSoompi

DOne watching ep 15... Is this the end of sotus? :bawling: .. I need my daily week dose of BL.. I will miss Artith and Kongpop. But I like how they end it while both look at each other and the diary says Sotus The love between US .. Btw is it me or anyone wanted Kongpop to hold Artith Hand when they were coming to kongpop dorm? and OMO swoonnnnnnnnnnnnn Duty as your boyfriend Krist expression is to the point.. and he really made Artith look so much in love with Kongpop.

PS- cant wait to see The UNCUT KISS ..yes give me the kiss so i can be satisfy and say goodbye to SOTUS THE SERIES with a complete lovable BL series :D

• Like 9

I think it's time to change [On-Going] from the title of the thread :tears: @WeLoveSoompi 

It was a really cute ep., but I feel like ep. 13 or 14 would've been better as final episodes than this one were nothing really happens... I agree with you on that @dustinmyeye :) 

It basically shows us that they're still together after all this time xD

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, dustinmyeye said:

Having returned from playing Grandfather Frost, delivering presents, yesterday I have just caught up on Episode 15.

I think this is going to be considered as heresy. I really like the characters and the actors BUT :

Oh dear, what a slow, almost pointless, episode.

It was about as fast as my speed yesterday driving 300 kilometres in freezing rain and heavy fog.

Kongpob and Arthit talk to each other like strangers. It is as though their relationship has advanced the fortnight in our time but their lives two years in their time. Having perused these pages, you folks were typing faster than they were talking to each other. Fine whilst they were initially a bit shy about being together, but by two year later they should be really comfortable : certainly in private. It might be just my ears but to me Arthit has always called K : Kongpob without any designation. Kongpob, however is still calling A : p'Arthit. Doesn't having sex with someone allow to you to stop p'ing around with them and get you to ai' or just nothing at all ?  :)

I'll watch it again this afternoon and put a bit more thought into it, but my initial reaction is that they really, really, should have ended the story with the coming out at the party and the kiss.

The rest of what we have had should/could have been interwoven into the other episodes or just cut.

Don't all scream at me right now. I'll give you a lot more to get upset about later on :) That way youse won't be typing the same vitriol twice. Now there's a good word and one you might not see too often. Just playing Head Hazer and making youse all learn something :)

I won't scream at you, I promise ! 

You're absolutely right, I expected some reasonable thoughts from you, as always:kiss_wink: 

Seeing them all lovey-dovey would be nice, but I guess it's the way  that Bittersweet created  these characters in the novel. :)

SOTUS FOREVER! :heart:

• Like 4

if anyone would be very kind and pm me the link to the latest sotus engsub episode by the crown princess @delightful, I will be forever grateful.

Thank you :)

Edit: Sorry I've been gone for so long I didn't know pink milk forum is already open for new membership. Last time I checked it was still limited. Please disregard my request orz. Thanks @delightful for the engsub as always.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kissmeStarlight said:

DOne watching ep 15... Is this the end of sotus? :bawling: .. I need my daily week dose of BL.. I will miss Artith and Kongpop. But I like how they end it while both look at each other and the diary says Sotus The love between US .. Btw is it me or anyone wanted Kongpop to hold Artith Hand when they were coming to kongpop dorm? and OMO swoonnnnnnnnnnnnn Duty as your boyfriend Krist expression is to the point.. and he really made Artith look so much in love with Kongpop.

PS- cant wait to see The UNCUT KISS ..yes give me the kiss so i can be satisfy and say goodbye to SOTUS THE SERIES with a complete lovable BL series :D

@kissmeStarlight omgggggg!!!!!!! I also wanted them to hold hands on the way to kongs dorm!!!!!!! The amount of skinship in this ep is just...*sigh* anyway weve got the uncut scene soo itll make up for it......(ihope!)

Also .......i just watched the subbed ep and.......Singtos's adam apple acting is just great...his smile is soo beautiful like srsly......(im so done)♥♥

Alsooooo Krist's shy smile is gonna be the death of me...when kong says his cheesy line.....awwwwwwwwwww his face!!!♥♥♥ *dies*

• Like 6

Finished watching the subbed ep and returned to the 'emotionally unstable' mode lol! I really want to see bts but it's sad because they have filmed SOTUS since 2015 or so and now we are completely done...I should go study for a while, I've never felt this way even when the show I really liked was ending. Realized that SOTUS is really special for me huh.:sweatingbullets::phew:

• Like 8

I just finished watching and replaying Sotus eps 15 for like... 3 or 4 times :sweatingbullets: with had dinner and packed my stuff to go tomorrow in between.

First of all, am I the only one feel that this episode is too short? I NEED MOOOOORE!!!

Arthit is such a kind and cute first year student. He bowed to the tree!!! He did that, it wasn't what he want but he did it AND with an innocent face :wub: He makes me fall in love again with him.

P'Tum and the mosquito is like... I don't know how to react because he said it with serious face but that mosquito line is so funny and unpredictable. I wanna laugh out loud yet I feel like if I laugh, P'Tum will scold me :sweatingbullets:

And then... the bed :blink: There are 2 ideas in my head about that "always messy when arthit is in Kong's room".

First, Arthit is a not so organized person (if I'm not wrong remembering about it :phew:) and everytime he comes to Kong's room, he will just jump and rolling, and do what he usually do in his own room. He feels really comfortable in Kong's room haha and I bet Kong won't mind and find Arthit even mooooore adorable :wub: HAHA I KNOW YOU, KONGPOPE, I KNOOOOOW!!! *devil's laugh*

Second, they... did it. They did that. I believe I don't need to explain more about this idea. I like this idea more, obviously. But I don't mind, too, with my first idea :sweatingbullets:

Anyway... Arthit is not gonna take the bus, but taxi :w00t: and I looooove how Arthit catches Kong's shirt. The fingers' movement... :wub: I can feel a little bit effort to control his own feeling but he can't hold it anymore hahahaha :w00t: Arthiiiiiitt my dear, you love Kong, you miss Kong, you can't live without Kong!

When Arthit was in bed, I really wanted to catch Arthit's expression (that is so cute I could die) that was showed in the, idk, the official trailer/teaser or Keng Tachaya's music video. However, I couldn't catch that and I'm not sure, did I miss that moment or that moment is really not there :vicx:

After all, those smiles and the sound when Arthit giggles are the best! ❤ When Kong and Arthit looked at each other's eyes and smiled sweetly, cutely, full of love and happiness, I smiled widely. No words came out. My heart was moved. I'm so happy.

Finally...

YES, RIGHT! I WILL WAIT FOR THE BEHIND THE SCENE, UNCUT SCENES, UNCUT KISSING SCENE, ANYTHING, EVERYTHING ON THE NEXT EPISODE!!! 

And I am still replaying the scene where Krist went completely soft after Singto said the "duty as a boyfriend" line :wub:

That's all my thought about this final episode. If there is gonna be season 2, I wish it will still focus on them, not about the other couple :) and I hope that it can be as lovely as the first season.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

And Tum be like "That mosquito belongs to me" or something like that wtf xD

DO NOT TOUCH MY MOSQUITO WHY ARE U EVEN TOUCHING MY MOSQUITO LOL

it was the only time i was actually laughing so loud during the episode.:sweatingbullets:

Moreover, it was a line from the novel, thanks Bittersweet....:phew:

• Like 9

I have a feeling that this is going to be a disappointing, boring resume.

Thai universities must be different to others. The students are allowed to talk whilst the Prof is teaching. In fact the Prof even shuts up so that they can talk.

Back to the hazing. At which point I enter Wad mode (and now Nott as well). P'Tum is just so comical he makes you want to walk out on him. We get a repeat of the whole Wad/Wai story.

As for the mosquito bite, all P'Tum wants to do is pick a fight. He gives us a lecture on manners in which the only thing that I have learned is that in Thailand it is considered impolite and disrespectful to react to being bitten by mozzies. Would it still be disrespectful to push the university dog away from you if it was biting your leg ?

Thankfully p'Nott then says exactly what I would have done. P'Tum's counter argument is that it is impossible to have friends or have a social life, without being respectful to the seniors. This of course is complete rubbish. The juniors have already started to form friendships - Arthit's future group of friends is already forming around him (he calls him ai'Nott).

Regardless of all this - we have already seen the same general story in the initial episodes.

Next up, the moment that p'Tum tells Phone that she won't find a husband. Yep, we have already had that at the wedding speech.

I understand the explanation that bowing is a beautiful tradition but the fact that he says that it has to be enforced by petty punishments is a poor argument.

He then says that if the Juniors don't bow to the Seniors it will be impossible for the Seniors to think of them fondly, aiding them, of creating a working relationship between the two groups. In other words, the Seniors will only assist the Juniors if they grovel before them. Bowing to someone because you have to is not the same as bowing because you want to. 

I talk to the trees but they don't answer me.

P'Tum is surprised to see that Arthit is still bowing to a tree hours later. I doubt that Arthit is tired but he must be sorely fed up. P'Tum tells him to go home and rest because he has lessons the following day. Er ! He knew that would be the case before he told Arthit to go and do it.

P'Tum then says to himself that somebody who will stand in front of a tree for three hours, because he was told to, will make a good Head Hazer. So that is the necessary qualification, all has been revealed. :)

That was sixteen minutes of not very much that we hadn't had before.

Kongpob is incorrect. Arthit didn't tell him to shout out : "I like Arthit" three times (it was Prae). Kongpob's was : "I like men".

Fast forward two years and we are back to hazing again. Kongpob tells his Juniors he is going to teach them the song. He then doesn't sing it for them, so how they are supposed to know it, I have no idea.

Fine, I understand his method. Totally humiliate somebody who can't sing, until everybody else comes to his aid. Forcing them to unite as a group but it is still bullying, not encouragement.

Making someone, who cannot sing, get up and then make fun of them could be compared with ordering the skinny guy to take off his shirt and show everybody his muscles. Even Delightful says in her caption that she would have been totally humiliated.

Telling someone to stand in front of a tree for three hours is idiotic, but the victim doesn't really lose self esteem because everybody knows that the punishment is idiotic.

If the first year students are turning up late why don't the teachers do something about it ? Close the door, deduct attendance. They have real power. Mess with me kiddies and you wont pass.

Is it possible that the Prof doesn't know the relationship between Arthit and Kongpob ? That he smiles at Arthit and says without any prompting :  "You are going to the cheerleading room ?" suggests that he knows. Even if he doesn't he would know that there is a 'hazing' relationship between the two so why didn't he simply say : "Could you mention that to Kongpob ?"

Here is a thought. Does Arthit smile as he watches through the door because he knows that Kongpob is holding up his (A's) gear to show the class ?

The pair of them are then alone in the hall, Arthit comes up behind Kongpob all quiet like. They haven't seen each other for a while and the best line he can come up with is : "How's it going ? Tired ?"

The conversation is very stilted. It doesn't flow naturally. Arthit gets all shy at the word 'boyfriend' and that comes back to what I said in my previous post. The relationship seems not to have advanced at all. It is still stuck at 'two weeks ago'. Really cute but seems out of place that far down the line.

Did youse all notice the speed that Kongpob comes back to Arthit ? That was as slow a walking pace as you could manage. If it had been me, I would have been, at the very least, walking a whole lot faster. That Arthit can comment on Kongpob looking slimmer reinforces my impression that it has been sometime since the pair last met up. Time is of the essence and they are not firing off questions at each other. I was with friends yesterday that I only see a few times a year and we hardly allowed silence to enter the house.

For somebody who wasn't hungry, Arthit then eats a meal. The scene serves to remind us of things, Arthit drinks pink milk, Kongpob eats bland food. Arthit reminds Kongpob that he was a troublemaker, which gives us the queue for the last time that he will interject 'Kongpob !' into a conversation. The difference being that this time he follows it with a broad grin.

Did it really take them all evening and getting to the taxi stand for Kongpob to finally have the idea that Arthit could stay overnight and get dropped off to work the following morning ? It is a cute scene filled with faltering moments, small gestures and a brilliant expression on Arthit's face when Kongpob grabs his arm (this time he doesn't shake him off but). Thus there are things that show us that the relationship has moved on but you really have to look for them.

This episode is pretty much just background filler, as was the first meeting of Kongpob and Arthit in the previous episode. Some of this could have been cut into other episodes to bring us up to the party and kiss as the final scene. That would have been my preferred ending.

I'll qualify that slightly. The ultimate scene in the bedroom (where the reveal is made that the story is Kongpob's) offers a decent alternative. The two of them are actually chatting as opposed to their previous wooden conversations. At that moment, there, it would be too easy to forget that so much time has passed. It feels as though we are just a few months from the party.

Hands up all those that agree that the final shot should have been Kongpob leaning in for the kiss ?

All in all then, an episode that showed us why certain things had been said or done in a rather long, meandering fashion.

The problem being that the book finished weeks back. The remainder is 'after thought' from the special chapters. Yet another reason why I fear for a Season 2. This season has been about the flowering of the mutual sentiment between the two main characters. It has been tragic, cute, funny, sad and quite fabulous. Unfortunately the jump into the future failed, to my mind, to capture the progression of those sentiments.

Now to see how much hate mail I have received for the previous post. Push "Submit Reply" and hide.

* That means: Yes !

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, shinnu said:

DO NOT TOUCH MY MOSQUITO WHY ARE U EVEN TOUCHING MY MOSQUITO LOL

it was the only time i was actually laughing so loud during the episode.:sweatingbullets:

Moreover, it was a line from the novel, thanks Bittersweet....:phew:

I thought this moment was so funny as well xD

Right now I'm doing stuff while the playlist is playing in the background it makes me nostalgic already :tears: I think if we wanna re-watch the episodes, we should do it by watching them on the GMMTV YouTube channel, that's what great with internet, nothing ever dies, people will still watch the show, re-watch it, some people will discover it in several years and we can also continue making fan-art, fan-fictions, videos & talk about the show :wub:

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

...I think if we want to re-watch the episodes, we should do it by watching them on the GMMTV YouTube channel, that's what's great with the Internet, nothing ever dies, people will still watch the show, re-watch it, some people will discover it in several years and we can also continue making fan-art, fan-fictions, videos & talk about the show :wub:

I am looking forward to Episode 12 on GMMTV. With luck I'll finally understand what Aim and Kongpob talk about *, laugh again at the goal "in off the bike" and see how they translate 'sharp words'. **

* It is not that I don't follow what they mean, it is just that in English they don't say it. I want a second opinion Doctor :)

** ditto

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, originalnickname said:

I thought this moment was so funny as well xD

Right now I'm doing stuff while the playlist is playing in the background it makes me nostalgic already :tears: I think if we wanna re-watch the episodes, we should do it by watching them on the GMMTV YouTube channel, that's what great with internet, nothing ever dies, people will still watch the show, re-watch it, some people will discover it in several years and we can also continue making fan-art, fan-fictions, videos & talk about the show :wub:

You are really brave tho haha!:tears: I don't even want to rewatch ep 15 because I know I'm going to cry again. I'm still feeling a little down, it has a huge influence on me and I'm scared haha!

Yes, it's the best solution. It'll help them+they'll know that we really care about SOTUS (I guess, they already know but anyway..:phew:). Bless people who invented the internet lol!:) I'm so happy we have our little sotus family on soompi and on PM forum, so we will for sure talk about sotus even though it has ended (for us it will never end huh!:heart:). Krist&Singto and others won't forget about this as well since this is their first 'serious' TV show + a fact that they were at the same uni makes it even more amazing.:phew:

btw they have a fanmeeting on January 14 so we can expect some fluffy moments from them maybe? and they will sing together the sotus ost.:wub:

• Like 6

@dustinmyeye, before  I go and hide somewhere too ( probably under some warm blanket, cos' it's so f...ng  freezing today ) :), I just wanna say I'm gonna miss your brilliant resumes, I truly admire your writing skills :wub:

Spoiler

btw,  interesting quote from Ch. Dickens on PinkMilk.:) 

HUGS&KISSES :kiss_wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dedededeva said:

I just finished watching and replaying Sotus eps 15 for like... 3 or 4 times :sweatingbullets: with had dinner and packed my stuff to go tomorrow in between.

First of all, am I the only one feel that this episode is too short? I NEED MOOOOORE!!!

Arthit is such a kind and cute first year student. He bowed to the tree!!! He did that, it wasn't what he want but he did it AND with an innocent face :wub: He makes me fall in love again with him.

P'Tum and the mosquito is so confusing because he said it with serious face but that mosquito line is so funny and unpredictable. I wanna laugh out loud yet I feel like if I laugh, P'Tum will scold me :sweatingbullets:

And then... the bed :blink: There are 2 ideas in my head about that "always messy when arthit is in Kong's room".

First, Arthit is a not so organized person (if I'm not wrong remembering about it :phew:) and everytime he comes to Kong's room, he will just jump and rolling, and do what he usually do in his own room. He feels really comfortable in Kong's room haha and I bet Kong won't mind and find Arthit even mooooore adorable :wub: HAHA I KNOW YOU, KONGPOPE, I KNOOOOOW!!! *devil's laugh*

Second, they... did it. They did that. I believe I don't need to explain more about this idea. I like this idea more, obviously. But I don't mind, too, with my first idea :sweatingbullets:

Anyway... Arthit is not gonna take the bus, but taxi :w00t: and I looooove how Arthit catches Kong's shirt. The fingers' movement... :wub: I can feel a little bit effort to control his own feeling but he can't hold it anymore hahahaha :w00t: Arthiiiiiitt my dear, you love Kong, you miss Kong, you can't live without Kong!

When Arthit was in bed, I really wanted to catch Arthit's expression (that is so cute I could die) that was showed in the, idk, the official trailer/teaser or Keng Tachaya's music video. However, I couldn't catch that and I'm not sure, did I miss that moment or that moment is really not there :vicx:

After all, those smiles and the sound when Arthit giggles are the best! ❤ When Kong and Arthit looked at each other's eyes and smiled sweetly, cutely, full of love and happiness, I smiled widely. No words came out. My heart was moved. I'm so happy.

Finally...

YES, RIGHT! I WILL WAIT FOR THE BEHIND THE SCENE, UNCUT SCENES, UNCUT KISSING SCENE, ANYTHING, EVERYTHING ON THE NEXT EPISODE!!! 

And I am still replaying the scene where Krist went completely soft after Singto said the "duty as a boyfriend" line :wub:

That's all my thought about this final episode. If there is gonna be season 2, I wish it will still focus on them, not about the other couple :) and I hope that it can be as lovely as the first season.

Can you please let me know where I can watch ep15 .. I have been away forum for a couple of days due to my schoolwork... Please help me

@dustinmyeye Don't hide because of your criticism! I think you're absolutely right in everything that you've said. The scenes with P'Tum's hazing just made me cringe. He didn't seem like he was trying to teach anything, he looked like he was just trying to pick a fight. I did like the "it's my mosquito why are you killing it?" line, but in reality it's just an excuse to annoy the kids. The only enjoyment I got from those scenes was that our hazing team looked very handsome with their buttoned-up white shirts.

I understand why everyone was disappointed with Kong and Arthit's still awkward relationship, I was too frustrated at their long pauses and lack of enthusiasm. But, I think that they didn't really have the time to act like a couple. The fact is that they are not a "normal" couple accepted by the society. You never know who is against homosexuality. They might have gotten bad reactions from people around them if they acted like a couple, maybe from the taxi driver, maybe from anyone else that was there at the campus. Therefore, I don't think they would feel comfortable doing skinship anywhere public. Then in Kong's room they were alone and they were completely different. They weren't stiff and at the end they did show signs of incoming skinship. Especially Arthit was a lot more flirty than he was two years ago. He did some really cute things with his voice while reading Kong's diary.

I was a bit disappointed with this episode but it's probably because it was the last episode and I had too many expectations. If this was say, the 7th episode, I would have liked it equally as the other episodes. I'm sure I will like it a lot more when I re-watch the series ;)

• Like 7